• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
Unfortunately it was off stream. The actual tournament however had JTails going Wii Fit (and losing to Keitaro's Diddy). Which should be uploaded by Clash Tournaments
So wft is jtails secondary? That's great. Is Jtails good with wft?

RoosGrill

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not, but if you quickly air dodge into the opposite direction in the middle of using Header on the ground, you can kinda fake out your opponent, or hit the ball with a forward smash or dash attack for an upward angle.

Last edited:

Jtails

Smash Lord
So wft is jtails secondary? That's great. Is Jtails good with wft?
She is indeed my secondary, however I still think I need a lot of work with her. Haven't played her much since they made her air dodge lag 22 frames. I was also using her more with custom Heavy Ball. But yeah I need to put more time with her on WiiU version, I'm not through with her yet!

In regards to my set, I should have just stayed Diddy Kong.

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
Oh yeah, my WFT amiibo's almost capped out.
Mine's up to 42. I was hoping she might show off some interesting tricks the regular CPU doesn't, but no luck yet. I'm still beating it more often than not. Her training has only been 1v1 against me (maybe that's the problem). About 75% WFT and 25% ZSS.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I just fell in love with the Wii Fit Trainer...

Oh well, It was only a matter of time, though. I mean I do use my Wii Fit almost every day to keep track of my weight. /embarrasing

Anyways, what's the best thing about WFT? WHy, how about humping the floor by ducking and gently pressing the stick into the direction you face! No jumping pushup, just a gentle hump-de-hump

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
Did you guys see the trailer for the smash bros wii u invitational on Clash Tournaments YouTube chanel.
When they were introducing the competitors, the competitors had a picture and a pic of of their main and who they're probably gonna use in their pic and there was Anti and that had Wii Fit Trainer.
I haven't seen his wii fit trainer in a few months and I'm looking forward to his improvement to see if he learned new ATs or have new tricks and combos

KiteSC

Smash Cadet
Screw all the other threads, the only proper debut I need to make is here.

Name: KiteSC
Talents: Playing trumpet. Passably editing video.
Dislikes: People that can't math. Doing a lot of inputs. Bugs.
Goals: Git gud. Finish grad school. Get career job.
Other facts: You'll almost never catch me playing online smash. Or any online fighting game. Mostly cuz of ****ty internet.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I just fell in love with the Wii Fit Trainer...

Oh well, It was only a matter of time, though. I mean I do use my Wii Fit almost every day to keep track of my weight. /embarrasing

Anyways, what's the best thing about WFT? WHy, how about humping the floor by ducking and gently pressing the stick into the direction you face! No jumping pushup, just a gentle hump-de-hump
Speaking of crouching, why do I never see players crouch under projectiles or hitboxes? It's a quite underutilized mechanic imo.

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
People do it's just hard to utilize it in a match since most people are rush down it work's on some rare cases for EX ZSS dash attack wiffs if you crouch.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I have two available 3DSs and copies of SSB4. Since I'm considering creating a data thread like the one I have in the Zelda boards for WFT, I can make us a pretty chart of what moves WFT can crouch-dodge. :p

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I have two available 3DSs and copies of SSB4. Since I'm considering creating a data thread like the one I have in the Zelda boards for WFT, I can make us a pretty chart of what moves WFT can crouch-dodge. :p
I'll have to do some testing on the Wii U version as well to see if the data corroborates between consoles.

I've been meaning to do this for some time but never managed to get around to it. I do know it's a large amount of moves since I'd troll people with it and end up dodging things unexpectedly. It feels pretty good to be o the other end of grab whiffing. :]

God speed to you both.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I know for a fact that the duck whiffs ZSS's Side tilt and smash, dash, neutral and forward special, and her grab.

I just had a ZSS main friend of mine get aggravated trying those moves out and failing.

Diabolique

Smash Cadet
Sooooo I was playing For Glory the other day and I had this match with a Toon Link that was really weird. At the end, he Dair'd and I Fsmash'd (trying to predict where he would land) turns out I was completely wrong on my guess. But freaky part was that I hit him THROUGH his Dair.

I was all excited because I thought Fsmash had invincibility frames like her Usmash and I would be the first to figure it out, so I uploaded the match. But when I look at it a second time, it seems like I spaced and timed it perfectly so that she moved her hitbox out to avoid Toon Link's sword but then put out her back hand hitbox just as it came in contact with Toon Link, but before the sword hit her leg.

It's fun to look at at least

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I don't know if you guys discovered this, but I played WFT with my friend when he got the game and I somewhat managed to do a downB while continuing moving to the right (I moved around half the stage of sv in distance from what I remembered). It was after the last patch so it's not fixed if it is a glitch. I saved the game, but it is on my friend's wii U whenever I'll be able to get it. I'll share it with you. I was on shulk's stage while the boss wasn't there. I just wanted to let you know this.

EDIT: Oh it seems you had solved this already, my bad

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Eauxkay,

Does anyone here use the FG tag "HugoBoss" or encountered them? I ran into them and they played WFT, and the name seemed really familiar.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Name: Salad Bowl
Talents: Eating, Sleeping, Soccer, Running
Dislikes: Diddy Kong, people who fish for compliments
Goals: Become the first famous 13 year old smasher
Other facts: I started with brawl maining zelda, and ended maining peach late in brawl

@ ぱみゅ ぱみゅ can you update the OP you haven't in a while

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And so I did, and I noticed we here have several people from Springfield VA.
Are you all yellow?

Top Bottom