• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The West MI Thread / Make Plans Here - PM Tourney: Red Edition

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Came here to promote my Smashfest on Saturday and noticed lordhelmet's tournament. Is that still happening? If not, take a look at this: https://www.facebook.com/events/442277909168037/

Would love to get more players, especially competitive. Venue is my apartment complex's clubhouse, just barely off of GVSU Allendale campus. Looks like this is a Brawl thread though and I'm focusing more on P:M and Melee...

Anyway, I'm not here to steal your players/publicity, wasn't even gonna post after I noticed lordhelmet's stuff, but then I read the last few pages of this thread lol

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Haha yeah there is actually going to be a brawl and pm tourney this weekend you're more than welcome to come and bring your friends if you want. just message Lordhelmet for more information.

Other than that melee in the area is kinda dead other than a few players here and there. Your best bet to find melee players would be to post in the MI melee thread.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
We are hosting a PM side event at this.

I'd like to get in touch with the west MI smashers. I've been trying to chase everyone down.

Spread the word of my event to your players if you can, I pretty much host one every month - so I'd like to see you guys next time around.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
We are hosting a PM side event at this.

I'd like to get in touch with the west MI smashers. I've been trying to chase everyone down.

Spread the word of my event to your players if you can, I pretty much host one every month - so I'd like to see you guys next time around.
Forget next time, you better bring your friends this time. Muskegon is bringing the BEST they have to offer as far as PM goes. Come out and show us how good you are and get introduced to the scene. THIS is the best way, and then you'll possibly get people to come for a smashfest. I would be interested especially since you play PM, but this tourney is going, so COME ON OUT!!!

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Yeah, I agree Jawsome. Not sure how far his house is from mine though. But if you guys want to play West MI's best, then come to this!!

Arcalyth

GLS | root
As posted on my event: "If the rest of the people for my event are down maybe we could all just get everyone in one venue for max legitness. That's up to my guests though, I don't want to pull the rug out from under them at the last minute."

Had I known about lordy's tournament I would have rescheduled my smashfest.

I definitely want to pool our resources together though. If his tournaments are as legit as you guys are saying we can definitely get a healthy West MI Smash scene.

I have zero interest in Brawl though =/

Where is your house, lordhelmet?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Yeah, I understand dude. If your guys are interested in PM however, you guys should show to my event 3pm-5pm!

I wanna be able to get everyone in one spot, do you have a Skype? I'm on 216 Fairbanks NE (GR - 49503)

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Out of the people who said they were coming to my event, about half are casual Melee players, with about 1/3 of them willing to learn how to play (and about 1/6 of them pretty much starting from square 1). Myself and the Muskegon/East Lansing players, as well as a few others who said they were coming are actually decently good. Only myself and one other that I know of (from GVSU, not Muskegon/EL) actually use ATs though, with another few willing to learn them.

So there's a general consensus of our skill levels here.

We ALL play Melee though, with the half that aren't casual Melee players also playing PM with me. So... yeah screw Brawl sorry lol. Like I said I'd come to your event if I wasn't hosting my own. Wish I had realized the conflict sooner but I'll definitely get the word out (please include Melee though).

I really want to collaborate you to foster the scene. I'm Arcalyth on Skype. I'm at work right now so I can't Skype but we can talk about it once I get out. Just hit me up via FB/Email or on Smashmods (I don't come to SWF often)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'm interested in learning Melee anyway :p

I'll add you to the West MI skype group (you can add your group to it also) - I'm not worried about who plays what game, I'm just trying to get all the west MI people together and in one spot.

fZk

Smash Lord
Forget next time, you better bring your friends this time. Muskegon is bringing the BEST they have to offer as far as PM goes. Come out and show us how good you are and get introduced to the scene. THIS is the best way, and then you'll possibly get people to come for a smashfest. I would be interested especially since you play PM, but this tourney is going, so COME ON OUT!!!
I will destroy you all in PM with my terrible character.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If anyone from Muskegon is coming down tomorrow who owns a GCN screwdriver - please bring it if you can! My shoulder button is stuck and I need 2 fix

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Tom, would you be able to help me with a ride again this week? Or is that not a possibilityyyy >:l

Edit: Also, Ally will be eligible for our PR for attending this and PS5 o.o

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Ye for anyone not aware, mini smashfest at my place today. 5:30 til whenever.

Ally and some of the Muskegon crew will be here. Maybe Jason :yeahboi:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Go back to wherever you came from Elliot.

Unless you're gonna team with me for an event, in which you are welcome to stay as long as you would like.

<3

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Thnx for coming over, Elliot! I'm glad that I found you.

I will C u all on Saturday!

2-4PM Project Melee - 5-7PM Doubles - 8-10PM Singles

fZk - Please remember to bring TBird's black controller! I will trade it with Zinoto's.

Anyone that has a GC three-prong screwdriver - Bring it cuz I need to fix my shoulder buttons! Thnx u.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm debating about coming to the tourney. My friend is working till 8 or 9 Saturday when I'm over there so I might stop by. Ally teams :colorful:?

To decide Elliot's teammate we should do AllBrawl it's the only fair way

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Alright, here is the debate. My friend works till 8 and when he is off we are going out to Bdubs at like 8:30/9. do I go to this and just enter dubs and then forfeit/not enter singles or skip this entirely.

Lordy is your schedule tentative?

:phone:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
What time can we start showing up?
L and possibly Muskegon is planned on showing up at noon - so noon is a good time. I'm pretty much only going to be tidying up the house so anyone can show up anytime from here on out lol.

Alright, here is the debate. My friend works till 8 and when he is off we are going out to Bdubs at like 8:30/9. do I go to this and just enter dubs and then forfeit/not enter singles or skip this entirely.

Lordy is your schedule tentative?

:phone:
Hmmm. The schedule is definitely malleable. We can try to start singles earlier to get you in on time - but we will have to find out when things unfold :L

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
L and possibly Muskegon is planned on showing up at noon - so noon is a good time. I'm pretty much only going to be tidying up the house so anyone can show up anytime from here on out lol.

Hmmm. The schedule is definitely malleable. We can try to start singles earlier to get you in on time - but we will have to find out when things unfold :L
Like I definitely can see P:M ending earlier or if you did dubs and P:M at the same time but eh. I definitely want to come but I'll see.

Top Bottom