• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Worcester/Boston Nintendo Release Tournament Thread!

FuzionZero

Smash Rookie
Anyone else not have anyone going with them that would like to meet up, just so we have some people to hang with. Instead of being a bunch of lonely loners Hah! Quickest way to lemme know is through AIM. I also check my email too and I guess I'll log into MSN for awhile. Im also currently on XBL. GT is FuzionZero. AIM is FuzionZeroXIX and msn and email are the same and are in my profile.

saan

Smash Rookie
Any update on how many people are there? I'm planning to be there for 10AM, is that early enough?

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
hey i heard that the tournament was cancelled say it aint so!! what will be the finals format if only 3 tournaments are held?! will it be a free for all?

NekoOtoko

Smash Rookie
Any idea how many people are in line right now?
I desperately want to compete, but it looks like the snowstorm won't subside until around 11, so I wouldn't get there until noon. Exactly how screwed am I?

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants an update (since I wanted to go back to my apartment for mario kart DS :laugh:)

As of about 10:00 AM, there are maybe 100 people there give or take. So I think anyone who wants to try to come later will have a good chance of competing ;).

NekoOtoko

Smash Rookie
If anyone wants an update (since I wanted to go back to my apartment for mario kart DS :laugh:)

As of about 10:00 AM, there are maybe 100 people there give or take. So I think anyone who wants to try to come later will have a good chance of competing ;).
Thanks for the update, and I look forward to playing you.

I'll be playing with the tag "NEKO" and have a guitar with me all day.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Okay, I am now stationed at the very front of the line and on my vent server, we are seeing stuff be put out for the tournament, but this one guy who is staff is being really pissy about everything.

GSus

Smash Rookie
I'm sittin around # 200, so thats cool. Can't tell how many people are here from this point.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
hay guys im at the ternament and im in line right now. dantarion u r a noob do not challenge my skill

You don't know me. Don't insult me.
Anyways, I am posting more pics by the minute at http://fox.dantarion.com/gallery/WPI Tourney/

EDIT:

In the first round, I got matched up against one of my training buds and lost :D
Two of my other friends ended up fighting the first round too!

I there theres 5 of us left

GSus

Smash Rookie
We're down to the top 8 right now.
The only one I recognize is KoreanDJ.

Made it to the top 32 myself before getting knocked out by a fox. I'm pretty satisfied.

GSus

Smash Rookie
Now we're down to the finals:
KoreanDJ vs. Comp

And we have a winner:
KoreanDJ

Moose Of Woe

Smash Cadet
Hey all! Great times were had. Aside from a migraine due to the DJ's/music, "BRING YOUR FINAL SMASHES!" it was a fun experience.

I somehow managed to beat a guy who had the import in the first round, beat a fellow Brawl newbie the second round, and lost to a good Mario in the third round. I'm pretty happy how things turned out.

To all those saying Brawl isn't a competetive game, it sure seems like it is one to me. Obviously everyone suffered from using the classic controllers "BLEGH!" Some folks at least got to practice on them, though. Curse you importers!

Items and the time limit were kinda bleh, but still, for a free tournament I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Also, congrats to KoreanDJ.

PS: Who were the guys with the shirts numbered 1 through 5 with the names "Fox, Shiek, Mario" etc on the backs? Nice outfits.

PPS: The girl DJ didn't know who Donkey Kong was and thought Mario had a hammer special move. -_- She had a nice butt, though, so nobody spoke up.

nytejade

Smash Cadet
I never played any of these games until I played the Brawl import. Played it for a few weeks and placed Top 16. Not too bad. I also got to play on the big screen once, which was cool. I hated the 2 MC's. THey were REALLY annoying and the speakers were SO loud.

Moose Of Woe

Smash Cadet
KoreanDJ: "Bring all of your FINAL SMASHES to New York!"

Yes, nytejade, the DJ's were horrid. They were so unfamiliar with the game it was actually funny.

The speakers were way, WAY too loud. I would go outside in to the main lobby between my gaming shifts to get away from them.

burrito

Smash Lord
Well, I was at the tournament. Unfortunately, I lost the first match. :/

It was still fun, anyway.

saan

Smash Rookie
My friend and I were talking to the guy in front of us in line during the time we were waiting, he was pretty cool. He was interviewed for something at destructoid, and I actually ended up playing him in the first round. I won (Fox vs. Link.) I lost the second round against a Pit, I chose MetaKnight and couldn't get used to him in time. :\

I might have stood a better chance if it weren't for the reverse-ish button layout on the CCs. In my first match I sometimes jumped instead of hitting B, hit A instead of jumping. Overall it a pretty fun time, I definitely enjoyed playing and watching the matches on the big screen. Whoever played that Kirby was really good, best match I saw before I left.

GSus

Smash Rookie
cant forget me and watch going on a random battle =p
Yeah, I'm sorry I forgot to mention that, it was friggen epic. Both of the last two matches were.

That whole tournament was friggen epic infact.
Other than the extremely loud speakers (I blame LNL) and the clueless DJ (who I pray was not representing nintendo), it was an awesome tournament.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
I went with my friends and we all got eliminated before round 4 XD I had to fight one of them first round (I used pink classic Wario) and beat him, which we were sad about, and two other friends fell first round, so it was me and one other friend...he was playing Link and he lost second round. Me, I lost in the third round to a particularly good Pit XD I'm not happy about it, but I won my one or two matches and didn't get completely *****, so I'm content with the results...

Oh, and for anyone who cares, I was the puffy-haired afro kid with the dude in the leather jacket, the big guy wearing the Luigi bling-bling shirt, and the dark-skinned dude with the black cap and jacket

the g

Smash Rookie
who won in boston

Does Any1 know who won the touney in boston? i was there but lost in the 2nd round, the rest of my crew made it to the 3rd and lost there. game was fun different for melee classic controller made it a bit harder to play takes alot of getting use to.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Does Any1 know who won the touney in boston? i was there but lost in the 2nd round, the rest of my crew made it to the 3rd and lost there. game was fun different for melee classic controller made it a bit harder to play takes alot of getting use to.
what are you ********, why don't you read the **** thread before you ask **** ******** questions

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I was going to take vids of the final, but ended up getting sick. I have some vids of my crewmates, but they are all 1st-3rd round matches, and not really that interesting, and half of them are them playing each other :(

Mokumo

Smash Ace
The tourney was awesome. The people in front of us in line were on camera playing "Still Alive", they might be on the internet soon. The semis and the finals were EPIC. congrats kdj

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
I have good quality vids of the finial. Sadly though, I wont be posting them on youtube until after march 8th. My camera is all messed up now.

And, if the random guy who was wearing a suit reads this, or the kid I used pictochat with in line reads this. Message me on aim, my sn is d4rkclowd.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Awesome tourney I must say. I feel that having items on and smash balls on doesnt necesarrily keep the best player from winning as much as if they were off in a 2/3 format. Having the ******** classic controller pushed on us was ******** but other than that it was pretty cool.

Top Bottom