• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The when to question...

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Few specific questions.

Position wise when do you use each of his off the edge attacks. Fair, Dair, Recovery spike, Diddy Hump.

I have a hard time choosing which one to use and when. And tips?

ALSO when is it a good time to pull the second banana becuase i noticed if you pull it at thewrong point in a match you opponent can gain use of one of bananas and cause some trouble.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
if they are recovering from below the stage i will run off into an fair, if they are kind of in line with the stage i run off into the hump, and above i'll try to jump to dair them.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
the over b and after you latch on you press jump. it might also refer to pressing attack after or just doing his over b in general too, but i'm not sure.

haha my second is pokemon and i played luigi in melee. (fantomkitsune's avatar and sig.)

Player-1

Smash Legend
if they are recovering from below the stage i will run off into an fair, if they are kind of in line with the stage i run off into the hump, and above i'll try to jump to dair them.

Mines kinda the exact oposite, i fair when they're high, dair when they're low, barrel spike when they are coming from vertical movement, and diddy hump when recovering ( i purposely try and diddy hump them when recovering, not so much for edgeguarding)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I always go for the Diddy Hump. It's too awesome, that moment of realization where they realize you will live and they will die.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
i pull out bananas in the very begining of the match. i short hop away from the opponent while pulling them out to so your not just a sitting duck. when i have both of them out i make sure to keep both of them in my control. I combo using them by glidin to the other one and if im not going to use it in my next few attack i toss it strait up so they can just walk up to an open banana. Some times they will get hit by the falling banana. also when they die i get rid of the old ones and get fresh ones.....no one wants an old banana...

If the person your playin against is really good at getting ahold of your bananas i only use one so it wont get to be too much of a problem.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
i pull out bananas in the very begining of the match. i short hop away from the opponent while pulling them out to so your not just a sitting duck. when i have both of them out i make sure to keep both of them in my control. I combo using them by glidin to the other one and if im not going to use it in my next few attack i toss it strait up so they can just walk up to an open banana. Some times they will get hit by the falling banana. also when they die i get rid of the old ones and get fresh ones.....no one wants an old banana...

If the person your playin against is really good at getting ahold of your bananas i only use one so it wont get to be too much of a problem.
Aye, yeah i know what you mean. My freind became pro at catching **** cus of diddy. Also i have a habit of throwing a naner at a running opponent only to get it caught in a run attack.zZz

Thanks for the tips, i do some similar things... i also glide toss them down some times when im next to them so it chucks em under their feet. I just need to work on keeping them in my control.

IDK

Smash Lord
i use the barrel spike when its too dangerous and they are too far down to do a dair, which would cause my death. in this case you recover as you kill them. diddy hump (sideb) spike i use when to the side and they're trying to spike or we're both recovering. dair i use for everything else. i pull both bananas almost at the same time. pull one... roll... pull the other... pick it up, glide toss to the next, pick it up, glide toss, smash. =win.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
i use the barrel spike when its too dangerous and they are too far down to do a dair, which would cause my death. in this case you recover as you kill them. diddy hump (sideb) spike i use when to the side and they're trying to spike or we're both recovering. dair i use for everything else. i pull both bananas almost at the same time. pull one... roll... pull the other... pick it up, glide toss to the next, pick it up, glide toss, smash. =win.
this is what i do

Scala

Smash Ace
Aye, yeah i know what you mean. My freind became pro at catching **** cus of diddy. Also i have a habit of throwing a naner at a running opponent only to get it caught in a run attack.zZz
If I'm holding a banana and we are both dashing at each other, depending on my intuition, I usually jump and z-drop the banana. He'll run right under and get pegged. You drop down, pick it up and glide-toss it into him and smash him. He's toast.

People never z-drop nearly enough. It's the best mind-gaming you can do and increases banana fluidity in your game.

Top Bottom