• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The WFTGD: How About Some Deep Breathing?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Something I forgot to mention as well.

This move appears to be Ftilt. (It likely is.) I for one believe it is gonna have reverse hitboxes on her leg. This picture concerns me as she is using it, and NOT hitting lucario.

I'm still gonna hold my breath on this one though, there are many reasons she could not hit him in this pic.

- They could be on the same team (Maybe this is blue for Lucario now.)
- It is later into the animation > the hitbox has passed.
- Certain sm4sh developer builds could contain no hit-boxes/hurt-boxes. Otherwise WFT has some REALLY wonky hit-boxes. Becuase it looked like Olimar could STAND under her FSmash in one pic.

What do you guys think? Should it have reverse hitboxes?

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
So something I forgot to mention when it came out:

LOOK AT THE REACH OF THAT MOVE!
(In case you didn't know, generally the center of one of these "pop" animations is generally where the hitbox and hurtbox collided.)
Yes she be the new marth disjointed etc etc and better be reverse hitbokses

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yes she be the new marth disjointed etc etc and better be reverse hitbokses
Puh-lease, If anything she'll be the new Sheik.

Besides, WFT's Fsmash visually comes out on like, frame 20. (Double Marth's Fsmash startup.) So this possible range just sorta balances the move's slowness. :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So something I forgot to mention when it came out:

LOOK AT THE REACH OF THAT MOVE!
(In case you didn't know, generally the center of one of these "pop" animations is generally where the hitbox and hurtbox collided.)
To me it has more to do with DeDeDe's COLOSSAL hurtboxes.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Wii fit trainer as the female titan makes me want to main her. Like oh my gosh

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
heres to maining WFT in smash 4
i hope she has a 1 frame jab haha
Amen to that!

That Would be cool too, frame 1 jab, but I can pretty much already confirm her jab will likely hit on around frame 4-6.

But on the bright side, her supposed tilts and bair are all nearly instant hit moves.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
What worries me is the apparent cooldown in all of her attacks.

Her current mobility (the one of the Developer's Video) looks amazing though.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Amen to that!

That Would be cool too, frame 1 jab, but I can pretty much already confirm her jab will likely hit on around frame 4-6.

But on the bright side, her supposed tilts and bair are all nearly instant hit moves.
OH MY!
yes her Tilts look sooo good

anyone have any info on her weight class?
probably one of the lighter characters is my guess
but thats just me :/

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
thinking about it... the hitboxes look pretty good, looks like a powerful character, doesnt look lightweight to me, seems to lack a good projectile and be very vulnerable to projectile spammers (for example, shes tall, and would be stopped by falco's double laser from brawl)

i want to catch a glimpse at her throws, or any of them

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
thinking about it... the hitboxes look pretty good, looks like a powerful character, doesnt look lightweight to me, seems to lack a good projectile and be very vulnerable to projectile spammers (for example, shes tall, and would be stopped by falco's double laser from brawl)

Actually, she has a REALLY low crouch. (She might be able to crouch falco's double lazer.) You're right though, if her she doesn't have any more/any good projectiles, she'll have to rely plenty on her good mobility. But hey, it's good mobility, so I'm not worrying yet.

Also, this is the only pic of maybe a throw. It was one of the "pic of the day" pics from like, last July.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So are WFT mains going to call themselves "Wii Fit Mainers" or has that joke already been made?

(Actually sounds kind of solid...)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Or Wii Fit Trainees if you want it to feel a bit more accurate.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice

My god I hate that crater between ass and left thigh whilst in ftilt animation and I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed yet.

This MUST be obvious to Sakurai as well, right? I'm starting to think I'm the stupid one here and it's actually anatomically correct for some reason I can't see, because it'd make no sense to showcase that exact frame of the move AGAIN, if he thought "I really don't like how she looks here".

There's no way Sakurai doesn't see anything wrong with that frame, is there

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
My god I hate that crater between *** and left thigh whilst in ftilt animation and I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed yet.

This MUST be obvious to Sakurai as well, right? I'm starting to think I'm the stupid one here and it's actually anatomically correct for some reason I can't see, because it'd make no sense to showcase that exact frame of the move AGAIN, if he thought "I really don't like how she looks here".

There's no way Sakurai doesn't see anything wrong with that frame, is there
Amen to this. He has a bad rap sheet longer than ZSS sibe B on this subject, but I do wonder if he notices these things, because some visual glitches that exist on Brawl Zelda are SO blatant if you actually look... > , >

I guess maybe she just has dat booty... *shrugs*

Last edited:

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
Das my fave booty
but srsrsly needs to be fixed its a circle
booty != circle

Last edited:

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
I heard about Zelda's dsmash, haven't seen it myself but I imagine that in Zelda's case it's one or two broken frames hidden in the middle of an animation, maybe even intentionally made that way to make the whole animation appear more fluid (this guess is based on the fact that I've never noticed it when playing Zelda but like I said, I don't know what it looks like so that might've been BS).

In this case its the deciding showpiece frame of the animation and Sakurai took a picture of it twice, and he's not mindlessly taking pictures, he has to watch out for things we're not supposed to see.
He approved it, and I can't come up with ANY theories as to why or how, it's crazy, and I'd seriously be slightly bummed out if this ftilt made it to the final version.

I think it's the irony that it's on WFT of all characters that makes it unacceptable, she's supposedly the one teaching you about perfect posture. Instead she's dislocating her own leg.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Hate to interrupt on the WFT thread, but your signature, Must add you and Pete to my signature. That cool?

Have we discussed taunts or any air moves?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hate to interrupt on the WFT thread, but your signature, Must add you and Pete to my signature. That cool?

Have we discussed taunts or any air moves?
Don't worry about "interrupting" this general discussion thread shouldn't, and isn't currently high strung about things like that. :p As long as we generally stay on topic, then it shouldn't be a problem

As for her aerials, they haven't gotten much spotlight, but we do know 4/5 of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT4xjd9bGI0
This video (starting at 6:32-ish) spotlights a bit of WFT, along with two aerials in the main clip. UAir, and what I believe to be NAir. (It could be FAir)
What we know about these two:
- UAir will hit entirely horizontally on the way up, thus great horizontal reach for a UAir. It also seems to (At least at lower %) have rather low KB, at a very high angle as seen later in the same video.
- NAir will hit high in front, and low behind (So, both sides) It seems to have rather low KB at an unknown %. As seen in here special debut video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct7v9FBIL9s
besides those things, it also looks like it has pretty quick landing lag. But we won't know for sure till some farther time.
EDIT; Oh yeah, both of these aerials are also very quick to come out, maybe as early as frame 6-8. :p

Besides those, we've also gotten a glimpse of both DAir, and BAir.
DAir appears in a small clip in the first video link, BAir appears in this video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iktxi6tPBPw Once they start showcasing some of her. We know a bunch less about thses two, as they've appeared less.
What we know about these two:
- DAir looks quite a bit like the standart high KB foot stomp meteor, but we know just about nothing besides that. > , <
- BAir appears to come out very quick (As early as frame 3) but also looks to have longer endlag. We'll see if it's uses balance out its lag.

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else do a double-take when they see Wii Fit Trainer's name abbreviated?
My Internet-inclined brain translates WFT to WTF. :ohwell:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Does anyone else do a double-take when they see Wii Fit Trainer's name abbreviated?
My Internet-inclined brain translates WFT to WTF. :ohwell:
She is the WTF character like G&W and R.O.B. Same thing here too.

Are there any weaknesses to WFT? Almost pressed T first.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Depending on the strength of certain moves, she could be either have bad damage racking or bad KO score (the former seems more likely).

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
WFT was the most interesting Newcomer for me at E3 - and continues to be, out of the five currently confirmed. I intend to acquaint myself with her intimately as a playable character and as a woman once the game is released. 8D

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So... Has anyone here actually ever heard someone who thought of her being in SSB4 before her announcement?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Wii Fit Trainer fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters that you can vote on include any that were in brawl last time or any that are newcomers (like Miss Fit, of course). Wii Fit Trainer is just shy of being a lock and really needs some more support. Thanks ahead of time for taking a little time out of your day to do this for me :D

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just realized I haven't filled out a questionnaire out yet, which isn't okay.

Name: TRG
Talents: Skiing, acting, various video games... But for the most part I'm more of a "jack of all trades master of none" type of guy.
Likes: Video games (duh), hanging out with friends, forum dwelling, NBA basketball, SURVIVOR series, and reading fanfiction.
Dislikes: Ignorance, pessimists, politics, and anchovies.
Goals: Live life happy (so far so good for the most part).
Other facts: I'm 6'2", had a lead role in my high school's musical "Hairspray," and am currently working as a pizza delivery driver.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I CALLED ALL OF IT!!!

woo! Ftilt has a reverse hitbox on her leg, Sun salutation is a projectile. (And a holdable, chargeable one.) and Deep Breathing is a stat boosting move! (More particularly, an attack power booster.)

I'm sorely disappointed with Zelda though... :urg:

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai's little discussion of WFT was great. Showing us how the meditation and sun salutation moves will work was really helpful. So does that mean WFT has two projectiles now both sun salutation and volleyball?

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that's realized she plays A LOT like Heihachi in PSAS? I'm stoked and a little scared since Hei isn't too good in that game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was more than satisfied with all of that. DB looks gimmicky/cool, but SS looks to be one of the best projectiles in the game.

Ironic considering for the longest time she seemed to not have any good ones, lol

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Not to mention both of her projectiles were given adjectives equating to high kill power.

Also, he mentions Deep Breathing > Sun Salutation for a KO. Does this mean her specials get an attack boost? I want to know more about how DB works now. :V

Also, near the start of the stream, you catch a glimpse of her Up B. It seems shorter than I though, but I was excited when I saw her hoops fly up and off her and fall as projectiles for a moment. That seems like goos stuff.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Probably the best piece of news was them confirming both models have the same properties/hurtboxes. I've been a part of too many communities where the whole "females are smaller targets/the game is unfair to males" was an ugly can of worms.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It was obvious, it was said before that Male WTF was only an Alt Costume.
Still, probably he clarification for those short-minded individuals was necessary.
The clarification that the roster would be exactly the same for both versions was also very necessary.

Sometimes communities can be that bad.

Also, TRG, I added your profile to the OP a couple days ago, sorry for not informing about that right away :p

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
From what I saw in the Direct, WFT looks like a pretty good character. I actually can't wait to try her out.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Watching the Direct, I just had a thoght about Wii Fit Trainer. Have any of you guys read/watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? Because WFT's "sun salutation" uses solar energy, and "heavy breathing" powers him/her up for extra damage potential. Considering these facts, WFT must be a "Hamon" user!

And now I'm going to shout "OVERDRIVE" whenever I knock somebody off-stage with WFT.

Top Bottom