• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wofl House (Video Thread)

castorpollux

Smash Champion
pretty sure espy didnt use wolf once
but he USES wolf against lucario =O

and he placed the highest in MLG

so therefore he is the highest placing wolf user ever at a national tournament which makes him the best wolf... sheez where's your logic?

Zync

Smash Journeyman
I watched some espys battles and, god, he plays sonic like if he was wolf hahahaha, Bair spam xD. too good

Laem

Smash Champion
Yeah, they were friendlies. Me not edgehogging much had nothing to do with that though. I'm still too used to playing against DK where that's a risky move so I'm not that quick at grabbing the ledge. I should work on it.

I still say 1:43 of this video was the best mindgame ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u06C_iNGpzU

Walk across the stage and grab.

:059:
lmao that was indeed epic

and lol @ your first stock loss... 35%!!!! xD

tekkie

Smash Master
but he USES wolf against lucario =O

and he placed the highest in MLG

so therefore he is the highest placing wolf user ever at a national tournament which makes him the best wolf... sheez where's your logic?
i bet i can find a higher placing mlg winner who has used wolf once :O

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ Really? Idk, whatever makes you happy lol. Also, <3 Espy, good **** man :)

JJ, your stalking is really creepy, but I'll interpret it as you expressing your love <3 And... I'm not going to get into all of the reasons why that is a horrible idea lol

castorpollux

Smash Champion
^ Really? Idk, whatever makes you happy lol. Also, <3 Espy, good **** man :)

JJ, your stalking is really creepy, but I'll interpret it as you expressing your love <3 And... I'm not going to get into all of the reasons why that is a horrible idea lol

ishieymoro's future wife wants the american government to protect wolves from becoming endangered and she said "i love wolves" at one point...

and my stlaking isnt creepy. it showed up at the top of my news feed

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
GOOD JOB ESPY! I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU TO BEAT X TOO.

Also, wait to **** over the pro-ban for Mk by winning with Sonic. (X and MJG too) LOL.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thanks. Many, many <3s.

And what are you talking about? Meta Knight still da bess. :<

D

Deleted member

Espy, did you know you would do well from the get go since you are really a psychic pomeranian?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
omg Ausfur <333~

I had NO CLUE X and I would do so well at MLG. Up until round 3 of Pro bracket, I was expecting one of us to finally lose under the pressure, but it just never happened!

X is too good.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Espy, I said this somewhere else on the boards, but in case you missed it... good **** <3 Definitely adds to the hype around seeing your Wolf haha :)

But really, you must be hella smart to beat the players you did, mad props *tips hat*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thank you Wofls. <333~

I played some more Wofl myself in friendlies this weekend. I shoulda asked Holmes for some pointers. His Wofl is crazy.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Why is Semifer so good? Best looking wolf right now imo. Time to start copying some of his stuff yeeeeeeeeeeee

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
any links to some more recent matches featuring semifur?
i looked in the archives but i only saw some from last year, unless those are the ones you're talking about?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
gimme a break, its almost 5 in the morning and i'm bedridden with the flu xD
i saw them now, and yes that was a very sexy wolf, i loved his reverse blasters and general blaster game especially against wario.
there's two sheik matches up but they're the same match? only watch the first 30 secs of the 2nd match but it was exactly the same @_@
ugh, time to sleep

castorpollux

Smash Champion
gimme a break, its almost 5 in the morning and i'm bedridden with the flu xD
i saw them now, and yes that was a very sexy wolf, i loved his reverse blasters and general blaster game especially against wario.
there's two sheik matches up but they're the same match? only watch the first 30 secs of the 2nd match but it was exactly the same @_@
ugh, time to sleep
crap i made amistake. will edit later.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, SNAKE CAN BAIR DANCE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxk0CDiu0Q&feature=related

Discuss

Laem

Smash Champion
i approve of snakes bairdancing
perhaps this is the reason snake was my only character that could beat semifers wolf O.o

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I watched Semifer's matches with the Sheik. That doesn't look like a normal Dacus. Is that a Bdacus or Dash attack>Dacus O_O?

D

Deleted member

Looks like a BDACUS.

<3 BDACUS. I gave up on doing the regular DACUS, lol.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
crap i made amistake. will edit later.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, SNAKE CAN BAIR DANCE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxk0CDiu0Q&feature=related

Discuss
Very anti-metagame imo.

Also, <3 Semifer. Time to watch his vids and possibly return with a critique :o

EDIT: I think it's pretty safe to say that Semifer is at the pinnacle of the Wolf metagame, aside from utilizing jumpshine to its fullest :p But really, reverse blasters to bair away edgeguarders when recovering, sideB mobility tricks, extremely safe and effective use of blaster (seriously the best I've ever seen), knowledge of basically EVERYTHING as well as putting it all to gret use... I'll stop meatriding now because I do that enough whenever Semifer does anything lol, but really, Semifer is amazing. He should come to the US sometime for the next international tournament :)

As for specifics, I liked all the great things you got out of stale dthrow's wall lock properties (and that one dtilt too lol, idk I just like dtilt). That empty SH > dthrow chain was beautiful too xD Your speed hugging is excellent, and you have very good technical control overall.

Vs Sheik, first game, Sheik's second stock, you kept punishing with dsmash (which was getting stale and wouldn't kill) instead of going for an usmash. Of course if they're really good they can SDI out, but when dsmash gets so stale and they're already used to DIing it upwards, at like 140% you'd have killed with usmash. Also, lololol Sheik can't kill for crap xD

I didn't see any flash cancels (not that you needed any lol), and where's the jumpshine D: Offensive jumpshine is great, especially vs characters like Wario and Sheik that don't have very disjointed aerials and approach with FHs more often imo. It catches people offguard the first few times they have to deal with it, and is pretty helpful on certain stages like battlefield when combined with sideB (cancels help too) for running away/escaping from pressure.

tl;dr: good **** Semifer <3

.AC.

Smash Lord
you guys need to start spamming usmash. it's like the ground version of bair.

.AC.

Smash Lord
it's only punishable for 17 frames. shield drop takes 7 frames + move startup time+ human reaction time.
as for aerials, all characters have jump startup time+aerial startup time+ human reaction time.
as for shield grabs most grabs come out on 6 frames, except that the hitbox for wolf's usmash is bigger than most character's grab range.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
it's only punishable for 17 frames. shield drop takes 7 frames + move startup time+ human reaction time.
as for aerials, all characters have jump startup time+aerial startup time+ human reaction time.
as for shield grabs most grabs come out on 6 frames, except that the hitbox for wolf's usmash is bigger than most character's grab range.
Spamming upsmash is good only until the opponent learns it's cooldown and that any well ranged move can counter it on block pretty easy. Pretty good on the edge tho since it knocks them off and sometime connects with the horizontal knockback

Laem

Smash Champion
i still dont understand how you got off a triple usmash vs tkd

.AC.

Smash Lord
Spamming upsmash is good only until the opponent learns it's cooldown and that any well ranged move can counter it on block pretty easy. Pretty good on the edge tho since it knocks them off and sometime connects with the horizontal knockback
it barely has any cooldown >_>

it looks like you just went right over what i posted.

Top Bottom