• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
You can't see the hitbox unless you are using an Action Replay. No, you do NOT need the AR in order for the glitch to work. No, you can't tell if you've done the glitch correctly UNTIL you try to hit your opponent while he/she is in the line between ness and the hitbox (DEADLINE.)

This is a silly glitch and is very unlikely to see in tournament play (Unless you stick Simna in a bracket filled with Ganons...)

Ness = Possible Ganon counter?

LMFAO. =P

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Dark_Fire said:
You can't see the hitbox unless you are using an Action Replay. No, you do NOT need the AR in order for the glitch to work. No, you can't tell if you've done the glitch correctly UNTIL you try to hit your opponent while he/she is in the line between ness and the hitbox (DEADLINE.)

This is a silly glitch and has is very unlikely to see in tournament play (Unless you stick Simna in a bracket filled with Ganons...)

Ness = Possible Ganon counter?

LMFAO. =P
Good job, but a few things are wrong:

Yes, you can tell if you have done it correclty; it all has to do with timing and the number of hits or sound effects.

This isn't a silly glitch and it is likely that as time goes by more and more nesses will be using it in and out of tournaments. (Some characters are harder than others, but you can do this on anyone.)

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Simna ibn Sind said:
This isn't a silly glitch and it is likely that as time goes by more and more nesses will be using it in and out of tournaments. (Some characters are harder than others, but you can do this on anyone.)
...I'd rather bair an enemy then try and yyg them at 150%. =/

Destined_One

Smash Rookie
Ok...first off I never played Ness before then my friend directed me to this....now Ness is almost all I play. I have only executed the glitch once and it was total accident, but it was hilarious to watch. :) ill have to try to pull this off more

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
If this is old news, disregard it, but I set the trap box, used dair, THEN ran through the other character, and the attack affected him as soon as we touched. In case this is new news, here's a video. Sorry that the quality sucks, but you can see me do the yoyo, kick, and then just run on through poor, unwitting Mario.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
how do you keep the hitbox attached to ness? like in PK Thunder Vol 2 where peaches dress keeps clanking with ness. i can only get it to clank once then it just starts hitting me.

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Oh, by the way, I tried skimming through to see if you guys already covered this, and I didn't find it, so: any character can be yyg'ed at any damage. It's just a matter of distance and timing.

Reik

Smash Ace
Haloedhero said:
If this is old news, disregard it, but I set the trap box, used dair, THEN ran through the other character, and the attack affected him as soon as we touched. In case this is new news, here's a video. Sorry that the quality sucks, but you can see me do the yoyo, kick, and then just run on through poor, unwitting Mario.
Yup, that'd be the Spike Jacket. Good job finding that on your own. ^^
There's also the Star Jacket (U-air) and Thunder Jacket (PKTM). The info was somewhere in this thread. *cough*wheresthatYYGfaq*cough*

tehSANDMAN said:
how do you keep the hitbox attached to ness? like in PK Thunder Vol 2 where peaches dress keeps clanking with ness. i can only get it to clank once then it just starts hitting me.
I think the Thunder Jacket is the only one that will stop Peach's d-smash.

Whoo! 100th post!

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
For those still trying to get the hang of this: when doing the jackets, if you fail, it's hard to know whether you effed up the yyg or the jacket. So, place a metal box (if you're in training mode) where your trap box should be. If you become metal, you got the yyg right, and the trap box will still be there! Now there's a way to know if you set it or not without using it. (again, I apologize if this is old news, but I'm using my time to play with the glitch instead of read through every post about it)

HK-47

Smash Journeyman
hey im a old school ness player from the N64 days i have read the first few pagers and im still trying to figure this thing out. does any one have he time skill and knowledge to make an Faq that you dont have to read 31 pagesto find the answer to your problem?? im trying to figure out how to do it other than the first way mentoned in the thread on the first post any help here? and im getting better with Ness in melee
he is a huge transition from Fox but still has the spunk he has in the N64 version way to go Ness!!!

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
Me too. I'm still trying to find the Jacket portion. I think that would be more useful then the actually YYG. If you know the page number for the jackets can you please tell me? Lol.. thanks.

edit: aha. well csir posted what Simna originally posted over again on the page before this one. :laugh: tells u about jackets.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Simna ibn Sind said:
rofl tournament nesses

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
yesterday i found out something useful. When you play green greens (with the blocks), you can yyg off the blocks. And, even if you hit more then 1 block with your yoyo, it will still work. It even works with bomb blocks because your yoyo can outrange the explosion. So the next time you have to play this stage in a tourny or whatever, this gives ness a huge advantage :).

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
Well I did all the glitching's today. I got the thunder jacket multiple times, and had my brother attack me. He only got blocked once though and then I was vulnerable. How do you get like in Simna's vids where he just sits there and nothing can harm him?? (Like the Peaches and the Samus')

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
Yea I noticed that. However, I had my brother hit me, and it blocked it. (Made that clanking noise that happens when the attacks get cancelled out) After that, he could attack me like normal.

edit: Does it only work with projectiles? Like arrows, and disconnected hit boxes? (Roy's sword). I didn't think that Peach's move was a disconnected hit box...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
As long as they dont get shocked it stays however...

These attacks will hit u through the Thunder Jacket and disable it: Super Missile, Full Charged Blast, Stitchface, fully charged flare blade

These attacks will disable the thunder jacket but not hit you: most single hit fully charged smashes

The following attacks will hit through the thunder jacket but will not disable it: Blaster, Link/YLink Bombs, PK Fire(partially), PK Flash

The following actions will make the thunder jacket only effective against projectiles: shocking your opponent, running into your opponent's shield

The following actions will deactivate/replace a jacket: pressing the A button, using the Cstick, pressing the Z button, PK Thunder2

FlareBlade

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can´t someone make a Vid of the Glitch?
A Perfect Vid there u easy can see how to do it?

Someone might already post a Vid in this thread but i didn´t red the hole thread but does someone already maked a Vid?

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
By PKTHunder2, do you mean hitting yourself only? Other than that, I take it you can do specials while thunder jacketed and enjoy the benefits of scaring opponents with your massive clingyness.

RaekNeSS

Smash Cadet
Wow thanks for clearing that up Simna. I was doing a smash attack and I suppose that was why.

And DeeDoubleU, that would be hard to do since many times, your opponent probably wont realize that you have a thunder jacket... if you can even get it off.

Only times I've been able to do the glitch during a match (I've never done the jacket though):

When there are 3 or 4 players
When it's 1v1 (normally after a 3 or 4 player match) and he isn't too great
1v1 when opponent has high percentage

While it's possible to do when your opponent has no damage, its extremely tricky and if you do pull it off, you opponent will have an easy recovery and actually getting on the other side of your opponent to complete the deadline is hard without getting hit.

HK-47

Smash Journeyman
ok this thread is over 450 posts long and there is no clear guide to doing anything but the original glitch none of the ther stuff is ther. im up to post 100 and things are confusing while trying to find the next post that answers the question among all the posts so could so could dan smith update his first post or some one make an actual Guide?

thank you for reading this frusterated rant.

HK-47

Smash Journeyman
thank you very much now i dont have to work my way though the thear to find answers.

Inari

Smash Rookie
Im new to the forums but Im a big ness user and am having touble with this glitch... would also love to learn it. Could anyone help me with a link to a video on this, Im not very book smart but I'm a fast learner with examples. :/

Captain Aizen

Smash Cadet
Hey you guys I saw this Ness video of a glitch with the d-smash. Do you guys know how it works? It might be the other side of this glitch like a pk fire trap box or PK Flash.

Captain Aizen

Smash Cadet
I can send it to you guys On Aim if you want me to. Like you guys said , we need to uncover this glitch. Shoot I don't remember where I downloaded this from but hey who cares?lol
Its a 2.74 mb video clip, the quality is just good enough for us to see it.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Just downloaded it.

Man, Aizen, this is a good call! Think of what can be done with this... (fantasizes a PK Flash jacket, then a PK Fire one)

Top Bottom