• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Then the term DLC is utterly meaningless, ya twit. It's like saying any Steam game is DLC for Steam instead of, you know, a game.
Wrong. DLC is outright downloaded content from somewhere. But it's defined as something outside of bug/nerf/buff fixes. A new mode is none of those. It's 100% DLC in every damn way. Get over it already. He's doing both. Not to anyone's surprise. We knew that anyway.

The Wii U version will have the same roster as the 3DS version currently does. Full stop. This will not change in number or form. Not at Wii U release, not in the near future, nor any point beyond. This is literally the Brawl DLC argument ALL OVER AGAIN. If DLC comes, it will be modes, or tweaks. NOT new fighters. Deal with the roster, 'cause it's the one you've got from here on out.

Think about the various modes and such that would need independent updates PER CHARACTER. HRC, Smash Run, TPB, ALL-STAR MODE(which would become unbeatable if you allowed DLC characters to compete in it).

Ahahaha the sodium is strong with this one.
I'm sorry that you have no idea what Sakurai is planning with the Wii U version?

nice try, but you don't know the plans. It having temporary exclusives 100% fits within his plans, if he made that.

Unlike Brawl, DLC is fully possible. It doesn't need special programming. We knew Brawl could not get new characters unless it was planned to do in the programming. You need to seriously learn about the systems before talking about this, because there's legitimate reasons behind it. New Fighters may damn well happen. We have gotten nothing to say it can't. Learn to live with this.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Pm alt costume, a game where the developers give a crap.
Speaking of Project M, if they were able to put Mewtwo in that easily then clearly there can only be 2 options for the new game.

-Mewtwo will be added via cross-linking, DLC, or something like that to hype the Wii U version upon release

-Sakurai just straight up hates Mewtwo

There's no reason to harbor hostility toward Sakurai over the loss of ICs. They're cut because of an insurmountable technical challenge, not because he pointed his finger and made them gone for no reason.

And what a long way the fanbase has come! In the early days of SSB4 speculation, people were calling for the heads of Ike, Lucario and Jigglypuff for being irrelevant. Now, one of the most futureless characters is cut and there is some outcry. If a character is fun to play as in Smash, nothing else should matter about them deserving to return, and it seems like people are seeing it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of Project M, if they were able to put Mewtwo in that easily then clearly there can only be 2 options for the new game.

-Mewtwo will be added via cross-linking, DLC, or something like that to hype the Wii U version upon release

-Sakurai just straight up hates Mewtwo
Mewtwo wasn't high priority for Brawl but had finished work done. Maybe it's both of these things. I think he's potential DLC myself.(which is possible, since we got DLC and patches truly separately now. And by definition too)

MagnesD3

Smash Master
There's no reason to harbor hostility toward Sakurai over the loss of ICs. They're cut because of an insurmountable technical challenge, not because he pointed his finger and made them gone for no reason.

And what a long way the fanbase has come! In the early days of SSB4 speculation, people were calling for the heads of Ike, Lucario and Jigglypuff for being irrelevant. Now, one of the most futureless characters is cut and there is some outcry. If a character is fun to play as in Smash, nothing else should matter about them deserving to return, and it seems like people are seeing it.
They are cut because they were chosen to be cut period.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
FOR EVERYONE FIGHTING OVER WHAT DLC IS:

Mario Kart 8's downloadable content packs were listed as AOC on their website which stands for Add-On Content. They called it this to seperate it from the rest of the patches and updates.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The Wii U version will have the same roster as the 3DS version currently does. Full stop. This will not change in number or form. Not at Wii U release, not in the near future, nor any point beyond. This is literally the Brawl DLC argument ALL OVER AGAIN. If DLC comes, it will be modes, or tweaks. NOT new fighters. Deal with the roster, 'cause it's the one you've got from here on out.

Think about the various modes and such that would need independent updates PER CHARACTER. HRC, Smash Run, TPB, ALL-STAR MODE(which would become unbeatable if you allowed DLC characters to compete in it).
So Nintendo is going to sell the exact same game with the exact same roster to populaces that have just bought the game a month or so ago?( Mind you this is something they've never done not even with Pokemon) On a a system that desperately needs help in sales? So there isn't going to be any roster hype or anything like that to drive sales? Okay, we'll see.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Wrong. DLC is outright downloaded content from somewhere. But it's defined as something outside of bug/nerf/buff fixes. A new mode is none of those. It's 100% DLC in every damn way. Get over it already. He's doing both. Not to anyone's surprise. We knew that anyway.

I'm sorry that you have no idea what Sakurai is planning with the Wii U version?

nice try, but you don't know the plans. It having temporary exclusives 100% fits within his plans, if he made that.

Unlike Brawl, DLC is fully possible. It doesn't need special programming. We knew Brawl could not get new characters unless it was planned to do in the programming. You need to seriously learn about the systems before talking about this, because there's legitimate reasons behind it. New Fighters may damn well happen. We have gotten nothing to say it can't. Learn to live with this.
Ahahaha this is why I don't participate in speculation with you smacktards because it's just "well Sakurai didn't say no so its gotta be real" "totally makes sense, this's how it's gonna happen" "mewtwo's demanded worldwide of course he's in!" Oh, oops, did I make up that last one, lol? How'd your boy do in that respect, huh? Still not in? Wow, how could so many people be wrong?

You have zero, ZERO knowledge of his plans yourself, by the by. For all we know, he's counting on some Wii U exclusive modes and the fact that it's HD Smash with GCN controls as an option to appeal to folk and, guess what, we'd be right, because that's the very reason a lot of folk are thinking about skipping this version and just waiting, and that was before the roster was revealed!

lololololol this hope train's on a wreckage course just like it was when the JPN version got streamed.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers absolutely weren't "Chosen" to be cut, and Sakurai even said that they were running properly on the Wii U version of the game. The duo got as far as to actually be running around at some point.

They are removed solely because the 3DS is not adequate enough to handle them. If it could have been done without taking months away from the rest of the game to find a work around that might not even exist, they would definitely be in.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
So Nintendo is going to sell the exact same game with the exact same roster to populaces that have just bought the game a month or so ago?( Mind you this is something they've never done not even with Pokemon) On a a system that desperately needs help in sales? So there isn't going to be any roster hype or anything like that to drive sales? Okay, we'll see.
Yes. Yes they are. Also, they did this junk with Pokemon(Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Soul Silver). There will probably be MODE hype(play as bosses! Smash in HD! Improved Online! Use your GCN controller!), but the roster itself will not change.

Also, what about the peeps that didn't buy the 3DS version? Or the folk that shell out for the N3DS, where's their exclusive Smash stuff? Oh wait, that doesn't make sense? Well, duh.

Last edited:

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
Ahahaha this is why I don't participate in speculation with you smacktards because it's just "well Sakurai didn't say no so its gotta be real" "totally makes sense, this's how it's gonna happen" "mewtwo's demanded worldwide of course he's in!" Oh, oops, did I make up that last one, lol? How'd your boy do in that respect, huh? Still not in? Wow, how could so many people be wrong?

You have zero, ZERO knowledge of his plans yourself, by the by. For all we know, he's counting on some Wii U exclusive modes and the fact that it's HD Smash with GCN controls as an option to appeal to folk and, guess what, we'd be right, because that's the very reason a lot of folk are thinking about skipping this version and just waiting, and that was before the roster was revealed!

lololololol this hope train's on a wreckage course just like it was when the JPN version got streamed.
The difference between what you're saying "They aren't going to be in" and what everybody else is saying "They could be in" ("They" here being a stand-in for any character at all) is that you are speaking in absolutes while everybody else is keeping things in the realm of possibility as they have not been proven untrue. Nobody is saying "This + This Definitely Equals This", but "This + This Might Equal This".

Oh, the other difference is you being an asshole :D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
FOR EVERYONE FIGHTING OVER WHAT DLC IS:

Mario Kart 8's downloadable content packs were listed as AOC on their website which stands for Add-On Content. They called it this to seperate it from the rest of the patches and updates.
There's no real factor beyond "Downloadable Content". If you download it, it's DLC. Not rocket science here. It's called that for that reason only. Patches were just a subset of DLC anyway.

It doesn't matter either way.

So do you. And now you're blatantly being a trolling jerk. You don't know crap about his plans. If we get more characters, it's unsurprising at all anyway. Many expect this due to the sole and pure fact many cuts are easy DLC beyond one at best. They could be wrong. But I don't see one single reason Sakurai wouldn't make more characters when he has time to. Never mind Bandai-Namco were hiring 80 people to help make character and course stuff for, get this, Smash Bros. They outright reported that.

DLC is pretty much confirmed anyway. And that's all from real information. Do some research next time before you act like a condescending jerk.

Also, since it's clear you're being a dumb troll, welcome to the Ignore list. Try using actual logic next time and realize it's speculation. Saying you know stuff when you know nothing just makes your contributions 100% worthless to everyone. You have zero evidence to back up anything you've said at all anyway.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Too bad I don't believe that. Same roster. I have a hard time believing we'll get an exclusive roster outside of the pure New 3DS version. Full stop.

Honestly, people, just get the hell over it. There is no exclusives. It's not happening. Miyamoto nor Sakurai are idiots.

Yes, and they won't be available for the Wii U version then. Because that's an entirely new game.

Just remember Sakurai was only planning a handheld Smash at first. He was suggested to do the Wii U version as well. The IC cuts were happening no matter what. And are a permanent addition to the regular Smash 4 versions. Now and forever. He couldn't get them to work at all. They tried. They failed. It happens.

I know they're gone. Forever. It happens. I'm not even mad about it. And I should be, considering I roleplayed as both in a game. So you'd think I would be salty, but eh.

Mii Fighters are a menu. Why would DLC never be? And I agree the rosters will be the same. If we get DLC later to enable special characters on the 3DS version

New Modes are DLC. In every way. :facepalm: Patches are fixes. The 3DS version has zero fixes right now. There is one for the Peach bug though coming. That's a real patch. We've had both.

The idea the Wii U has a few more characters that are DLC for the 3DS version is possible, though. That would be diverging, as long as the roster is always the same.
Well according to this they were being worked on in the wii u version: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...bros-wii-u3ds-and-more-in-new-famitsu-column/

In any case if the new 3ds hardware makes them possible, what is stopping them from being potential dlc for both versions someday?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well according to this they were being worked on in the wii u version: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakur...bros-wii-u3ds-and-more-in-new-famitsu-column/

In any case if the new 3ds hardware makes them possible, what is stopping them from being potential dlc for both versions someday?
Because both the Wii U and 3DS versions will have the exact same playable roster.(Sakurai made it clear they will never be different) If a second Wii U version comes out, that'd be fine with me, though. It would not have any connection to the regular 3DS version either by design. Thus, he wouldn't be lying.

And for those trying to say "there's no way DLC will exist". He did not say the 3DS release version will 100% be the final roster at all. That's a severe misinterpretation of what he said. If not a downright lie. He never implied it period. Just that the rosters will never be different.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yes. Yes they are. Also, they did this junk with Pokemon(Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Soul Silver). There will probably be MODE hype(play as bosses! Smash in HD! Improved Online! Use your GCN controller!), but the roster itself will not change.

Also, what about the peeps that didn't buy the 3DS version? Or the folk that shell out for the N3DS, where's their exclusive Smash stuff? Oh wait, that doesn't make sense? Well, duh.
Okay we'll see..

The first generation remakes, were ways to obtain Pokemon lost during the hardware trade split between GBC and GBA, and were also different from the original releases and Ruby & Sapphire . Same goes for Heart Gold and Soul Sliver, which had connective unlocks if you had Kyorge and Groudon in the same game.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Because both the Wii U and 3DS versions will have the exact same playable roster.(Sakurai made it clear they will never be different) If a second Wii U version comes out, that'd be fine with me, though. It would not have any connection to the regular 3DS version either by design. Thus, he wouldn't be lying.

And for those trying to say "there's no way DLC will exist". He did not say the 3DS release version will 100% be the final roster at all. That's a severe misinterpretation of what he said. If not a downright lie. He never implied it period. Just that the rosters will never be different.
Right, if they are dlc for both systems, then they will still have the same roster. Am I missing something here?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay we'll see..

The first generation remakes, were ways to obtain Pokemon lost during the hardware trade split between GBC and GBA, and wer also different from the original releases. Same goes for Heart Gold and Soul Sliver, which had connective unlocks if you had Kyorge and Groudon in the same game.
Also, you could not put in "new characters" between Gen 1 and 2. They were treated uniquely in that regard. New moves, new Pokemon, etc. could not be transferred. That would apply no less here for the New 3DS version too. Plus, it cannot connect to the 3DS with IC's active without killing the regular 3DS' severe online lag. That's just a bad idea. No matter how much we want those characters, it won't work with any crossplay. The 3DS version in itself will not have N3DS special features due to this alone.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
FACT: There is something big being hidden from us that will hype up the Wii U version for its release.

(This may not be characters though!!)

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
There's no real factor beyond "Downloadable Content". If you download it, it's DLC. Not rocket science here. It's called that for that reason only. Patches were just a subset of DLC anyway.

It doesn't matter either way.

Lololol just keep arguing semantics like it backs up your position or anything. Using bold 'cause using italics when text is already italicized is dumb so I'm a stupid for that lol.

So do you. And now you're blatantly being a trolling jerk. You don't know crap about his plans. If we get more characters, it's unsurprising at all anyway. Many expect this due to the sole and pure fact many cuts are easy DLC beyond one at best. They could be wrong. But I don't see one single reason Sakurai wouldn't make more characters when he has time to. Never mind Bandai-Namco were hiring 80 people to help make character and course stuff for, get this, Smash Bros. They outright reported that.

You assert that character DLC is on the way. So, your evidence please? And I mean CHARACTER DLC, not mode DLC or garbage like that, or are we still saying 'b-b-b-b-b-b-but my HYPE TRAIN'? Also, the man's DYING. At the very least he's losing easy use of his arms, so just 'cause he has free time doesn't mean he's gonna spend it doing THIS ****.

DLC is pretty much confirmed anyway. And that's all from real information. Do some research next time before you act like a condescending jerk.

Lololol yes gauges are DLC. Most good. It's not even a new /mode/, it's literally a metric!

Also, since it's clear you're being a dumb troll, welcome to the Ignore list. Try using actual logic next time and realize it's speculation. Saying you know stuff when you know nothing just makes your contributions 100% worthless to everyone. You have zero evidence to back up anything you've said at all anyway.

There's no ****ing point to contributing to this because there ain't **** to back it up with. Which is why I get so annoyed with little ****s going 'sakurai'll totally do it 'cause that's what the fans all want!' The fans wanted Ridley, and it didn't ****ing happen. The fans wanted Mewtwo, and it didn't ****ing happen. The fans wanted K. Rool, and it DIDN'T. ****ING. HAPPEN. You getting me yet? Oh, wait, you /ignore cause you're a baby. Cool beans!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right, if they are dlc for both systems, then they will still have the same roster. Am I missing something here?
Ice Climbers cannot work on the 3DS system no matter what. That means they won't be on the Wii U version no matter what. That's the part you're missing. All 3 versions could have the same, except the New 3DS version could potentially have unique characters. But only that version. Crossplay won't happen, as I noted above, though.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Ice Climbers cannot work on the 3DS system no matter what. That means they won't be on the Wii U version no matter what. That's the part you're missing. All 3 versions could have the same, except the New 3DS version could potentially have unique characters. But only that version. Crossplay won't happen, as I noted above, though.
You are misunderstanding me. Same game for wii u, 3ds, and new 3ds. Only difference being new 3ds and wii u will have the option to download them. I'll admit I don't know if that could work technically for online play etc, and that would be really crappy on Nintendo's part for old 3ds owners..

Last edited:

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
It's possible that they would have the time to figure out a work-around once the Wii U version is released. Just because the Ice Climbers couldn't work as the developers had originally designed them doesn't mean there aren't other codes or tricks that could be used to get a similar result which are more palatable to the 3DS hardware. This has happened with a number of games before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You are misunderstanding me. Same game for wii u, 3ds, and new 3ds. Only difference being new 3ds and wii u will have the option download them. I'll admit I don't know if that could work technically for online play etc, and that would be really crappy on Nintendo's part for old 3ds owners..
Nope. Just let it go.

That means the 3DS does not have the same characters as the Wii U version. That means Sakurai is lying to his fans directly, something he promised would not change and told us that to make sure everybody is happy with whatever version they got character-wise. Just pick which version has the better non-character exclusives.

Which means it's not happening no matter what. That's a direct declaration by Sakurai. I know people hate the cuts, but it doesn't change that fact.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Nope. Just let it go.

That means the 3DS does not have the same characters as the Wii U version. That means Sakurai is lying to his fans directly, something he promised would not change and told us that to make sure everybody is happy with whatever version they got character-wise. Just pick which version has the better non-character exclusives.

Which means it's not happening no matter what. That's a direct declaration by Sakurai. I know people hate the cuts, but it doesn't change that fact.
And if it happens 2-3 years from now? When lots of people have already bought the new one? And maybe sakurai has stepped down? I'm just saying.. It's possible, and technically.. It's still a 3ds.. Just an updated version.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And if it happens 2-3 years from now? When lots of people have already bought the new one? And maybe sakurai has stepped down? I'm just saying.. It's possible, and technically.. It's still a 3ds.. Just a different updated version.
Or you could just get over it like some others have.

By then, that'll be an entirely new Wii U edition(or even a different console). The New 3DS version will only have its own exclusives, will add to both sets of games, or will connect with an entirely new console game for the same character list.

Again, I hate the cuts too, but this is a reality situation. People need to let the Wii U exclusive idea go. It just isn't in the cards here.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Or you could just get over it like some others have.

By then, that'll be an entirely new Wii U edition(or even a different console). The New 3DS version will only have its own exclusives, will add to both sets of games, or will connect with an entirely new console game for the same character list.

Again, I hate the cuts too, but this is a reality situation. People need to let the Wii U exclusive idea go. It just isn't in the cards here.
I was never under it. I honestly don't care about the ic, and am fine with Lucas being gone actually, I was just saying..it's possible.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was never under it. I honestly don't care about the ic, and am fine with Lucas being gone actually, I was just saying..it's possible.
Fair enough. I am under the same idea, that "If Sakurai leaves, it could happen." I've said so myself. I don't believe it to be the case, but it is possible. I think we should honestly wait to see what character dlc we might get. We already got new mode dlc, so... who knows.

D

Deleted member

Think about the various modes and such that would need independent updates PER CHARACTER. HRC, Smash Run,TPB, ALL-STAR MODE(which would become unbeatable if you allowed DLC characters to compete in it).
Why would Smash Run need an update?
That's like saying "Oh, Iran just split into 2 nation! I need a new map of Canada!"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
From almost a full week and still no ridley nor bandana dee trophy found

Unbelievable i would have exspected them to be found sooner than this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From almost a full week and still no ridley nor bandana dee trophy found

Unbelievable i would have exspected them to be found sooner than this.
Bandanna Dee has no Smash Run equivalent, so this isn't too odd. We know of exclusive Trophies anyway.

Why would Smash Run need an update?
That's like saying "Oh, Iran just split into 2 nation! I need a new map of Canada!"
Beyond maybe a glitch/patch needed, anyway.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I really hope character DLC happens. There is no excuse to why it can't happen and it will be a way to please all the fans who's veterans were apparently cut. It would be a waste and disgrace if it didn't happen.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I really do hope Wolf is playable. He may not have been my main, but he was my second main. Don't give me a repeat of Mario Kart 7 not having my second favorite character ( Waluigi). Luckily Mario kart 8 came out on wii u and my second mario kart main was back along with koopalings. I hope Wolf becomes playable again on WII U or DLC so that I can have all my mains and Koopalings and other possible mains in Super Smash Bros WII U/3DS.

Tony Montana

Smash Rookie
To me, it looks like the most legit looking leak is the one where it says you connect the 3DS to the Wii-U to get Chorus men, Dixey, Ridley, and Mewtwo.

And I hope this one is true.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To me, it looks like the most legit looking leak is the one where it says you connect the 3DS to the Wii-U to get Chorus men, Dixey, Ridley, and Mewtwo.

And I hope this one is true.
For the record, that really old file leak was fake. We got a new one, and it has missing playable character files. They're wiped clean. So I'm not so sure this will happen. DLC is another story, though. That can add new files to the game.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how the Chorus Men would play that would make them more 3DS-friendly than the Ice Climbers?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wonder how the Chorus Men would play that would make them more 3DS-friendly than the Ice Climbers?
Same way Duck Hunt would play. Character models appearing for a short moment but otherwise not active. If they were ever planned, anyway. We can't find any proof of it.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Then the term DLC is utterly meaningless, ya twit. It's like saying any Steam game is DLC for Steam instead of, you know, a game.

Ahahaha the sodium is strong with this one.

You don't seem to understand, do you? If the Wii U version has characters that can be transfered to the 3DS version, they'd have the same roster. If you have a source that shows Sakurai said "the rosters will be exactly the same come the wii u launch and will not be completed by linking them" then I'll say you're correct. Since they do need something to hype up the Wii U release, characters could do just that, and be added to the 3DS later. Same roster, but never did they say "when" it'd be the same.

Also demanding that IC stay out of the Wii U version just because they can't work in the 3DS seems petty to me. Don't be petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom