• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The YK & Eggz project - Germany and the USA unite!

Eggz

Smash Hero
YK and I will be working on a large project to educate Marios worldwide.

We are making a video guide, which will be accompanied by a text guide covering all advanced things a Mario needs to know.

Things we will cover:
Mario exclusive techniques (Autocanceling most aerials, up-b walljump, chainthrow, uair chaining)
Basic approaches (how to pressure shields, get around gay lasers, how to **** up big hitboxes)
Combo setups (The most staple of combo setups for various weight classes)
Recovery (How to recover smart, protecting yourself with fireballs, and when to tornado if at all)

Things we will not cover:
L Cancelling
Wavedash
Short Hop
Fast Fall

These things are all BASIC techniques. There are plenty of guides on these, and these will have nothing to do with our guide.

We are going to start working on it tomorrow.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
dash dancing, wding, to fake out the opponent would b a good idea.....maybe some ledge wavelanding....show someting flashy there

maybe have some basic ideas how to vs some of the tougher opponents, marth, peach, sheik, falco.....

comboing and chain grabbing is good....and show what to do out of chaingrabbling

u can do the rishing b-air waveland to another rising b-air

edgeguarding certain oppoents......

ill think of more if i can......

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
Heys its me YK ;) I worked hard over night and already made a List of what going to be in just Eggz need to look over it and add somethings.Also there going to be a special part for you guys to laugh a bit but what it's going to be im not going to tell ;)

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
I love Eggz! I also love bacon but I paticularly love Eggz! Bro pleez pleez pleez follow this through, i have heard soo many potentially incredible video guides for characters that have got me real excited but were then squashed due to lack of intrest in the game/lack of tym/lack of blah blah blah! PLEEZ!! My heart cant take being broken anymore... *Sniff* Excuse me i think i need a moment.....

:yoshi: :mario:

Eli-Chan

Smash Rookie
Ur great YK and Eggz, u will make easier to ppl get better with mario.

Well i think its good if u add wich attacks works on each Char and wich doesnt, u really shoul do that guys... it will make mario players better.

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much guys! You all motivate me to keep going :) I already did 2 clips im just waiting for Eggz to get the stuff recorded dont worry guys We will finish this guide and you all will be amazed =D

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Glad to see someone is working on something to help out the lower level of Mario players I would be happy to help any way I can but chances are things I know are pretty much useless ...or somewhere near useless...keep up the good work man

-PM-

Smash Ace
i really cant wait for this its got me all hyped lol it should make it a lot easier for Mario plays to get better =]

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Are u guys just making the guide and 'it will be done when its done'? or have u got a rough deadline for when u think it will be finished?

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
Eggz will record the clips at Friday editing I hope takes the weekend ( I never edited before in my life but its fun :D ) We hope we get it finished in 1 to 1 and a half month

mario-man

Smash Lord
As long as Eggz is still workin' on his combo vid.
I'm sure it's all been previously thought out. I can't wait to see this. I'm completely on edge!!
W00t!

Combo vids and Mario guides FTW

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Eggz will record the clips at Friday editing I hope takes the weekend ( I never edited before in my life but its fun :D ) We hope we get it finished in 1 to 1 and a half month
Oh... well... well... I BET U MAGGOTS CANT EVEN GET THIS DONE SOONER THAN THAT!!!! I DARE U TO FINISH IT BY THE END OF THE MONTH!! I DOUBLE DARE YOU!!!! GO ON, I DARE YA!!!! UR NOT MAN ENUFF TO FINISH IT BY THE END OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!! U CANT DO IT!! STOP TRYING!! STOP TRYING!!!

(*whispers* Man i hope reverse pschology works on them! I cant wait a whole month and a half! lol! )

As long as Eggz is still workin' on his combo vid.

Combo vids and Mario guides FTW
Fa real eggz dude, i too hope u r working on ur combo vid aswell! But if i remeber rightly didnt Gimpy say he was making a whole crew video! Thats even better man! YAY!!!

jugfingers

Smash Champion
is this guide going to include how to select and pick Amanita Muscaria mushrooms? I've been searching the mario boards trying to find information on this but my search so far has been sparse. astonishing since historical data shows that the fungus is a fundamental ingredient in defeating enemies espicially of the reptillian species.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I wonder if it'll have music./ Oops that maybe a dumb question ask lol. I wish them luck with that lol
Lol

Is the sun hot?? Do skunks stink really bad when they attack?? Am I the greatest Mario player ever?? (lol)

Yer dogone right it is, they do, and I am (NOT!!!).

If those things are true, then this will have music. Seriously dude, Eggz is involved with it....... XD

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Lol YK gave me the chance to work with him as a partner but I declined and now i regret it TOTALLY!!! ...

but at least it was because of my Stupitidy....and not because i have no luck LOL

I wish you guys good luck^^

EDIT:

Ok...so im working too for the Tutorial

But im not writing or somethin all im doin is the Edits and Flashy stuff...
YK and Eggz will be working on the Text of the Guides and lessons i geuss...

...i geuss im too late to get any ''Thanks you guys are the best. Education ftw'' or somethin like that

xD oh well...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I wish you guys good luck^^

EDIT:

Ok...so im working too for the Tutorial

But im not writing or somethin all im doin is the Edits and Flashy stuff...
YK and Eggz will be working on the Text of the Guides and lessons i geuss...
it's a good thing you aren't working on the text I don't want typos all over my learning

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
it's a good thing you aren't working on the text I don't want typos all over my learning
yeah its funny you know actually when i went over the text guide i had to correct several mistakes :mad:

did i say several? i meant LOTS of mistakes!!! :mad::mad::mad:
thx for ruining my day with your irrelevant post MONK(i think)

-_-

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
OMG super mari0 delete ure post ...

Monk its nice to see that we actually try to help you guys and do something for the community and you still flame us go get ure cookie and flame ure momy im sure she wont move from her couch

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
first off... If I was flaming, my message would not have looked like this...

it would have probably looked more like this...

IT'S A GOOD THING YOU AREN'T WORKING ALL THE TEXT CAUSE I HATE YOO SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
and second I appreciate everything you guys are doing lets see I do believe I posted this earlier...

Glad to see someone is working on something to help out the lower level of Mario players I would be happy to help any way I can but chances are things I know are pretty much useless ...or somewhere near useless...keep up the good work man
now then I don't want this thread to be flamed to hell and back so I suggest we stop here. You can hate me all you want I'm fine with that but lets keep it out of the thread

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
lower levels? ok then tell me please what how to auto cancel Uair and Dair tell me how to **** up big hitboxes, tell me how to get around falcos laser ..

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
did I say I was top quality? I don't ever recall calling myself good in this thread...I do believe I actually called myself somewhere near useless. Stop trying to make me the bad guy I apologize for making a joke I'd like to stop this from going any further if you want to yell at me some more PM me

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
good luck with the project XD
and stop fighting *gg*

eventhough i dont play mario.. but still.. i´ve never heard of auto-canceling, so it´ll be intresting to watch ^^

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
OMG super mari0 delete ure post ...

Monk its nice to see that we actually try to help you guys and do something for the community and you still flame us go get ure cookie and flame ure momy im sure she wont move from her couch
hey! thankies for supporting me! but weve settled it up with pms xD

but really! thanks for supprting! but why should i delete my post?

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
i dont think it would be a good idea to show how far we are... it will ruin the suprise man!
just...do somethin else while we work on it xD

but i swear were all doin our best all i need now is some Vids of Eggz ... then i could start workin on the vid bigtime then YK an Eggz will be checkin the vid and correctin some stuff n check it all through till its perfect an then we'll see how it'll work

i don know if stuff are gonna roll like this but i hope so coz its much more easy that way...
and anyway i actually don need permission coz im workin for the vid so...yeah well see what we can do

i hope i didnt say too much D= maybe i won be workin with them anymore coz i couldnt shut my big mouth... argh ill just see if theres too much said *checks what was written* nah its fine...i HOPE
-------
thx yomedrath^^ ........ LOL
-------
k i hope weve really settled it all now no one should think were fightin it was somethin like this :

i didnt take Monks post as a joke and took it alittle too hard --> YK thought it was alittle too hard too and said Monk was flamin --> before that happened ive settled it all with PMing Monk and him PMing me

so its all allright and without misunderstandin we would never fight i geuss!!
but it actually is just all my fault coz i gennerally take stuff like dat really hard xD
thats about it

BFFs (whoever watched the episode of South Park where Kenny had the golden PSP understands this or..... whoever knows what a BFF is would understand xD)

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Who posted on my account up there? I was wondering why I was subscribed to this thread, its a semi-repeat of some other guy, so i assume otto/shane lol

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
okay guys things are like this : Eggz cant record atm because he needs to prepare for fc and 0c3 . SuperMari0 isnt in the project its still me and eggz IF you guys can record with good quality and want to help us pm me or add me on msn : bullseye.cs@gmx.de

Top Bottom