• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wolf Board Interview Thread! (Tekkie :3)

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
what got you into smash?
What else do you do when you're not playing smash?
do you have any life goals? like if theres one thing you want to absolutely make sure you do before you die, what would it be?
1. Had a Wii. Wanted to have a legit game for it. Heard the SSB series is good. Got it. If you mean competitive smash: I looked for an SSBB forum and found SWF. Couldn't orient myself here in any way so I asked Umbreon some questions (just noticed that the pm still exists) like what do the weird words like DI or gimping mean. He told me that I should go to the German board first (didn't know it existed) and well then I started my smash career there. After a while when I understood how smash works I started lurking here a bit, but I had my stupid nick here aka Sebastian S and couldn't change it for a long time, very annoying.

2. I play a bit Yugayoh and do gymnastics here and there if you mean hobby like, otherwise I have to do much school stuff (I'm one year away from my exams).

3. Rech a point in my life where I can look into my future without having fear, ataraxia describes this pretty well.

See? He only hates you when you're not spending time with him. So cute... <3
He's not cute... -.-

D

Deleted member

So I just watched one of your videos, and wow...your Wolf is so freaking fast!! My Wolf feels so sluggish in comparison.

What is the key to attaining that level of speed?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
So I just watched one of your videos, and wow...your Wolf is so freaking fast!! My Wolf feels so sluggish in comparison.

What is the key to attaining that level of speed?
Know how long your moves last so that you can buffer everything, make a good use of fast fall and know what works in which situation and which options your opponent has so that you can take decisions as fast as possible. Reaction time is a factor too.

D

Deleted member

Ah..I rarely make good use of fastfalling. Should probably try to incorporate that more. You also make very good use of b- reversed blasters.

When did you reach the point where you knew you were good? What would you say helped you the most in advancing your Brawl skills?

Laem

Smash Champion
Do you really think fastfall is important for wolf? i mean, its the worst ff in the game.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What's better, Wolf's dthrow or Bair?

Do you ever boost grab or boost pivot grab?

I like your hair and it looks super straight. Do you straighten it or is that all natural? Or do you use a certain shampoo or something.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Ah..I rarely make good use of fastfalling. Should probably try to incorporate that more. You also make very good use of b- reversed blasters.

When did you reach the point where you knew you were good? What would you say helped you the most in advancing your Brawl skills?
Difficult to say... when people started to say I was good I suppose, dunno when I reached this point though =P

By always reflecting how this game actually works. Thinking about certain situations and finding out the best options to use there helps you improve very well. You have to ask yourself "why am I actually doing this?" all the time when you play, this really helps.

Do you really think fastfall is important for wolf? i mean, its the worst ff in the game.
Really? Didn't know this. For my gameplay fastfall has always been very important, the reason for this might be that fastfalling is in general one of the most important and basic tools in the game.

What's better, Wolf's dthrow or Bair?

Do you ever boost grab or boost pivot grab?

I like your hair and it looks super straight. Do you straighten it or is that all natural? Or do you use a certain shampoo or something.
1. In singles: Bair, in teams: Dthrow (not).

2. I boost pivot grab here and there. It's pretty useful to control room near the edge because Wolf doesn't have a good bthrow aka a bthrow which could not also be an Uthow, and Dthrow near the edge almost guarantees a followup.

3. It's all natural, I don't do anything at all =P

Laem

Smash Champion
which space animal has the best shine?
Opinion on sheik vs wolf in a nutshell? How do u do vs Light/Biggad?
Is Germany secretly EU's strongest country/region brawlwise?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
How old are you? Most of the wolves here are college people is it the same there?
No I'm 16.

which space animal has the best shine?
Opinion on sheik vs wolf in a nutshell? How do u do vs Light/Biggad?
Is Germany secretly EU's strongest country/region brawlwise?
1. Tie between Wolf and Fox.

2. You have to play very safe because of her ftilt lock and her ability to gimp/edgeguard Wolf well. If you avoid these sheik cannot do much vs Wolf. I beat Light and Biggad in our latest tounament sets, don't know if I would beat them consistently though.

3. Atm it's still France, but that's only a matter of time ;D

Choice

Smash Champion
How often do you travel outside of Germany for tournaments? Do people do that in general?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hot dog or sausage?

Sauerkraut or relish?

Mustard or Ketchup?

Chili and Cheddar Cheese or Mushrooms with swiss cheese?

Hamburger or Bacon Cheese Burger?

How is McDonald's in Germany?

Yikarur

Smash Master
what's the philosophical way is the best in your opinion and why do you think it is? Do you aim to reach the goal of this philosophy? if yes what are you going to do to reach this goal? Reason it and use at least 100 words!

Laem

Smash Champion
what's the philochical way is the best in your opinion and why do you think it is? Do you aim to reach the goal of this philophy? if yes what are you going to do to reach this goal? Reason it and use at least 100 words!
philochical? philophy?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
How often do you travel outside of Germany for tournaments? Do people do that in general?
Usually only once during the summer (BBI, WakuWaku), but most of the tournaments are here in Germany, so we don't have to travel that much. The region where I live is actually very close to the Netherlands but we don't go there often (only one time ever iirc), there is just not enough action I think (step it up NL! =P).

Hot dog or sausage?

Sauerkraut or relish?

Mustard or Ketchup?

Chili and Cheddar Cheese or Mushrooms with swiss cheese?

Hamburger or Bacon Cheese Burger?

How is McDonald's in Germany?
1. Sausage
2. Sauerkraut
3. Ketchup
4. Mushrooms with swiss cheese
5. Hamburger
6. Pretty legit. It's the most successful fast food restaurant here. Best thing are the prices (1€ chicken/cheese/hamburger e.g.), quality is ok as well. You can also buy coffee and salad stuff, don't know how it is in the US though.

What is your favorite food? to be more general =p
beer :awesome:

what's the philosophical way is the best in your opinion and why do you think it is? Do you aim to reach the goal of this philophy? if yes what are you going to do to reach this goal? Reason it and use at least 100 words!
What is philophy? Sorry but I can't answer this question under these circumstances.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
Who are the top 5 power players in europe? Global threat status like m2k, ally, adhd,anti,ect..

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Who are the top 5 power players in europe? Global threat status like m2k, ally, adhd,anti,ect..
I think those are Glutonny, Leon, LP, Mr.r, and Staco/Calzorz/Kaos. Might change after WakuWaku, I'm exspecially excited if Glutonny goes on ****** everybody.

What's the best beer?
Top-fermented dark beer. This is what the translator said I don't know if you are familiar with this term in the US haha.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Is Gheb very huggable?

Is T very huggable?

Who is more huggable, T or Gheb?

What happened to Gaki?

Did you like the movie "Euro trip"?

How do your parents feel about you playing competitive smash at the age of 16? Along with this question, how are parents viewpoints towards teenagers in Europe possibly different from Americans?

What do you think of Kalo?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm familiar with your taste in beer, Semifer, I prefer dark beer myself, though I love IPA's and Imperial Stouts.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
as you probably already know, historians are very biased towards their own country's history. For instance, in the American history books, they tend to play down the fact that Americans unfairly imprisoned many japanese-americans in internment camps during WW II.

I've always wondered, what is the typical German citizen's perspective towards Hitler?

ALso, germany has a really good League of Legends team. They actually almost beat the US's top team using a really unconventional and funny backdoor strategy. Is games like league of legends really popular in Germany or in Europe in general?

I KNOW DOTA WAS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

also do u like bass hunter?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Is Gheb very huggable?

Is T very huggable?

Who is more huggable, T or Gheb?

What happened to Gaki?

Did you like the movie "Euro trip"?

How do your parents feel about you playing competitive smash at the age of 16? Along with this question, how are parents viewpoints towards teenagers in Europe possibly different from Americans?

What do you think of Kalo?
1. He's a Wolf bro so yeah.

2. ^

3. I would say Gheb because he's in the German com and we know each other very well <3

4. Ask T. I always wondered what happened to him too, never met him ever.

5. Never heard of it. I rarely watch movies, and the fact that there is "Euro" in its name doesn't make me know it automatically =P

6. They are ok with this and accepted it as my hobby. This was more difficult when I started playing smash being 14. I had to discuss with them for months until I could go somewhere alone. Never happened anything bad so their confidence in this weird hobby grew and today I can just say "I'm in [insert random city name] today" and they accept it. But it's not that parents don't care about their children in Europe, it's just that they trust me and I kinda proved that this is a legit hobby. And they don't worry if we drink alcohol because we are in Germany, this might be the main difference between Europe and America in this point.

7. Always hated his posts.

Do smashers greet each other with hugs in germany?
If you are bros, yes.

Can you drink beer at 16 in Germany?
Yes. Inofficially even earlier ;D

I'm familiar with your taste in beer, Semifer, I prefer dark beer myself, though I love IPA's and Imperial Stouts.
Good to know^^

as you probably already know, historians are very biased towards their own country's history. For instance, in the American history books, they tend to play down the fact that Americans unfairly imprisoned many japanese-americans in internment camps during WW II.

I've always wondered, what is the typical German citizen's perspective towards Hitler?

ALso, germany has a really good League of Legends team. They actually almost beat the US's top team using a really unconventional and funny backdoor strategy. Is games like league of legends really popular in Germany or in Europe in general?

I KNOW DOTA WAS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OzWIFX8M-Y

also do u like bass hunter?
1. We are not history-biased at all. Everybody is clarified about our past and nothing is played down, it's actually the opposite. Everybody hates him except for some weird party nobody votes. There are also many Hitler parodies in German TV.

2. They are. 50% of the people I know play League of Legens. Me not because I just don't have the requirement to do so.

3. Never heard of it.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
what's your favorite pokemon?

and do most germans/europeans know how to speak english fluently?

what are parties like in europe?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
how would you rate ishieymoro out of 10 in the following categories:

1) Smashboards Moderator
2) Looks
3) Asian Girl Philanderer

Yikarur

Smash Master
by Semifer (sorry for not answering i had to do stuff):

what's your favorite pokemon?

and do most germans/europeans know how to speak english fluently?

what are parties like in europe?
1. Rayquaza because it's green
2. Yes except for most frenchies and spains
3. We may drink with 16, you can imagine what they are like.

How many times did you and Yika mate? :bee:

:059:
once some years ago, but he sucked too much so this was the last time ;D

how would you rate ishieymoro out of 10 in the following categories:

1) Smashboards Moderator
2) Looks
3) Asian Girl Philanderer

1) 6, he should do the things he promises =P
2) 10 his pics are funny
3) 10 for obvious reason

D

Deleted member