• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wait for New amiibo: Pit, Captain Falcon, and Luigi, where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I actually saw both Villager and Marth on launch day, and I was about to pick up Kirby, but I thank The Lord everyday that something told me to get Villager instead hahahah. Marth is difficult, but I think with some patience, we will all get the Amiibos we want.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I hear that wave 2 is already sold our for preordering. Hope I can get Luigi, I'll call my gamestops tomorrow

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Man, should've gotten the Marth when I had the chance. All I have to show for myself is Link and the frigging Spinner thing for a game I don't even own (yet. Just borrowing for now. It's good).
I should probably buy two Pits and sell one for twice it's value :L

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Man, should've gotten the Marth when I had the chance. All I have to show for myself is Link and the frigging Spinner thing for a game I don't even own (yet. Just borrowing for now. It's good).
I should probably buy two Pits and sell one for twice it's value :L
I know it's tempting to, but don't. There are other fans out there that want Pit as well, remember to be considerate of them.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Luckily I got Marth... But I can't find Villager online for nothing less than the 40$ range.
When I was at Toys R Us last night (picked up Zelda and luckily Diddy Kong) one of the employees said he got off the phone with a Nintendo rep and said they would be getting a new shipment of the three. :4villager::4wiifit::4marth:

I already got my Villager and the rest of Wave 1 (no Marth and Wii fit).
Actually I have two Villager, I got one as a gift for extra. (Going to customize :4villagerf:)

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
What amiibos do you think will be discontinued from Wave 2 as the months go by?
All of them but Luigi, because the other characters aren't Mario. I really freaking want Pit, but I don't have enough money for both him, and the good Captain. Freaking scalpers.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What amiibos do you think will be discontinued from Wave 2 as the months go by?
Pit and Mac for sure.

Falcon is grey area due to Mario Kart compatibility, Diddy is grey matter due to being a character related to the Mario-verse(and thus is popular with the casual gamers)

Zelda and Luigi to stay due to the former being handy in Hyrule Warriors(and also because people love the Zelda series) and Luigi because; Mario series characters will stay for quite some time in general and Luigi's as popular(if not more so) as his brother.

Vellocet

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vellocet
3DS FC
4699-7805-1419
Kinda looks like this guy just cut the arm of one marth and glued it to a second one lol

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/12/rosalina-and-luma-confirmed-as-a-target-exclusive/
Confirmed as Target exclusive. I knew it!
Not an issue with me since all major retailers are conveniently in the same shopping center. And I was becoming a Target regular after seeing one of the cashiers was really cute. Wat?
Rosalina was the one Amiibo I was waiting for the most out of all the others. >_<
I was watching Target like a hawk pretty much to see when they'd put up Pre-orders for her and it seems like of course when I fall asleep- it comes out.

According to this link she's already sold out Online.
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_20&term=amiibo Figure

FML. I'm really hoping it just means that they haven't actually started taking them, yet (cause it seems like all the other wave 3s are also "Out of Stock Online" there, but we'll see.)

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Rosalina was the one Amiibo I was waiting for the most out of all the others. >_<
I was watching Target like a hawk pretty much to see when they'd put up Pre-orders for her and it seems like of course when I fall asleep- it comes out.

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_20&term=amiibo Figure

FML. :cry:
The link shows me "product is unavailable". Does that mean sold out or just unlisted at the moment?
And is this just online? Not a problem for me since I was planning on going down to Target anyways :bee:

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
The link shows me "product is unavailable". Does that mean sold out or just unlisted at the moment?
No problem for me since I was planning on going down to Target anyways :bee:
Hm weird- when I look at the link, next to the Add to Cart button it says "Out of Stock Online".
Not sure what that means, but hopefully they just haven't actually started taking them yet, and the page is just up as a placeholder. >_<

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Hm weird- when I look at the link, next to the Add to Cart button it says "Out of Stock Online".
Not sure what that means, but hopefully they just haven't actually started taking them yet, and the page is just up as a placeholder. >_<
Yeah the page actually loaded up this time and just says currently unavailable. It's just a placeholder page. I should look into taking care of that preorder the next time I go.
Target does that thing where they sell you a $1 card as a preorder, right?

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Yeah the page actually loaded up this time and just says currently unavailable. It's just a placeholder page. I should look into taking care of that preorder the next time I go.
Target does that thing where they sell you a $1 card as a preorder, right?
I'm not sure If they do that for physical toys like Amiibos- I've only ever tried pre-ordering games there in person and yes they do give you a $1 pre-order card, but you'll usually see those hanging in the isles with the games. You could always try going in person and see what they say, but it also might be a safe bet to watch the website as well because I believe that you may be able to order it online to be Picked-up in a local store once it goes Live.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So I went to my local GAME store and picked up a Fox amiibo.

They had quite a few Fox's, a few Mario's and one Kirby. However, to my surprise, they had Captain Falcon, Luigi and Pit.
I was like...wtf? They're not out 'till the 19th. The cashier checked the stock thingy, and bless her, she looked like she was about to cry. She'd already sold a few of them. She was quick to move them back upstairs.

It wasn't until I walked out of the store that I cursed my big mouth. I could have walked away with a Captain Falcon amiibo and they'd be none the wiser.

My point is that several stores in the UK have broken street release date.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Game broke the street date and I've seen people on other sites claim that Nintendo Store have already dispatched their Wave 2 amiibo's because of it. I picked up Falcon today, if I had more cash to spare I would have gotten Luigi too. Can't wait to teach my Falcon to just do this all the time.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Went shopping for Wave 2 Amiibos. Checked out Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us, Gamestop, Walmart, and the local Superstore chain Meijer.

Gamestop had 3 Zeldas. Target had 1 Diddy Kong and 2 Little Macs. Everything else was sold out (I really wanted Pit :().

Almost got Diddy but besides the fact I don't use him, his eyes were bug eyed and really creepy. Another guy my age as I was looking for a store attendant bought one of the Little Macs, so I caved in and bought the last one.

Am really getting the feeling that Nintendo was expecting these to not sell as well as they are, they need to step up their game.
I guess if they broke street date, it wouldn't hurt to check again tomorrow?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So turns out my Toys R Us did break street date on the 8th and they sold all for preorders that day. Next shipment comes the 20th.
Remember, I didn't get that email till the 10th. This is bull****! How was I supposed to know! And I guess my preorder reservation means nothing then?
:glare: Never preordering at Toys R Us again....

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee

FML. I'm really hoping it just means that they haven't actually started taking them, yet (cause it seems like all the other wave 3s are also "Out of Stock Online" there, but we'll see.)
Yeah, I REALLY hope she's in. She was one of the only 6 amiibo I really had to have. Those being Samus, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, Ness, and Rosalina.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
My Target was a wasteland. No Wave 2, only Mario, DK, Peach, 2 Fox, 3 Pika, 1 Yoshi, and 3 Kirby. I got my Wii Fit and Link on launch day, and my sister got peach and pikachu on launch too. Probably ordering Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik from Amazon.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Just called some local gamestops. They said that the shipment was delayed and they probably won't get wave 2 until next week...

D

Deleted member

Has anyone seen Luigi yet?

-edit-

I think Luigi is due for later this month instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Should I preorder Amiibos from Wave 3, since the demand is rising?

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I had a target employee tell me today that they had a problem getting Captain Falcon, Pit, and Luigi into the country. According to this guy, who seemed to know his stuff pretty well, Pit and Luigi should be in by the end of the week, but Falcon may not even make Christmas.

Ugh, the hunt continues.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I picked up Zelda yesterday at Toys R Us. My brother in law who works at Gamestop says they had Zelda, Diddy and Luigi but they sold out really fast

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I'm here to report my latest findings about the amiibo in the UK.

Marth and Wii Fit Trainer have definitely sold out/maybe discontinued. When I searched for Marth on the Smyth Toy Store website, it says 'Online Availability - TBC 2015'.

What do you think this means?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Has anyone seen how much Donkey Kong Amiibos DON'T sell? Seriously I walked into a Gamestop and it had an entire shelf of just Donkey Kongs! So hey Nintendo, how about let's make less DKs and more Marths and Wii Fits.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Has anyone seen how much Donkey Kong Amiibos DON'T sell? Seriously I walked into a Gamestop and it had an entire shelf of just Donkey Kongs! So hey Nintendo, how about let's make less DKs and more Marths and Wii Fits.
Alternatively; send some to the UK. We're short on DKs from what I've seen. Amazon UK is totally sold out.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I've been trying to get Captain Falcon and Luigi but like no store near me has any and they don't know when they're getting any for sure.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Anyone got Little Mac? I'm surprised that he's barely taller than the Mario figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom