• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The update we waited for... ZELDA's FINALS SMASH

Arean

Smash Ace
We already know what it is.. so much for the wait in the dojo

Sheik shares the same final smash... Zelda knocks her opponents vertically while Sheik knocks horizontally

gecko8721

Smash Cadet
hmmmm...its actually really good looking in the screen shots,but then again, who knows how good it will really be....

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
I actually think it looks kind of bad :ohwell:
I just hope it's so fast that, as long as the enemy is lined up with you, once you push the button it's a guarenteed hit.

Plus Sheik's seems better since KOing horizontally is generally better than vertically. Hopefully it's an instant KO no matter who is using it.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
It WOULD have to be easy to dodge. I just don't see it coming out so fast with all the animation that it requires :/

And Sheik just HAD to have the better knockback :/

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
It better be **** fast and powerful.
I'm going to be so angry if it's as easy to dodge as it seems to be.

And even when their Final Smash is the same, Sheik ends up with the longer end of the stick.

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
Hopefully everything freezes while it zooms in on her while she draws the bow and she shoots it immediately with the arrow moving at the speed of light >_>

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Exactly.
****!

Once again Sheik gets something better then Zelda. History better not be repeating itself.
I mean seriously, WHAT FACT would present Sakurai to give Sheik horizontal knockback and Zelda crap-*** knockback. He's the maker of the game, he has to know which one is better :/

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I mean come on, it's a 45 degree angle. Simple physics will show you that it's the least likely angle to give you a KO.

I am really scared that Zelda is gonna suck massively this time around yet again.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
YES! It's about freaking time we get this update and I am loving it. The pics are awesome, she's awesome, this update is awesome hehe.

Alright anyway, it better be fast so hopefully it isn't to dodgable that's the only thing i'm worried about. Though I guess if you were closer to the opponent it would be harder to dodge. Also by the pics it looks like she can aim.:p I'm always going to rag on her aiming skills.

Btw her bow makes Pit's and Link's look like child's toys.:laugh:

yuthe

Smash Rookie
I'm actually pretty disappointed and think Zelda deserved a way more epic looking FS (i.e. of the same calibur as Link's Triforce FS). I know it's too early to tell how effective the FS really is, but that trajectory looks very dodgeable. The fact that it breaks thru shields almost seems like a moot poinit. Plus all she gets is 1 arrow? Come on here! And once again, Zelda gets the shorter end of the stick in terms of knockback.

I agree that it better be an instant KO or at least a guarunteed hit.

Iris

Smash Ace
I'm hoping it isn't just the arrow that does damage/knockback, but the beam that follows it too.

Still, power aside (because how many FSes aren't instant KOs anyways?) This seems like a pretty lame FS. It'd better be lightning fast, and the trail should be as powerful as the arrow, or else it's just a wasted smash ball.
I hope Sakurai isn't overestimating its strength, because if it isn't a guaranteed KO with Zelda, then it probably will be with Sheik's horizontal knockback. If they're both guaranteed KOs without interference then I imagine Zelda's would be better. Surely there's more obstructions horizontally than vertically which protect the opponent from going straight off the screen.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Well it comes as no surprise to me that this FS would take the time, precision and planning to set up, as with nearly all of Zelda's moves in Melee, she always has been a 'think before you act' character.

Since a hit guarentees a kill, its sure to be a VERY tense few moments after Zelda grabs the smash ball. Im hoping this FS comes out quick, short and sweet. Duke it out quick-draw cowboy style :b

Cant wait for for some 'BOOM HEADSHOT' moments/pics/videos upon Brawl's release.
And ill say, this update was good for more than one thing ;)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a good thing I wasn't the only one annoyed about the fact that Sheik's Light Arrow has Melee slap angle, but Zelda is once again stuck with crappy, easily DIable angles.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
If they're both guaranteed KOs without interference then I imagine Zelda's would be better. Surely there's more obstructions horizontally than vertically which protect the opponent from going straight off the screen.
Ah true, It's just that when it showed that it had almost the same trajectory as Sheik's Fair, fury boiled up in me, but the difference is that the fair is in the air, and the FS is on the ground, so I suppose they would hit the ground before they were sent at the downward angle.

And the beam idea would be a good fixer, since you can't block it with shields, and jumping over it would result in you hitting the trail, it would make the FS much more useful.

Iris

Smash Ace
Maybe Zelda's will get more knockback to pick up the slack...

But that's probably not going to happen.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
It's a good thing I wasn't the only one annoyed about the fact that Sheik's Light Arrow has Melee slap angle, but Zelda is once again stuck with crappy, easily DIable angles.
If we're lucky, the trail of the arrow might have a 'lava' effect with KO knockback, but again, most likely wishful thinking on my behalf :dizzy:

If it did have said effect, it would prove to be a somewhat mored difficult to evade. Jumprope anyone?

Crispy Fries

Smash Cadet
Wow, no one wants to talk about Zelda's Final Smash, not even on GameFAQs >_>
I guess this is what happens when you take too long to reveal the FS of a character who is already underappreciated

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I like the update. I knew it would be pretty awesome. And the people complaining about the Sheik FS being the same thing..

I don't know... It looks fine to me..

-Onyx

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Two things.

1. What happened to Zelda's dress?
2. The fletchings on that arrow are GOING TO SLICE OFF ZELDA'S FINGERS.

The whole pose just looks sort of odd.
Well it makes me wonder if this FS is useable in the air, and what position her legs are in during the FS, cause i cant possibly imagine her legs in a position that doesnt dislocate her legs completely.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Looks like a step forward.. A low stable one to aim.. Would have been cool if she used a straight stance.. Like a female night elf from World of Warcraft..

-Onyx

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Zelda's will get more knockback to pick up the slack...

But that's probably not going to happen.

if sakurai noted that its pretty much a guaranteed KO by either Zelda or sheik then sheik's could be more survivable, think about it you can't Ko as easy with sheik since it will be easy too hit the ground to tech, plus like you said there are stages that have some obstructions in the way. So i think unless your playing on Eldin bridge or some kind of incredibly flat stabe (e.g Final destination) then sheik's light arrow would kinda suck plus theres the fact that it might be hard to hit with this FS with either zelda or sheik. either way if you di right when getting hit by sheik it might be easily teched or since there is the new edge hogging physics you might end up grabbing the edge... well thats just my 2 cents :)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Two things.

1. What happened to Zelda's dress?
2. The fletchings on that arrow are GOING TO SLICE OFF ZELDA'S FINGERS.

The whole pose just looks sort of odd.
The bow looks very overbearing in comparison to her. Like a little kid with a big toy or something
It's quite bothersome.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Funny fact:

When you’re using Sheik, some of the characteristics of the attack will change, like the direction your opponent gets knocked in.
Some = more than 1. Too early to say that Sheik's better. It may be horizontal, yes, but that could mean that it has less knockback power. Considering how much time is Sakurai spending in balancing this game, he wouldn't miss such an important thing. Maybe Zelda comes out a bit, bit slower but it's an instant KO, while Sheik's almost instant but could be survived at low %. Either way, who cares? if Sheik is better, transform and use it, then swap back to Zelda :estatic: That's why she doesn't need an FS to transform does she?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Funny fact:

Some = more than 1. Too early to say that Sheik's better. It may be horizontal, yes, but that could mean that it has less knockback power. Considering how much time is Sakurai spending in balancing this game, he wouldn't miss such an important thing. Maybe Zelda comes out a bit, bit slower but it's an instant KO, while Sheik's almost instant but could be survived at low %. Either way, who cares? if Sheik is better, transform and use it, then swap back to Zelda :estatic: That's why she doesn't need an FS to transform does she?
You provide a good argument, and i can see the whole damage/power-shiek/zelda ratio coming into play. However these are just translations, things can and have gotten mised up in the past. This is an example of the whole 'until now' connundrum, and it would be better if we didnt over-analyse the dojo updates so such an incident doesnt re-occur.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I noticed, the arrow seems to pass through the platform on the right of the screen. Hopefully this means that the arrow can pass through all terrain. If so id love to see how tricky we can be on stages such as ...

(well i was going to say Fourside , but there arent any stages like that anymore. The whole shooting a beam through the side of a building appealed to me :ohwell:).

Onett, with it's buildings.

Im also very curious to see Zelda shoot the arrow from one side of the Bridge of Eldin to the other, just for the great screenshot it would make ;)

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
It looks like it'll be hard to set up a situation to hit opponents with that, ESPECIALLY on multi-platform stages... and it also looks like it'd be easy to avoid... but then again none of us know the speed of it so hopefully I'm wrong... though it still looks like it'd be horribly hard to pull off on multi-platform stages. =/

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Super Saiyan Zelda rears her ugly head yet again in Brawl it seems, now with Super Saiyan blonde hair!
Sheik better not have the better KO. Although, it seems if used right, Zelda could be the better option.

It's all about how you use it I suppose. Zelda always was a " think before you attack and get yourself mauled" character. This final smash will just take some physics to make it achieve its full potential. Taking into account where you can hit the opponent with a clear shot of a KO.

Sakurai has done well with this Final Smash in my opinion:
"It’s good to use the character whose attack is best suited to the cover on each stage"

This seems to suggest he's thought about how to make Zelda and Sheik a good combo. He's gone into more detail by suggesting that you switch to say Zelda if there are a lot of obstructions above you, or to Sheik if there are too many obstructions ahead of you.
Sakurai has done well to take the Melee situation into account, and has tried to even out the characters even through their final smash. I only hope it plays as well as it sounds.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
I think the final smash will be hard to hit with, but will almost always be a one hit KO. People will find ways to make it hit once the game comes out. Mabye a forward throw final smash or something like that would work. There's no way of knowing untill the game comes out.

Rabid_Jigglypuff

Smash Cadet
This FS looks pretty awesome, though, as people before me have said, it better me pretty fast to hit what you want it to.

Just had a thought....if the arrow really can pass through terrain, I'd love to see the mind games you could play in free-for-alls.

Anyway, I don't care if her FS is weak/avoidable. It just shows that skill is involved in it, unlike some other Final Smashes.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I hate you Sakurai. The least you could've done is let her trap multiple people with the Triforce beam that Link's does.

Anyway, here's hoping that it's the fastest FS in the game. I can just picture myself turning into Sheik to use it, and then back into Zelda when it's over. Take that you Farore Wind whores!

Top Bottom