• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Up B

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
I was using DK yesterday and I beat my friend's falcon (his main) by spamming up b. Up b approaches, counter attacks, edge guards (didn't work THAT well but it worked), and up b KOs. I am the best DK player ever.

Omnirighteous

Smash Cadet
all thats left is for you to go to a tournament and display your incredible UP-B prowess...and win

start an up-B movement, manufacture Up-B T-shirts, and perhaps be the star of your own Up-B animated series on Kids WB

Omnirighteous

Smash Cadet
lol I didn't know kids WB was still around.
come to think of it...i haven't watched since like...april
thats cuz the television was on
besides...shows these days are kinda corny-i mean looneytoons unleashed?! come on

oh, and just to make this post relevant to smash bros...Ash Ketchum (from the hit television show based on 150+ pocket monsters!!!) would make a fine brawl character.

his down B would draw pokeballs with which he'll summon crap quality pokemon-rattata, mankey, etc...

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
lol he could have a bunch of alternate costumes too since they've given him so many already. his blue one could be the one from the mew/lucario movie.

his projectile could be his hat.

hugQ Cortex

Master
Wow...I didn't think we'd get off topic 3 posts deep...

Now, to get back on topic...

If you get hit during your up-b, you lose your charged giant punch...just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who doesn't know.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium

If you get hit during your up-b, you lose your charged giant punch...just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who doesn't know.
holy crap!! HUGQ knows all!! I didn't know that.... :laugh:

jamminjohn

Smash Ace

Oh wow I actually learned something. I'll keep that in mind while fighting a DK.

hugQ Cortex

Master
The same is true for Samus actually. If she gets hit during her up-b, she loses her charged shot. I haven't researched this, but I wonder if the same is also true for Shiek and her needles, or, Mewtwo and his shadowball...hmm...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wow...I co-main Samus and I never knew that. Probably because I'm rarely ever hit during my up B and I usually don't ever have a fully charged shot...

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I don't think that phantom hits make you lose the punch, so the cape without knockback wouldn't i'm pretty sure. if the cape had the knockback hitbox, it would.

Also something to note is if the up b clinks with another attack, you lose the punch despite not being hit.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
The same is true for Samus actually. If she gets hit during her up-b, she loses her charged shot. I haven't researched this, but I wonder if the same is also true for Shiek and her needles, or, Mewtwo and his shadowball...hmm...
Shiek or Mewtwo can't be hit out of their upB, so I guess no, their charge is safe forever.
but that's okay because DK's upB is better if not on par with Bowsers :grin:

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Yep. Listen to GK.

You obviously cannot hit chars who teleport...seeing as they're NOT THERE.

But yea, DK's Up+b has a sexy little bit of invincibility frames on its start-up, and a smexy sweetspot hit too.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I don't think that phantom hits make you lose the punch, so the cape without knockback wouldn't i'm pretty sure. if the cape had the knockback hitbox, it would.

Also something to note is if the up b clinks with another attack, you lose the punch despite not being hit.
I would assume that getting hit with a phantom hit during your up b makes you lose your charge. I've lost my charge by just clanking my up b with another attack countless amount of times.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
come to think of it...i haven't watched since like...april
thats cuz the television was on
besides...shows these days are kinda corny-i mean looneytoons unleashed?! come on

oh, and just to make this post relevant to smash bros...Ash Ketchum (from the hit television show based on 150+ pocket monsters!!!) would make a fine brawl character.

his down B would draw pokeballs with which he'll summon crap quality pokemon-rattata, mankey, etc...

You completely nailed your prediction for yesterdays brawl update O: Give me some lottery numbers!

Also relevant to topic... uh...

Up+B reaches the platform above for yoshi's story, green greens and some others i can't confirm from work.

Top Bottom