• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Sports Thread

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
After a search I realized there's no thread dedicated to this game. In my opinion this game delivered far more than I expected. For the past few days my friends and I have been playing this game for hours on end. So much so that my body aches from many rounds of boxing and bowling. Share what you think about this game and any stories you may have while playing it (I know I got some). Why not share your point status as well?

Golf.......?
Tennis.......?
Baseball.......?
Boxing.........780
Bowling........1300

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I would say that all the sports in the game are pretty simple and fun. Boxing seems like the most intense (that or Tennis). When I played, I got really into boxing and started doing things not really necessary to play the game but I just got sucked in. In order of least fun to most fun, I'd go: Golf, Bowling, Baseball, Tennis/Boxing. But all of them are entertaining, especially when you are playing with friends. Just watching each other try to get a perfect drive or a home run is great.

Nite

Smash Champion
I agree, all of them are fun, but Boxing and Tennis are the most fun in my opinion. You can still have a lot of fun with all of them with your friends. My friend and I just played golf for a little while and I never thought that I could have so much fun playng. We're just chillin swinging the wii remote. One of us will hit it into the green close to the hole, "Nice." Lol. The conversations that you have can be so funny. All in all though, simple sports games have never been so fun.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
As of right now, I'm pro in Tennis, Boxing, and Bowling. There are only small differences for being pro, but it's still fun to go for. As far as playablility, baseball is overall the least fun, because it's only batting and pitching, with all of the other positions being fairly stupid and unresponsive. Golf has potential for those that are into it, and boxing is by far the most intense and enjoyable. Tennis is good for when you have a lot of people and enough Wiimotes, but for everything else there's bowling, which only needs one for multiplayer.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Baseball is very cool for only one reason: you get random Miis on your team.

It's fun to play two player, but not to see who gets the best score, but to see who gets the best Miis (tadonticus, Senior Stu, etc.).

I underestimated this game the first time around. With more controllers and a little imagination, anything is possible!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Tennis: Tennis is way fun-- especially with four people. Pretty soon, you and your partner are on your feet doing anything to beat the other two. The fun part is winning and dancing around the losers. With Wii sports, winning just FEELS better for some reason.

Bowling: Bowling is actually my favorite. :( Maybe because it only takes one Wiimote to play, and that's all I have. But it's really fun, imo. Taking turns, having random conversation, getting strikes and taunting everyone else...

Baseball: I agree 100% with Typh.

Golf: Boring...

Boxing: Choppy and unresponsive. It's fun, but it's frustrating when what you want to happen doesn't. I think it's more fun to watch people box than actually doing it myself.

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Tennis is the coolest! I just need 2 more Wiimotes so I can play 4 players
Bowling can get boring after a couple of games but its the realistic game
Baseball is ok I just suck at it lol
Golf is boring especially the 3rd hole on begginer it pisses me off!
Boxing is cool too it makes you move alot and is fun
Right now im not pro at anything im too busy playing Zelda :)

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I just got Wii sports with my Wii today. Yayz :)

Imo, Bowling and Baseball are the funnest, followed closely by by Boxing and Tenis, then golf at the bottom. As Xsyven said, Boxing is a bit unresponsive. But it's still a great challenge to see how far you can go before you lose.

Bowling is best, mainly because of the simplicity yet challenge of keeping your ball straight. I like holding B even after you get to the line, then do your thing, tends to go straighter for me.

Not much else to say, other then my fitness age is 37. That bad? I need to play more maybe...

btw, great video of some crazy lady trying to play Wii Boxing. Great stuff :)
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/4282/

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
I do not have a Wii, and I've only played Wii Sports once, but it was enough to get my arm hurting after about 30 minutes or intense tennis madness. I also like what kind of crazy stuff you can do in it.

And I only played a few games of Bowling and Boxing each. And I have *NO* idea how to do well in those! I just like to dance in Boxing when the you knock down your opponent! har har har

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Tier list.
Boxing-The controls are unresponsive, but it's fun nonetheless.
Tennis-Does anyone else hold the Wiimote so that your palm is on the side with the B triger?
Bowling-It offers mild thrills.
Golf-Boring-ish
Baseball-Uber boring

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, what kind of scores have you guys gotten on the training challenges? I have a 92 on the first tennis challenge. That's pretty good, but I think you can go much further, I wonder if it ever stops.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I'll check my numbers later. My favorites are Golf and Tennis. I have around 400 skill level in Golf.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Tier list.
Boxing-The controls are unresponsive, but it's fun nonetheless.
Tennis-Does anyone else hold the Wiimote so that your palm is on the side with the B triger?
Bowling-It offers mild thrills.
Golf-Boring-ish
Baseball-Uber boring
There, now I get to convey my oppinion without wording it myself.

P.S., any of you guys try throwing the ball backwards in bowling. You throw it into the crowd and they all freak out.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Tennis - 1358
Baseball - 3
Bowling - 1267
Golf - 1018
Boxing - 690

There are my stats as of today. Yes, I am really that bad at baseball so don't rub it in.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I ought to check my skill out. I know I reached pro in Tennis and Bowling.

Boxing - 299. This game is unresponsive as hell. It turned me off completely.

Golf - 561. I still bang my Wiimote on the floor. The speed of a put increases even after you hit it when you continue to move the Wiimote. Best score on 9-hole is +14.

Bowling - 1083[pro]. My absolute favourite. Highest score is 244. That's what hapens when a get 6 consecutive strikes.

Baseball - 895. It's realy difficult to even predict where the **** pitcher will throw. when I think it's a ball, it's a strike. When it should have been a ball, I swing. Gah. Playing against humans is also very difficult once you know all the tricks. My score with my brother-in-law never goes beyond 2-0 or so.

Tennis - 1998[pro]. Heh, I used to have 2100, but I screwed up one of my matches. Didn't feel like restarting the match. That'd be immoral. I rarely get beaten in this game by friends or famly.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
This is what I think of each of the sports-
Tennis~ Pretty fun, I only have one wiimote, but its still awesome.

Baseball~ I love Baseball!!! I am very good at hitting homeruns, but I always end up getting the Miis that stink badly:( (there is a Mii named Yoshi, and her color is green, which is kinda wierd)

Bowling~ Okay, I think its kinda hard to throw the ball sometimes, but I like the training modes.

Golf~ I like golf, especially w/ 4 ppl. I like to play the training mode where you try to hit the target.

Boxing~ Boxing is alright, but it kinda gets boring after a while imo.

I'll check my skill scores later.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
1. Boxing - 1200
2. Bowling 1050
3. Tennis - 999
4. Golf - 500
5. Baseball 300

Boxing has to be the most fun imo. I think all of you guys out there who say the controls are unresponsive just don't know how to do the punches correctly and flailing your arms. I can do jabs, straights, 1 2 combinations, and dodge at will... so I don't know what you guys are talkin bout and all of my hits are power hits.

Boxing is the most fun also cause you actually both struggle to win and keep up and its a fight between the both of you... while in golfing and bowling... you just practically play against yourself... but bowling is still #2 imo.

Specialized

Smash Rookie
I'm only pro in tennis and bowling which are my two favorite sports on the game. I tend to play those the most, and my high score for bowling is a 249. I tend to stay away from boxing, and I try to golf. Overall it's a great game.

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Woot I R teh 1337est Boxer (It's all I play)

Boxing-1700+
Bowling- 1000+
Tennis- 200+
Golf- 0
Baseball- 100+

Working the bag: Gold (35)
Dodging: Gold (82)
throwing Punches: Gold (63)

Good like beating Matt, your Boxing trainer/Boxing Champion. He has pearly white gloves, and can K.O. you in 4 punches D:.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
the secret to boxing is actually throwing punches. its unresponsive to people who just shake the wiimote at the screen and expect a punch.

Top Bottom