• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS The unofficial "What's your Win/Loss ratio?" Thread!

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
Cool, and I actually made a thread looking for picture data like you provided. As per this thread my question to you is how many people claiming 80%+ winrate are telling the truth, and what do you make of your 60% winrate for the past 10 games? Do you find the matches harder after a long win streak, and easier after a few losses? I'm trying to determine if there's a hidden MMR (which many people are claiming there is not... I think there is). Thoughts?
Pretty sure it's random. One match i'll get a n00b and the next i get someone that kicks my ***.

tttt

Smash Cadet
My win loss ratio is... Bad.

That's all we need to know.

Sera Smash

Smash Rookie
With how much info? The For Glory 1v1 Battles + victories? Want to know what characters I'm using etc?
atm just looking at raw W/L data for 1v1, and apparently its difficult finding people with 100+ played, so you with 200 would provide a good bit of info for me.

As for characters you said marth and falcon right? Sweet job if you mainly used those two since based on what I've seen they're a bit less forgiving online, let alone with the 3ds controls.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
7-1 in 1v1 for Glory atm.

This freaking input lag is annoying me so much with Sonic.

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
atm just looking at raw W/L data for 1v1, and apparently its difficult finding people with 100+ played, so you with 200 would provide a good bit of info for me.

As for characters you said marth and falcon right? Sweet job if you mainly used those two since based on what I've seen they're a bit less forgiving online, let alone with the 3ds controls.
I mained Marth and Falcon in Melee so I pretty much went straight online with them. I didn't play Brawl much but the couple times I played I liked Diddy and ROB so I was planning on using htem as well, but so far only used Diddy between the two. Sheik is easy to use since she's similar to her melee version and ZSS seems kind of easy to use too. I'm not sure if there is MMR. I get a pretty good mix of guys I crush to guys who I'm competitive with. Rarely do I match up with guys who annihilate me aside from this one King DDD guy who just kept destroying me.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently undefeated.

A whopping 2-0.

Sera Smash

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot for the pic SNIPS.

I mostly play marth online but messing w/ some others as well. I think a well-played DDD is such a hard match-up for marth but I'm sure others would disagree.

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
Thanks a lot for the pic SNIPS.

I mostly play marth online but messing w/ some others as well. I think a well-played DDD is such a hard match-up for marth but I'm sure others would disagree.
No problem! The DDD player was dominating me. I played him for 4 or 5 matches and at least 2 of them I didn't even take a stock from him. He was able to combo me with throw+fair from a pretty wide range of %. VI didn't seem to get out of it, I kept forgetting to airdodge but am not sure if that would have worked. I just could not pressure him at all, whenever I got in close he would grab or shieldgrab me and hit the combo. His projectile is also a pain in the ass to deal with. I figured I would have my way with a slow ass character but man was it frustrating.

Jgod

Smash Cadet
1v1.
Battles 302.
Last 10: 70%
Last 50:62%
Last 100: 58%
Overall: 56.29%
Shulk: 114 victories, 89 losses. 56.1%

Not too bad given 200 battles. Seems like matchmaking.... And lag are working well :p

Last edited:

Sera Smash

Smash Rookie
No problem! The DDD player was dominating me. I played him for 4 or 5 matches and at least 2 of them I didn't even take a stock from him. He was able to combo me with throw+fair from a pretty wide range of %. VI didn't seem to get out of it, I kept forgetting to airdodge but am not sure if that would have worked. I just could not pressure him at all, whenever I got in close he would grab or shieldgrab me and hit the combo. His projectile is also a pain in the *** to deal with. I figured I would have my way with a slow *** character but man was it frustrating.
Small tip I picked up vs DDD is that almost everyone's special attack reflects his gordo toss, so marth's dancing blade and shield stab will both reflect it and most DDD's aren't anticipating it. You were probably already aware of it but they're such a hard counter that most DDD's aren't prepared for it yet. Even something as silly as pikachu's neutral special will reflect them. So that's one way to sort of mitigate their ranged game and try to engage.

Other than that the strong DDD's are just a bit overwhelming for mas a marth atm.

Spirst

Now have people who claim 80% or higher with 100+ games played post a picture of their record and the thread becomes interesting.
Here, if you're still looking:

I cycle between Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Charizard for the most part. Been playing competitive smash for a few years now if that justifies anything.

Sera Smash

Smash Rookie
Here, if you're still looking:

I cycle between Greninja, Jigglypuff, and Charizard for the most part. Been playing competitive smash for a few years now if that justifies anything.
Wow that's pretty amazing with so many games played! I appreciate the info. I'll ask you what I've asked a couple other people, do you think there's a hidden MMR system of sorts? Or do you think it's pairing is completely random?

Spirst

Wow that's pretty amazing with so many games played! I appreciate the info. I'll ask you what I've asked a couple other people, do you think there's a hidden MMR system of sorts? Or do you think it's pairing is completely random?
From my experiences, I'd wager to say that it's random. There's been times where I've been up against really competent players who know their characters well, but there are also times where I'm against someone who is spamming a dash attack and fails at just pressing up-b to recover. It's pretty silly that something like a competitive mode would be randomized but eh, Nintendo.

Last edited:

Glitchin

Smash Rookie
No problem! The DDD player was dominating me. I played him for 4 or 5 matches and at least 2 of them I didn't even take a stock from him. He was able to combo me with throw+fair from a pretty wide range of %. VI didn't seem to get out of it, I kept forgetting to airdodge but am not sure if that would have worked. I just could not pressure him at all, whenever I got in close he would grab or shieldgrab me and hit the combo. His projectile is also a pain in the *** to deal with. I figured I would have my way with a slow *** character but man was it frustrating.
I'm about 95% sure I also played that same DDD. Man, he might have been the best player I have ever personally played, he beat me 12 times in a row. I'm at 82.5% also. 96-20. DDD really drove my percent down haha.

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
Small tip I picked up vs DDD is that almost everyone's special attack reflects his gordo toss, so marth's dancing blade and shield stab will both reflect it and most DDD's aren't anticipating it. You were probably already aware of it but they're such a hard counter that most DDD's aren't prepared for it yet. Even something as silly as pikachu's neutral special will reflect them. So that's one way to sort of mitigate their ranged game and try to engage.

Other than that the strong DDD's are just a bit overwhelming for mas a marth atm.
I actually did not know that. Like I said in my other post I did not play Brawl much at all so I am unfamiliar with most of the Brawl newcomers. Same thing with Sonic, idk how to deal with that guy I can't tell if he's doing dash attacks or what and idk where he ends up with a lot of his attacks.

I'm about 95% sure I also played that same DDD. Man, he might have been the best player I have ever personally played, he beat me 12 times in a row. I'm at 82.5% also. 96-20. DDD really drove my percent down haha.
His name was Didley and his DDD was green. The beatdown was strong.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
35%. No lag excuses, I'm just having a really tough time adjusting.

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
Still waiting for that elusive first win, haha. I am 0-16 so far, only played against 3 different people and they were by far way more skilled at Smash than me. I have gotten 5 KO's in those 16 matches :c

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
!v1 using mostly Rosalina and Robin, but there are others mixed in
Wins:47
Losses:49
Win rate: 48.95

Near

Smash Cadet
90% or so, something like 60-5.

Matchmaking sucks, it keeps pairing me up with mediocre players. There's no way I'd be 90% if I were matched up against semi-decent people, and I barely have any competitive experience. These sorts of stats should be exclusive to like, ultra competitive players, not a semi-casual like myself.

Well, off to FC trading.

Last edited:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
My ratio is +80%. Right now it's exactly 83.11%.

I've been matched with a lot of bad players, but I had plenty of good players in the mix as well.

Last edited:

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
1 vs 1 for glory so far:
51 matches
30 wins (59%)

The win rate is supposed to go to 50% after playing long enough, right?

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
Still waiting for that elusive first win, haha. I am 0-16 so far, only played against 3 different people and they were by far way more skilled at Smash than me. I have gotten 5 KO's in those 16 matches :c
Got my first win! 2 wins, 20 losses. 9% :D

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
My total is 192 fights. 166 wins and 26 loses; 86.45% win rate.

I use Zelda, Palutena, Rosalina, and Sheik. However lag matches make it hard to kill people as P-Giddy or Sheik.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
116 Battles, 75 wins, 41 losses. 64%.

Not bad I think; still needs to be better.

BBC7

Smash Ace
98 battles, 74 victories, 24 losses. 76%.

One kid bodied me for about 5 matches so that brings me down to a 76%. (Good Little Macs mess up my Mega Man)

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Right now I'm sitting at 208 matches, 167 wins, 80.28% win rate. I've used Mac EXCLUSIVELY. So this hasn't been easy.

Randomain

Smash Rookie
W/L: 110W/137L
Percent: 44.53%.

I usually play random, but occasionally I'll counter-pick (especially DDD vs a lil' mac), mirror, or just play a character I feel like playing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom