• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wolf Board Interview Thread! (Tekkie :3)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
which move do you think is the most underrated in wolf's movset? how is it you believe that it should be implemented? are there any match ups where this move should become more prominent?
What move do you think is the most overrated in wolf's moveset? How are wolf's using it wrong now and how do you think it SHOULD be used? Are there any match ups where this move is useless?

Choice

Smash Champion
do you have a favorite smash video? like a certain match, a certain combo video (maybe mr.r's? omg...) anything. even like a video of like random tricks, like that one ganon video with all the item tricks.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
do you have a personal favorite smash video that you are featured in? (match/combovideo)

**Edit**

are fresh cut potatoes really that good if they're cooked in peanut oil?

Choice

Smash Champion
how is that question any different than what i asked?

in your opinion, would metaknight's legality change wolf for better or for worse in terms of how good of a character he is? i have a couple thoughts regarding this myself so i just wanna know what you think =o

edit: wow looks like everyone's curious bout that last one.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
If you can choose between a date with a pretty asian girl, or have a 5 dollar free lunch, which would you choose?

Choice

Smash Champion
como es ke tu familia llego a chicago? yo se ke sos mitad mitad pero mexico queda lejos. todavia tienes mucha familia alli? y ya se wey ke no sabes español.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Why did your family come to chicago? What is it like being half-half? If you still have family left in Mexico, how often do you visit them? Did you think choice asking a question in spanish can stop me ?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Kain's half Mexican and half what?

How does Chicago Pizza compare to other Pizza?

Are you coming to Mlg Dc?

What's your middle name?

Where did you get the name Kain from (Kain and able)?

Who inspired you to use Wolf?

Who is the best Wolf you've ever ditto'd?

Can you Bdacus?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Liberal stage lists. How do you think they'll affect Wolf, and what do you think are some of his better/worse stages on a liberal list?

If you were a moderator, how many times do you think you would've banned JJ in the past three months?

What are your main interests/activities outside of smash?

:059:

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
I think its more likely that its Kain from Kain and the Undertaker.

The set of brothers from the bible are Caine and Abel. Though if it was related to that it'd give a lot of insight into how Kain thinks about Wolf. (Caine is associated with curses, as Caine was branded with the mark of the beast [commonly thought to be the first reference to vampirism in any media form] and was forced to walk the earth and covet the lives of man from afar for all eternity)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
O..M...G!!! WTF!!! @_@

how does lain beat you?

xD
ASLJKhlsk...i'd like to know to wish the vids got recorded @_@. Honestly though, he's a good player but it's IC's. One grab=death and he almost NEVER messes CGs on me which is gay. I messed up a lot. Tried FF bairing sometimes, bair never came out got grabbed. Tried to jab cancel, never cancelled kept jabbing got grabbed. Dtilted me, jumped, jump never came out side bed got gimped. Lot of dumb things @_@ it's more mental I just have to play with the right mindset. Least he can only use IC's on me to win now XD

what match are you most proud of?
Probly my first ever set against Anther in tourny. Everyone was still calling me a wifi wolf, so when I took him to game 3 and almost beat him, it kinda put me out there as a good player for people to watch out for.

why do you have bear rolls? you play wolf, you should love all bairs.
It's not the bear rolls. It's getting bear rolled, sometimes I think it's gonna b an interesting vid theeeeeeeeen....
Do you think ishiey will like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmHlTNkoNa8&feature=player_embedded#!

^got this from vista, the original troll wolf
Ishiey loves asians of course he will!

what stage is it you normally ban?
Brinstar. **** that stage

what stage is it you normally counterpick?
FD or Lylat. I love homefield adv. Except against MK @_@

which move do you think is the most underrated in wolf's movset? how is it you believe that it should be implemented? are there any match ups where this move should become more prominent?
Hmm prolly dtilt....even I don't really use it and think it sucks, but it seems to have good range, and can trip. Should probably be used more from out of shine (isn't it guaranteed?) and for knocking people away from ledges when their trying to grab it or jump up from it I guess. Don't think it's really significant for ne MU.

What move do you think is the most overrated in wolf's moveset? How are wolf's using it wrong now and how do you think it SHOULD be used? Are there any match ups where this move is useless?
Blaster. Most wolf's seem to try to spam it, like it's unpunishable but it really is. They don't space it, or mix it up. Their predictable with it. And most of the time get wrecked for it. All wolves need to start practicing reverse blaster right now! GET TO IT! IT'S AMAZING FOR ALL MU"S!!
do you have a favorite smash video? like a certain match, a certain combo video (maybe mr.r's? omg...) anything. even like a video of like random tricks, like that one ganon video with all the item tricks.
Hmmm...not that I can think of

do you have a personal favorite smash video that you are featured in? (match/combovideo)

**Edit**

Prolly the Zeton match just because it's Wolf vs Fox in LF's. And that's never ever going to happen again...ever.

Quit trolling me idk lol

how is that question any different than what i asked?

in your opinion, would metaknight's legality change wolf for better or for worse in terms of how good of a character he is? i have a couple thoughts regarding this myself so i just wanna know what you think =o

edit: wow looks like everyone's curious bout that last one.
It's different cause he asked if i was featured in it @_@

More wolf cp's would emerge so in the end I think banning MK would make things a little bit harder for him, but not that much seeing as we deal with most of the stuff already.

Quit trollin me idk
If you can choose between a date with a pretty asian girl, or have a 5 dollar free lunch, which would you choose?
A date with a pretty asian gurl TBH. Good lead to some sucky sucky later on

_Kain_

Smash Champion
como es ke tu familia llego a chicago? yo se ke sos mitad mitad pero mexico queda lejos. todavia tienes mucha familia alli? y ya se wey ke no sabes español.
Why did your family come to chicago? What is it like being half-half? If you still have family left in Mexico, how often do you visit them? Did you think choice asking a question in spanish can stop me ?
Because the US is a better oportunity to go somewhere, much better than Mexico, and they came here when they were kids so yea @_@. It's cool being half n half i guess. Most people call me asian tho @_@. I have family in Mexico but mostly distant relatives I never really knew so no I don't visit lol. All my family is here. And no I didn't think it would stop you. Your trolling has no limits
What situations do you use Nair in?

OoS when people are right above me and I want to knock em away. Against spacies recoveries to gimp them, and other people's recoveries. Sometimes for Nair>dsmash to if it occurs to me but most of the time I forget @_@.

JJ n choice are on fire lool

eh...

Will Ally beat m2k at DC or Dallas?
IKR? FML

Prolly not. M2K too good. But I want Ally to win.

Kain's half Mexican and half what?

How does Chicago Pizza compare to other Pizza?

Are you coming to Mlg Dc?

What's your middle name?

Who inspired you to use Wolf?

Who is the best Wolf you've ever ditto'd?

Can you Bdacus?
Half Mexican and Half Chilean

Kills every other pizza. Chicago Pizza DA BESS!

No. My Bday is that weekend

Louis

From FF4. My favorite game as a kid, and my favorite character was the Dragoon Kain. Jump too good.

No one. I used him right when the game came out, before I found out about any other players, or the smash scene or sites.

On wifi, prolly Jumpman. That lag too good lol. Would have to be between Omniswell, Choice, or Atomsk. They were all the ones that knew how to use Wolf the right way, thing is i've never really played any of them more than 3 matches to see how they would adapt, or change their style up to see who's tougher.

Prolly can but haven't really gotten into trying it, or even seeing how its done lol

what is your favorite wolf video?
Hmmm...I use to like your vid vs Ally. But u took it down jerk.

Liberal stage lists. How do you think they'll affect Wolf, and what do you think are some of his better/worse stages on a liberal list?

If you were a moderator, how many times do you think you would've banned JJ in the past three months?

What are your main interests/activities outside of smash?

I hate janky stages, and overall I think most janky stages work against wolf, except like JJ and Norfair. The rest I hate n think screw him over some way.

Permaban son.

Sports. I'm usually playing basketball/football or working out. Once I'm 21 though...oh baby!

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
haha I love this thread. Reverse blaster is soo useufl. hmm My next question.

Do you think you will eventually switch to/secondary another character? Why or why not? (also! you better not just drop wolf! so you should secondary someone!)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
haha I love this thread. Reverse blaster is soo useufl. hmm My next question.

Do you think you will eventually switch to/secondary another character? Why or why not? (also! you better not just drop wolf! so you should secondary someone!)
I already secondary Fox/Falco, I just never use them, or put any time into em to make them better. I probly never will, but if I ever do I'll probly go to Falco. I just love the way he plays, and love to watch DEHF and SK92

Yo i'm going to McD's if i come back n theres a million questions like today....god have mercy on your souls

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I already secondary Fox/Falco, I just never use them, or put any time into em to make them better. I probly never will, but if I ever do I'll probly go to Falco. I just love the way he plays, and love to watch DEHF and SK92

Yo i'm going to McD's if i come back n theres a million questions like today....god have mercy on your souls
Get the chicken flatbread and McDoubles with big mac sauce.

/relevant to discussion

.AC.

Smash Lord
do you think koala might be a good name for a child?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
do you think koala might be a good name for a child?
Depends. If the kid is gonna b furry, yes. If he's australian, yes. If you don't care about him being made fun all of his child years and scarring him for the rest of his life, yes.

Choice

Smash Champion
how is it you believe the tier list should look like? or is there any tier list which you believe is more accurate than any other.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
how is it you believe the tier list should look like? or is there any tier list which you believe is more accurate than any other.
I don't believe in the tier list much other than like top5-8 chars. The rest don't really matter. Say like Fox going up....he went up cause of TKD. How do you know TKD was not just an amazing player. Did he do well cause of Fox? Or cause of himself? But eh, I think the tier list is shapin up pretty well. A few tweaks here n there and it should b good

Choice

Smash Champion
no specific tweaks that you would do if you could? or like characters that are like "what the heck are you doing there?!"

_Kain_

Smash Champion
no specific tweaks that you would do if you could? or like characters that are like "what the heck are you doing there?!"
The only one i think is really outta place is Zelda. I think not enough people do anything with her at all to know exactly how good she can be. Oh, and Wolf for E tier obv

.AC.

Smash Lord
I don't believe in the tier list much other than like top5-8 chars. The rest don't really matter. Say like Fox going up....he went up cause of TKD. How do you know TKD was not just an amazing player. Did he do well cause of Fox? Or cause of himself? But eh, I think the tier list is shapin up pretty well. A few tweaks here n there and it should b good
tkd was already a top mk before switching to fox.

what do you think about buffering?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
tkd was already a top mk before switching to fox.

what do you think about buffering?
I know he is which is why i credit most of his wins to mostly him, not the char as much.

It's gay, because of it wolf gets gayed by so much ****

Choice

Smash Champion
buffering itself is gay or the cg's and crap that erupted from it are?

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Depends. If the kid is gonna b furry, yes. If he's australian, yes. If you don't care about him being made fun all of his child years and scarring him for the rest of his life, yes.
You mean barracuda drifting him for the rest of his life, right?

castorpollux

Smash Champion
what do you think is the coolest/most useful wolf discovery over the course of his metagame

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
^tricky wolf combo
/thread

how beastly is wolfs bair

was the bear that bair is named after a grizzly bear?

what are your thoughts on wolfs attraction to tight leather clothes and spikes

how often should a wolf main use up taunt?

how useful do you think that jump shine is?

pirates or ninja's

skitty or meowth?

how many times have you been bear rolled?

Choice

Smash Champion
you claw hella weird. did you come up with that on your own?

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
In your opinion whats a good strategy for wolf in doubles ? Also whats a good partner for wolf ? Any specific strategies you use ?

Zync

Smash Journeyman
What do you think about wolfs Utilt?

What do you mostly do to set a mindgame while coming back to the stage after being knocked horizontally?

What strategies do you make to avoid chaingrabs?

Do you implement Fsmash out of a long step Dash dance?

Should Pika mains shot themselves?

Who do you think is the best wolf from both America and Europe? (not wifi)

Choice

Smash Champion
who do you think is the best wifi wolf?

what does it mean to you to define someone as a wifi wolf?

Choice

Smash Champion
no the question he answered was "which was the best wolf you ditto'd" doesnt necessarily mean thats who he believes is the best wifi wolf. just means they're the best wolf on wifi that he's played at the ditto.

what's your favorite pokemon? what about favorite pokemon move? did you ever become a pokemon master?

Kinetic

Smash Apprentice
Kain whats your favorite television show, if its a sitcom, what do you drink while watching it to make it interesting?

Top Bottom