• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Packman gets an automatic S for his dash :p

These guys are still waiting folks.
NOMINATIONS LIST
x2 Demise (Zelda)
x2 Son Goku
x2 Gengar
x2 Blastoise
x2 Ryu(Street Fighter)
x2 Sub-Zero
x1 Mallo (Pushmo)
x1 Orcos (Kid Icarus)
x1 Etecoons and Dachoras (Metroid)
x1 Pyoro (Wario)
x1 Petey Piranha (Mario)
x1 Krokorok (Pokémon)
x1 M. Bison
x1 Honey Queen
x1 Ashei
x1 Diancie
x1 Mickey Mouse (Disney)
x1 Rapunzel (Disney's Tangled)
x1 Wreck It Ralph (Disney's Wreck It Ralph)
x1 Elsa (Disney's Frozen )
x1 Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
x1 Garchomp
x1 Feraligatr x1
Giving Demisex1, Mallox2 and Mickey MouseX2 ;D

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Son Goku: B
He has a lot of potential, but the only thing that I can think of that would stand out is his ability to go Kaio-Ken like in SSF2.

Also this:

He must have it.

Demise: Abstain
He looks really cool, but I have no knowledge of him.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Goku: C-

Not because I'm harsh, but because he's already an anime character before video game character. Even with an unique movepool to work on, he still has no chance of making the game

But I think his Final Smash should be something like his ape form or SS3/4

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Goku:
I haven't watched DBZ, so excuse me for my lack of knowledge. All I know is that he punches and stuff, woo. Oh, and lasers, and apparently a buff, plus he turns into super sonic.

To be honest, I don't think he would be that interesting or unique. He could fly I guess, but that seems like a gimmick more suited for...I don't know. Some giant purple flying reptilian perhaps? No bias at all by the way.

Demise:
I'm going to say this, if Demise can do it, then Ganondorf could probably do it better with a new moveset. Demise is new, but he is also bland and has very little backing him in terms of potential. The boss fight had him mostly parrying Link, attacking him, getting attacked and not realizing he could use his stupidly big hands to just grab Links head and screw it off. He could also harness the power of lightning with his sword, making parries damage Link and also allowing him to fire projectiles of lightning. He possesses a dashing attack too I guess.

No, there is very little he has going for him. And I'll say it again, Ganondorf is probably better suited for anything that Demise could do.

Last edited:

LarsINTJ

Banned via Warnings
Goku:
I haven't watched DBZ, so excuse me for my lack of knowledge. All I know is that he punches and stuff, woo. Oh, and lasers, and apparently a buff, plus he turns into super sonic.
The only thing you missed is his later ability to teleport anywhere he likes (totally not OP), otherwise bang on, besides the fact that Sonic turns Super Saiyan, not the other way around.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
The only thing you missed is his later ability to teleport anywhere he likes (totally not OP), otherwise bang on, besides the fact that Sonic turns Super Saiyan, not the other way around.
Yeah. I doubt it would be the same final smash anyway, if anything it'd probably be more similar to Yoshi's final smash than Sonic's, in that he'd be able to attack while in flight. Or it just allows him to fly while making him invincible/superarmoured. Or this. Or that.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Son Goku

Goku is one of the most well known manga/anime characters ever. He is a Saiyan, a race of alien warriors, who has trained with gods to master martial arts and energy attacks. He has fought with insanely strong foes and with each fight, Goku's power increases. He also posses the ability to turn into a "Super Saiyan" which exponentially increases his strength, speed, and skill.

Goku was present in a fan made Smash Bros. game called Smash Flash.

1. How many diverse options does this character have?

Goku has many different energy techniques using his "ki" or energy. He has also mastered martial arts. He could be present in Smash as a Super Saiyan or in his regular state. He could also be in smash as young Goku, where his powers wouldn't obliterate the rest of the cast.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?

Yes. Goku is a hand to hand fighter that can fly which makes him different than Cpt. Falcon or Little Mac or Mario. He has has energy attacks to further his similarities.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?

Their is no martial artist in Smash aside from Sheik perhaps. Goku's fighting style is more like a mix of WWE wrestling and martial arts though. So no. This is a new concept.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?

Haha! Have you seen Goku fight Frieza?

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?

Similar to Cpt. Falcon's body shape, different looks and uniform.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?

Well. He's not really a game character primarily.

I'd give Goku an A for uniqueness mostly because of his energy attacks and techniques.
to his wiki

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I honestly don't see any reason to continue this unless there's actual demand for this come back.
We must rate Robin, Captain Falcon, Shulk, and Lucina in uniqueness first.
I might also do Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, Dark Pit again, then we'll go back to nominations.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I don't want or like Goku, but his unique tier list would be A or -A

Demise would definitely be F. Anything he can do, Ganondorf can do better.

andimidna

Smash Master
Captain Falcon: B
Maybe C, there's nothing wrong with him. Just an all-around brawler. He fights with punches, kicks, and of course- the iconic falcon punch.

Robin: S+
Right after Rosalina as the most unique character in Smash Bros history imo.
His mechanic involves the perfect amount of strategy for a tactician. His magic looks great, I love the GBA-esque animations, especially for Fire, that was very memorable. The Bronze Sword is alright, nothing much going on there. But the Levin Sword looks powerful, I wonder if it runs out of uses as well, and if he retains his tomes afterwards. Or if it's time-based? Or gone forever? Maybe you have to KO an opponent to gain them back, that'd be somewhat fitting. There's a lot of mystery here, but either way, unique.

Lucina: F
There's nothing wrong with clones. But I'd just be lying if I said she was unique, or even D-Tier. She's a clone, that's just what she is. She was never going to be unique, she was going to be an alt, but got upgraded, and there are only seemingly small differences between her and Marth now. More than if she was an alt, but still, F.

Shulk: A+
Sure, he's a sword character. But he has his own mechanics, changing up his stats with the Monado. And for a sword fighter, he looks very ranged with most of his attacks. He's a technical character, but when used right at the right time, I think he'll be very good. Fast, good mobility, good range, now I want to know about his air game, strength, and combo ability... if those go right for him, he could end up top-tier for sure.

Meta Knight: B+
A less unique sword character than Robin or Shulk, but he's pretty good as far as veterans go. His down special is unique. But most of his attacks are fast sword strikes.
Design is unique.

Palutena: S-
I never got a chance to rate her iirc, looks like she got underrated due to us not knowing what all of her specials even did at the time. Lightweight is very unique, changing her stats, which Shulk now also does. Jump Glide is a great recovery, going so high and being able to fall horizontally so quickly... I can't remember any other recovery that does that. It could be called Parasol 2.0, but the use of it will be entirely different, which is what actually matters. Auto-reticle looks awesome too, does it home in on a character? I can't remember, she might control it like Samus or Snake, but it goes fast like Sheik's needles... maybe it does? That's unique. Explosive Flame looks new, I wonder if it can be charged to appear farther like Zelda's or Greninja's. Heavenly Light is interesting, like a verticle-ranged Fox blaster gun, with no knockback. Could be useful. Super Speed seems important for her to have, as she seems to be a ranger-zoner. She wants to keep opponents in a certain place, should position herself at a certain distance, and has many ranged attacks. Just look at her Up Smash. Counter and Warp aren't unique, but there just 2 of her many customizable specials. 10 are unique, that's still 6 more than any character except Miis.
Also, aside from her specials, she has many offensive and defensive options. She weilds a staff, unlike any other character on the roster. Which she'll use for some tilts and aerials. She also has her shield with her, all we know as of now is that she has a shield bash for her dash attack. A shield has never been used offensively in Smash, but this could easily be defensive as well, as she holds it in front of her. It will probably either shake off any arrows, or reflect them. But what about something like Lucario's Aura? That's what I want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom