• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theory on yet unrevealed characters and the WiiU/Future Unannounced DLC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i feel like if mewtwo and ridley got in everyone would begin worshiping smash 4 like the secound coming of jesus
which is why i hope this is real

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
They were only broken when improperly balanced, kill chain grabs and everything is fine (which they have done)
Which I wouldn't see how it would change things for the better for them, especially aiming to remove their chain grabs and probably make them play a lot more fused than previous. They built a legacy after Melee, but it's just wasn't going to work with Smash 4 it seems. Deep diving into their reasons is just going around in circles.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Which I wouldn't see how it would change things for the better for them, especially aiming to remove their chain grabs and probably make them play a lot more fused than previous. They built a legacy after Melee, but it's just wasn't going to work with Smash 4 it seems. Deep diving into their reasons is just going around in circles.
Ice Climbers dont need chain grabs this mentality is backward. If they need an infinite to win then they arent balanced correctly.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Ice Climbers dont need chain grabs this mentality is backward. If they need an infinite to win then they arent balanced correctly.
You thought that mentality yourself, and obviously they don't, but it does help them. Even more so if most of the roster can't really do the same and they have actual advantages to ensure that. It can happen, but not so much now.

Yes, thank you for info that's a lot of people are knowing by now. Including myself a couple hours ago.

Last edited:

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
You clearly hadn't absorbed it if your rationale as to Ice Climbers removal is still about balance.

When you don't utilize information, you have to repeat the grade.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
You thought that mentality yourself, and obviously they don't, but it does help them. Even more so if most of the roster can't really do the same and they have actual advantages to ensure that. It can happen, but not so much now.
I've seen a lot of people talk about chain grabs when Icies are brought up.

D

Deleted member

It's probably likely that we will get the cut characters as DLC. The only one I might see a problem with is the one I'm really hoping for, Ice Climbers.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I've seen a lot of people talk about chain grabs when Icies are brought up.
Then that's them. They have other options as well if looked upon deeper, but generally their chain-grabbing was their gig. You won't win only by that, but knowing it while knowing how to climb the ice is literally a two-in-one death trap.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well may the icies rest in peace

The duck hunt dog and ROB and mr game and watch may not be well known but they have far more history than the ice climbers so thats they're atvantages over them

But yes a knuckle of crediablity for the leak because ice climbers is not 4 of the wii u guys (to transfer over to 3ds guys)

According to the rumor the 4 are

1. Ridley
  2. Mewtwo
  3. Dixie kong
  4. Chorus men

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
It's probably likely that we will get the cut characters as DLC. The only one I might see a problem with is the one I'm really hoping for, Ice Climbers.
Keep in mind a new version of the 3ds is going to be released soon in Japan and have new games that will be exclusive to it. It would be kind of d*ck move, but if the new version could handle them, perhaps they will be dlc someday.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unfortunately, they're the only ones we won't see on the 3DS. They could not fix 'em, and it does sound like they gave it a real try. Or they worded it poorly and didn't try hard enough. But 8 large models online can cause serious lag. Same reason they won't be some Wii U and N3DS exclusive. It'd just spit in the 3DS players' faces. That's why he made both rosters equal, so nobody gets left out. I agree on that, even if it came with downsides.

Everybody else is up for grabs(except maybe Roy since having two people named Roy would be confusing. The alts are treated as full characters besides movesets. Although there are slightly unique taunts/victory animations) at best. Nobody has much shown off their differences. They have fully changed names, though.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Well may the icies rest in peace

The duck hunt dog and ROB and mr game and watch may not be well known but they have far more history than the ice climbers so thats they're atvantages over them

But yes a knuckle of crediablity for the leak because ice climbers is not 4 of the wii u guys (to transfer over to 3ds guys)

According to the rumor the 4 are

1. Ridley
  2. Mewtwo
  3. Dixie kong
  4. Chorus men
Could someone please tell me who the Chorus Men are?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Unfortunately, they're the only ones we won't see on the 3DS. They could not fix 'em, and it does sound like they gave it a real try. Or they worded it poorly and didn't try hard enough. But 8 large models online can cause serious lag. Same reason they won't be some Wii U and N3DS exclusive. It'd just spit in the 3DS players' faces. That's why he made both rosters equal, so nobody gets left out. I agree on that, even if it came with downsides.

Everybody else is up for grabs(except maybe Roy since having two people named Roy would be confusing. The alts are treated as full characters besides movesets. Although there are slightly unique taunts/victory animations) at best. Nobody has much shown off their differences. They have fully changed names, though.
Who cares about 3ds buyers, they should buy a Wii U and give nintendo more cash.

Its a miracle to me how your post was liked. This make me wish that Sakurai never bothered to release a handheld version of Smash. As soon as a rumor hit the Wii U version of semi exclusive content that make sense, you 3DS users still whine. Even though you get to enjoy Smash way before us.
Your reply came off as kind of a nonsequitur to mine. Did you hit reply on the wrong post?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
The games can never be equal.

The 3DS version should have lower expectations because its on a handheld.

The Wii U version should have higher expectations because its on a console.

Therefore they need to stop trying to make the games "equal" and just try to make both games as could as they can be.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
They are equal in characters and will continue to be forever. Get over it.
Personally I don't care if they are equal or not, but let us not forget this is Sakurai and Nintendo we are talking about. If there is anyone who would not keep their promise to the fans it would be them.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

With a new version of the 3ds coming out they might fix them, not to mention this version has a feature targeting the smash audience.. The c stick. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-reveals-new-3ds-models-with-built-in-nfc-/1100-6421985/

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Hooooooboy y'all nuggets is crazy.

We got DLC already. ;) It was a new mode added to the Japanese release on day 1. He can say the word patch, but that's not a "patch" by definition anyway. So yeah, we're getting it. DLC is beyond smart, if it's free. People won't complain about free characters and all.

And I don't know why you're seeing something that has zero percent chances of happening. We're not talking about Ridley being DLC. That has a ghost of a chance. Any exclusive playables do not. Period. I feel bad for Ice Climbers, but there's no use in being in denial about their chances. It's both or nothing.
Nope, that's not DLC, that's a patch. There's a difference between the two. IC's are dead and gone and you just need to accept that. They've gone the way of Pichu and Roy. Figured Rosaluma'd be taking their spot anyway.

Besides, no series just /grows/. There's always a contraction somewhere and when you start getting to 50+, peeps is gonna need to be shown the door. Sakurai even stated himself that both versions rosters will be identical. Again, you people are reading into **** more than you ought. "He didn't say WHEN they'd be identical!" is becoming the new "w-w-well why didn't they just SHOW Ridley if he's a stage hazard?!"(protip: he ain't on 3DS son, that's why we ain't seen **** of him).
Mii Fighters already prove that they could just be a menu full of characters. The CSS doesn't matter at all here.

It's only proven fake if we find a definite real leak with the hacked coding of the game and we find no characters but the obviously cut Ice Climbers(and maybe Chorus Men, for the same reason, technical issues). The other one is a bloody fake. All of the names are inconsistent. They should all be Japanese proper translations of each one at best.

What Wii U Roster? We haven't seen anything but a tiny snippet of it way back when. There are zero leaks of what it looks like. The 3DS character order and Wii U character order have zero guarantees to be the same. We only know it'll have the exact same playable characters and nothing more(and that's 100% assuming it doesn't have exclusives we can add to the 3DS later. But we know all of them will be on the screen. Mii's may have 3 different slots now. We just don't know what it'll look at all).

Nobody knows what the final Wii U game looks like. They're not the same damn game at all. Since we have pretty much zero information, we can't find anything strong against this idea whatsoever(namely because there's zero evidence to suggest it's impossible. And real evidence, not severely old stuff that has no bearing right now).

Give it up. You're wasting your time here and you've provided quite literally no reason for anyone to actually find this unbelievable at all. Try your luck with how a character might work or something. You might be able to do something there. I would suggest doing some research in the leaks group, since you're quite unaware of the many factors in development, and how heavy of an influence Miyamoto is on games. He's always had influence, full stop. Him allowing customs to happen but make connectable unlocks can easily be a compromise between him and Sakurai. See how easy that is? Yeah.
Boy, someone's forgotten about the Wii U Smashfest demo.
I'm starting to honestly believe Ridley is going to be playable.
He's a very significant part of Metroid, the Bowser of the series...and no trophy? (Unless we've found one)

Also, remember the New 3DS. Using the second c-pad is already restricted to New 3DS only, no using the extension for the original. Who says there might be an exclusive dlc for it? *cough Ice Climbers cough*.
I still think trophies mean nothing on DLC and I still think Ice Climbers have a shot of being wii u exclusive.
Dude, stop. We got DLC a bit ago. It was a new Mode.

So we always have a chance of DLC characters.
lolol that's a patch. It's like saying the Vita firmware has DLC because oh man 3.30's introducing THEMES! Maaaaaaaan
Here's my take on all of the alleged characters

On Ridley, Sakurai hasn't been clear about Ridley for 1 full year. Why drag this on if the guy is just a boss? I get it if he was meant to introduce the concept of Stage bosses, but that's what Yellow Devil was used for. So with the concept already known,and us knowing he's in the game in some fashion, why not just reveal him already? He knows more people want him playable, and not a boss, he isn't afraid of deconfirming requested characters, and Ridley is amongst the most. I don't think Sakurai wants to create needless backlash if he can avoid, especially considering Nintendo wants this game to sell, you want to try your best to stay in the customer's good faith, no matter the minority, which is why they went with the quick deconfirms on all notably requested characters. Ridley has only been teased to be a boss, but why tease what's already been a precedent for almost 30 years? That'd be like teasing Mario for another Mario game, or Mario as a playable character. As its stands, Ridley has never been playable in any form thus far, that's a much more hype worthy payoff, worth the 1 year tease.

To Chorus Men, these guys were brought up for so long. They aren't particularly predictable choices, or even highly requested, so why would these oddbball characters be brought up on the Gematsu leak, which love it or hate it, has been dead on with virtually every character it listed, with the exception of Chrom, who even then it was partly right about, since he does appear as a piece of a playable character.

As for Mewtwo, Sakurai said he was considering it, sure this could mean many things. One of the possibilities i thought of was Sakurai had a pokemon slot open, and Mewtwo was probably the consolation choice if he couldn't find an appropriate pokemon from gen 6. But then again, why go back to Lucario? Its obvious more people wanted Mewtwo over Lucario, maybe so gen 1 wasn't overly represented, but again, that hasn't stopped Melee or Brawl from being overrun with gen 1 pokemon and the odd other gen pokemon. Also, Sakurai says there are 39 characters in Brawl, you only reach that number if you separate the changing moveset characters like Samus, Zelda, and Pokemon trainer. In Brawl, there was technically 6 unique pokemon characters, each character had to be developed and worked on separately. So if there can be 6 pokemon in Brawl, why lower the number? Especially considering Mewtwo was planned for Brawl anyway He was never on Sakurai's chopping board. You'd think the high demand for the character, coupled with the fact Sakurai had intended on having Mewtwo in the game, it only make sense he be a priority for pokemon reps.

Dixie Kong, she's a character that doesn't necessarily have a lot of evidence pointing to her being in the game, with the exception of her appearing on the leak with the aforementioned characters. Aside from that, she is a popular character, who would make sense to be a DK newcomer. Honestly, it makes sense for DK to have a newcomer after the success of DK Country Returns, and Tropical Freeze. We don't have all stages for the WiiU confirmed, so its posible DK gets both her and a stage. This isn't like Starfox which was a dead franchise between Brawl and Sm4sh, this series saw even more success than KI, and that has 3 reps. Thus it only makes sense to pay tribute on that success with a new character. Lastly, she was considered for Brawl but couldn't make it, due to time contraints, and if history has taught us anything, Sakurai likes to incorporate ideas he failed to incorporate on the current game to the next one. "cough" Sonic, Snake, Dedede "cough".

Last character I want to bring up is Impa, who I think is among those alleged characters for several reasons. 1, Zelda is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, and it has had a miserable period for newcomers. The only true newcomer since Melee was Zelda and Sheik. Ganondorf is just a Captain Falcon clone and isn't accurate to his series portrayal. Toon Link is just a redesign of Young Link, who was just a clone of Link to begin with, similarly to how Link was redone in his Twilight Princess look from the OoT design he had before. So really, the Zelda franchise has been cheated on a true, wholesome newcomer for too long, and Impa can help fill that void, especially considering the only real change to the Zelda reps was a splitting of Zelda and Sheik only really. Also, her inclusion would help bring the trophy quiz full circle, because so far, it hasn't been wrong on teasing newcomers, and if Ridley is among those other characters, then it leads to her being the next character for Zelda. She's also the only other character to appear in more than one game, so she has that going for her, especially considering Skyward Sword gave her a look that would be approriate as a Smash character.

These are the characters I think are indeed coming with the WiiU, so with these 5, and the 48 other characters is what I think the planned roster was. Here's a list of characters I'd like to see become DLC down the road.

Ice Climbers(Them and the following 2 are fan favorite vets, which would make people happy to see them back)

Lucas

Wolf

Snake(Kojima can always ask Sakurai if he can make Snake a DLC character)

Ghirahim (He is an assist trophy, which means he wasn't a planned character, but they can always work on a playable model after release)

Magnus(Same principal as Ghirahim)

Chrom(He's still the main character of Awakening, and my second favorite Fire Emblem protagonist, they can always work around making someone else appear in Robin's final smash when he's playable)

Daisy( Not as her own character, but an alt for Peach, much like Alph for Olimar, seriously, missed opportunity, Sakurai)

Chrono( Wish fulfillment on my part, but I'd absolutely love to see Chrono from Chrono Trigger, as that would serve as both a Square rep, and strike a balance towards the group thst constantly request Goku)
The above is the ultimate in salty desperation. Like, no joke. I could dry up the world with this. None of this's gonna happen because, guess what, 3DS and WiiU rosters are not going to diverge in the slightest. Period.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
Patches are DLC. They are literally downloaded content. It doesn't matter what the content does or how it's applied or whether it gives you a choice, if it's content that you download it is downloadable content. DLC.

Now go on. Ride your high horse into the sunset, ya yellowbelly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally I don't care if they are equal or not, but let us not forget this is Sakurai and Nintendo we are talking about. If there is anyone who would not keep their promise to the fans it would be them.
Too bad I don't believe that. Same roster. I have a hard time believing we'll get an exclusive roster outside of the pure New 3DS version. Full stop.

Honestly, people, just get the hell over it. There is no exclusives. It's not happening. Miyamoto nor Sakurai are idiots.

With a new version of the 3ds coming out they might fix them, not to mention this version has a feature targeting the smash audience.. The c stick. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-reveals-new-3ds-models-with-built-in-nfc-/1100-6421985/
Yes, and they won't be available for the Wii U version then. Because that's an entirely new game.

Just remember Sakurai was only planning a handheld Smash at first. He was suggested to do the Wii U version as well. The IC cuts were happening no matter what. And are a permanent addition to the regular Smash 4 versions. Now and forever. He couldn't get them to work at all. They tried. They failed. It happens.

Nope, that's not DLC, that's a patch. There's a difference between the two. IC's are dead and gone and you just need to accept that. They've gone the way of Pichu and Roy. Figured Rosaluma'd be taking their spot anyway.
I know they're gone. Forever. It happens. I'm not even mad about it. And I should be, considering I roleplayed as both in a game. So you'd think I would be salty, but eh.

Besides, no series just /grows/. There's always a contraction somewhere and when you start getting to 50+, peeps is gonna need to be shown the door. Sakurai even stated himself that both versions rosters will be identical. Again, you people are reading into **** more than you ought. "He didn't say WHEN they'd be identical!" is becoming the new "w-w-well why didn't they just SHOW Ridley if he's a stage hazard?!"(protip: he ain't on 3DS son, that's why we ain't seen **** of him).

Boy, someone's forgotten about the Wii U Smashfest demo.
Mii Fighters are a menu. Why would DLC never be? And I agree the rosters will be the same. If we get DLC later to enable special characters on the 3DS version

lolol that's a patch. It's like saying the Vita firmware has DLC because oh man 3.30's introducing THEMES! Maaaaaaaan
New Modes are DLC. In every way. :facepalm: Patches are fixes. The 3DS version has zero fixes right now. There is one for the Peach bug though coming. That's a real patch. We've had both.

The above is the ultimate in salty desperation. Like, no joke. I could dry up the world with this. None of this's gonna happen because, guess what, 3DS and WiiU rosters are not going to diverge in the slightest. Period.
The idea the Wii U has a few more characters that are DLC for the 3DS version is possible, though. That would be diverging, as long as the roster is always the same.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's fair to say that Sakurai doesn't give a crap.

As a FE fan, I'm feeling pretty loved.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, no Ridley trophy yet?
Nope. But we do know he appears on the Wii U version in general. It's a potential exclusive character trophy. If he definitely isn't in the 3DS version, this is logical enough. As I said before, I think he should be in both, but eh.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Patches are DLC. They are literally downloaded content. It doesn't matter what the content does or how it's applied or whether it gives you a choice, if it's content that you download it is downloadable content. DLC.

Now go on. Ride your high horse into the sunset, ya yellowbelly.
Then the term DLC is utterly meaningless, ya twit. It's like saying any Steam game is DLC for Steam instead of, you know, a game.

Too bad I don't believe that. Same roster. I have a hard time believing we'll get an exclusive roster outside of the pure New 3DS version. Full stop.

Honestly, people, just get the hell over it. There is no exclusives. It's not happening. Miyamoto nor Sakurai are idiots.

Yes, and they won't be available for the Wii U version then. Because that's an entirely new game.

Just remember Sakurai was only planning a handheld Smash at first. He was suggested to do the Wii U version as well. The IC cuts were happening no matter what. And are a permanent addition to the regular Smash 4 versions. Now and forever. He couldn't get them to work at all. They tried. They failed. It happens.

I know they're gone. Forever. It happens. I'm not even mad about it. And I should be, considering I roleplayed as both in a game. So you'd think I would be salty, but eh.

Mii Fighters are a menu. Why would DLC never be? And I agree the rosters will be the same. If we get DLC later to enable special characters on the 3DS version

Mii Fighters are still a character on CSS and ****. Plus, if you go by the CSS size then that **** only supports maybe four characters. Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, PT, Ridley, K. Rool, B. Dee, Dixie, Krystal, Roy, Mewtwo. Pick four. Rest are DOA entirely.

New Modes are DLC. In every way. :facepalm: Patches are fixes. The 3DS version has zero fixes right now. There is one for the Peach bug though coming. That's a real patch. We've had both.

Bzzt. You're reaching hard with that. It's just another aggregation metric that measures who's doing how throughout the world. It's as much a 'mode' as being able to see your personal statistics. Or GSP. Character DLC is a whole different basket and, again, is gonna be limited as **** with respect to the above. Y'all are reaching hard.

The idea the Wii U has a few more characters that are DLC for the 3DS version is possible, though. That would be diverging, as long as the roster is always the same.

And, what, these're gonna be free? Imagine the rage if someone picks up an Amiibo for a character not on their respective system.
The Wii U version will have the same roster as the 3DS version currently does. Full stop. This will not change in number or form. Not at Wii U release, not in the near future, nor any point beyond. This is literally the Brawl DLC argument ALL OVER AGAIN. If DLC comes, it will be modes, or tweaks. NOT new fighters. Deal with the roster, 'cause it's the one you've got from here on out.

Think about the various modes and such that would need independent updates PER CHARACTER. HRC, Smash Run, TPB, ALL-STAR MODE(which would become unbeatable if you allowed DLC characters to compete in it).
Pm alt costume, a game where the developers give a crap.
Ahahaha the sodium is strong with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom