• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The whole entire roster leaked(?) if so, spoilers.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I agree. Some of those characters are completely ridiculous. It reminds me of Melee's leak.

I remember someone actually thought Dr. Mario would be in Melee. and YOUNG LINK! I mean seriously, why would they have two links in the game?

And Mr. Game and Watch? Who the heck is that?

--

If my sarcasm is not meaning anything to you, what I'm saying is that it's a plausible roster because of the way Sakurai's mind works. It may very well be fake, but don't put yourself in a position where you may have to eat your words.

This is addressed to many.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
that is almost the perfect ROSTER!! except Ness :( and if Micaiah and Lip were there it'd be perfect.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Alexia Rovias - (Secret) - "Eternal Darkness" :chuckle: Are u $#$@% serious? I loved Eternal Darkness but man i smell bull#@#$

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
DO YOUR RESEARCH: The whole motif of why I believe this guy is the last apparent character to have unlocked which is Rainman (not RAYMAN, you buch of tweets); which is not a "character" in itself from any Nintendo game. Look for Hanafuda).

That Idea is far too over-developed to come from a mind of a simple gamer like you and me. It's clearly Sakurai's.

Also on note:
Please notice that While I still Can't entirely believe this roster (because of it's randomness) I do think there's one point nobody noticed still.

Dr. Lobe IS NOT a Secret character...

which means...

Damax

Smash Lord
-Mario-
1.Mario

2.Peach

3.Bowser

4.Yoshi

5.Luigi - (Secret)

-DK-

6. DK

7. Diddy Kong

8. King K. Rool - (Secret)

-Wario-

9.Wario

10.Ashley - (Secret)

-Kirby-

11.Kirby

12.King DeDeDe - (Secret)

13.Meta Knight - (Secret)

-Star Fox-

14. Fox

15. Wolf- (Secret)

16. Krystal- (Secret)

(NO FALCO IS A TROPHY AND APPEARS AS A ASSIST TROPHY IN HIS AIRWING WITH SLIPPY AND PEPPY)

-Pokemon-

17.Pikachu

18.Pokemon Trainer

19.Lucario- (Secret)

20.Jigglypuff- (Secret)

(MEWTWO IS OUT BUT IS NOW A POKEBALL)

-Fire Emblem-

21.Ike

22.Marth- (Secret)

(THERE IS A BOSS INVOLVING A BLACK/PURPLE DRAGON AND A MAN RIDING IT LIKE A HORSE)

-Mother-

23.Ness- (Secret)

24.Lucas

25.Pokey- (Secret) "Is in a small spider mech"

(PORKY IS THE BOSS)

-F-Zero-

26. Captain Falcon - (Secret)

27. Deathborn - (Secret)

-Zelda Series-

28.Zelda

29.Link

30.Ganondorf- (Secret)

-Metroid-

31.Samus/Zero Suit Samus

(RIDLEY IS A BOSS)

-Others-

32.Alexia Rovias - (Secret) - "Eternal Darkness"

33.Ice Climbers

34.Mr. Game & Watch - (Secret)

35.Mike Jones - (Secret) - "Star Tropics"

36.Geno- (Secret)

37.Captain Olimar

38.Dr. Lobe - "Big Brain Academy AND Brain Age"

39.Alice- (Secret) "Balloon Kid"

40.Pit

41.Takamaru - (Secret)

42.Rainman- (Secret) "Hanafuda"

43.Sonic - (Secret)

44.Pac-Man - (Secret)

45.Bomberman - (Secret)

46.Snake - (Secret)

All the ones I highlighted in Red are completely ridiculous. IMO, they're all AT material. and I highlighted Ridley because he's got to be playable, there's too much demand for him not to be. I cant believe some of you are buying this. :laugh:

quoted for truth, death to the believers. its starting to be worst than christians ****it

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Actually, Porky is supposed to be Pokey, anyone who has actually played Mother 3 knows this. Maybe you're thinking Yokuba? Because Pokey has been pokey and >.> guess what is still pokey in the states!
Ditto. That's the one thing that sends that list's credibility to hell. Pokey = Porky. Why are there two? Clearly because he has no idea what he's talking about and probably did a cursory scan, since we know Pokey is from Earthbound, but since Mother 3 is only in Japanese, he's known as Porky there. This is a translational misunderstanding that wouldn't happen in the real game.

Fake list, although slightly believable (especially the 5 kings part).

Luigi player

Smash Master
It is SO obvious that this is not real. Well, maybe... but no... there are too many WTF characters... I don't even know 1/3 of them O.o

Damax

Smash Lord
I agree. Some of those characters are completely ridiculous. It reminds me of Melee's leak.

I remember someone actually thought Dr. Mario would be in Melee. and YOUNG LINK! I mean seriously, why would they have two links in the game?

And Mr. Game and Watch? Who the heck is that?

--

If my sarcasm is not meaning anything to you, what I'm saying is that it's a plausible roster because of the way Sakurai's mind works. It may very well be fake, but don't put yourself in a position where you may have to eat your words.

This is addressed to many.
But I went to university, and my teacher knew I was top ten in melee east coast canada, so she let me play the game. I know the roaster but cannot say it. however mewtwo is BACK! YAYUUZZ had to tell you guys cuz I'm a mewtwo fan. don't tell my teacher who's husband work for Sakurai, he'll get dismissed.

cmon believe me believe me! haha
DR.Mario and Young Link werent such as bad as ****in pac-man with no possible move list or dr.lobe who makes no sense at all. your sarcasm fails. Sakurai mind bla bla bla, who cares, nintendo as the final words not sakurai. He's only leading it but IMO he seems more like a representative and must be working alongside many.
Meta knight is also labelled Secret as many others, but he is on the cover and is prolly a starter character.

The NTSC version is prolly not complete, testers must be japanese and there's LITTLE chances to none that this guy's ***. even though he would have been lucky enough to have a college advisor who knows a guy who works under Sakurai. And I doubt that person would have leaked such a thing -_- unless his college advisor was a SSBM fan which I doubt.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
This list...has so much fail...it's painful...

The fact that there's Rainman and Mike Jones just kills this list. Kills it dead. -_-

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
Ditto. That's the one thing that sends that list's credibility to hell. Pokey = Porky. Why are there two? Clearly because he has no idea what he's talking about and probably did a cursory scan, since we know Pokey is from Earthbound, but since Mother 3 is only in Japanese, he's known as Porky there. This is a translational misunderstanding that wouldn't happen in the real game.

Fake list, although slightly believable (especially the 5 kings part).
GAH **** You'r not making ANY point. ENTER THE LINK AFTER THE LIST AND READ. Then Shut up!

He said there are to versions (cotumes) for Pokey, one in which he looks younger (the Earthbound Pokey) and one which looks all rotten (Porky). This version of Pokey is A BOSS, but Pokey itslef is a playable character. Just Like Giga Bowser is a Boss and also Playable as Bowser's Final Smash Porky is a Boss and is playable as Pokey's Costume perhaps?!

Make some point people!! You're not getting anywhere.
You're just saying "Yoshi doesn't belong to the Mario series, its a series in itself this is fake" THAT'S OBVIOUSLY MISTAKEN, HE OBVIOUSLY MISTOOK THAT "detail".

Or saying "Ridley/Isaac/Bill Cosby is not a playable character so this is fake!!!". Please. You know they had chances, But you'd have to eat dirt if they weren't in! How can you be so sure!?

Anyways... only time will tell... but (modesty apart) I'm the only one who had some point in this topic.

Pokey becomes King Porky in Mother 3

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This list...has so much fail...it's painful...

The fact that there's Rainman and Mike Jones just kills this list. Kills it dead. -_-
Exactly HOW does having Mike in Brawl ruins it for you?

Have you even PLAYED Startropics? I'm sure you haven't STARTROPICS is a NINTENDO franchise either you like it or not. And MICHAEL JONES has all the right in the world to get in as a playable character.

Why the HECK all the Mike hatred!? Sheesh!!! He`s a MAIN character from TWO perfectly awesome games. It`s ONLY bloody sin was NOT being released in Japan. Come on people, just at least make an ATTEMPT at thinking outside the box for ONE MINUTE.

I bet 90percent of you haters will change your minds after playing the game.

Is ONE character... ONE.. just flippin ONEEEEE character from the most famous western only franchise SO HARD TO ACCEPT??!

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
GAH **** You'r not making ANY point. ENTER THE LINK AFTER THE LIST AND READ. Then Shut up!

He said there are to versions (cotumes) for Pokey, one in which he looks younger (the Earthbound Pokey) and one which looks all rotten (Porky). This version of Pokey is A BOSS, but Pokey itslef is a playable character. Just Like Giga Bowser is a Boss and also Playable as Bowser's Final Smash Porky is a Boss and is playable as Pokey's Costume perhaps?!

Make some point people!! You're not getting anywhere.
You're just saying "Yoshi doesn't belong to the Mario series, its a series in itself this is fake" THAT'S OBVIOUSLY MISTAKEN, HE OBVIOUSLY MISTOOK THAT "detail".

Or saying "Ridley/Isaac/Bill Cosby is not a playable character so this is fake!!!". Please. You know they had chances, But you'd have to eat dirt if they weren't in! How can you be so sure!?

Anyways... only time will tell... but (modesty apart) I'm the only one who had some point in this topic.

Pokey becomes King Porky in Mother 3
Let me ask you something then. Why would there be a differentiation between "Pokey" and "Porky" in a Japanese game (where they would be the same name)? There isn't, because that's something only an American can do. I don't deny that Pokey can be playable, but to make such an error like that shows that more likely it was something you'd err on when you Wiki info about Mother 2/3 villains... rather than getting something straight from the game itself.

Why are you getting so defensive over a list, anyways? =/

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Judging from the given, it looked like the person who posted the supposed roster was taking questions for a time. I don't know if he still is, but if so, he should be asked about:

A. Olimar's B-moves.
B. Olimar's Final Smash.

Asking these A.S.A.P. will - hopefully - yield a response. And within the next week, we'll hopefully have some grounds for credibility (i.e. an update that actually GIVES us some of Olimar's moveset).

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why, but this list looks pretty genuine to me. And I would like for it to be true; all of these characters look fun to play as. But I'll wait until the release date before I believe it without reservation.

I do note, however, that with most of the characters on the list being disputed, the argument typically goes along the lines of "I like character X a lot, and it would be awesome if character X were in, but character X just isn't popular enough." Popularity played a role in the process of building the roster, but the final Brawl roster will not solely be a popularity contest, especially one conducted amongst us losers at the Smash World Forums. If that were the case, Game and Watch and Ice Climbers wouldn't have made it into Melee, never mind Dr Mario, Pichu, Young Link, either FE representative, and so on. There is still ample room for those cult favorites we all secretly hope for.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
if that is it, (which for some reason I feel doubtful of)

i will cry.

tears of hatred.

I hate the inclusion of random characters.....even unpopular ones.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Judging from the given, it looked like the person who posted the supposed roster was taking questions for a time. I don't know if he still is, but if so, he should be asked about:

A. Olimar's B-moves.
B. Olimar's Final Smash.

Asking these A.S.A.P. will - hopefully - yield a response. And within the next week, we'll hopefully have some grounds for credibility (i.e. an update that actually GIVES us some of Olimar's moveset).
YEAH! Why hasn't anyone asked him how characters play? Somebody needs to to ask him a few failsafes, like Wario's moves or Ike's moves, and then move on to Olimar. If he avoids answering it we know he's a fake.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
if that is it, (which for some reason I feel doubtful of)

i will cry.

tears of hatred.

I hate the inclusion of random characters.....even unpopular ones.
Opens an empty vial. Yeeeeessss. I will harvest your tears and then the path to eternal life will be mine!!!

*laugh*

Seriously though, Sakurai is a pretty random person, it really shouldn't come as unexpected. I expect whatever teh final roster is, there will be at least one or two off the wall choices.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
I wouldnt mind one or two random ones, but some of the ones listed bothers me...

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I was starting to believe the roster, then I got to The person from Eternal Darkness.

No way anyone from Eternal Darkness would be able to get a 3rd party slot over Megaman, a Street Fighter character (Ryu probably would be the best), Sora, even Knuckles, Tails, Amy, and all other Sonic characters.

Plus, Ridley not being a character, making Star Fox have 3 Reps, but Metroid only 1, and Metroid being the third most popular 1st party franchise?

FAKE.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
It has Yoshi under the Mario series. If Yoshi was under Mario, what the hell is this thing for, and why has it been used multiple times?

It also has Ashley as playable, what next, Goomba playable? As well as some incredibly ridiculous "others" that are enough, alone, to totally disprove this list.

I call 100% fake on this.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Well that could just be someone trying to post quickly.

But Dr. Lobe? WTD?!

And Pokey and Porky are the same.

Arteen

Smash Lord
46 characters? No Mewtwo? 3 Mother reps, including Ness and especially Pokey? Deathborn? 2 fewer Zelda series reps than Melee (inc. transformations)? Only 2 Metroid reps (inc. transformations)? Alexia? Lobe? Alice? Takamaru? Rainman? Pac-man and Bomberman over Megaman? 4 third-party reps? No Isaac? This list is horrible. It's obviously fake.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It amazes me that people are actually defending this "leak"

this is the most obvious fake list, ever made.

Seriously, have any of you considered that ANYONE can be a "prophet"? There are TONS of gamefaqs trolls with too much free time who can slap together a list, and call it real. and this is the most obvious one yet.

STOP DEFENDING THESE TROLLS!!!! IF YOU BELIEVE THEM, MORE TROLLS WILL COME AND DO THE SAME.

heck, I could make a fake list, post it on gamefaqs, and everyone will believe me.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
This may be stupid but he lists Pikmin & Olimar as Cpt Olimar. Sure it doesn't confirm it fake, but makes it highly unlikely.

But then comes Rainman...Good bye crappy list.

cswright

Smash Apprentice
YEAH! Why hasn't anyone asked him how characters play? Somebody needs to to ask him a few failsafes, like Wario's moves or Ike's moves, and then move on to Olimar. If he avoids answering it we know he's a fake.
i straight up asked him for olimar info and he told me:

"The SS Dolphin is his Final Smash.

The colors of the Pikmin are all different strengths. So depending which color you pull, it effects the amount of damage given and the speed the move is performed. One even throws the enemy further."

we shall see.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/FForceSultan/

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
Inb4lock which should have occured 4 pages ago.

Fake. In case you hadn't noticed. I'm all for gems of the past, but the Pokey/Porky/ONE character from Metroid/fewer Zelda reps issues plaster a great big FAKE on this roster's metaphorical forehead. And shaved off it's eyebrows and chained it to a fence.

Top Bottom