• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theft at Apex 2013

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
If people can post here, the things that were stolen from them at the Apex venue, or from their hotels, it would be easier for everyone to help other members of the community get their stuff back.

To start things off:

My beloved controller, Shelly, was stolen from me Sunday morning. I left it Saturday night, since I was volunteer staff. It has a Nintendo Emerald faceplate, Clear backplate, and it glowed blue when plugged in. The controller flashed purple when rumble is activated, and had a white Classic Controller stick instead of the typical GCN stick. It also had a silver plug.

This controller isn't just a controller to me. It was a gift from my mentor who got me in to smash, and is a part of my history. I have taken it to literally every tournament I have ever entered over the past 6 years. I'm the girl who had the controller stolen from me, and offered cash for its return.

That offer still stands. $50 to whomever returns it. If whomever that person is wishes to remain anonymous, they can contact Alex Strife in private. I don't need to know who did it, just as long as I get Shelly back.

I'll update the thread as other people post.

List of things stolen:

@Mizuki:
Teal/clean controller
silver controller
$100
Zune HD 16 gb with a cracked screen

@Ryobeat:
N64/Connections

@Ripple:
Official white nintendo controller

@shmot:
White GameCube controller with heatran and ducklett stickers on the front.

@Prog:
Black GCN controller taken from the Melee TO desk

@battlecow
wires (power one and AV cables) off the back of n64 on friday

@skler
I'm missing my cube, game, and memory card.

@B-Unit:
Lost my blue sweater my grandfather gave me before he died. It's old fashion style.

@Kevin-M
I had my all red controller stolen from me on D3 near the end of it.

@Boat Mode
Someone grabbed my white controller from my hotel room (437). It was almost brand new

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
my white nintendo controller was stolen

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I actually remember seeing that teal controller being played with by someone on the Project Melee booth. They were standing up and playing on the setup closest to the venue entrance(where the player tags were given out). It was lighting up, was definitely a blue/teal color because I remember saying to my friend as we walked in like "hey check that out! That's sick!"

I don't know who you are though so it could have been you playing with it lol

But if you weren't playing Project Melee this could be a lead!

Vixen

Premium
I actually remember seeing that teal controller being played with by someone on the Project Melee booth. They were standing up and playing on the setup closest to the venue entrance(where the player tags were given out). It was lighting up, was definitely a blue/teal color because I remember saying to my friend as we walked in like "hey check that out! That's sick!"

I don't know who you are though so it could have been you playing with it lol

But if you weren't playing Project Melee this could be a lead!
Which day?

i was playing PM Friday and Saturday but I hadn't modded my controller yet.

You might be thinking of YeroC's controller though. His controller is 100% clear and lights up. Mine only lights up on the bottom.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I can't think of what day it was, memory is cloudy. It didn't look clear, it looked blue or maybe the light inside caused it to look blue.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Black GCN controller taken from the Melee TO desk. Oh well, I'm retired anyway.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Someone stole the wires (power one and AV cables) off the back of my n64. No question that it was theft, they didn't unplug themselves.

This happened friday afternoon I believe

Vixen

Premium
in my case i left my stuff with Alex Strife/Staff, but they left the registration area/left my stuff.

my fault for leaving for that long, but still a little upset that i was told it was ok/safe to leave it with them...

Skler

Smash Master
I'm missing my cube, game, and memory card.

I had left it with the staff for use in the tournament, and when I tried to collect it my equipment was missing. It's really unfortunate because...well that's how I play melee.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'm really sorry to hear about your controller Mizuki. I remember them describing it on the PA system at the venue and thinking, "That sounds like the most pimp controller of all time.."

Hope you get it back. I think there's actually a decent chance it'll turn up eventually. Since it's SO destinctive, and enough people across the smash community are aware it was stolen; if the thief ever tries to use it at an event they'll for sure get caught.

Or if they sell it to another player, that player would probably bring it to an event, not knowing it was stolen. In which case they'll probably get informed as to that and most people would be willing to return it to you I would think, since you're basically offering to reimburse them for their purchase.

So yeah. Don't lose hope!

Also. tbh, If Alex Strife assured you of the safety of your property as the head of the event, he should actually be the one offering to pay for it. I'm aware he got stuff stolen as well, and it's not entirely his fault, but the man gave you his word as a professional and didn't follow through on his guarantee. Sucks, but men should be required to live up to their word.

Vixen

Premium
Nah, Corey has me beat. His controller is 100% clear. Mine has the history behind it though, making it one of my most prized possessions.

I really want it back. It legit made me cry when I lost it :C

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I am missing one of my Melee memory cards. It was a grey memory card with a green label that said Animal Crossing and it only has Melee on the card.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I had my all red controller stolen from me on D3 near the end of it.

I'm not thinking its going to be found but if it is that would be sickkkk.

Asa

Smash Hero
I saw a red controller lying around out by where ppl were playing p:m

:phone:

SoulPech

Smash Master
afaik, the stuff should not have been left with the staff. i think there was an announcement over the PA's that if there was stuff (liek coats, bags, etc.) that wasn't a staff member, it would be thrown out. still sucks what happened to the controller.

:phone:

Vixen

Premium
I didn't realize as many people had things stolen from them at this event as they did.

Updated the OP. It's getting very long now.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I accidently left a totally unremarkable silver controller in the subway line and it was gone when I checked back much later.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I losta GameCube and a GameCube Controller :happysheep:

Jk

But really? How do you steal like that?

Too sad bro

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Could be saying he lost a controller beforehand, emphasizing with her.

O.o this is like the most stealing i've ever seen at a video game event being reported.

I suggest people carries bags with their controllers inside them... Works for me at least cause when i'm not playing, its in my messenger/laptop bag and i don't have to keep track if i'm holding onto it or not. Cause thats easy to forget...

Vixen

Premium
Could be saying he lost a controller beforehand, emphasizing with her.

O.o this is like the most stealing i've ever seen at a video game event being reported.

I suggest people carries bags with their controllers inside them... Works for me at least cause when i'm not playing, its in my messenger/laptop bag and i don't have to keep track if i'm holding onto it or not. Cause thats easy to forget...
My spare was in my purse. It was stolen, along with my zune, and $100. :p

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
mine was also stolen out of my bag.

except I was wearing my bag when it was stolen.

someone actually pick pocketed me

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
There was a ZSS user named Salem that stole the Brawl Singles earnings from four MetaKnights I believe.

Top Bottom