• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winds of Change Are A-Blowin'...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
...and it's gonna knock this whole **** house down.

DIDDY MAINS!

I hear your cries.

This forum will be revamped and updated.

Here is what I have in mind for the preliminary agenda:
  • get rid of excessive stickies
  • have someone make a new Tournament Results thread, or appoint him or her to the old one
  • create a new Match-Up Discussion thread with a new, more efficient format
  • make a new, more streamlined Diddy Kong Information Index thread, since we have stumbled upon many great things and have had many fruitful discussions since the last major update
  • appoint a person or persons to create and maintain a new character guide
  • consolidate AZ's Get Better Fast thread to the Diddy Kong Information Index
Those are topics that concern me with the most urgency. Obviously, I'm going to need help. A lot of help.

My biggest stumbling block at the moment is that I lack are young, capable people with time. This is the key. I'm going to need two or three of you to be constantly hitting the grind. Those of us that were more or less "running" the show before are mostly consumed by university studies, part-timers and other facets of real life, and it's become painfully obvious that we have neither the time, energy or even desire to maintain tasking threads like these that utterly demand that sort of attention.

For as worthwhile as our discussions have been in the past, they are meaningless if no one can find them. We're literally brimming at the rim with vibrant information, but we don't have an effective way to properly harness all of this for other people to find.

I'm offering a chance for some of you guys to lend a helping hand and bring some tried and true focus back to this forum.

Sans the occasional troll and bot that occasionally surfaces around these parts, I truly do believe that we are the best character forum that no one knows about. That's saying a lot, since I didn't even like the Diddy Forums a lick to begin with. =) Now, let's just dress the part.

I need volunteers, stat. Who's down?

-- H.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
if i don't end up going away for a big majority of the summer, ill be happy to help

Player-1

Smash Legend
Maybe we should only allow that only 1 individual person to run a single sticky or 2 max? Just to lessen or slow down the effect of laziness over the threads? Iunno, just an idea.

I have a lot more time now that it's Summer, I'll redo the whole video thread again, I was planning on doing it sometime this week or next week and just start doing a monthly update from June, it was harder to do it before because only recently have I gotten Microsoft Word and so I can update it easier now..

ADHD

Smash Hero
I vote we all get together and promote under-age drinking first for this celebration!

Count

Smash Champion
I would be willing to help, especially this summer I can be extremely active (my girlfriend is taking classes, my best friend is away all summer)

I'd like to be considered for mod but if not at least give me the tourney results thread <3.

Once school starts I should maybe reconsider my position but I think I could do an adequate job even then. And that is still a while away.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
OUT OF SCHOOL IN 3 DAYS, I'll have tons of Time :D

I've been doing the matchup stage discussion, I'm going to keep that running and make a new format or more organized [its pretty organized as it is thoe]

Diddy Kong Boards STICKIES

Diddy Kong Tourney Results Thread = NEW!
Diddy Kong Q&A Help Thread = :D
Diddy Kong General Match-Ups = NEW!!!!!!
Diddy Kong: The Facts, Must Reads and Videos! = UPDATE!!!!!!!
The Official Diddy Kong Video Thread = UPDATE
Get Better Fast- Diddy- Easy to read articles, Attack Charts, Tricks/Tips, and Strats = Bye
Diddy Kong: Character Playing Guide! = NEW!

Need STICKY!
Diddy Kong Tournament Matchup Stage Discussion = Need! [eh, Le Thien]

Maybe we should only allow that only 1 individual person to run a single sticky or 2 max? Just to lessen or slow down the effect of laziness over the threads? Iunno, just an idea.
Exactly, good idea!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Our video thread needs to also be a critique thread; almost all the other boards have one stickied, and they're really helpful to beginning Diddy players. I'd still love to nominate the Diddy Critique Thread as a sticky alongside the video thread if possible (to keep the video thread from getting cluttered and to allow for a stickied critique thread).

As for the character guide, what's needed? A breakdown of general uses for each of Diddy's moves? Strategies? Etc.?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I'd go to tournies but...*insert ride johns here*...

Besides, I'm bad at repping Diddy. x3

I'll try to make it to Genesis if anything, doubt it though. <_<

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I already have a Diddy Critique thread that needs more attention from the best diddy's here. Noobs like Ingulit need help!:)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I can handle the General Diddy Information and Threads thread. Give a day to type it up in Word and I'll have it up and running either tonight or tomorrow night. I'll end up copying a lot of Vyse's material for speed's sake, but I'm going to clean everything up in general. I'm also going to copy word-for-word my Common Diddy Acronyms and Terms into the General thread, so once I'm done that thread can be closed. I can update it almost every evening until college starts, at which point I'll say if I won't be able to update it frequently enough such that someone else can run it. Until that point, I've got it.

EDIT:
I already have a Diddy Critique thread that needs more attention from the best diddy's here. Noobs like Ingulit need help!:)
He's right :urg:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Cool.

I like you guys.

A thread per person is probably the best way to go at this point. Give me 'til tonight to figure out the best assignments/suggestions for each person.

Conti

Smash Ace
Hmm... Revamp'ed Diddy Boards... I'm Down, but idk what i could offer to the table... {being a relativly new diddy main :\}

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Still got a couple years left before college/University so I can definitely help with 1 or 2 threads. I could help Inguilt with the Guide if he wants it. I could Email himdefinitions of a bunch of terms that I already have saved in Word :p

Also, a more personal request; What do say to adding my True Combos list to the Useful Threads Sticky (Unfortunatly, I dont believe it deserves a sticky :() Ill definitely have it updated with the TRUE tested True Combos after schools out if not before.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not sure if I'm going to be gone during July for vacation, but if there's anything i can still help with ill be here. Also i think you should sticky the Diddy Kong Tournament Matchup Stage Discussion, and possibly a general/social topic for our boards...some other boards have them, but that's not really necessary lol. Just suggesting a new possible idea =P

Count

Smash Champion
Hanson I'm glad you decided to give inguilt the thread as I am sure he will do an excellent job.

Should I re-make a tourney results thread, or is there any way I can be given control of GDX's thread.

I will update that thread and from here on out make sure you post both DOUBLES and singles. I feel like doubles is just as important and that diddy is still a great doubles character. We need to show the rest of the community that our chimp can be just as good in doubles as in singles.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
You guys are too good.

I'm gonna need all the help that is available.

Also, the tightened focus of the new Diddy Kong Information Index will be for it to act as a more comprehensive bastion of useful threads. Whether or not a thread "deserves" a sticky is not usually the question; rather, I look at whether or not a thread is general and all-encompassing enough for it to be useful at a glance in the broadest sense. Things like a character guide and a match-up thread are traditional and broad enough topics that will always justify its own existence and its own sticky; other satellite topics such as AT acronyms and my dissertation on why N-air is amazing will probably be (neatly) filed away in the Diddy Kong Info Index.

The idea at the moment is to clean up and consolidate and refocus, and only add more stickies if it is absolutely necessary. I'm aiming for ease of navigation, easy-to-read presentation, and an efficient cataloguing system linking users to mounds and mounds of valuable information.

Gimme the next hour or so to come up with some assignments/suggestions for who might be best for what thread.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I really like this idea. It's nice to know the board is taking notable steps to progress the character.

Can we revive the doubles topic in the next week or two? I find myself playing a stupid amount of doubles at smashfests and it seems like one of the topics I like discussing the most.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Can we revive the doubles topic in the next week or two? I find myself playing a stupid amount of doubles at smashfests and it seems like one of the topics I like discussing the most.
I hope we would be able to actually get a good discussion going about doubles, last time it didn't go that well. Hopefully it would be stickied, or put in the diddy kong info index that thien is going to make.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Hey Le_Thien/Hanson (it feels weird calling someone youve never met by their first name :ohwell:)
Do you think the Diddy boards should have a General/Social topic like the other boards? I mean I dont see why not but the final decision is up to you.

And Ingulit, as I said in my earlier post, I really have a lot of definitions/uses of Diddy-related terms quoted in Word so if ever you are in need of more info, my offer still stands. Just PM me and Ill send you whatever you need.

Count

Smash Champion
Also, sir Le, what are you thoughts about a discussion for partners for diddy kong? I think it could be beneficial and there is also some debate on which partners are best.

I'd be willing to lead it, etc, in addition to my tournament results topic.

Expect a new tournament results thread up between tomorrow and Sunday, depending on when I have the time.

This one should be hopefully better organized, and will contain full results from the beginning of brawl, including doubles.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Also, sir Le, what are you thoughts about a discussion for partners for diddy kong? I think it could be beneficial and there is also some debate on which partners are best.

I'd be willing to lead it, etc, in addition to my tournament results topic.

Expect a new tournament results thread up between tomorrow and Sunday, depending on when I have the time.

This one should be hopefully better organized, and will contain full results from the beginning of brawl, including doubles.
Awww...I kind of wanted to lead the doubles thread. Diddy's partners kind of fall under that too...
:(

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
Do you think the Diddy boards should have a General/Social topic like the other boards? I mean I dont see why not but the final decision is up to you.
lol i suggested this before, maybe it could bring the diddy community closer :laugh:

Hoser

Smash Ace
I'd be willing to manage a Diddy Kong tourney results thread (If no one's already doing it.). I do the Ike one, but that doesn't really take much time, unfortunately due to lack of tourney results.

Count

Smash Champion
NP 4RCE just make sure you get partners in there <3

Is anybody else amazing at holding stocks in doubles? I'm almost always a stock ahead of everybody in doubles and I don't know why.

/edit I've got the tourney results thread though, it will be up in the near future as noted earlier.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol i suggested this before, maybe it could bring the diddy community closer :laugh:
I don't believe that a thread like that is necessary, only because it begins to create a gap between people who post here often and those that don't.

No reason why we can't all be good mates across every thread instead of just one :)

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe that a thread like that is necessary, only because it begins to create a gap between people who post here often and those that don't.

No reason why we can't all be good mates across every thread instead of just one :)
lol true, i did say i didn't think it was necessary, just trying to suggest new ideas :lick:

Top Bottom