• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Workshop Developers Corner is now open!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Hey everybody!

As you may (or may not) know, the Workshop Back Room had been deserted after all of the major development moved over to the brawl mod hub site Smash Mods. With this, the WBR had been dead for about 5 months with no activity. Today, I am re-opening admissions with a different goal, different audience and an overall different name. The Workshop Developers are a new SWF-based group focusing on texture hackers, project managers, PSA coders, and more! I will be leading the Workshop Developers group.

Here's what you get for applying:

• A "Smash Developer" title, signifying you as a respected modder,
  • A :workshop: icon in the bottom of your postbit,
  • Access to the Workshop Developers Corner, a private social board for projects, help, or general socializing.

If you are interested in applying, go to User CP > Group Memberships (or click this), and next to "Smash Developers", click "Join Group". To apply to the Workshop Developers group, please provide at least 2 (two) examples (in the Request Reason) of any type of work you have done, any project (Brawl mod or custom character project thread) you've lead, example of significant work for a custom character project or any code(s) you may have created. Evidence of significant contribution to the Workshop is also accepted! This can be either a link to a Smashboards, BrawlVault, blog post, etc. Simple 5-min edits will not be accepted. If you do not put down examples, I will deny!

If you have any questions, ask 'em here!

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Nope, this has open admissions and doesn't have a due date.

(Not unless December 21st, 2012 counts as a due date...)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
This sounds pretty interesting i might actually apply for this however i have one question:
Even though i haven't made anything i'd deem "significant" would be pretty intelligent count as a reason to join? XD

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It's really on a case-by-case basis, though if you have significant contributions to the Workshop I might allow it. =o

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Uh, I got a PM about this from you, but while I'm a PSA hacker, do I really qualify for this? The most popular things I've made are Onslaught Falcon, Hyper Sonic and Full Throttle. Granted all of them inspired things we have now, but still. o_o

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Crap in a bucket, I accidentally only submitted one example. Any chance of being able to put a few more out there at this point?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
If WBR member is an honorary post, I am willing to join.
But if it isn't, as I said, I can hardly have time to do stuffs...

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I guess a 'smash developer' title would be cool to me xD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Eh, I modified one model into a stage (certainly not a bad one, I made sure the dimensions and such were very good) and I lead the Lloyd project (I guess; my computer science class has been helping me though so I do want to start PSA possibly over winter break), but I find Zeph's texture work a bit more deserving of the title.

Your choice though.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Submitted my application. If BRSTM making counts, I ought to be a no-brainer. Well...I've also made a few texture hacks, if that doesn't count...I've brought BRSTM making out of obscurity and brought the Factory back to life

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'll give it a shot, even though I barely have any textures.

I actually have an idea for one submission :bee:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Got a PM on this. Sounds like fun. Count me in for 1 grape.
Where the hell have YOU been? We still need to have a little talk mister! D<

God I love the purple name, since it matches with me easily. ¦3

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Suena, bien, pero no me queda claro la razon de esto
Bionic said:
As you may (or may not) know, the Workshop Back Room had been deserted after all of the major development moved over to the brawl mod hub site Smash Mods.
He said that the Backroom was dead.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I'm not sure if I qualify. All I can provide is a fairly popular stage I made recently and one of my older textures.

Now that I think about it I should have added my latest video to the request reason ... shows quite a few hacks that I haven't released yet >.>

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wow, such great timing. Now I've got to try not to rush my projects.

If I could just figure out how to move that god**** ultimate chimera...

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Grape... om nom nom

---

After seeing

Smash Researcher
Furthering Smash Knowledge

I wonder if Mewtwo2000, Phantom Wings, Bero, Dantarion, Kryal wouldn't fit there?...
Maybe I'm wrong

pokelover980

Smash Ace
The request box isn't long enough for everything I want to put in, can I create a pastebin with it all and just link to that?

EDIT: gRAPEtasting color if ya ask me :3

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Grape... om nom nom

---

After seeing

Smash Researcher
Furthering Smash Knowledge

I wonder if Mewtwo2000, Phantom Wings, Bero, Dantarion, Kryal wouldn't fit there?...
Maybe I'm wrong
Smash Researchers (which rPSI runs) have a different purpose than the Workshop but still use Brawl hacking tools to find out a lot of data about this game and such :p

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I just tried to apply, but my internet died right when I was sending it, so I apologize if it went through multiple times or something like that.

D

Deleted member

-deleted message-

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom