• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theft at Apex 2013

delirium

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I don't think that it was stolen from me, but I don't see a Lost & Found thread. I'm missing a 16GB flash drive... brand was Mushkin. It was black or dark green w/ a clear cap.

Zone

Smash Champion
Damn.... this thread saddens me.

I've lost my wallet 3 times at smash tournaments....

all 3 times had hundreds of dollars in it.

all 3 times I was PA'd and I got my wallet back with money in tact...

somehow my wallet fell out of my pocket... I might need to invest in some other way of holding my mone lol.

I use to feel super safe with my stuff at smash tournaments, but now it seems I should probably be always weary of theft.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Well.. Damn

Wonder if this is really the last Apex due to all these thefts
Late reply but it's not gonna stop us. No worries :) it was a crappy setback and I feel really crappy knowing a lot of you guys lost stuff. I plan to work closely with getting real security next year and bettering the experience for everyone.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I have the box in my hallway of some stuff but there aren't any systems. I have to ask Alex to see what he has. Between work/being sick I haven't had motivation to take pictures of everything. But I will be getting it up within the week as I'm getting back to normal.

Sedda

Smash Champion
It sucks when things you love are stolen like that.

Reading all of these made me think about something... Are there any "rules" or "guides" written here to help players handle their items?

Something like having a bag attached to you and facing in front of you at all times or something. Just trying to turn this into somewhat of a positive scenario.
Someone could read everything on here and compile a list of manners in which things were stolen, and then try to come up with tips to reduce theft by taking personal precautions in the way you handle your items.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well.. Damn

Wonder if this is really the last Apex due to all these thefts
Don't people's belongings get stolen every year at Apex? That's what I've heard.

I remember Apex 2012 when the police came because Wendy's was robbed. I find it funny/curious how the thief's weren't caught. I mean don't they have cameras down there?

:phone:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
My stuff was left with staff. In order to have stolen from me, they had to go under the staffing tables (which had a skirt), move my pea coat, then rummage through my purse.

I'm pretty damn sure people were actually actively looking for **** to steal.

Top Bottom