• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WORST legendary

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Well, we have the thread for the best legendary, so, how about a Thread for the WORST legendary!

So, Whats the worst legendary to you?

For me, Cresslesia takes the cake.

Tr0n

Smash Cadet
Heatran - when they start making legendaries like that that they're starting to run out of ideas.
It could be said for quite a few of the new legendaries really, but this one is just horrible.
Back in generation I we'd have legendaries who actually looked like pokemon of power and grace.
Now we're into generation IV and they all start to resemble robots make from bits of lego glued together, maybe here I wouldn't include the ones such as the mirage pokemon but this seems like the general trend, what happened to the true essence of the legendary? :(

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Cresselia, hands down.

Shaymin at least has cuteness. Phione and Rotom don't really count. Heatran is a little odd, but he's a decent fighter and looks sort of cool.

Cresselia is useless, a freak, and...no. Just no. It needs to die.

Mewter

Smash Master
Yes, it needs to disappear.... and so do at least 6 other legendaries of the fourth generation.
Shaymin-Not needed
Cresselia-Who cares?
Heatran-When have I ever used it? I forgot it even existed.
Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf-I've NEVER found them useful.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Cresselia, hands down.

Shaymin at least has cuteness. Phione and Rotom don't really count. Heatran is a little odd, but he's a decent fighter and looks sort of cool.

Cresselia is useless, a freak, and...no. Just no. It needs to die.
Shaymin does not exist in my book. Any events that ever take place to give it away are complete fallacies and illusionary Pokemon fanatic overloads. No Shaymin. Ever.

Yes, it needs to disappear.... and so do at least 6 other legendaries of the fourth generation.
Shaymin-Not needed
Cresselia-Who cares?
Heatran-When have I ever used it? I forgot it even existed.
Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf-I've NEVER found them useful.
I like Uxie. I wish that the other two did not exist and Uxie could be the new "Mew". I've stated this before, but Manaphy is completely and utterly worthless. I hate it so much. It does not deserve to have the spot of the new cute/event Pokemon, along with Mew and Celebi (Jirachi is with Manaphy). Uxie should have been Psychic/Water and be the ONLY lake Pokemon (unobtainable of course without an event).

Anyways, I cannot decide between Cresselia and Shaymin for the title of worst legendary Pokemon ever. Cresselia is by far the ugliest, while Shaymin is just... not legendary. It does not feel legendary in the least bit. I'd make it a shrub in my yard.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
I like quite a few of the legendaries from this game. They're DEFINITELY not up to the high-quality caliber of the 3 legendary birds/dogs, or any of the other pre-4th Generation games, but they're still pretty cool.

My vote, for worst, goes to Shaymin, hands down. I can have SOME uses for the others, maybe even Cresselia, but Shaymin is just a ****ing chia pet.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
#1 I would love to point out, how every Pokemon in this thread is from the newest gen, heavily proving that the first gens (especially gen 1) are the best.

But, the worst would have to be Shaymin by far. I would say Cresselia but, it's not like it's in a league with anything, while Shaymin is in the same league as MEW, CELEBI, and JIRACHI!!!!! He's supposed to be continuing the legacy of those legends. Those three are just made of pure awesome, and they're cute and powerful at the same time. Shaymin like wtf is that.....I don't even want to call it cute. Sigh. Shaymin is the shortest Poke at half a feet high, can't even fly, has a plant growing from under its skin....and whut is that....a legendary? Cresselia is just as bad, but Shaymin is supposed to succeed Mew and friends, but instead disgraces. It's not like Cresselia is making anyone look bad except itself.

This pretty much supports that current gens sucks. I hope the new movie goes to show some surprises.

As of now Shaymin is worst. [/thread]

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Shaymin is reminiscent of Amaterasu from Okami. Purifies the land and breathes life into it. So I'll give it a pass. I'll hand the worst legendary title to Mewtwo. A ridiculous clone of Mew. -_-

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
Shaymin is reminiscent of Amaterasu from Okami. Purifies the land and breathes life into it. So I'll give it a pass. I'll hand the worst legendary title to Mewtwo. A ridiculous clone of Mew. -_-
:confused:

Really? He's one of my FAVORITE legendary pokemon!

:psycho:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Shaymin does not exist in my book. Any events that ever take place to give it away are complete fallacies and illusionary Pokemon fanatic overloads. No Shaymin. Ever.

Anyways, I cannot decide between Cresselia and Shaymin for the title of worst legendary Pokemon ever. Cresselia is by far the ugliest, while Shaymin is just... not legendary. It does not feel legendary in the least bit. I'd make it a shrub in my yard.
My vote, for worst, goes to Shaymin, hands down. I can have SOME uses for the others, maybe even Cresselia, but Shaymin is just a ****ing chia pet.
Mespirit, Uxie and Cresselia followed by Shaymin.
#1 I would love to point out, how every Pokemon in this thread is from the newest gen, heavily proving that the first gens (especially gen 1) are the best.

But, the worst would have to be Shaymin by far. I would say Cresselia but, it's not like it's in a league with anything, while Shaymin is in the same league as MEW, CELEBI, and JIRACHI!!!!! He's supposed to be continuing the legacy of those legends. Those three are just made of pure awesome, and they're cute and powerful at the same time. Shaymin like wtf is that.....I don't even want to call it cute. Sigh. Shaymin is the shortest Poke at half a feet high, can't even fly, has a plant growing from under its skin....and whut is that....a legendary? Cresselia is just as bad, but Shaymin is supposed to succeed Mew and friends, but instead disgraces. It's not like Cresselia is making anyone look bad except itself.

This pretty much supports that current gens sucks. I hope the new movie goes to show some surprises.

As of now Shaymin is worst. [/thread]
Uh...Manaphy is supposed to be on those lines, actually. And Jirachi fails along with Manaphy, in my opinion.

And Cresselia actually disgraces more than just itself; what about Spear Pillar in Brawl? Disgraced that whole entire stage.

Jeez, why is everyone so down on Shaymin? Poor little guy...
I don't know; he's the first, and as of yet, the only Grass Legendary. Also, he's a hedgehog. 'Nuff said. He at least gets a pass for those two reasons. True, he's not exactly legendary material...in all honesty, he'd probably've been better off as a normal Pokemon. But actually, come to think of it, who's to say that he is Legendary? Who's to say that he's not just an Event Pokemon, without the Legendary part? I'm inclined to say that. After all, there are three Event Pokemon this generation.
Still, he should've been just a regular Pokemon.

I should make a picture like that "Do you love me now??" picture of ROB, only with Shaymin to make you all feel bad...

I like Uxie. I wish that the other two did not exist and Uxie could be the new "Mew". I've stated this before, but Manaphy is completely and utterly worthless. I hate it so much. It does not deserve to have the spot of the new cute/event Pokemon, along with Mew and Celebi (Jirachi is with Manaphy). Uxie should have been Psychic/Water and be the ONLY lake Pokemon (unobtainable of course without an event).
I second this. Manaphy not only fails, but he's also not even a true event Pokemon; he's obtainable from a Pokemon spinoff. Pokemon spinoffs also fail. In other words, he fails in every single way. Heck, he's not even cool or cute. At least Shaymin has that much.

My jaw literally dropped when I read this.

Mewtwo wins. End of story.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
<_< Wow... people say Cresselia, yet, it's one of the #1 walls in the whole dang game.

Heatran- Wow... a dual weakness, I'm sure Heatran just LOVES switching in on its many resistances and immunities.

Shaymin- Can't a Specs Seed Flare 2KO Blissey AND put the beatdown on anything else.

Azelf- Who the HECK said this ?

Mesprit- Read Azelf. A bulky pokemon that gets Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Both Screens, U-Turn and Trick Room.

Uxie- Read Azelf. It gets more supportive moves than the other two including Stealth Rock and Yawn. Also another good Calm Mind canidate.

Suicune- Oh come on... Calm Mind, 101 subs AND Reflect ?!

Raikou- Same as Suicune, but, with more variety and power.

Geeze, it's kinda noobish to point out the legendaries who ARE the most useful as the worst.

Another thing, there is no "worst" legendary. I've been pwning with Phione in standard OU play, it's just how you use those legendaries.

Spire

III
BRoomer
"I have you now."

- Darth Vader

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
<_< Wow... people say Cresselia, yet, it's one of the #1 walls in the whole dang game.

Heatran- Wow... a dual weakness, I'm sure Heatran just LOVES switching in on its many resistances and immunities.

Shaymin- Can't a Specs Seed Flare 2KO Blissey AND put the beatdown on anything else.

Azelf- Who the HECK said this ?

Mesprit- Read Azelf. A bulky pokemon that gets Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Both Screens, U-Turn and Trick Room.

Uxie- Read Azelf. It gets more supportive moves than the other two including Stealth Rock and Yawn. Also another good Calm Mind canidate.

Suicune- Oh come on... Calm Mind, 101 subs AND Reflect ?!

Raikou- Same as Suicune, but, with more variety and power.

Geeze, it's kinda noobish to point out the legendaries who ARE the most useful as the worst.

Another thing, there is no "worst" legendary. I've been pwning with Phione in standard OU play, it's just how you use those legendaries.
I think you're the only one who's taken a competitive perspective on the whole thing. Everyone else is talking about the worst looking one, most useless one, etc. Useless has to do with how good they are, but not everyone is judging based on that criteria; that's pretty much just an argument against Shaymin.

The title was bad wording, but I'm pretty sure that's what the whole thread is supposed to be about.

And I still don't consider Phione, Rotom, or Shayming to be technical "Legendaries". Even if I'm wrong, that's just my opinion.

"I have you now."

- Darth Vader
You win for quoting Star Wars. ;)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Doesn't mean I can't hate it.
Yeah, I second that. It's ugly, it's relatively difficult to catch, and I haven't touched it since I caught it. Plus, it took a third slot on Spear Pillar in Brawl that either didn't need to exist or could've been taken over by someone less KO-inducing or someone who actually belongs on Spear Pillar.

Not to mention, as anyone who's visited Spire, Bowser, Mewter and my Sprite Shop knows, she's impossible to fuse. I attempted it, but...ugh.

She's also very odd; she's made up of crescents. This and Nosepass/Probopass are the type of things that really show a loss of good ideas...

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Actually, on Shoddy, I've been facing people who actually battle... well, good. I can recall a time when Phione wreaked havoc on Magmortified's team.
Battle me NAOW.

Anyway, To me, Suicune wins, Cressilia ties, (SHUT UP!) Azzy wins, Uxy wins, mespy wins,
Mewty wins, Rotom fails, phinone fails, and rakoui wins.
Any pokemon here That was in this thread and not mentioned, failed at failing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd say the worst is Phione, Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit.

Pokefan362

Smash Rookie
I find Cresselia the best non-uber legendary in the game if you know how to use her. As for the worst... I'll say Phione, if it doesn't count, Suicune

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
this wins

seriously though i think celebi is just awful (about 7 or so weaknesses....lol)

i don't like to count heatran as a legendary.
Yeah...

Weak to fire
Weak to bug (double weakness)
Weak to dark
Weak to ice
Weak to poison
Weak to flying
Weak to ghost

Yep, exactly 7; or 8 if you count bug as two. Wow, I didn't realize that until you mentioned it.

And I'm inclined to agree...I think most of the 4th generation "Legendaries" are more "one chance to catch" Pokemon. Rotom, Heatran, Cresselia, and Shaymin come to mind. If it weren't for the Regi trio being legendary, I'd put Regigigas in there as well.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ya I dint like how regigias was just, well....there. Each leader of the trio had some story behind them (lugia and Ho-oh) regigagas was just a pokemon in a cave/opening (like hetran,cresselia,darkai and shaymin) that had nothing to do with anything. I hope the lake trio dont suffer the same fate, but by seeing how similar they are they will probably just get another bigger version of themselves with a diffrent head.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ya I dint like how regigias was just, well....there. Each leader of the trio had some story behind them (lugia and Ho-oh) regigagas was just a pokemon in a cave/opening (like hetran,cresselia,darkai and shaymin) that had nothing to do with anything. I hope the lake trio dont suffer the same fate, but by seeing how similar they are they will probably just get another bigger version of themselves with a diffrent head.
Well, as much as I dislike Darkrai, he does have some story behind him. I mean, he still feels sort of like he's just there, but I remember a house somewhere...I cannot for the life of me remember where. I could've sworn it was in Canalave, but after checking, he's not there.
...oh wait, he WAS in Canalave, he's cured by the thing Cresselia leaves behind. Anyways, the kid is flailing around, having Nightmares, and he's been like that for a while. In his sleep, he's saying something, and he says something like "Dark..." like the name is getting cut off...Darkrai anyone? Kind of an eerie, yet cool, reference, if you ask me.

Anyways, I think Regigigas was very stupid. I don't think another Regi was necessary anyways, and the way they added him was just...for the LITTLE ones, there was the Braille puzzle, and here it's go into the temple and bring the Regis...? It's not even like the hint is difficult to figure out. There were multiple riddles in BRAILLE for the Regis.

And I wouldn't have considered the legendaries for the next gen to have any correlation to the ones in previous ones, save for Regigigas in this case. And if they do something for the Lake Trio, I'll be really upset; they were uncreative as it is, we don't need a sequel to them.

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
All the new legendaries could have been a lot better. As for the worst I would have to say Shaymin. Hes just a hedgehog with a flower.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Regigigas is one of the worst while slow start is activated, but when it wears off he's one of the best.
Again, I'm not talking about stats. I'm talking about seeming Legendary. He's just so..."Just there" that he doesn't seem legendary at all. This is what happens when you cram 12 Legendaries into one game; only a few actually feel legendary.

D13

Smash Ace
Shaymin. Sure Heatran and Cresselia are a little fugly, but they're pretty amazing.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Stats-wise, Phione. Does that thing even count? Entei otherwise.

As far as appearance and "legendaryness" are concerned, Probably Shaymin. It's a fricking Chia Pet. At least it's hinted to be responsible for Floroma Town's flowers...

100th post, w00t.

Top Bottom