• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yes, there can not be two jackets at same time (at least not yet :D )
400th YYG topic post!

Klingon

Banned via Administration
for those having trouble equipping the star jacket. I find that if I tap x or y for my first jump but then as soon as I leave the ground slam the control stick up+a then down I can djc the uair much faster than tapping x or y twice. should appear as though ness is doing the uair on his tippy toes. although I don't really have a good use for the star jacket . I just like wavedashing into my opponent with it cause it looks really badass.

Canning

Smash Brother
NNID
eightDash
3DS FC
3883-5742-1887
i do i do the thunder jacket or lighting jackit what ever it is called no 1 has answered
me

Canning

Smash Brother
NNID
eightDash
3DS FC
3883-5742-1887
i meant to say how do i i do the thunder jacket or lighting jacket what ever it is called no 1 has answered
me

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Page 26 has all the information you need to know about the glitch and jackets. Start reading from post #380. You can read the previous ones to if you like. But #380 and #383 have the information you want (mostly 383)

Edit: Ok so it may not be page 26 for you, but its still post number 380 and 383

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
so let me get this strait... all i have to do for a thunder jacket is thunder at the ground or to the ledge once the trap box is set?

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yes. You set the trapbox, and sweetspot the ledge. You should bounce off a little then immediately grab back on (automatically, not by moving your character). If you hit the edge and go upwards you did not do it right. It seems to help me if I aim a little below the edge.

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
So no, no one really pays attention to my posts. I guess i would just like to pint out that I've already said what Klingonn has said at least twice now about star jacket. But he's right, so if you have a problem read his post, it was like 403 or something. Vilnness kinda answered the question of how usefull it is, but it didn't sound THAT important to his game. Also with what BonesO said about the tournement setting. I was under the impression that some could not stand on the trap box, it would hit them with a simple up smash and disapear. And if you use floor blast to set the thunder jacket and your opponent is between you and the box will it hit them and set or just hit them?

VilNess

Smash Champion
In all honesty, Ness doesn´t need to YYG in order to win. and since YYG is such a new technique, we are all still learning about it. patience please :)
However, I´ve been using star jacket more than any jacket now. because it
1) is fast
2) it always sends your enemy up.
In my new combo vid (preview to PSI rockin off course!) you can see me using star jacket.
The vid doesn´t have music in it but otherwise it is ready.

the YYG is like a spice. don´t rely on it on your Ness game, just spice it up a bit. that way you´ll stay unpredictable.

edit: for your question. I think enemy does get hit even if you equip the thunderjacket. however you can still hit possible other enemies. see simnas vol.2 vid the samus part.
and you can test things on your own too.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Simna ibn Sind said:
yes i agree....get to know ness THEN get to know yyg
Yep, 100% true.
Most people that go complaining about YYG probably can´t even DjC fair to sprintgrabs. Not to mention even DjC´s with L-canceling.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah. A few times when I was practicing the YYG against computers I would get side-tracked and start playing like I normally do. I was trying to YYG on an edgeguard but instead I found a combo which I now use a lot. You just grab the enemy, use your D-Throw then as they go forward slightly, jump off the edge and spike them. Great for killing opponents at low percentages.

Klingon

Banned via Administration
hah sorry t bird I don't post much in this thread I haven't read all of it. but yea its a good technique faster than shffl'ing I find

I personally prefer djc bairs to dash jc grabs(I assume thats what you mean by sprintgrabs) at low percents or nosweetspot just cause he has to turn his body around so it looks more spectacular or something.

question: vilness or simna. do you ever fair to wavedash grabs? I've tried it out a few times but
can't really get consistent at knowing the percentage to do it.

and vilness if you send me your combo vid ill put some music to it. or just huddle myself in a dark cellar and watch it repeatedly.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Klingon: haha thanks for the kind offer but i worked with that vid 6 hours yesterday and Finished it! expect it to be uploaded today (the file is still only on other computer)

WD to grabs. this is a good question. the problem with WD is that it lags a bit (jump lag and airdodge landing lag) I think it can be about 17 frames plus 8 frames grab... so it is kinda much,
I do sprintgrabs or dashdance grabs WAY more than WD grabs because they work for me better than WD grabs.
WD grabs do have the advantage of going far pretty quickly. I suggest learn both.

oh yeah, DjC bairs t osrpintgrabs rule, but I haven´t done them much. against ganons I have landed a few. But you´ll see me torturing ganons in many more ways in the vid :)

edit: fair to WD grabs? oh that was your question! well that isn´t really a combo because in order to WD grab someone out of fair you have to read your enemy and know when (s)he likes to shield. but I assume it could work, I just don´t do it.
However I do DjC fairs to sprintgrabs all the time :)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
yeah use the DjC fair to sprint grabs....be aware that if you are autocancelling these then fast fallers can escape them

and vilness is right when he talks about DjCfflc'd bairs to grabs....i do this often to falcons....catch them with a djcfflc'd bair while they are in their shield followed by a quick, single dash-dance-grab....its wonderful

Nemba

Smash Cadet
I am near completion

Thanx to this faq, I would like to thank all those who explained in detail, and for this thread. I have finally gotten the YYG glitch down and couldn't have done it without my fellow Ness'. So thanx again, especially to dan smith who started this in the first place.

skatiN64

Smash Cadet
one thing that still puzzles me is after ness hits someone with an yyg'd ada, ada will not work again...for a while.
obviously you can do something else and it will work, but if you continue to ada, it will eventually work again, for no apparent reason.
and
I guess no one ever figured out the yyg'd pkflash? maybe if there is a way to get it to go off closer the ground...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
yeah after a yyg attack the very next move u do will not hit (except fair) and if u do a single-hitbox attack then that attack will keep not hitting until u use another attack

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
The way I think of it is that when you equip any jacket, the hitbox that that jacket consists of will be used in your next A (or PK thunder 2) attack. So if it hits, and you do another attack, the same hitbox can't hit twice in a row, so it goes straight through.

Since the forward aerial has several hitboxes, it's less noticable that the first can't hit, since the rest of the hits are independant of the first.

if u do a single-hitbox attack then that attack will keep not hitting until u use another attack
That's a little misleading. The only single hitbox attacks you could do that would keep not hitting are the up and down aerials, and PK thunder 2, and also only if you time it like you were equipping the respective jackets, which is in fact what you would be doing, except since the hitbox has been used already, it's not very useful.

Any other A attack would only not hit once, and after that it would hit as usual (except the aforementioned f-air).

VilNess

Smash Champion
Dan Smith, you´d better PM me back if you haven´t seen the clip I send you via yousendit.
yer a Bassplayer so yer gonna love it.
btw. my new record is 64th notes in 70 bpm , beat that ;)

smash playing increases your finger speed :/

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
something i have noticed (its proabably in this thread somewhere, i just dont feel like reading all 4549856345 ppages of it) is the jacket doesnt go away once u hit an oppenent with it. u cant hit the opponent with it again, but u can use it to block projectiles. have ness equip the jacket, croach, then have mario shot fireballs at his bum.
BUNS OF STEEL W00t!!!

ten_point_five

Smash Rookie
Varuna said:
Do any of you think that this could be used in team matches.

Also if the only reason that the Glitch can only be done at certain Percentages is that the other two hits dont go through and thus the hit boxes are droped, Perhapes this can be performed on a character fresh off the respawn cloud. It might still count as a hit maybe and all three Hit boxs could be droped that way.

but you all are freakin geniuses for finding this I am in aww and im not even a ness player.
It prolly would work but you'd have to turn off friendly fire (if you play with it on...which is soo fun and makes it more diffacult) even with friendly fire on it would be super funny

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude I posted that like a year ago. and its a standard in team matches that friendly fire is always turned on

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
friendly fire is what makes yyg in teams so great!

you can yyg off your partner and get this...they can LET YOU DO IT

all u need is a partner who you have practice with and are coordinated with

and your partner doesnt need to worry about getting hit cause as soon as u set it u they can shield it

csir

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah is this true Go to training mode with Ness vs. Ganon on FD

set ganon to STAND at 0%

Now put ganon in the middle of the arena(not required but u might as well)

walk up to ganon's face and upsmash him...dont cstick it...use the control stick and charge it just a little

ganon should pop up high and away....after just a TINY bit of charge release the yoyo(the release should NOT hit ganon)

Now...you have set the glitch

I'll start you off with the SPIKE JACKET: After setting the glitch, SHFFLC DAIR

STAR JACKET: After setting the glitch, DjCFFLC UAIR(DjCFFLC is like SHFFLC, but replace the SHORT HOP with a DOUBLE JUMP CANCEL)

THUNDER JACKET: After setting the glitch, jump into the air and hit yourself with PK Thunder(PK THUNDER2) straight into the floor OR run off the stage and PK THUNDER2 right into the ledge.

DEADLINE: After setting the glitch, remember where you set it and then go to your opponent. Get you opponent between you and the place where you set the glitch(That area is the DEADZONE). Any attack uses with create a DEADLINE that cuts straight thru the DEADZONE in 1 frame and hits anything that it touches. So if Ganondorf is in between you and where u set the glitch(DEADZONE) the DEADLINE will hit him.

DEADLINES cannot be created using: PK FIRE, PK FLASH, PK THUNDER, PSI MAGNET( any other attack will work including PK THUNDER2)

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
what the? whats this talk about trap box?

i don't understand it at all! i'm trying this yyg, and still haven't ben close to finish it! every one is talking like you can see those boxes. i need an closer explanation.

Top Bottom