• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My brother picked up a Pikachu for himself today. I'll probably get him for myself much later on though, as he will definitely be around forever.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It says online my Gamestop has Pit in stock, but I just called them and they said that's incorrect.

Not quite sure if I believe them. Am going to be really mad if it turns out they were lying when I check later today.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
My Zelda and Yoshi amiibo came in the mail today. My Peach amiibo should be coming tomorrow. That means that I only have Mario, Donkey Kong, Wii Fit Trainer, Luigi, Diddy Kong and Little Mac to get. If all goes well, I should have them and Wave Three by the end of next year.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It says online my Gamestop has Pit in stock, but I just called them and they said that's incorrect.

Not quite sure if I believe them. Am going to be really mad if it turns out they were lying when I check later today.
I had a similar situation with my GameStop, and when I got there they barely had any Amiibos. Their online stock checker suggested they had more.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I had a similar situation with my GameStop, and when I got there they barely had any Amiibos. Their online stock checker suggested they had more.
Barely any is better than none. Only way to check is to go in and see...and my family is using my car for a couple hours... >_>

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Barely any is better than none. Only way to check is to go in and see...and my family is using my car for a couple hours... >_>
I suppose, but it would depend on who you were looking for.

In my case, I was hoping to get rares, since they said they had plenty of almost every character. I got there, and the only ones they had were Yoshi, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Peach (who are the only four another GameStop in another town had), and Luigi. They also had Mario through the Smash Wii U bundle that comes with him.

And the Amiibos they did have were not in plentiful supply, they literally just had a few hanging above reception. Less than 10 Amiibos total.

The employee in question seemed really disinterested, and almost out of loop, when I asked him to check for Kirby and Wii Fit Trainer, though. So maybe it was just yet another case of GameStop employees being bad at their jobs. In any case, I hope you have better luck with your local GameStop.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Out of curiosity, yesterday I checked for the Fox amiibo online just out of curiosity because of your list. All nearby gamestops said in supply but low stock. When I went to check for my Falcon yesterday I saw no Fox's. Try calling your GameStop and see if they have it. If they do, ask them to hold it for you. That's my best bet for getting Shulk on the first of February...

Last edited:

xelasseh

Smash Apprentice
If you live in the Midwest and have a meijer near by, seriously go check daily, today one by me had four Captian Falcon's and I nabbed three for my friends and I, and apparently another meijer close to me had six Pit's last night and sold out instantly. This is getting crazy guys, good luck everyone.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I picked up Pit and Luigi today and yesterday, respectively, but Falcon is still MIA...

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Also I snagged the last Luigi at my GameStop :D. I had originally planned for Kirby but Kirby is probably gonna be mass produced so I'll pick him up later.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The Target near my house was packed with Luigis yesterday, like six or seven of them, or so I heard. One of them was purchased for me for Christmas. :D

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Are people actually having issues getting a hold of Luigi? I got mine last Thursday (literally 20 of them on the shelf at TRU) and I have always seen a few Luigis since then.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Are people actually having issues getting a hold of Luigi? I got mine last Thursday (literally 20 of them on the shelf at TRU) and I have always seen a few Luigis since then.
I've been to Walmart, Meijer, and GameStop for the last 3 days and the only Wave 2 amiibo I've seen on shelves is Zelda until today when I got Luigi. When I went yesterday to check for Pit and Falcon I only got Pit and he wasn't even on shelves. Literally just bought him out of the delivery box.

This is Michigan, though. Other places are obviously different.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I've been to Walmart, Meijer, and GameStop for the last 3 days and the only Wave 2 amiibo I've seen on shelves is Zelda until today when I got Luigi. When I went yesterday to check for Pit and Falcon I only got Pit and he wasn't even on shelves. Literally just bought him out of the delivery box.

This is Michigan, though. Other places are obviously different.
Yeah, looks like Smashville must be the best place to get a Luigi atm. :p

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I've had no luck finding Pit despite a bunch of Gamestops listing him as in stock (although one told me they had just sold the last one). It looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer on him.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I've had no luck finding Pit despite a bunch of Gamestops listing him as in stock (although one told me they had just sold the last one). It looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer on him.
Don't trust the website. Actually call the gamestops and ask them if they have any. If they do, ask them to hold it for you.

Also, Pit's looking to be Marth 2.0 as someone else said in this thread, so good luck finding him.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got back from checking Gamestop and the Toys R Us next door. Nothing at TRU, Gamestop had Pit but only one non-pre-order that sold immediately. I just hope that the pre-orders run out tomorrow so I can swoop in as soon as they open. Both had plenty of Zelda/Luigi and some Diddy Kong, starting to notice Fox is getting slightly harder.

Stopped on the way back to pick up wrapping paper at my local Meijer and they had 4 Captain Falcons, so at least I made some progress there. Not what I really want, but you definitely can't go wrong with the poster child of the Smash series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just had some bad luck turned really good.

My mother was out shopping and was gonna use some vouchers for our local shopping center to pay for some of it. Unfortunately, the particular supermarket she was in did not take vouchers.

This meant there was no use for these vouchers for her right now. So instead, she decided to give them to my siblings and myself. I was meeting up with her to help with the shopping anyway, and she told me of this situation. She said that since I was there in the shopping center anyway, I could run off and spend one of these vouchers before they close up for the night, valued at €50.

Ran around to Argos to see if they would accept these vouchers. They do, so I ordered Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer for collection, and they will be coming on Friday at the latest. I then looked for Little Mac, but he was unfortunately out of stock and unable to order for collection. Moved on to Pit then, and they actually had one left in stock, so I already have him in my hands now.

And since I have a Wii Fit Trainer upstairs for my friend (as well as Pit), I am actually going to open that one now since the box is quite tatty anyway (I was thinking of putting some masking tape on it, it's that bad), and I will give him the second one I get. I don't have to worry about shipping anything to him until the 30th anyway, so I'll have her in time.

So yeah, I hit the jackpot tonight. Besides Little Mac, I have all of the rares now. Fox and Samus are actually quite plentiful in Ireland, so I am not worried about them, and everyone else is pretty safe too (and I already have Yoshi and Captain Falcon from before anyway). And what's more, I still have a €100 voucher for another shopping center and I think they have Little Mac, so I will be able to have the majority of the currently released figures before long (and my brother has Pikachu and will be getting Kirby as a present from me)!

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Just got back from checking Gamestop and the Toys R Us next door. Nothing at TRU, Gamestop had Pit but only one non-pre-order that sold immediately. I just hope that the pre-orders run out tomorrow so I can swoop in as soon as they open. Both had plenty of Zelda/Luigi and some Diddy Kong, starting to notice Fox is getting slightly harder.

Stopped on the way back to pick up wrapping paper at my local Meijer and they had 4 Captain Falcons, so at least I made some progress there. Not what I really want, but you definitely can't go wrong with the poster child of the Smash series.
I haven't seen a single Fox in my area ever since the game launched.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I haven't seen a single Fox in my area ever since the game launched.
Really?! I live next to a massive college campus and my Meijer still has had 1 or 2 Foxes both times I checked. Guess it does vary a lot by location!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Really?! I live next to a massive college campus and my Meijer still has had 1 or 2 Foxes both times I checked. Guess it does vary a lot by location!
Every time I've been to gamestop before Wave 2 release which was about 3 times I've seen no Fox's, Marth's, Villager's, or Wii Fit Trainers. I'm still not seeing Fox even after Wave 2 is out. It's not that I particularly care about him in the first place since I'm only collecting the ones I use in-game but it's still a shock.

...maybe I should pick up Kirby after Christmas, just to be safe.

My collection so far:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, Fox is plentiful here in Ireland, as is Samus. In fact, I think they might be more plentiful than Mario and Pikachu. Probably because nobody here has a clue who they are and is not buying them.

When I visited Smyths last week to pick up Falcon and Pit, I saw quite a few Fox and Samus figures on the shelves (one of the Samus figures was "drunk" too :p).

Kirby is oddly rare here though, at least in my area. It's taking a lot longer to get him shipped to my local Argos than it is any of the other figures I ordered (though I knew this in advance). And the elusive three rare Wave 1 figures you US collectors have trouble finding, were something I was able to casually walk into my local Argos and order one of each without any problems.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw some Luigi amiibo at my local Target today, but I went for Mario, Yoshi, and Kirby. Now I'm just waiting for Rosalina's amiibo to be available, which might be quite a while with the amount of pre-orders that she has.

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm still wondering if these are even gonna pop up in my country. I haven't exactly gone hunting for them, but there's been nothing from the store I preordered Pit at.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
My brother told me apparently when Best Buy got a shipment of amiibos they got one Little Mac and the guy unloading them took him for himself.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
How much is Marth in the box going for? Because I haven't opened my Pit yet.
Pit:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC0.A0.H0.Xpit amiibo&_nkw=pit amiibo&_sacat=0
Marth:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0.H0.Xmarth+amiibo&_nkw=marth+amiibo&_sacat=0
Yikes. Glad I snagged Pit when I had the chance.
Then again, these prices are probably hugely inflated, as I saw a Luigi go for about $35, and he is plentiful.
Marth is still up there lol.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC0.A0.H0.Xpit amiibo&_nkw=pit amiibo&_sacat=0
Yikes. Glad I snagged him when I had the chance.
Then again, these prices are probably hugely inflated, as I saw a Luigi go for about $35, and he is plentiful.
The best source of appraisal for these things is probably Amazon since their prices are based on supply and demand. Look, Luigi is about $20: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Pit amiibo

I don't plan on selling mine, but it's nice to know I have a rare amiibo.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Even though I really do hate Pit (reason I have him is because I pre-ordered him when I was trying to collect them all), and he could fetch me a decent amount, I probably won't sell him. I like collecting rare stuff.

I really have to wonder if some Amiibos will have any function outside of Smash Bros, given how some of them have series that are deader than my dreams. (Ness, Mega Man, Samus/ZSS).

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
@ Gidy Gidy @ Munomario777 Munomario777 You guys are just silly.

If I really lived in Smashville, I'd be surrounded in Villagers and not just with my two.

(The Luigi's are actually all partying in Illinois)

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Even though I really do hate Pit (reason I have him is because I pre-ordered him when I was trying to collect them all), and he could fetch me a decent amount, I probably won't sell him. I like collecting rare stuff.

I really have to wonder if some Amiibos will have any function outside of Smash Bros, given how some of them have series that are deader than my dreams. (Ness, Mega Man, Samus/ZSS).
One way or another. In a interview with iJustine, Miyamoto confirmed that Star Fox U will have amiibo functionality. He didn't say what they would do, though. So they could be as limited as costumes in Mario Kart 8 to brand new content like Links spinning wheel in Hyrule Warriors. Even though I got Link, I hope developers won't use them as a way to lock off content like in Hyrule Warriors. Maybe Links an exception since he has so many more weapons in that game, (more than needed imo) but if it turns into "Get the Falco amiibo to get Falco's arwing thats entirely different from others!" then that's not okay.

What I wonder is if there are gonna be different amiibo based of different game series other than Smash Bros. Like a series of Zelda amiibo for Zelda U or something.

@ Gidy Gidy @ Munomario777 Munomario777 You guys are just silly.

If I really lived in Smashville, I'd be surrounded in Villagers and not just with my two.

(The Luigi's are actually all partying in Illinois)
Illinois is Smashville confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom