• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WBR presents: "Can't let you do that Starfox!" - A new Wolf guide

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
D-tier is pseudo-lowtier :D

And yeah. I might clean this up a bit after I take care of all the crap in my life ;____; If someone has the time and wants to go through it and point out all the things that need to be updated/fixed that'd be great :bee:

:059:

D

Deleted member

If by E tier you mean C tier, then yeah, that definitely needs to happen.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Neither does our ruler (Ishieymoro). He uses wii-chuk.

And Nc had a tourney last week with Wolf, Luigi, and Sheik in low tiers =O. All of D tier included and lower.

Choice

Smash Champion
You press special again, so B on a gc controller. Just once during one of the 2 cancel windows.

Choice

Smash Champion
Thanks i think. You're both taller than me i think. Props.

masegoats

Smash Rookie
Lol probably not. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was true haha.

The guide has good stuff, by the way. I think it would be nice if you added a section to describe Wolf's best playstyles, so that the new users could get a good idea of Wolf a bit more easier than reading about an entire moveset.
true I just got the game about a month ago read this two weeks ago and now I can preform most of the advanced techniques with ease and thanks also to this wonderful guide I've been able to use them in my stratigy so thank you WBR

Laem

Smash Champion
Seeing as this thread is a sticky i can prolly post here.

So I figured out some more Wolf stuff the other day, regarding wolf's telestep, more specifically the telestepcancel (aka TSC, apparently). I'm deducing from the TS part in the guide that this is 'known', but it's not too specific.
Regular TS is laggy imo. People be talking about instant d-smashes and stuff, which is false. Fact is, after a TS you end up at the edge, slightly above the ground (I found out as correctly inputting C-stick sideways will result in the landing-with-Fair- animation). Most actions will cause you to land. That is, land with RCO lag(!), which is why it's not too good imo. TSC is usually only brought up (AFAIK) as TSC by jumping. However, considering that you're airborn for a short period, you can use B moves as well for a cancel! So there's most notably TSJumpC, TSBlasterC, and TSShineC, as well as TSSideB/UpBC, which are kinda funky and not as useful.
So use this ****. these b moves come out instantly (no RCO on landing with b moves) and will catch ppl off guard. Not to mention it's flashyness.

Point of interest:
- Instantly onstage with invincibility (TSSC). TSSJC is arguably better though, as it beats the most obvious of options, that is getting your (grounded) shine shielded and then getting grabbed. Gimmick: use TSBC vs a shield, they'll more often than not shield the bayonet but get hit by the actual laser.
- Mix up with semiscarring instead of TSC for a pretty ridiculous getting-onstage game. Not to mention that there's I believe another TS spacing other than directly SideB-ing at the ledge (Haven't quite figured this spacing out though). Mix up TSC with Lightstepjumps and semiscars? ****ing **** as ****.
- You'll still have RCO lag after using any of the specials.
- Go get that TSC timing down, you lazy BATCHES.

Anyway, sorry for wasting your time if u knew this. I didn't understand the mechanics of telestepping, but now I do. Just sharing my insights.

tekkie

Smash Master
wait by telestep cancelling do you mean lightstepping because if not then i have no idea what you're talkig about

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Telestepping is like lightstepping except you appear on stage instead of off stage. So you land really soon and get RCO lag and get owned if you don't cancel it.

Good info T, but tbh none of it was new xD There are two spots for telestepping, just like with lightstepping except a bit closer to the stage (as in, horizontally closer, so the angle is steeper, I believe). The only thing I want to know is, can you buffer a shine to TSSC?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
KRD did this when he first came here, posted some videos too iirc. Basically, when you telestep, you have 1-2 frames (idr, but I think KRD said it varied for some reason) where you're airborne, and can therefore actually do something. To bypass RCO lag, your main options are specials and jump > something. If memory serves, you're not able to buffer inputs with telestepping, so that leaves a very small window for inputting the cancel.

Laem

Smash Champion
Buffering is definitely not possible or you'd have like 12 frames of leeway which means it'd be real easy to do.
This is about as hard as consistently long/short flashcanceling, which I've myself got down quite well.
Anyway, if this was known, why was it not in the guide :D?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I forgot that I had a video of it, but apparently I do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PYWd6_qx-0
I think that was made very shortly after I joined the Wolf boards, since I made it the day after PI2 uploaded a video showing telestep canceling and that you only have 1 frame to cancel it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff4yKbpgyJk And yeah, you can't buffer the cancel. I've never heard of anyone ever say that you could do grounded A moves from a telestep, but if they do then yeah, that's false.

Laem

Smash Champion
TheWolfBackRoom said:
Tele-Stepping

Difficulty-very easy

Telestepping was one of wolf's other outcomes if you missed a proper scar. It's easily implementable, and just another way for wolf to get back on stage. It can be easily follow up with an unsuspected D-smash, of grab when done correctly. The easiest way to produce telestepping, is to be as close to the edge as possible with wolf, and immediately flashing, placing you on the direct edge of the platform. Every edge is telesteppable.
from OP

"unsuspected d-smash"; grab when 'done correctly'. all this misleading stuff :p

but be honest that 2nd link of urs KRD
that instant shine
sooooooo goodddddd

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
>_________>

I'll at least fix the lightstepping and telestepping parts lol. That much is easy. Is anything else particularly out-of-date or incorrect?

:phone:

tekkie

Smash Master
side b lightstep to cancelled flash is gonna be the new big thing :O

brb becoming the even more most technical wofl

Laem

Smash Champion
Ah like that.
It'd be more awesome if lightstep without an action wasn't so damn vulnerable :(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Did some updates on telestep info so that people can't say I didn't do anything :p

Uhhh yeah. I'll try to do more later, maybe. This stuff is long overdue for an update, and idk if there are any other WBR members that are interested in fixing it up, but let me know if there's an issue and I'll do what I can to fix old/incorrect information.

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Err, I assume this being a sticky, I can post?

I think the AT section should have quite a few more important ATs at the time of the next update, like the RAR(the guide mentions the RAR, but never how to actually do it, which can throw off newer people who're planning to main Wolf when they start, it certainly did to me), the wavebounce(because blaster is important to Wolf's game), maybe the "special momentum shift"(terminology taken from TL boards) because of it's momentum reversal properties while facing the same direction.

It would also be nice if the telestepping, lightstepping and scarring sections had some details as to where specifically Wolf has to be to pull them off. The videos are nice, but they just link back here for "how to do them", and a text based guide to them would help immensely.

Top Bottom