• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Metal Sonic: Grade: A+
I think he would be a really cool character. His final smash in particular would be epic. He's not just a re-skinned sonic like a certain character from SA2...
Pink Gold Peach
Grade: F---------------- No need to explain. What a terrible filler character.
(Credit Brawler 610)
Nominating NiGHTS x5

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Metal Sonic, one of my Top 3 favorite Sonic characters.

A lot of people think that he'd be a clone, but the truth is that Metal Sonic's skills couldn't be more different from Sonic's when he started out.

Just to name a few specials:
-The Shock Barrier: This one would work similar to Mewtwo's Nair, where he engulfs himself in electricity.

-The Forcefield: When Metal Sonic starts glowing yellow, beware. He'll activate a golden forcefield that will follow up with a boost-like burst of speed. (Probably the first character to boost in the Sonic franchise). Metal Sonic already ploughs through anything, but add this forcefield, and he'll deal serious damage.

-Lightning wave: In Sonic Generations, Metal Sonic charges up, and fires a wide electrical wave down on Sonic.
(In Sonic the Fighters he shoots this straight ahead, it's color is blue, and it deals about 1/2 Health Bar damage. In Generations, it's much bigger, it's golden, and he shoots it straight down)

-Laser claws: In Sonic the Fighters, Metal Sonic's standard jab combo leads to a really really MEAN finisher. It's the equivalent of Ganondorf's Utilt. If you let yourself (because there's no other way you'll get hit by it) this move will drain 3/4 of your total health bar.

Metal Sonic also hovers, he can fly up to the sky, and spin horizontally for a variety of moves.

I picture THREE Final Smashes for Metal Sonic.

Metal Sonic Kai (Knuckles Chaotix)
-I imagine firing a gigantic lightning wave across the screen, or sending his giant hands to crush opponents.

Metal Overlord (Sonic Heroes)
-Chaos Control to stop everyone, and throw Egg Fleet debris at the players.

Mysterious Purple Energy (Sonic 4: Episode II)
-Become twice as fast, twice as powerful, and invulnerable for a limited time. (Kinda like the Super Sonic equivalent of Metal Sonic).

I say Metal Sonic has a 9.5 in originality. Especially because it's high-tech, but built to be fast. AND strong, although not very resistant...

(seriously... a door killed him)

Anyway... I give him a solid A. The only thing not original, is his name, but the rest is a whole other story from Sonic. :)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Today we are rating our favorite Brawl veteran, Ike. And the (Whom are owned by Microsoft) duo of bird and bear, Banjo and Kazooie.
Remember analyses are recommended, but giving off a grade is fine.
And remember, you have nominations that you can use to rerate or bring up a new character we did not rate before. ;)

andimidna

Smash Master
:4myfriends:
Aether: C+ :4kirby:
Counter: D+ :4marth::roymelee:
Eruption: A-
Quick Draw: B+

Final Smash: C :4link::4tlink:

A attacks: A-
Smashes: B-
Grabs/Pummel/Throws: B

Overall: B-

Banjo and Kazooie: A-

Nominating characters more and more obscure-
x1 Ashei
x1 Diancie
x1 Fossil Fighters
x2 Demise

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo & Kazooie: A
Ah, my favorite characters in video game history. I can see them making for an interesting (and nostalgic) moveset. One of the more unique things that could happen is with eggs. Their neutral B could have Kazooie shoot eggs, but you could swap between ammo types with something like down B, cycling through blue, fire, grenade, ice, then back to blue again.

D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie
Grade: A+

There is so much that Banjo-Kazooie can do. They have so much moveset potential and so much material to use to make them work in Smash. They can fire eggs, fly in the air, have Banjo use Kazooie as a weapon (physically or treat her like a gun), use special eggs with elements like fire or ice or they can even be grenades, and use the Wonder Wing as a special attack. Their Final Smash could have Kazooie fire eggs all over the place or *sigh* use some vehicle.
Heck, they have some attacks in the game that work well in a Smash game. Banjo can punch, use his backpack as a weapon, can do a rolling attack, Kazooie can use her beak three times for an aerial attack, and she can use her wings as a double jump.
There are blueprints that can make them work in Smash... but Microsoft had to ruin everything by buying Rare. :sadeyes: Rare is not worth getting back nowadays, but Nintendo should at least get that IP back. They are Nintendo All-Stars in a dreadful, disgusting home that neglects them.

BTW, here are specials that I made in the Banjo thread:
The dynamic and unusual duo of the bear and the bird have a wide variety of moves they could use. They do have a lot to work with in terms of just regular attacks and specials. I will focus on their specials and all of their moves will be based around the first two games: Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie.

Neutral Special: Egg Firing
Banjo crouches down and fires a maximum of 10 eggs; the more you tap the B button, the more eggs you will use. They cause minimal knockback, but can easily gimp opponents that are trying to recover; think of it like Mega Man's Mega Buster. If you press B and tilt the control stick as if you are doing a Smash attack, you will fire a Grenade Egg instead; this is powerful and will cause knockback, but it's rather slow. If you fire an egg and angle the control stick downwards, Kazooie will poop out the eggs and they will bounce around.

Side Special: Breegull Blast
I had difficulty with this one, but I decided to make this one of their specials. Banjo will lift Kazooie high and slam her on the ground. Kazooie can grab characters with her beak and they will be slammed down with her. This causes 12% damage and some fixed knockback so that Banjo can preform a combo. If Kazooie fails to grab a foe but are in the midst of Kazooie crashing down, then less damage happens, but the opponent will be sent back even farther.

Down Special: Wonderwing
Banjo will be covered by Kazooie's Golden Feathers. They will gain brief invincibility and will cause damage to anyone who touches Banjo. This is merely a counterattack, but it's mostly situational. The amount of time Wonderwing is used is about 1 second.

Up Special: Fly
Kazooie will help Banjo fly like in the games when they step on a Fly Pad.
Kazooie will flap her wings for a maximum of 5 times; you control the jumps by pressing the jump button. After the fifth jump, Banjo and Kazooie will enter a helpless state.
There is something added onto this. As Kazooie is flapping her wings, you can angle Banjo with the control stick. Angle Banjo more upward and he will gain height but move slower. Angle Banjo more downward and he will lose height but move faster. If you haven't used up all of the jumps, then you can do an attack. Press the attack button and you will not enter a helpless state and do an aerial attack. Press the special button and Kazooie will preform the Beak Bomb. This is an incredibly fast and powerful attack that will send opponents flying away! However, it's rather risky as after the move is used, they enter a helpless state. Hit a wall and they enter a helpless state; hit the ground and they will be left wide open for an attack.

Final Smash
I don't have a name for this, but I do have an idea.
Banjo and Kazooie separate and Banjo starts playing his banjo. When he plays his banjo, opponents will fall asleep if they are on the ground; if they are in the air, they will tumble. While Banjo is playing his banjo, Kazooie comes flying around and starts to fire out Eggs in numerous locations and they fall from the sky. The Eggs that are falling are regular Eggs, Fire Eggs, Ice Eggs, and Grenade Eggs. This Final Smash lasts for 7 seconds. After that, they are re-united.

I had a full moveset in mind, but I forgot about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
looks like i missed the fun with gold peach :sadeyes:
--

I would like Banjo and Road Runner i guess, i will seriously love his moveset if done right.
And when im say "right" i mean "give him some gold feathers as his side special!!!!".

btw :p :
- Goku x2.
- Batman x3.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
:4myfriends:
Aether: C+ :4kirby:
Counter: D+ :4marth::roymelee:
Eruption: A-
Quick Draw: B+

Final Smash: C :4link::4tlink:

A attacks: A-
Smashes: B-
Grabs/Pummel/Throws: B

Overall: B-

Banjo and Kazooie: A-

Nominating characters more and more obscure-
x1 Ashei
x1 Diancie
x1 Fossil Fighters
x2 Demise
Already did Fossil Fighter awhile ago. :p
Also who is Ashei?
looks like i missed the fun with gold peach :sadeyes:
--

I would like Banjo and Road Runner i guess, i will seriously love his moveset if done right.
And when im say "right" i mean "give him some gold feathers as his side special!!!!".

btw :p :
- Goku x2.
- Batman x3.
Famicom Goku or the anime Goku?

Alright we are going to end this day with a new character, NiGHTS.
Analyses are welcome, but giving off a grade is fine too. ;)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Already did Fossil Fighter awhile ago. :p
Also who is Ashei?

Famicom Goku or the anime Goku?

Alright we are going to end this day with a new character, NiGHTS.
Analyses are welcome, but giving off a grade is fine too. ;)
Anime goku, but considering none of them has been considered i'll nominate Batman x2, Goku x1 and Son Goku x2 :cyclops:

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
upload_2014-5-31_7-16-13.jpeg Oh boy, now I'm expected to write something really fancy because I nominated him.

This is NiGHTS, the main character from NiGHTS: into dreams and NiGHTS: Journey of dreams. If you want a more detailed view of the character, check out the Wikipedia pages:awesome:
Anyway, back to the analysis.
NiGHTS him/herself does not have many abilities in particular. Aside from some transformations (which wouldn't really fit in unless put into a final smash) the only real ability NiGHTS has is flight and the paraloop. This is due mainly to the fact that most of the gameplay within the series revolves around interactions within the world of Nightopia. Therefor, a moveset would have to consist mainly of things found within the normal levels. For example, within the Glass Castle level, there is a mirror that divides NiGHTS into smaller versions of him/her self. This could easily be implemented as a dah attack or a side B. Overall, I feel like NiGHTS would be a character with rather boring standard attacks, but very unique specials.
Overall, I would grade NiGHTS at an B+.
P.S sorry if this analysis is bad, it's my 1st one...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Oooh! NiGHTS! I've got a moveset somewhere around here, give me a second.

Quick look, though, at his stats. More likely than not, NiGHTS would be an extremely light character with, bar-none, the best recovery in the game. The only way to kill NiGHTS would be to K.O. him yourself, as falling would basically not be a thing for him. The character can transform, contort himself, pull crap out of nowhere like a cartoon character, fly indefinitely at speeds that rival Sonic, and more. He has TONS of potential for several unique movesets, but no gimmicks that immediately stick out.

Moveset Potential: A
Gimmick Potential: C
Unique Stats: B

B+ or A-

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Today we are rating Batman, the hero of Gotham City whom wears a black cape hiding in the shadows.
And remember, you have nominations that you can use to rerate or bring up a new character we did not rate before. ;)

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I prefer Night Wing, but Batman is cool.

Batarangs: end up similar to Boomerang

Bat-Darts: this would be cool. Similar to Snake's tranquilizer in PM probably.

Bat-Goo Gun: again this would be cool, but might end up being similar to DK's side B? Idk I think that it could be made very unique.

Bat-Lasso: this would be awesome. Another force trip move is very unique as Diddy's nannas are the only thing to force trip currently.

Bat-Stun Gun: similar to Zamus' down smash.

Flash Bang Grenades: probably would temporarily paralyze like some of his other moves.

Tear-Gas Pellets: this would be awesome. SUPER unique too.

EMP Grenade: another very unique ability, could be overpowered though. I'm not quite sure how they would implement it.

Bat-Claw/Bat-Grapple: link's claw-shot

Rebreather: could be cool for maps with water. It would have to be a non-move though. It would just work when he falls in water.

Final Smash: BAT MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!

special thanks to batman.wikia.com

Anyways...

He would probably end up being a semi-clone of Link Snake, which wouldn't be all that unique at all. However, he does have potential to be fairly unique with some cool thins like EMP, Tear Gas, Bat-Darts. Though this stuff is just plain old less likely to get into his moveset. I give Bats a

D Tier

x5 Scizor (pokemanz)

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!

Rating: A++
Batman may not be S Tier material, but he is the highest possible A ranking. Looking on Wikipedia here, he has freeze grenades, trademark batarangs that explode and stuff, a laser cutter, stealth and ****, martial arts, ropes, grenade grenades, all things in between... The thing is is most characters have stuff like that. Snake's grenades and stealth, Robs laser, most characters have martial arts, some grabs utilize ropes... Sorry world.

Nomination: Pterodactyl from Ice Climbersx10!
haha

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

@ Cpt. Cpt. pretty much said what i think the character could do :p (damn you batman.wikia.com!!!!!!).

I dont think he is giving enough credit to his moves though :p :p unlike snake and link, batman is focused in giving "anti power ups" to his oponents, which means he makes them pass through alternate states that obstaculize their movement and that kind of things.

This makes him more similar to diddy or Zamus overall, but still, he will be something completelly different.

Smokes Balls...
Deku Nuts...
Curtains of Light...
Imagine batman just letting some tin-tacks into the ground :cool: so much hype.

I also want to point his glide abbilities which kinda works like peach's up B, he is a scientist :cool::cool:

Batman? Why him? He's not even a video game character.
Sounds fun, and just to say, his games are very well known, there is even one on Wii U :p
Batman is freaking everywhere, like packman, or bethoveen.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

@ Cpt. Cpt. pretty much said what i think the character could do :p (damn you batman.wikia.com!!!!!!).

I dont think he is giving enough credit to his moves though :p :p unlike snake and link, batman is focused in giving "anti power ups" to his oponents, which means he makes them pass through alternate states that obstaculize their movement and that kind of things.

This makes him more similar to diddy or Zamus overall, but still, he will be something completelly different.

Smokes Balls...
Deku Nuts...
Curtains of Light...
Imagine batman just letting some tin-tacks in the ground :cool: so much hype.

I also want to point his glide abbilities which kinda works like peach's up B, he is a scientist :cool::cool:

Sounds fun, and just to say, his games are very well known, there is even one on Wii U :p
Batman is freaking everywhere, like packman, or bethoveen.
If he had some cool cape moves I can see him going as high as B, but nothing higher because he will have the grapple and grenades and stun gun which all make him less unique. Still I think it is more likely that he would end up like a Snake alt.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
If he had some cool cape moves I can see him going as high as B, but nothing higher because he will have the grapple and grenades and stun gun which all make him less unique. Still I think it is more likely that he would end up like a Snake alt.
Yeah, i dont think he is that "original" neither, pretty much all has been seen already, is just the way how the "all" is ordered the "new" on him, kinda like mewtwo with his many cloned moves.
A focused power-down character is something new in his own gameplay style and will be great to see something like that, but original what is "original" well not much :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wait a second.

(Does a double take)

We're discussing Batman? What has this thread become? :crying:

You're better off renominating.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
FI we are rating Batman, then we should have a Disney week.

Batman: B

I feel like he might be somewhat similar to Snake, Diddy, Sheik and Link.

The baterang and many items on his utilitle belt.

Nominations
Mickey Mouse (Disney)
Rapunzel (Disney's Tangled)
Wreck It Ralph (Disney's Wreck It Ralph)
Elsa (Disney's Frozen )
Sora (Kingdom hearts, but if he was already rated, then Maleficent)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Today we are rating Scizor, the fast agile Bug-Steel Pokemon whom evolves from Scyther.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Scizor

Uniqueness

In the world of pokemon Scizor has a great ability known as technician which makes all of his weak attacks 1.5x stronger. Yes as I have said before he is a powerhouse. However, something like that wouldn't really work in Smash. There for I can see Scizor not having an ability, but having a lot of super-armor. Being a steel type, he does have a LOT of resistances. It would be cool if he resisted certain attacks based on the attack type i.e. psychic, ice, grass, steel, normal, fairy, dragon, bug. He is also imune to poison, but idk if there is any poison in Smash.

Running Speed :212::212:

Falling Speed :212::212::212::212:

Jump Height :212::212: (3+ jumps)

Weight :212::212::212::212:

Close Combat :212::212::212::212::212:

Ranged Combat :212:

Scizor has great uniqueness in that he is a heavy weight that is normal sized. He is 5'11 weighing 260.1 lbs. (since he is part metal). Another thing that makes him very unique is that he has wings which allow him to fly. Sure we have 3DeDe as a heavy air character, but he is floaty which Scizor is not. Scizor would have great aerial mobility and fast falling speed, opposite to 3DeDe.

1. How many diverse options does this character have?

He's a pokemon. He has a lot of moves to choose from and a lot of ways to interpret the moves to Smash.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?

Yes. There is no Pokemon in Smash that uses the same moves that Scizor uses on their current moveset.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?

A normal sized heavy characer that has good aerial mobility and SUPER defense? No.

3a. If it has been done before, is the character's way of doing it unique on it's own.

Yes. See my comments on 3DeDe. Against Little Mac, Scizor is slower and more tank and stronger.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?

It's Scizor. I don't even care if his abilities are cool! Hell yeah!

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?

Oh yea

6. Does it fit the character well enough?

Pokemanz, gen 2 (unrepped)

I'd give him a B to B+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom