• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Reik

Smash Ace
I've seen that D-smash YYG video before, but this time I noticed something odd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the U-smash YYG's hitbox is dropped at the end of the U-smash animation. If you get hit before the animation completes, the hitbox is NOT dropped.

In the video VilNess gets hit before the Dsmash animations completes, yet the hitbox is dropped somewhere in front of his original position. Hmm...

I just borrowed AR from a friend. I don't know a lot about it, but I can go frame by frame. If someone would kindly tell me how to get hitboxes to display, I'll check this out for you guys. I can probably even make a video.

Captain Aizen

Smash Cadet
Well. here's a question for ya, can you do the same jackets with the dsmash? Or is there more to it.(PK Fire.Flash, OMG Psi Magnet Jacket.) If Ness could do that , He would defintely go up in to the upper tier class.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Reik, I'd try checking the Action Replay thread in Melee discussion. That could have some answers (unless you tried it already).

Psi Magnet jacket... you kidding me, Aizen? If it's true, can you say TOP tier?

Reik

Smash Ace
Simna ibn Sind said:
i cant think of any logical reason why those attacks would activate any yyg....but if they did...^_^
*agrees with Simna*

Wow. I got the hitboxes to show, and being able to actually see the YYG is pretty cool. The star jacket is especially funny-looking because it completely covers Ness's head and a huge space around it. I may have to make a video showing this stuff.

Time to figure out the D-smash YYG. I'll post if I find out anything.

Captain Aizen

Smash Cadet
Try some way to do the PSI Magnet Jacket, If Ness had that bye bye SHL, And energy attacks. Also, maybe you can only do certain jacket when your on teams.

@Maybe thers' a way to link another team member's move on your jacket, A ganon jacket?(Just having some brain blasts here.)

@Say two ness's had a box in the sam exact spot, could you do a double effect jacket like a spike, thunder jacket?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i think it would be interesting if there was a way to teleport ness to the hitbox intead of viceversa or a way to equip a jacket then drop the hitbox back onto the ground as that attack

nice job acquiring that ar reik.....check all the stuff (oh and for the hopes of every ness player....frame test teching out of pk thunder^_^)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Hey guys!
I´ve been out of smash scene, except during weekends I smash with Masa sometimes.
Yea, try to get the d-smash thing figured out, I´ve pulled it off like 3 times overall.
like Reik said, that interrupting it might help.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
...OH...
...HOLY...
...CRAP!!!

I DID freak! I mean, a NEW FORM OF A MINE? DANG!!

Butthead: "This is the coolest thing I have ever seen."

EDIT: How'd you do it?

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I noticed the "trap box" can be clashed against.

For example, I was testing on Mario, left the trap box on the right edge of FD, and when he did his ledge recovery, as he kicked getting back on the stage, it made the "clink" sound - the sound that the game makes when two attacks of similar or equal priorities cancel eachother out. I'm probably stating the obvious, but that means this thing has priority as well...I'm thinking it's not a very big priority rating though for a ledge recovery move to cancel it out, not to mention how it doesn't have much knockback when a character just walks into a stationary trap box. I'm thinking it's probably something very similar to Ness' ftilt.

Also, I'm wondering if a Roy counters the "death line" as a Ness triggers the trap, if that counter also travels along the death line and can hit other people down the stage? Or maybe he sends it out an an angle as with projectiles? Who knows...I haven't had anyone else to try this out yet, and I'm thinking it'd be pretty hard to do with only one person...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
nice reik...i knew that AR would come in handy^_^

chris...i thought that stuff about hitting the deadline right when its being activated, but that would require a fast attack with some timing...counter is just too slow

oh and the trapbox of yyg has pretty good priority since the actual attack is disjointed, the ledge recovery attack has invincibility frames which prevents any attack from outprioritizing it

Reik

Smash Ace
Okay, I think it's about time to tell everybody about what I did in the video.

You know how if you use U-smash or D-smash when you have a Jacket equipped, the Yo-Yo will take on the hitbox of the jacket for the first part of the animation? (By the way it turns out that the hitbox appears centered around the Yo-Yo on the FIRST FRAME. Neat huh?) Well if you can somehow cancel the U-smash or D-smash animation while the jacket hitbox is still attached to the Yo-Yo, it will drop on the ground. This new dropped hitbox can still be used like the very first YYG hitbox in that you can use it for a Deathline or a new Jacket.

So here's the easiest way to do this -
Step 1: Equip a jacket.
Step 2: Have a Falco shoot a laser at Ness.
Step 3: Right before the laser hits use the U-smash.

I'll edit this post with a video showing hitboxes later.

EDIT: It is now later.
YYG_Hitboxes.wmv (YouSendIt)
YYG_Hitboxes.wmv (Rapidshare)

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I did it, and I'm glad I know how to do it. I can't wait to see the video. :)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
the deadline(deathline) is the line created between ness and the yyg trapbox when ness does an attack

oh and on another note....i AR'd the dsmash yyg

there are very few frames on which you can activate it....and from i can tell...u have to get hit by something for it to work

GrimNZ

Smash Rookie
hmm, this isnt anyway near as cool as what everyone else is talking about, but I saw someone post about this the other day so I thought Id experiment a bit.. this prolly seems a bit obvious but hey..
Firstly, countering the deathline: tried it with roy, he can counter it (like a normal hit, no surprises here) and it works just like if he countered any hit.. ness doesnt get hit if roy isnt close to him, and the deathline continues through any other players in its path even after it's countered. Also messed around with it in team matches (wanted to see if I could create any multi-char jackets..) and it seems your teammate cant effect the trapbox in any way, unless team attack is on when of course they can be hit by it. So nothing new, interesting, or unexpected, but hopefully that may have been useful information to someone.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Well, that's a wrap, but like my friend Li would say, you have to find a glitch to find another glitch. Maybe the YYG opens to another glitch, somehow, I just know there's more. to this than it seems. Come on guys, think, if we can figure this YYG out Ness will go top tier.

Reik

Smash Ace
Kyo Kusanagi said:
Well, that's a wrap, but like my friend Li would say, you have to find a glitch to find another glitch. Maybe the YYG opens to another glitch, somehow, I just know there's more. to this than it seems.
Maybe. I never thought I'd find a way to drop the Thunder Jacket hitbox... so who knows?

Kyo Kusanagi said:
Come on guys, think, if we can figure this YYG out Ness will go top tier.
That's a nice thought, but the YYG doesn't really help you that much in a real match. Especially if your opponent actually knows anything about it. It's mostly just for show. (I don't know about its effectiveness in teams, but Ness sucks in teams anyway.)

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Simna ibn Sind said:
yyg isnt gonna do anything by itself...you gotta play ness right then u gotta yyg right....

Ness is top tier for life.
*High-Five's Simna* True dat, man. True dat. It's even hard to pull off on some computers at times.

Oh, and heck YEAH Ness is top tier- for LIFE! :chuckle:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
WoW

I just read this whole thing and watched both of Simna vids and Nessgeguard. I didn't go to sleep so im gonna be screwed for skool tomorrow.

You guys went though all that trouble. Following the lead of a trap box that would hit someone for about 4 damage. You were able to go from the Trapbox to the deathline to the thunder jacket, to the spike and star jackets, giving them the illest names too. That is some dedication for a character.

There aredefinitely still things that you are going to find out, and now i actually think that ness will be top tier. (Or maybe high or upper) The combos with the YYG were so sick, and the drawing was cool.

It would be funny if you could equip the thunder jacket and jump on the someone and use bdown, and convince a noob that ness has his own "shine".

I will never use ness as a main. Doc 4 life. (By the way my Doc is incredibly sexy) Though i've played with him and think he is the best casual character to play with, next to M2. I have incredible respect for ness and for those who discovered. You guys will definitly go down and smash history.

I wonder how long it took you guys to get to where you are now.

R us guys smash BRoomers cuz idk how you couldn't with a find this big.

Keep it up.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Come on you guys, Ness has more fear than you give him, see the mindgame, You have the YYG,up and down smashes apparently ,Ness's Aerials, His throws, And his bat, your going to hit them with at least one YYG bacause Ness will eat your shield with the f-air, once it gets low enough Bam, A jacket, and from what you showed me on your videos you can keep the glitches going. Ness will soon be top tier if we can find out how to get the PK,FireFlash,And PSI Magnet jackets in.

@Can you guys show me or PM me how to use AR. I can't find anywhere how to use the different modes.I want to help too.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
does anyone want to make a more in depth guide for yyg. *coughcoughsimna,villness, or dan smithcough* And probably featuring what combos lead into and out of the yyg.

And is there n o new info on the yyg??

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
Yes I will not be updating that **** guide thingy. Curse my laziness. Too bad I can't hand over power.

PiMacleod

Smash Cadet
Okay, I've been gone for over two years (and I barely even ever posted back then), but I've been a Ness player since day 1.

And I've gotta say, I've never seen ANYTHING like this. I downloaded a vid of it, watched it tons of times, and read the first 5 pages here.....and now I can finally do it. And understand it, too (which is most important!).

I suddenly feel more daring with that little boy. Not like it's gonna come into play all the time, but hey, gotta try, right? Just gotta make sure they don't trip up the box before I try to use it.

Great info, guys. I know that don't mean much coming from a nobody, but seriously, that's some great dedication. :)

Reik

Smash Ace
Hey Simna... I have a question about the D-smash YYG.

You said that you have to be hit during certain frames of the animation to activate it. Do you actually have to hit your opponent at all, or will it still drop a hitbox as long as you're interrupted at the right time?

Reik

Smash Ace
I see. Do you still have that AR? If it works the way I hope it works then you could use Falco's lasers to drop a YYG hitbox.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I found something out about the Jackets. I don't know if this is new or not but I discovered that the Jacket you currently have equipped never leaves Ness unless you die or attack. You can "recharge" the Jacket by touching other things. In order to use the Jacket on something you used the Jacket on already, you must touch other stuff 12 times. This is easiest on Mushroom Kingdom and Green Greens. I think you may be able to do it with Sheiks needles, Links arrows, or other stuff that can get hit by the Jacket by touching them. Once you touch 12 other things, the thing you want to use the jacket on will now be susceptable to it once again. I know this isn't going to be very useful, but it is still a good thing to know to further understanding the YYG.

GrimNZ

Smash Rookie
its not entirely true that it wont leave, from playing around in mushroom kingdom (adventure mode) ive found that the jackets do have a tendency to disappear after a while.. I havent tried counting how long it takes or what caused it, ive just found that after messing around with it for a while it sometimes stops working.

Top Bottom