• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The update we waited for... ZELDA's FINALS SMASH

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"Open your eyes!! Don't you notice anything strange?! Look at all those shipwrecks...""It is a forest!""He's right.""That doesn't make any sense!!! Besides, they didn't run aground, they they were sliced in half!"- One Piece

This looks like a complicated FS! It seems to me that it needs a lot of prep time, but is insane powerful when it hits! You also need to choose which form to attack in, depending on the landscape. There are:

FS's that transform the character (Bowser and Sonic)
FS's that release beams of energy (Samus, Mario, and Zelda)
FS's that require precise timing (Meta Knight and Zelda)
FS's that are weird but almost sure fire kill (Kirby)
FS's that cause widespread chaos without having to move (Ice Climbers, Triple D, Olimar, Pit, and Lucas)
FS's that are seemingly completely useless (Peach)
FS's that are insanely unique (Snake)

Everyone of the characters fall under at least one of these catagories.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I noticed, the arrow seems to pass through the platform on the right of the screen. Hopefully this means that the arrow can pass through all terrain.
The platform you are referring to is a soft, pass-through platform. Any projectile can pass through it when coming from that direction. Try it im Melee.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
One day Sakurai was sitting in his home talking with Zelda and Sheik. The day was very hot so Sakurai offered them some ice cream. They agreed and Sakurai served them equal amounts of the same type of ice cream. The ice cream was served and they were about to dig in when Zelda said something.

Zelda: How come Sheik's ice cream looks tastier than mine does?
Sakurai: What do you mean Zelda?
Zelda: Sheik's ice cream. It looks like it tastes better than mine. It looks like there's more ice cream too.
Sakurai: How do you know that yours doesn't taste better Zelda? You haven't even tried it.
Zelda: Yeah, but that doesn't matter because Sheik's still looks better.
Sakurai: You can't say that until you've tried it. There is more to it than meets the eye. And besides, I added a little special something to your ice cream so it'll make you better. I didn't add that to Sheik's.
Zelda: But still. That's not enough.
Sakurai: Well I'm trying my best and I'm sure you'll be satisfied in the end.
-----------------------------------------------[Keep in mind, this was a make it up as you go thing. I know it's bad.]

In essence, that is how I feel most people are sounding right now. The games not out yet and we have yet to see Zelda's Final Smash in action and yet most people are complaining. Zelda will probably better. Everyone should lighten up a bit. We finally got a Zelda update. :]

Rejoice

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Hipsterkid, will you marry me?

You have made me see a new point of view through your tale.
I think I deserve to be your soulmate.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
This final smash is awesome.
I read that when you fire the arrow it can go threw a foes shield
Pretty powerful. It stinks thought that you only get one shot. It would have been cooler if she had a bunch of arrows you could shoot.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I come back into this thread and the first thing I read is about Zelda and ice cream.:laugh:

Anyway I do get what your saying, it's true we haven't really seen how it works so we really can't judge. I mean for all we know it could be like super fast or freeze time as suggested. In the pics it does look easy to dodge but I assume if your opponent is really close their pretty much screwed. Cause wouldn't any FS that is positioned that far away be easy to dodge? Plus most of the other FS seem easily dodgable as well so I dunno. Well maybe Sakurai figured that since Zelda users need precise aim with the lightning kick he figured this would be no problem for us.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I mean for all we know it could be like super fast or freeze time as suggested. In the pics it does look easy to dodge but I assume if your opponent is really close their pretty much screwed. Cause wouldn't any FS that is positioned that far away be easy to dodge? Plus most of the other FS seem easily dodgable as well so I dunno. Well maybe Sakurai figured that since Zelda users need precise aim with the lightning kick he figured this would be no problem for us.
That's what worries me. If Samus' is easy to dodge and he didn't say THAT, how bad do you think it will be for Zelda since he said it WILL be easy to dodge...? :(

*Bangs head against wall* "Angst. Angst. Angst. Angst..."

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Well I suppose it can't be super hard to set up, down throw seems viable, maybe even a dtilt/dsmash or something like that. I'm a bit worried that it'll be a useless FS, but I suppose people will come up with creative setups, as people seem disposed to do.

And to HipsterKid: You make a very valid point, but when Sheik has had a history of getting the larger portion of ice cream, can you really blame Zelda?

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
That's what worries me. If Samus' is easy to dodge and he didn't say THAT, how bad do you think it will be for Zelda since he said it WILL be easy to dodge...? :(

*Bangs head against wall* "Angst. Angst. Angst. Angst..."
Gah it takes so long to reply.

Anyway he probably said that to worry us, it worked didn't it :p. Really though I guess it's similiar to Meta-Knight's and you need timing. Wait, does that mean since Meta-Knight is supposely crazy strong then Zelda is going to as well since their FS look hard to get in a hit O_o. Only kidding it's nice to assume that. Though I guess as Ztarfish mention it should be pretty interesting to see how people set up into it. Looking forward to that.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Meh. The FS looks like it'll kill if it makes contact anyway. There are only certain stages where you might want to Transform first.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
And to HipsterKid: You make a very valid point, but when Sheik has had a history of getting the larger portion of ice cream, can you really blame Zelda?
No, I can't really blame Zelda for complaining. But I can say that I am sure that Sakurai is a very smart guy and that he will make the wiser decision into who gets more ice cream this time around. Either that, or we'll see him actually give even scoops this time.

Hipsterkid, will you marry me?

You have made me see a new point of view through your tale.
I think I deserve to be your soulmate.
Sure :]

All in all, I'm glad that my bizarre little tale helped out some people's views. That was it's intention.

Iris

Smash Ace
With the leaked select screen icons, Dojo imagery and wording, and past history, I think it's more of a "Sheik seems better/more important, out of what we can see without playing." Not to say it's the final decision, but it's all we have to go off of, despite our expectations from Sakurai. I want to be proved wrong, badly, but it seems as though most of us here are running low on optimism.

Either way, it'll make it that much sweeter if we find out that Zelda is a beast.

Iris

Smash Ace
With the leaked select screen icons, Dojo imagery and wording, and past history, I think it's justified to believe Sheik seems better/more important, out of what we can see without playing. Not to say it's the final decision, or if it's merely aesthetic, but it's all we have to go off of, despite our expectations from Sakurai to even the playing field. I want to be proved wrong, badly, but it seems as though most of us here are running low on optimism.

Either way, it'll make it that much sweeter if we find out that Zelda is a beast.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Welcome to the club. We don't have jackets yet, but it's only a matter of time. :laugh:

I wonder if the line of light left after the arrow damages too, or if it's just to show how fast the arrow is. If it does damage, imagine the possibilites for edgeguarding; your opponent wouldn't be able to get past a certain height without being spiked (hopefully), or sent flying.

Zone

Smash Champion
I don't even care if Zelda is still low tier. I just hope she's still fun to play.. >.>

But... if she is high-ish tier. well More chocolate on the cake I guess :D

Luthien

Smash Ace
I don't even care if Zelda is still low tier. I just hope she's still fun to play.. >.>
QFT. If Zelda's a moster, but isn't any fun, there's really no point. Besides, tiers will probably be less of an issue now that high-tiers aren't so high anymore. To be honest, tiers actually don't matter to me, seeing as how where I live, everyone sucks anyway. >.>. If you give your character about an hour of extra time and dedication, you can beat pretty much anyone around. I'm guessing this is the same everywhere else.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Check out the new smash video.

It shows Samus doing her final smash, and it "looks like" that everything froze when it zoomed into Samus to show her using her final smash.

It's hard to tell because it's so short.

I guess this will mean Zelda's "charging" animation for the Final Smash should freeze everything also.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q

A movie with every Final Smash in the game I think. 4:00 on the dot for Zelda's Light Arrows in action. Got this from the larger, more general, Zelda Info thread. As near as I can tell, it comes out really really fast. Like, she nocks the arrow, draws it back and the arrowhead flares up with light, and then all of a sudden, Link is already getting hit. This may be due to the fact that this it was one on one, but, as near as I can tell, this is an instantaneous projectile.

How's that for fast?

Here's the Rapidshare link if anyone wants an FLV of the file.
http://rs5l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/upload.cgi?rsuploadid=236448820292731675

Enjoy.

Top Bottom