• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy I made it that far using him(Male Wii Fit <3 ) Sadly non of my matches(besides vs Dabuz) were steamed because they were only streaming matches from popular and well known players.

Played against many Luigis and Marios in Pool 1. Got 1st in it.

Pool 2 I got sent into losers by FOW. Was 2-0,but both matches were pretty close. Played against a custom DK(ugh), but I beat him. Played against a very good King Dedede who's PR'd in another region. Had to play against one of my good friends(he's the best Link in SoCal). Finally, I played against DKwill in losers finals for a spot in Top 32. I won 2-0 :D

I really wish my other matches were streamed, but sadly they weren't.

You beat DK freaking Will and they didn't stream it!? I'm.....argh. I need to take a Deep Breath before a Jumbo Hoop somebody.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm happy I made it that far using him(Male Wii Fit <3 ) Sadly non of my matches(besides vs Dabuz) were steamed because they were only streaming matches from popular and well known players.
Where would one watch it now? (the match with Dabuz)

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
You beat DK freaking Will and they didn't stream it!? I'm.....argh. I need to take a Deep Breath before a Jumbo Hoop somebody.
I'm not a huge name like the other 31 players, so they just put my match as a regular one. People were extremely shocked about the outcome.

To the other comments. DKwill only used custom DK. Chibo told me the video will be uploaded soon. My tag used for stream was Wii Twerk Trainer.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I'm not a huge name like the other 31 players, so they just put my match as a regular one. People were extremely shocked about the outcome.

To the other comments. DKwill only used custom DK. Chibo told me the video will be uploaded soon. My tag used for stream was Wii Twerk Trainer.
Not sure why people were shocked. Custom WFT has the tools to reasonably deal with every character except for Sheik who remains generally the same as debatable. Numbers has also done fantastic against Will everytime they've met in tourney and you've proved yourself a strong player as well.

Anyway, congrats on top 32! Can't wait to see the video.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not sure why people were shocked. Custom WFT has the tools to reasonably deal with every character except for Sheik who remains generally the same as debatable. Numbers has also done fantastic against Will everytime they've met in tourney and you've proved yourself a strong player as well.

Wii Fit is pretty underrated in general. I guess her biggest problem is range, lackluster air game and rarely any great follow ups but she's incredibly fun and one of my favorites.

But she would be great on teams especially with that F-Smash and F-Tilt

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wii Fit is pretty underrated in general. I guess her biggest problem is range, lackluster air game and rarely any great follow ups but she's incredibly fun and one of my favorites.

"rarely any great follow-ups" "lackluster aerials"

Nair follows up to jab, ftilt, utilt, nair, bair, fair, uair, and header. Uthrow to uair. The back hit of ftilt combos into uair.

She has a really strong bair. Uair is a great and fast juggling move that kills p early. Her bair is extremely strong. dair is a spike.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
"rarely any great follow-ups" "lackluster aerials"

Nair follows up to jab, ftilt, utilt, nair, bair, fair, uair, and header. Uthrow to uair. The back hit of ftilt combos into uair.

She has a really strong bair. Uair is a great and fast juggling move that kills p early. Her bair is extremely strong. dair is a spike.
I meant more so her fair and how naive is the best one really.

She has great tool but her tools aren't as deadly as the rest. Especially her up throw which is probably not that great aside from racking up damage

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I meant more so her fair and how naive is the best one really.

She has great tool but her tools aren't as deadly as the rest. Especially her up throw which is probably not that great aside from racking up damage
Her fair is great, it is great after a ledge drop due to the angle and you can just walk off the stage and spike with the foot.

Her only problems are lack of range and not being able to hit short characters or people crouching.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Her fair is great, it is great after a ledge drop due to the angle and you can just walk off the stage and spike with the foot.

Her only problems are lack of range and not being able to hit short characters or people crouching.
Except for her down smash which has awful range and is slow as ever

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not to mention it's awful damage. A fully charged dsmash does 14%.
Yeah that move is just pure trash
But I find it surprising using it with roll spamming that it's effective for that but for an actual kill move, it's awful in every way.

But atleast it's not her Up-Smash aka HER BEST KILL MOVE HAVING A HITBOX SO SMALL ANYONE CAN AVOID IT EASILY

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
But I find it surprising using it with roll spamming that it's effective for that but for an actual kill move, it's awful in every way.

But atleast it's not her Up-Smash aka HER BEST KILL MOVE HAVING A HITBOX SO SMALL ANYONE CAN AVOID IT EASILY
but her usmash has a set up into it. Also airdodge baits and platforms and landing traps

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69

Thanks a bunch! I just wanted to rep Wii Fit well. Personally Sheik becomes easy for me with customs on.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Thanks a bunch! I just wanted to rep Wii Fit well. Personally Sheik becomes easy for me with customs on.
You did that man, so no worries. Two Wii Fits in top 32! You're being talked about quite a bit so make sure if we haven't already done it, you're name dropping yourself too~

Also give us some tips on Sheik if you get some time. The MU doesn't change much for me, and Numbers agrees for the most part, but I also know we both don't change many specials out either. We've all also got very different styles so a perspective change will be really good. I've been thinking to experiment with huge header just so she has to deal with it and steady for those early percent combo denials. I also want to try a more hit and run style out to see how she deals with having to deal with a character she can't needle camp as easily or keep up with her damage output/kill potential.

I personally think default!WFT's biggest issue is her approach. Her range isn't too far off from other brawler archetypes if she doesn't flat out beat some characters out, but there's a lack of synergy between her ranged moves that causes them to be either high risk or low reward on approach. These same issues carry over into her disadvantage which results in people overblowing her difficulty in landing.

She has pretty much everything you said she didn't and in fact probably has some of the strongest options in those area, but it comes down to the ease of access that makes it seem like she doesn't.

Also to note, dsmash is her worst move by far, but it has it's uses here and there. I've also got some things I want to experiment on that might make it more useful for us.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You did that man, so no worries. Two Wii Fits in top 32! You're being talked about quite a bit so make sure if we haven't already done it, you're name dropping yourself too~

Also give us some tips on Sheik if you get some time. The MU doesn't change much for me, and Numbers agrees for the most part, but I also know we both don't change many specials out either. We've all also got very different styles so a perspective change will be really good. I've been thinking to experiment with huge header just so she has to deal with it and steady for those early percent combo denials. I also want to try a more hit and run style out to see how she deals with having to deal with a character she can't needle camp as easily or keep up with her damage output/kill potential.

I personally think default!WFT's biggest issue is her approach. Her range isn't too far off from other brawler archetypes if she doesn't flat out beat some characters out, but there's a lack of synergy between her ranged moves that causes them to be either high risk or low reward on approach. These same issues carry over into her disadvantage which results in people overblowing her difficulty in landing.

She has pretty much everything you said she didn't and in fact probably has some of the strongest options in those area, but it comes down to the ease of access that makes it seem like she doesn't.

Also to note, dsmash is her worst move by far, but it has it's uses here and there. I've also got some things I want to experiment on that might make it more useful for us.

Down Smash is bad but that isn't her worst move.

That my friend is Down Tilt, a movie to useless that it's an unsafe move that isn't worth anything

But I do agree on her approach options. FTilt is okay but only works for Spacing and her dash attack is just a worst version of Mario's. Atleast her F-Smash is devastating as hell. Wish it had the same frame data as :4littlemac: so it can be used with little to no lag

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Dtilt comes out on frame 10, does good shield push/damage, 12% on hit (2 more than dsmash) and can be used out of crawl without the cstick. This makes it good for OoS punishes against short characters that would avoid everything else while recovering, decent out of rtacc, pretty good from jab when you just want to put on percent, and functions relatively well as an option select for spotdodge.

It's also a good angle for header use, can hit below the stage to punish 1 frame ledge vulnerability, and has one of the comparably larger hitboxes on a move of it's speed. It's not the best in out arsenal, but don't sleep on it, there's a lot of good there and a lot more we can probably discover.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Down Smash is bad but that isn't her worst move.

That my friend is Down Tilt, a movie to useless that it's an unsafe move that isn't worth anything
I won't claim to be a particularly great player, but I do find more use for d-tilt than I do for u-tilt. Rightly or wrongly, u-tilt is the move I use the least.

D-smash and d-tilt can both be used on grounded opponents at times, although I'm sure there are better options (especially if you have memorized which moves hit which grounded characters... d-tilt won't whiff someone for being too low though). At high percentages, d-smash on a grounded opponent can be a decent KO option, especially near the edge and against characters with weaker recoveries like C Falcon. The knockback angle on d-smash is probably its best quality. But I'll admit that I'm not close to mastering the art of getting u-smashes out of jab-grounding which should get me KOs earlier than d-smash.

It could be that me not finding uses for u-tilt is just because I don't try it enough since I have a habit of not using u-tilt as much as I should with other characters (and playing as Mega Man a lot doesn't help, since with him you don't want to throw it out frequently).

Last edited:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
There will be a Wii Fit $100 MM Mirror at my local on Saturday starting around 6pm EST. I might commentate, should be hype. I'll link the stream later, but I'm sure it's www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive. Whoever wins is owner of the GYM, lol.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
But I'll admit that I'm not close to mastering the art of getting u-smashes out of jab-grounding which should get me KOs earlier than d-smash.

It could be that me not finding uses for u-tilt is just because I don't try it enough since I have a habit of not using u-tilt as much as I should with other characters (and playing as Mega Man a lot doesn't help, since with him you don't want to throw it out frequently).
Have you seen this thread yet? It might help with getting those usmashes out of grounding.

Utilt is secretly amazing. No real fault for not using it as we're all growing, learning and doing our best to push her meta. Like I only recently started exploring soft fair combos, but iirc Fancykong had already mentioned them a while back.

More on utilt though, this move is crazy good as an anti air.Comes out on frame5 and will beat or trade with pretty much every attack that can be dropped on you. Like you'd think attacks like Rosalina and Robin's large disjointed dairs would beat it, but it just clanks them out and leaves you free to punish-- while you'd expect things like Yoshi and Bowser's downB's to wreck it when they lose lol. Most likely her hands always have some type of invulnerability on them due to usmash (surprisingly, lot of her moves have a small disjoint on them at the hands).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I did see that, but I've been in the midst of moving and procrastinated setting up new internet, so now I have a week until I'll have a high speed connection.

tl;dr I haven't been playing much in the past couple weeks and can't play online right now (and I don't have any friends in the area good enough to play me offline and enjoy it...).

I guess I could set up my TV and go into training mode/CPUs...
Utilt is secretly amazing. No real fault for not using it as we're all growing, learning and doing our best to push her meta. Like I only recently started exploring soft fair combos, but iirc Fancykong had already mentioned them a while back.

More on utilt though, this move is crazy good as an anti air.Comes out on frame5 and will beat or trade with pretty much every attack that can be dropped on you. Like you'd think attacks like Rosalina and Robin's large disjointed dairs would beat it, but it just clanks them out and leaves you free to punish-- while you'd expect things like Yoshi and Bowser's downB's to wreck it when they lose lol. Most likely her hands always have some type of invulnerability on them due to usmash (surprisingly, lot of her moves have a small disjoint on them at the hands).
Hmm, I'll have to try it out more.

But I take it from the fact that you didn't mention it that it doesn't have many uses against a grounded (as in non-airborne) opponent...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man, last night I was truly struggling with the Peach match up.

Also anything else happening?

Robert Lee

Smash Apprentice
Any one have any tips how to battle luigi? Seems like a tough match for wii fit trainer especially though deadly aerials of luigi's attack and his down throw combo.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Hmm. So during some basic testing I found out that all hands and feet in this game (regardless of their size) do not have hurtboxes attached to them. This means every character with hands and feet (RIP jiggly and kirby) have disjoints of some kind including WFT.

This confirms disjoint theory on utilt, but also extends to the rest of our moveset. The only noticeably large disjoints however are utilt and uair.

I believe this may make dsmash a great landing trap with immaculate spacing.

I'm also fairly certain the very edges on heads (and by extension a small part of header) is disjointed. Should be interesting to see where this leads us.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody noticed like around 20-40% after performing an U-Tilt you can always powersheild a 3 frame aerial Ex (Mario,Luigi,Yoshi,Shiek Nairs.)?

They could always escape with a jump but it does lead to a decent 50/50.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ John12346 John12346 you're gonna continue to use WiiFit in default environments too right? I don't think I've actually seen you're WiiFit.
Has anybody noticed like around 20-40% after performing an U-Tilt you can always powersheild a 3 frame aerial?

I notice that they either try to punish or airdodge after a Uair, I just shield grab.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm gonna ask this here, right now

Has anyone ever played the actual Wii Fit game? Balance Board and all

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
@ John12346 John12346 you're gonna continue to use WiiFit in default environments too right?
Actually, yes. I was planning on it even before the update gave her all of those supplements, so to say.

I actually played it(the Wii version) for a few days in a row during the Wii U era. I might've continued running with it if it wasn't such a hassle to set the darn thing up (Gotta get to the Wii Menu, and have a Wiimote and Nunchuck, and pull the Balance Board out, AND make sure everything's good on battery) when I could just go outside and run, or do goofy looking stretches without having to turn the game on, or use my weighted hula hoop, etc.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Has anybody noticed like around 20-40% after performing an U-Tilt you can always powersheild a 3 frame aerial Ex (Mario,Luigi,Yoshi,Shiek Nairs.)?

This is probably the KBG buff in action, I've been noticing a lot of basic combos and punishes that are way more lenient now.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
I actually used to play it a lot. At one point I was only .5 away from a perfect 50/50 posture. The only bad part about it was the meditation mini game. Smash can never hope to match the levels of salt that game gave me.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Can anyone else clank out Rosa's dair with utilt?

Luigi Player is saying her dair's disjointed but I'm definitely stopping it at every distance the hitbox is active getting a little bubble to show that the hitbox on her dair is still there on my 3DS.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Not Luma but the actual halo that comes from Rosalina's legs.

I'm standing under the battlefield platform and having my friend dair through it so I can utilt.
I go into a clash animation.

Does this happen for Peach? And more importantly am I the only one getting this on WFT?

Top Bottom