• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

thealmightygoat: Round 2

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Someone, seriously close the topic. He already admitted he was lying again in the same topic. WHY are you still discussing a fake roster? If you want to discuss Ryu, do so in the character forums.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Am I the only one not receiving news from an inside source?

Christ, seriously, if that's really the same guy pretending to have been told that roster, than that's just sad.

But if there's some guy who sent that guy that actual message, its just worse. Don't these people realize the more and more fake leaks are posted, the less attention any of them are going to get?

Syroco

Smash Apprentice
Wait, wait. Let me get this right.

You guys are all hoopin' and hollerin' that Ryu is no way going to be in Brawl. I bet you all would have said the same **** thing if Snake was never announced but was on Goat's roster, wouldn't you?

Step off your soapboxes and just take this roster for what it is, and wait out a week and find out for yourselves.

P.S.

Ryu does have good chances. Perhaps Capcom wants to get Ryu back in the spotlight for the upcoming Street Fighter IV.

master_link12

Smash Cadet
Hell I believe my made up prophecies more than him but anyway if he is true (yeah right) then I will change my screen and real name to allmightygoat and I will win every tournament with his name to honor the real "prophet"

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Someone, seriously close the topic. He already admitted he was lying again in the same topic. WHY are you still discussing a fake roster? If you want to discuss Ryu, do so in the character forums.
He did? I haven't been following this due to being too busy, but... he admitted to lying again?

**** that **** **** ****!

:laugh: :mad:

MyBurden

Smash Cadet
I don't believe this prophet guy, but everyone doesn't think Ryu has a chance, which I don't think is true. He is a good capcom representative, has good moves he can use, and they have a new Street Fighter coming out soon, so he could be like a advertisement. Like Marth and Roy in Melee.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That's the thing about Goat, it's obvious he's full of bull, but I like his rosters 95%+ percent.

IF in some way this even REMOTELY resembled the final roster, I would be one happy smasher. The inclusion of Ryu isn't THAT far fetched playability and popularity-wise IMO, but I'm not expecting him.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Wait, wait. Let me get this right.

You guys are all hoopin' and hollerin' that Ryu is no way going to be in Brawl. I bet you all would have said the same **** thing if Snake was never announced but was on Goat's roster, wouldn't you?

Step off your soapboxes and just take this roster for what it is, and wait out a week and find out for yourselves.

P.S.

Ryu does have good chances. Perhaps Capcom wants to get Ryu back in the spotlight for the upcoming Street Fighter IV.
QFT ( 10 char )

-Dark-Marth-

Smash Apprentice
Im surprised this is still open.
He was already proved false, so anything this guy says now will never be claimed as truth.
Unless he shows evidence, which he wont.
He just wants attention, from the boards to his little own section on Show Me Your News.
Wanna know the Best way to get rid of him? IGNORE AND FORGET ABOUT HIM!

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
You're the only one who seems to be saying this. Do you have a quote of him admitting it?
Considering the topic doesn't anymore, no, I don't have a quote. But he did say he lied again (and hence why the topic was deleted).

So yeah, someone close the topic or at least edit the first post/title before the gullibility spreads like wildfire.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Considering it hasn't TECHNICALLY been debunked, and the fact that Ryu (a different choice for third party), I've added it to my post (since I'm bored :D)

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I believe the creator of the list claiming it's a lie is technical enough to debunk it. :p

Flatfeet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flatfeet
Oh dear, now I'm stuck thinking how well Ryu would mesh with the rest of the Smash crew...=/

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
While this is most likely a fraud, I also find Ryu strangely appealing. He was a characters I had never considered before this, but now that I think about it, he would fit in very nicely. But my fingers aren't crossed.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i actually think Ryu has a chance of being in Brawl, his moveset can be easily implemented, also Ryu has been in many crossover fighting games

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
He's obviously trying to implicate Serebii on this matter but w/e.

Ryu is what ruined it for me.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I was like ryu? who is this guy? looked it up on wikipedia and it says this:

"Ryu is the archetypical fighting game protagonist, and he has provided the basis for many other fighting game characters. Ryu has appeared in every Street Fighter game and vs/crossover games produced in part with Capcom."

i've never played streetfighter before so i didnt know about him, but i DEFINATLEY know this was an IMPORTANT game series (new SF game coming soon i hear!), mother of the fighting game, and guess what, SSB is the most popular fighting franchise around (the new SF so to speak). Ryu was made for a fighting game and is the "basis for many other fighting game characters." to me Ryu seems to outprioritize Megaman, a lot.

Ness could be a starter for all we know, god dam he was a starter in melee (i don't know why everyone jumps to "Ness deconfirmed" just because of Lucas, Sheik has a high probability to return even though she has a weak role in the ONLY game she ever appeared in, just due to vetranship, which is the reason ness will return with)

This roster isn't all that bad its just that its so BIG, more chances for a new broken char to be found, but the real reason i worry about that is that I don't automatically think the roster will be about double melee's roster. Sakurai said that he ended up with a 26 char roster by accident, the clones bieng made b/c they had extra time on their hands. Im ASSUMING no clones in Brawl from some of what sakurai said (didnt he say that the clones from melee might be in hot water or soemthing) so they have to make full characters and balance them and all those other nice things. I'm thinking a mid-high 30s roster is likely. Though they've had a lot of time so who knows what they've been doing

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
honestly i think this roster is probable, i'm not saying it's true, i'm just saying it's possible. i also think it dumb that people can't except Ryu. If Brawl came out and had Ryu in it, i guess it's a fake game cause it has no Megaman, just Ryu...

JPW

Smash Ace
i like this roster a lot. But I have my doubts on a few.. but it be a nice roster to work with and one I could stick with.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
This guy is only making a fool out of himself, first debunking himself and now earning pity back by making excuses, he needs to give up. Seriously, the only thing this guy is doing is getting more people ****** off and making a few believe in his "reliable" ****.

If they don't have their proofs to back it up, it's considered unbelievable. Don't get your hopes up for these Prophets.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Ryu IS the iconic Fighting Game character, and IS consistantly the go-to guy for crossovers as far as Capcom is concerned. In fact, I think Ryu's chances are better than Mega Man. He's got a new game coming, requires only talking to Capcom USA, and doesn't force Nintendo to choose WHICH Mega Man.

krynny

Smash Cadet
i think ppl are trying to get their last fake spoilers out now while they can, since everything will be revealed within the coming 2 weeks. It's so close to the release that im really just checking to see what else can say for their creditability other than - "someone gave me this and it's really reliable, but i can't say who and I am not taking credit for this." Get's old quick to be sure.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say this...I don't believe the guy at all, not after what went down before with Goat, but what if (and thats a BIG WHAT IF) the guy actually did get info after ****ing around with us and now we just choose not to believe it just on principle? I mean Ryu certainly sounds rediculous, but completely impossible? I think not. Again, gonna stick to my guns and not believe it, yet I won't say that it can't be true. And if it does turn out true, well, it won't be a huge surprise, and I give my props to him for getting it to us before he was banned.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Yeah right Geno, not a 3rd party character. Geno IS a 3rd party character. Nintendo will not buy all of the rights to a character for 1 game.
Nintendo doesnt even have the right to use him without permision.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I was like ryu? who is this guy?:
This is where I stopped reading and thought "Where have you been the past twenty years?"

Final Smash - Super Fireball/Evil Ryu/Super Hurricane Kick?
The Moveset is very plausible, and Ryu has appeared on Nintendo systems
I never considered Evil Ryu...
And he's appeared on the NES, SNES, GameCube, GBA, GBC. So basically, he's passed the rule of "Being on a console."

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
...Crazy. The masked leaker rides again! But he was given the benefit of the doubt. And his benefits are now lost.

Cool (large) roster though. Ryu would be so weird. A lot of fans would pretty much hate sakurai for that.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Didn't you say something like Smashborards are leakers, Sakurai never pleases them even after a character update. I know you said something like that. <.<

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Didn't you say something like Smashborards are leakers, Sakurai never pleases them even after a character update. I know you said something like that. <.<
Wait huh? I mentioned after Olimar that people complained for some reason. If Ryu gets in, I can see the towering flames from here.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Meeh... he doesn't stop.. but... Ryu in Brawl.. it is possible o.o..

I just wait till 24 jan.. and then we''ll see... ****ed.. some people don't give up >_<

He was saying in his first prophet... he won't show a roster.. what is he doing now xD....

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yeah right Geno, not a 3rd party character. Geno IS a 3rd party character. Nintendo will not buy all of the rights to a character for 1 game.
Nintendo doesnt even have the right to use him without permision.
Sounds like you havn't checked the Geno thread and looked at the link about Geno being a "2 and a half" party.

EarthboundMun

Smash Cadet
That roster's too safe. It has everyone that has some sort of large fan following behind them, but Ryu comes out of nowhere. I highly doubt Capcom would choose someone like Ryu, if indeed they were included in the project, to be their representative. Megaman seems a far more likelier choice, because when I think Capcom, I think.. who else? Megaman. The Blue Bomber. The Fighting Robot (lol). Anyway, thealmightygoat was a hack, starved for attention, and people were gullible enough to believe him. End of story.

This feels like Melee all over again, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who's like this. Wait 'til January 26th, we'll know everything then. And, yes, I'm aware I didn't put 24th. Gotta give them some time to unlock everything, first, those wacky Japanese.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
I've been hoping for Ryu in Brawl since the third party inclusions were announced. Although this is quite obviously fake, I hope it happens.

Top Bottom