• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worcester/Boston Nintendo Release Tournament Thread!

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
item werent a big factor at all, most of the kids had never played the game before and couldnt even pick them up anyway, it was acually pretty funny. using the classic controller was annoying too, i was trying to throw the boomerang as linkand was just jumping instead. after my first couple matches i got a better hang of it but it was annoying for a person who never played the game and used a different controller setting. I'm happy were i ended up though.

Mokumo

Smash Ace

saan

Smash Rookie
I went with my friends and we all got eliminated before round 4 XD I had to fight one of them first round (I used pink classic Wario) and beat him, which we were sad about, and two other friends fell first round, so it was me and one other friend...he was playing Link and he lost second round. Me, I lost in the third round to a particularly good Pit XD I'm not happy about it, but I won my one or two matches and didn't get completely *****, so I'm content with the results...

Oh, and for anyone who cares, I was the puffy-haired afro kid with the dude in the leather jacket, the big guy wearing the Luigi bling-bling shirt, and the dark-skinned dude with the black cap and jacket
Oh hey, my friend and I were right in front of you guys.

I wish I had seen someone play as Pokemon Trainer. Well, there was this one person who played him at station 5 (big screen), but I could barely watch. He had obviously never played a game of smash in his life. I felt bad for his opponent. :\

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hey, I remember you XD Yea, I remember seeing a PT on kiosk 1 or 2 in group 2-3 of the first round, I think he won...my friends and I left after round 3, so I dunno if there were any more of them around, though..

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I think I may have seen your match...well, I saw so many Ike matches I can't remember them XD Were you the Ike who got the cracker launcher and started juggling your opponent like it was nothing?If you were, I think you were the only one actually capable of using the **** thing properly there that I saw. Ike is made of so much win...I actually considered using him, but I wanted to try out Wario more

NekoOtoko

Smash Rookie
I was in team tacgnol, and went in with the "OH YEAH" guy.

I didn't get in (no ID,) but my day was still awesome. I hope destructoid uploads the Still Alive video.

nuro

Smash Lord
Awesome tourney I must say. I feel that having items on and smash balls on doesnt necesarrily keep the best player from winning as much as if they were off in a 2/3 format. Having the ******** classic controller pushed on us was ******** but other than that it was pretty cool.
Just wait till a tournament requires the wiimote+nunchuck:laugh:

Top Bottom