• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The whole entire roster leaked(?) if so, spoilers.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
And the Ad-Homenim's begin! Where will this thread go? Will it reach the levels of the infamous club R.I.D.L.E.Y. or will the mods halt it in it's tracks before it becomes that unstopable juggernaut? Tune in next time!

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe this is the list but calm down about the whole Yoshi in the Mario section, if this does happen to be the real list then I'm sure it was a mistake.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
That list is horrible, it almost made me puke.

Seriously, this kind of crap gets ''leaked'', I've seen much better lists.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Well, if it counts for anything I posted this in the Rumor history thread and Serebii replied and said he thought it was probably fake.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
Honestly you people who bash this, and sneer at it, spouting stupid garbage, saying on how "bad" the list is. When will you be satisfied? We'll know everything in 15 days (or less). Just because someone who Is/isn't there doesn't make it fake, but due to know links, pictures, or official articles you can't call this real either.

As for my opinion on the roster itself, I personally like it, though I find Mewtwo coming out of a pokeball a bit degrading, but w/e.
And if Ashley is a playable character, that would be most excellent, why people bash the wario ware series today I don't know, its an excellent franchise.

So believe what you want to believe attempt to debunk what you want, the truth shall come soon, and you can all make yourselves feel good when you find out you were right/wrong about something.

~Newtwarrior

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It is fake imo because:

The people who made animal crossing said they made an animal crossing character for the game and this list does not say so.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
You know, Nintendo did just release Star Tropics for the virtual console....

But still, this the other problem with the list is that MetaKnight is listed as a secret character....

Really? I know being on the cover of the game does not count since Pokemon Trainer is and being in the demo does not count towards him being on the starting roster.....

But he was one of the first characters introduced with Brawl, I think it would be really unusual for him to not be a starter.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
46 characters is a little hard for me to swallow. I no doubt want a bunch of characters to play as, but 46 just seems waaay too large of a number. Plus, a lot of the mentioned characters aren't all that likely, in my opinion. Pokey? Alexia? Dr. Lobe!? I don't know about that... :p

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
46 characters, none of them clones, some old characters getting retuning as well. From 64 to Melee we got, what, 6 or 7 new movesets and 12 new characters when you count clones. Now we get a boost from 18/19 unique movesets to 46. This game is huge, has had a larger team/longer development time and some of the work has already been done with Melee AFAIK. But fudge me this roster is hizzuge.

From an increase in six/seven new movesets to an increase of 28/27. There is awesomesauce and then there is a-w-e-s-o-m-e-s-a-u-c-e. This fails on being so good anyone would like it to be true.

I can make my own fantasies about Brawl's roster. I refuse to get giddy over someone else's...

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You people are so messed up, I don't understand why none of you are receiving therapy...

1) There is no reason why this list is fake. None. Period. This list has a very good chance of being the real deal (lol, what a joke. NOTHING CAN BE CONFIRMED SO IT'S POINTLESS TO TALK ABOUT IT.).

2) The reason why some people say it's fake is so ***-backwards and ****ed up amazes me.

3) Just shut up, wait 15 days, and then drool over how amazing this game is going to be.

My personal comments: Brawl will have a lot of wtf characters. Period. Who the hell wanted G&W, IC's, and Pichu? Seriously, who wanted them? This list is awesome, you're all ********, accusing you of being ******** for posting puts an intentional lie to my post, making it ironic and contradictory. Huzzah t3h intern3tz.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Three Kirby characters from the get-go kinda spoils this one for me.

Oh by the way, there's stickers of playable characters, too. You can't use that as a debunker
But they are from characters that have been showen before to be playable, so yes you can.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
So has Kirby. . .?

Not to mention Ike, Wario and DK.

And ok, so it has less reps, just take away the clones, add geno to the Mario list and there you go.

Would you rather heaps of mario reps or these unique retro characters that Sakurai is into?
Why would Sakurai show a character that first as a sticker then showing use that he/she/it is playable first, would not. YOU FAIL.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
2) The reason why some people say it's fake is so ***-backwards and ****ed up amazes me.
You can't say something like that without supporting your thought. It just makes you seem immature. And I am sure you aren't.... are you?

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
You people are so messed up, I don't understand why none of you are receiving therapy...

1) There is no reason why this list is fake. None. Period. This list has a very good chance of being the real deal (lol, what a joke. NOTHING CAN BE CONFIRMED SO IT'S POINTLESS TO TALK ABOUT IT.).

3) Just shut up, wait 15 days, and then drool over how amazing this game is going to be.

My personal comments: Brawl will have a lot of wtf characters. Period. Who the hell wanted G&W, IC's, and Pichu? Seriously, who wanted them? This list is awesome, you're all ********, accusing you of being ******** for posting puts an intentional lie to my post, making it ironic and contradictory. Huzzah t3h intern3tz.
^That argument works for both sides...
10characters in brawl

Edit: Use the nully hypothisis therom, all leaks are false until proven true, or all leaks are true until proven false. Only one of those two works, can you guess which one?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman

Using "********" as an insult is rude and solid fail.

1. There is no reason that it is true either, but it simply is too large. It's the quantity, not the obscurity of the characters, that bother me.

2. You could be right here - not everyone may be arguing against this roster with sound logic.

3. You are not following your own advice, why should anyone else?

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
If Ashley made it into Brawl, I would study game programming enough so that I could hack into my copy and remove her.

I don't believe this one bit, and it's funny that the ones who do believe think they hold the monopoly on rationality in this thread.

Newtwarrior

Smash Cadet
If Ashley made it into Brawl, I would study game programming enough so that I could hack into my copy and remove her.

I don't believe this one bit, and it's funny that the ones who do believe think they hold the monopoly on rationality in this thread.
of course you would, because you hate ashley with a passion she killed your parents.
:psycho:

See this is what I mean.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Who can even think this is real?

Ashley? Mike Jones? Dr Lobe? No Ridley? Alexia Rovias (Epic fail)? Deathborne? Pokey in a spider mech? Five third parties? Alice the Balloon Kid over Balloon Fighter? Don't make me LAUGH!

Please, this is FAKE! None of that shit has a chance and apparently any of us can be prophets these days, you people are so gullible.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Using "********" as an insult is rude and solid fail.

1. There is no reason that it is true either, but it simply is too large. It's the quantity, not the obscurity of the characters, that bother me.

2. You could be right here - not everyone may be arguing against this roster with sound logic.

3. You are not following your own advice, why should anyone else?
Yeah. That list is WAY to large. And besides, it's the character's move and ownage that counts!
:laugh:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
*looks at list*

How in the world did he think anyone could take that seriously? The Zelda character count went down, while the Mother one nearly matches it (I assume he still thinks Sheik is in, even if he didn't list it) Heck, look at the Metroid series. With all of its advancements, it's losing out to the three game Mother franchise, and also the Wario, F-Zero, and others like that.

Additionally, all of these random obscure characters make the thing was to unbelievable. Sure we will have one or two, but not that many. (Obscure characters don't have many fans, and thus there has to be limits)

:034:

Smash Hero
Two F-Zero characters... And One Metroid.

The Zelda character count going down.

No Mewtwo.

Ness, I can live with it... Pokey? Seriously, what?

Mike... Jones?

What?

If it was real, I wouldn't be happy. I highly doubt it due to the large amount of third parties and TWO F-Zero characters (seriously, what?).

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
This list is full of BS.

Why do people take this seriously? ANYONE can come up with this and reason why he has leaked information.

People are so gullible. >_>

Damax

Smash Lord
Pac-Man's move set: UP b = special dot eater
forward B = ghost eater
down B = floor eater
normal B = charged eater

jab= munch
tilts = chew
smash = JAWS

okay guys, you know that this guy obviously fails, part of it might be true but many fails like pacman and ashley.

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
Mike Jones from Star Tropics!? I mean really....who played that game?

But yeah, the list full o' crap. There were no new Mario characters at all, it was also lacking everyone's favorite blue bomber...

pud22

Smash Apprentice
very skeptical...i dont buy it. there's no sheik and why did he put MK as unlockable?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
These seem unlikely...

10.Ashley - (Secret)

19.Lucario- (Secret)

25.Pokey- (Secret) "Is in a small spider mech"

27. Deathborn - (Secret)

These, I support.

35.Mike Jones - (Secret) - "Star Tropics"

39.Alice- (Secret) "Balloon Kid"

41.Takamaru - (Secret)

These... I don't know who they are.

38.Dr. Lobe - "Big Brain Academy AND Brain Age"

42.Rainman- (Secret) "Hanafuda"

Some are plain weird. Some are weird but can adjust themselves nicely to SSE roles, and uniqueness.

While Balloon Fighter has uniqueness, he lacks a personality, and a role in SSE. If every character gets a role in SSE, chances are Alice will get over BF. If not all characters get a SSE story, chances are we'll see the original one.

Takamaru and Mike. It'd be too awesome to be true. So awesome, Brawl would have to be released in two discs, just so all the awesomeness could fit into the game.

As for the ones I think that aren't very likely... I think they aren't very likely.

Now, can I have a source for this please?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mike Jones from Star Tropics!? I mean really....who played that game?

But yeah, the list full o' crap. There were no new Mario characters at all, it was also lacking everyone's favorite blue bomber...
I have, many people have, and now even MORE people will.

IGN has played it, and their reviews, along with EVERY other review I've come across in the internet, says the game is awesome.

-------

This list has some win in it, just for the sake of having thrown a lot of originality in it (even if I don't like it, it's rare to see Deathborne in a roster).
I despise seeing the same rosters over and over again.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr. Geno
Link, Zelda Sheik, WW Link, Ganondorf, Vaati
Pikachu, PT, Mewtwo, Jiggs, Lucario
Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Dark Samus.... yada yada yada.. Wonder how many of you were forced to cross out Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Tom Nook, Deoxis, (among others) from your rosters.

lol That's what happens when people follow popularity fads blindly.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
mike jones isn't ridiculous: star tropics just got released for virtual console liek a week ago...

dunno if i beleive thsi roster at all yet but just saying.

Top Bottom