• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The whole entire roster leaked(?) if so, spoilers.

Athos

Smash Cadet
Well I read his blog and well....as a skeptic....I actually think this has a possibility of being true. Why? Because if he's a fake, he's an incredible liar. He has an incredible amount of information on his blog and most of it seems, well, possible. Most people didn't believe when the melee roster was leaked. But this seems to be the kind of Roster I would expect from Sakurai, and there are so many details, little details at that, that I think he may have actually played the game and is reporting it to us. Most people though didn't believe Game and Watch was in melee and..welll..the WTF factor is certainly prevalent on this list.

I also think that some Metroid fans are speaking with their heart instead of their mind. Frankly, the Metriod series isn't that popular in Japan, and I think it's perfectly understandable that Ridley is a Boss.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Pokey and Porky are the same person; one's just the NA translation in Earthbound. So why are BOTH listed, and as seperate people?

Um... No. Just no.

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
I think this is fake because it was released the day a new character was announced. The reason for this is so there is the maximum ammount of time for the rumor to spread. If this is posted on a random day there is a chance the next day a new character is announced and all that time wasted and the joke is off.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Pokey, Deathborn and only two FE reps make me skeptical. Pacman, and those ten-ish single characters at the bottom really make me think fake though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Ness. Unless Ninten magically makes an appearance, Lucas is the stand alone Mother rep.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ashley alone proves it fake.

Everybody can throw this one out the window, it's false.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that's why Ridley is the most requested newcomer character there is...
Yeah, but that's just a massive amount of people who share the same opinion. And that's all it is. Just because everyone else wants him in, doesn't mean I'm going to just jump on the bandwagon to fit in. Besides, you can't possibly tell me that my opinion here is wrong. That is in fact impossible since it's an opinion, which by the way is how someone feels about something. To tell them that their opinion is wrong is to tell them that they do not feel that way. If they do in fact feel what you say they do not, then you are so wrong, and are such a fool.

I wouldn't mind Ridley, but honestly I don't think he's that cool. In fact I think he's quite a boring character. But yet again that's just my opinion. He's too flashy for me, very tacky, very generic, no personality, no motive for his evil... he almost fails as a character in my opinion.

I think it's ridiculous. You may not, and neither may 90% of the people on this forum. But you cannot tell me that I am wrong for thinking that Ridley is too much to ask for.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why are people calling it fake because of Pacman? He has a lot of potential for both a retro representative and third party, plus, he was in Mario Kart, really Pacman shouldn't surprise anyone if he was in, and really didn't you see Alexandra Roivas? I insist, that is the primary reason to tell this is fake, Eternal Darkness didn't sell well, it doesn't deserve representation at all, specially when more important characters have become AT's, even Mike Jones has more chance than Alexandra and that doesn't say much either.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
We don't know yet. Just remember detail proves nothing, nin10dough had obscene knowledge and innovation when it came to Nintendo, but now with the Multi-Man Brawl, there is consistent logical proof against him. I personally like this list quite a bit, but the extreme long shot nature built into it raises major questions.

deathborn00

Smash Apprentice
i don't believe this guy at all, he says every character has an alternate costume. and the costumes he says they have are kinda ridiculous

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
There, I made a comment asking for direct proof (and why he couldn't take pictures), so a Dojo move update should be able to prove or debunk his claims and get this over with.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Yeah, but that's just a massive amount of people who share the same opinion. And that's all it is. Just because everyone else wants him in, doesn't mean I'm going to just jump on the bandwagon to fit in. Besides, you can't possibly tell me that my opinion here is wrong. That is in fact impossible since it's an opinion, which by the way is how someone feels about something. To tell them that their opinion is wrong is to tell them that they do not feel that way. If they do in fact feel what you say they do not, then you are so wrong, and are such a fool.

I wouldn't mind Ridley, but honestly I don't think he's that cool. In fact I think he's quite a boring character. But yet again that's just my opinion. He's too flashy for me, very tacky, very generic, no personality, no motive for his evil... he almost fails as a character in my opinion.

I think it's ridiculous. You may not, and neither may 90% of the people on this forum. But you cannot tell me that I am wrong for thinking that Ridley is too much to ask for.
As if the only thing Ridley had going for him was popularity. He is the most recognizeable character in the Metroid series after Samus, and basically the Ganondorf/Bowser of it. He is extremely important. Ridley does not depend on popularity at all. He's a shoe-in both ways, really. It seems that every series that isn't retro or 3rd party will get a villain in as representative, and I'm sure Ridley will be that representative for Metroid.
He *is* named after the guy that inspired the entire Metroid series, not to mention is responsible for Samus becoming a bounty hunter to begin with. The only reason why I thought he didn't make it into Melee considering that he was resized to what would be considered PC sizing, was because of difficulty with the animation. In fact, just look at the trophy a bit and you'll realize that it's clearly unfinished and thus supportive of the theory.

As for having no motive for his actions... have you actually looked a bit into the game? His entire species was eliminated. If that's not motive I don't know what is, and it certainly gives him more personality than Ganondorf who just wants to conquer cause his mom didn't hug him as a baby. Though I do admit that giving Ridley more personality in the games is something I would like to see. Then again, look at all the protagonists; none of them seem to have much of a personality if at all.

The only way I don't see Ridley getting in (nothing is 100% guaranteed) is if he's too much hard work to integrate, and with all the time and people working on this game that chance is close to nill.

There's a real difference between you thinking how something should be and how something will be. Though I do agree that on these boards many members are very black-white on opinions. It's just immaturity that they will grow out of eventually.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they take out any of the characters from melee, no matter how crappy they were, I will be seriously upset.
Well then, your going to be upset...It was already confirmed not all will be returning

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
It's all true, He couldn't come up with all this random stuff, and if this was not true, the guy's a genius anyways, so if I fell into this lie I would give him huge props.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
*claps* this has to be the biggest and most ill-informed pile of steaming lies i've ever seen, does this guy even read the Dojo? why are the boards even hosting this board, it's time for a wipe-out of useless debris.

now i must shower, for i smell of mis-truth

Machete

Smash Ace

In fact, you must read the whole Metroid manga to understand Ridley's awesomeness; because in the manga, Ridley has a great personality, better than Samus'.

But, even if you haven't read the manga, Ridley is a freaking plasma-breathing pirate dragon. That's awesome, even if he hasn't a personality.

He's also the most important character after Samus herself. He created her.

But, I understand you. In the games, he's only another big enemy (the most awesome one IMO, but yeah, only a big enemy). But he's the MOST recurring enemy.

Ridley must be in Brawl. (Yeah, I'm a big Ridley supporter, but I'm trying to be unbiased). Metroid is now a huge series, and Ridley is the second most important, popular and recognizable character. He's also a villain, his series NEEDS representation... Maybe you don't like Ridley, but he's a must.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Kirby gets villains - Samus gets villain. Come on, really, just because Ridley is sometimes hizzuge it doesn't mean he can't be scaled (hurrr) down for Brawl... Ridley would be much more appreciated as a PC than as a big, mighty but otherwise unseen boss like that big Pokémon. And what about Bowser with the trophy gun when DK and Diddy find the bananas? The player will probably fight Bowser but said lizard is still a PC as well. I can see Ridley having the same roles.

But. The Melee roster was also disbeleived up until the end for being weird and disappointing in some aspects. It's an old argument but it stands. Plus, the Metroid series is kinda taking a small hiatus with the end of a Prime trilogy, and if Roy and Marth are anything to go by some characters are included as speaheads of franchises that soon will have games released.

Once again, it is worthy of attention but it is best to not get worked up - if these people are a bunch of f**kwursts one shouldn't give them blood on the tongue and let them win.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
FForceSultan said:
I did not see SNAKES! But I did see Zelda's final smash! which was awesome. She summons the 3 gods of Hyrule who whisp across the screen and form a triforce. If you are caught in the middle of the 3 triforces, SAY "GOODBYE"
This is what FFS said Zelda's final smash is.

And this is what the Final Smash actually is.

I see no mention of Light arrows in his post and I see no Gods in that screenshot.

FFS has some serious explaining to do if he wants to remain credible, because after this and his alt costume list (where according to him Wario isn't that special), he's starting to sound like a huge fake.

Top Bottom