• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WORST legendary

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Most of the legendaries of D&P are really... un-legendary. Walk into a cave, catch them. How'd they get there, and why are they there? Make it big, with many legs, really heavy, and pupil-less eyes -- legendaries in D&P (save a few.)

Shaymin, however, ugh... Just looks like any old Pokemon. Not even; like, a bush. A freakin' shrub.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ya I dint like how regigias was just, well....there. Each leader of the trio had some story behind them (lugia and Ho-oh) regigagas was just a pokemon in a cave/opening (like hetran,cresselia,darkai and shaymin) that had nothing to do with anything. I hope the lake trio dont suffer the same fate, but by seeing how similar they are they will probably just get another bigger version of themselves with a diffrent head.
Anyways, I think Regigigas was very stupid. I don't think another Regi was necessary anyways, and the way they added him was just...for the LITTLE ones, there was the Braille puzzle, and here it's go into the temple and bring the Regis...? It's not even like the hint is difficult to figure out. There were multiple riddles in BRAILLE for the Regis.

And I wouldn't have considered the legendaries for the next gen to have any correlation to the ones in previous ones, save for Regigigas in this case. And if they do something for the Lake Trio, I'll be really upset; they were uncreative as it is, we don't need a sequel to them.
I personally love the Regi trio. They are some of my favorite Pokemon. However, Regigigas just looked like a total joke to me. While the others were representative of their types, he looked like a big, plastic robot with bushes growing on him (not to say that Registeel didn't look like a robot either). As a leader of the Regis, I think he is entirely pointless, due to the fact that he lives as far from where the Regis do as possible (they live far west, while he lives far east). He is extremely filler. I find it ironic how they are all based on brail, yet a blind person could not play the game. Stupid idea.

As for the Lake Trio, we won't be getting their "master" due to the fact that Arceus is their master. Don't worry ;)

Also, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza did not have a "master", so I doubt Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina will either (although Arceus has a similar face to the trio).

On a last note, it really seems like the legendary trios are running dry in innovation. We at first had a Ice/Electric/Fire bird trio, then an Ice/Electric/Fire beast trio. We then moved to a Rock/Ice/Steel golem trio, and now we have a Psychic/Psychic/Psychic lake fairy trio. The first three trios were all great, but this latest? Anyways, what types of trios would you guys like to see?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I personally love the Regi trio. They are some of my favorite Pokemon. However, Regigigas just looked like a total joke to me. While the others were representative of their types, he looked like a big, plastic robot with bushes growing on him (not to say that Registeel didn't look like a robot either). As a leader of the Regis, I think he is entirely pointless, due to the fact that he lives as far from where the Regis do as possible
(they live far west, while he lives far east). He is extremely filler. I find it ironic how they are all based on braille, yet a blind person could not play the game. Stupid idea.

I never said I don't like the regis, I just dont like there leader. As for the blind person playing pokemon, I agree. I wonder why gamefreak put that in, maybe to make the game more challenging.

As for the Lake Trio, we won't be getting their "master" due to the fact that Arceus is their master. Don't worry ;)

I never thought of that! Yea, I agree anyway. What if Giratina is the leader? As he does live in the fourth lake of sinnoh (actually he likely isn't as the have little connection).

Also, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza did not have a "master", so I doubt Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina will either (although Arceus has a similar face to the trio).

Although arceus could be considered a master I dont really think he is. Legendary trio's dont really need one as that would be like an endless chain.

Lake trio>D/P/G>Arceus>some other pokemon in 5th gen that ruled over him etc.

On a last note, it really seems like the legendary trios are running dry in innovation. We at first had a Ice/Electric/Fire bird trio, then an Ice/Electric/Fire beast trio. We then moved to a Rock/Ice/Steel golem trio, and now we have a Psychic/Psychic/Psychic lake fairy trio. The first three trios were all great, but this latest? Anyways, what types of trios would you guys like to see?

Ya whats the need of 3 of the same type. Though they each held a certain balance in this world, possibly the reason for them all being psychic, why couldn't they just add some extra type to them (like psychic/fire and each one gets a different added element). As for new trio, how about a griffin trio and to summon them you need both the bird trio and the dog trio (which you could catch in game). Nevermind, I cant think of anything

Message in the post.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I personally love the Regi trio. They are some of my favorite Pokemon. However, Regigigas just looked like a total joke to me. While the others were representative of their types, he looked like a big, plastic robot with bushes growing on him (not to say that Registeel didn't look like a robot either). As a leader of the Regis, I think he is entirely pointless, due to the fact that he lives as far from where the Regis do as possible (they live far west, while he lives far east). He is extremely filler. I find it ironic how they are all based on brail, yet a blind person could not play the game. Stupid idea.

While the addition of Braille when a blind person couldn't play the game is rather stupid, at least it was a complex puzzle. I liked that. I mean, as a fan of both the Zelda and Metroid series, which both have puzzles and that sort of stuff that you need to figure out, that's not entirely surprising, but...I liked how they were difficult to find. Other than the fact that the Regis are pretty abstract in appearance, I actually sort of liked them, if only for the fact that you get a sense of accomplishment when you get to them. It's probably been the most complex puzzle in Pokemon thus far. But yeah, for Regigigas, You'd expect something more than that. It looks like a fourth Regi, not the leader. A rather ugly fourth, at that.

I hope we don't get any more related Legendaries at all, actually. For a second, I thought a relation to some older ones would be cool, but then I realized; with the way new Pokemon are now, it would kill the old Legendaries. They'd make Mewthree or something, they'd make a "Leader of the Birds" and make it just as stupid as Regigigas, they'd make a third bird to go along with Lugia/Ho-Oh and make it really stupid...so yeah, I have a lack of confidence in their Pokemon-creating abilitites.

I was really disappointed in the Lake Trio. I wanted to use Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres; I was excited to try out Entei, Raikou, and Suicune; I put the Regis on my team for a while after I acquired them. Once I got one of the Lake Trio Pokemon, I dumped them in a box. All of them are Psychic with similar appearances. Boring. I mean, honestly; who wants to use them?

For another Trio, I'd almost like to see Dragons; then again, we've had too many Legendary Dragons this generation, so maybe not. I just think a trio of Dragons could end up being cool if they got creative.

So excluding Dragons, whom we need a break from, I'd sort of like to see some ancient animals. I actually think bowser had a good starting point; perhaps three different animals but of the same concept, like a Centaur, a Griffin, and a Sphinx? That's just a rough idea; Centaur might not be a good idea since it's part human, but I think that's actually a good starting point.

Lake trio>D/P/G>Arceus>some other pokemon in 5th gen that ruled over him etc.
See, this is almost why more Pokemon cannot be created; they've created what is basically the GOD of Pokemon ("[Arceus] is described in mythology as the Pokemon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms." and "It is told in mythology that [Arceus] was born before the universe even existed." are its Pokedex entries for Diamond and Pearl) and you can't top that. Arceus cannot be the middle of the chain, it has to stop at him. Now, is this stupid or what? Arceus is an interesting Pokemon with an interesting ability, but the concept of him is just stupid. Not only is there now a god of Pokemon, but you can catch him. Paradox much?

Oh, and I just realized something. So the Hall of Origin (where Arceus is) is right above Spear Pillar. You play the Azure Flute to get a staircase to appear leading up to there. But Arceus is (I woudl assume) already there, so why did people not notice the floating platform in the air...?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ya, I was thinking of dragons to but then I thought of the dragon trio and I decided we needed something new. We have a trio for pokemon that walk (the dogs) that fly (the birds) but not swim (the only downside was that gamefreak ruined this idea with such a high amount of water pokemon (maybe the next gen will have the same amount of new water types as this gen had fire, maybe a little more, that way they wouldn't have such a problem adding them).

As for leader of the birds, isnt that lugia?Anyway, I agree with the continuing on problem you talked about.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Spire III said:
Uhm, I think GSC had a Water/Electric/Fire trio; I believe Suicune is water type. But on topic, yeah, I agree with you.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As for leader of the birds, isnt that lugia?Anyway, I agree with the continuing on problem you talked about.
Well, for the purposes of the Anime, yes. For the games, which, aside from Yellow version, have no relation whatsoever to the Anime, we have nothing that says that Lugia is in any way related to them. I'm inclined to go by the games rather than the rather lackluster Anime.

John 11:35

"Jesus Wept."
Quoted for truth.

When you said that Mewtwo is bottom tier, his creators rolled over in their graves.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Heatran - The way he looks bugs the HELL out of me.

ChiiGamer

Smash Rookie
like celebi or jirachi. worthless...

i haven't played any of the new pokemon games, but i just hate how there are so many "legendaries" there are. i mean 1 or 2 would be just perfect. but, 5-6 per game and it's just too much...

Square-enix

Smash Cadet
1- As for competitive play, the worst Legendary is Moltres:
*Takes 50% with Stealth Rock
*Bad movepool
*No real uses

2- As for design itself worst Legendary is Uxie. It just pisses me off that has such a ****** looking.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I think the addition of Arceus, Cressilia, Shaymin, Regigigas, Heatran, and Darkrai are all unnecessary. I thought Deoxys was pretty pointless too, but it was kind of bad a** to add a legendary for poor Kanto. I felt that Deoxys was almost too similar to Mewtwo though. A DNA pokemon? Mewtwo's a genetic pokemon. Almost the same thing.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
<_< Wow... people say Cresselia, yet, it's one of the #1 walls in the whole dang game.

Heatran- Wow... a dual weakness, I'm sure Heatran just LOVES switching in on its many resistances and immunities.

Shaymin- Can't a Specs Seed Flare 2KO Blissey AND put the beatdown on anything else.

Azelf- Who the HECK said this ?

Mesprit- Read Azelf. A bulky pokemon that gets Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Both Screens, U-Turn and Trick Room.

Uxie- Read Azelf. It gets more supportive moves than the other two including Stealth Rock and Yawn. Also another good Calm Mind canidate.

Suicune- Oh come on... Calm Mind, 101 subs AND Reflect ?!

Raikou- Same as Suicune, but, with more variety and power.

Geeze, it's kinda noobish to point out the legendaries who ARE the most useful as the worst.

Another thing, there is no "worst" legendary. I've been pwning with Phione in standard OU play, it's just how you use those legendaries.
i totally agree with everything you just said with the exception of Phione. Though he does have a few things going for him (Hydration, Rest, Repeat) his lack of a good stat is what gets him where as all the other legends have atleast 2 beast stats. He is mainly used for outlasting walls and getting Stab + Rain Dance Bonus off of water type moves (although i <3 Phione anyway)

anyway if i had to pick the worst legend it would have to be Regigigas due to having to stall for 5 turns for his potential to be brought out

1- As for competitive play, the worst Legendary is Moltres:
*Takes 50% with Stealth Rock
*Bad movepool
*No real uses

2- As for design itself worst Legendary is Uxie. It just pisses me off that has such a ****** looking.
give him a choice specs and he 2HKOs almost everything (including Bliss)

as for Stealth rock dmg give him odd HPs and he dies from three switch ins

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
Shaymin for sure. It isn't anywhere near Mew,Celebi,Jirachi.

or

Moltres. Cool idea for a pokemon- it just looks stupid though.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
o_o

This is just opinionated based on looks and stuff, right?

Because I Love Celebi really hit the nail with his post xD

Regigigas so far.

Top Bottom