• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

D

Deleted member 269706

Onto the next one and it's all a numbers game anyway, if you never quit then you will find someone
It just pisses me off. I really thought I had this one. I thought I was gonna do something right.

Neverbound

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wulfiepaw
Switch FC
5778-4164-2795
It just pisses me off. I really thought I had this one. I thought I was gonna do something right.
You did do something right and learned something valuable, You took a risk that most guys avoid doing and you are still alive.
I say never get into the crush stages with someone and just be foward

You're the man

D

Deleted member 269706

You did do something right and learned something valuable, You took a risk that most guys avoid doing and you are still alive.
I say never get into the crush stages with someone and just be foward

You're the man
Hey thanks man, appreciate the support. Though I have to ask, what exactly did you mean by "I say never get into the crush stages with someone and just be foward"? Didn't quite understand that...

Neverbound

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wulfiepaw
Switch FC
5778-4164-2795
Hey thanks man, appreciate the support. Though I have to ask, what exactly did you mean by "I say never get into the crush stages with someone and just be foward"? Didn't quite understand that...
If you have interest in someone it's best to never delay it and ask them out. Saves lots of time and wishful thinking

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

That's a great mentality. I guess the rejection wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, so that's nice, but you know, still disappointing in the end. Oh well, thanks for the encouragement, hoping to get something better out of this next semester.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Can you guys imagine how empty and barren this thread would be without the contributions made by Froggy. The man is literally the life force and longevity of this lovely thread.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
My brother no longer wants to play Smash with me. He said that it isn't fun because I know combos and everything about the game. I responded by explaining that I don't look up combos and barely use any. I just do attacks and read what he is going to do and react. He got up and left my room saying he was going to go watch TV.
I don't know what to do, my two friends (sad I know) usually don't have time to play and now my brother won't play. I hate for Glory mode and I want to be really competitive in this Smash and start attending tournaments...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm having serious concerns about my mental health.

Yesterday, I broke down on another site violently. I threatened suicide and shoved the blame on another user for making me feel the need to.

I was banned instantly, being told I could come back only if I sought out help.

For various reasons, I'm completely unable to get the help I need.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My brother no longer wants to play Smash with me. He said that it isn't fun because I know combos and everything about the game. I responded by explaining that I don't look up combos and barely use any. I just do attacks and read what he is going to do and react. He got up and left my room saying he was going to go watch TV.
I don't know what to do, my two friends (sad I know) usually don't have time to play and now my brother won't play. I hate for Glory mode and I want to be really competitive in this Smash and start attending tournaments...
Don't rely on scrubs to get better for training partners. Go to tournaments, make new friends.

Also stop being a mark and play Melee or P:M instead.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm not sure what being a mark means.
Teran pretty much covered it.

You're not playing it because it's worth playing. You're playing it cuz it's the new shiny thing everyone is trying to make into an actual competitive game. There's a reason Brawl has lost all its players yet Melee is at its biggest. Fair weather ****in marks trying to get in on the new big thing because it's easy to look good in a dumb easy game than an actually good fighter with an established community.

Also I'm like 99% sure Smash 4 will die before Melee is even close to being on its way out.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You're not playing it because it's worth playing. You're playing it cuz it's the new shiny thing everyone is trying to make into an actual competitive game. There's a reason Brawl has lost all its players yet Melee is at its biggest. Fair weather ****in marks trying to get in on the new big thing because it's easy to look good in a dumb easy game than an actually good fighter with an established community.

Also I'm like 99% sure Smash 4 will die before Melee is even close to being on its way out.
Oh my Gaaaaaaaad that poor kid.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Are you seriously having a which-game-is-better argument in the depression thread?

You're all assholes. No, you're lower than that. You're trash.

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Are you seriously having a which-game-is-better argument in the depression thread?

You're all *******s. No, you're lower than that. You're trash.
One anti Sm4sh post makes EVERYONE trash.

I think your issues might be related to your inability to process the world at a fundamental level.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
One anti Sm4sh post makes EVERYONE trash.

I think your issues might be related to your inability to process the world at a fundamental level.
This is not the topic to discuss game quality or lack thereof at all. How dare you come in here just to kick people while they're down.

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
How dare you come in here just to kick people while they're down.
But I don't?

Also it's the topic to discuss anything that annoys you and anything that flows out of it, in this case it was one person's annoyance with lack of smash 4 training partners, which led to someone else using it as an opportunity to express their distaste for smash 4.

You can discuss whatever things that fit on the spectrum of unhappiness, unhappy doesn't necessarily mean depressed, but of course you should know that already.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
But I don't?

Also it's the topic to discuss anything that annoys you and anything that flows out of it, in this case it was one person's annoyance with lack of smash 4 training partners, which led to someone else using it as an opportunity to express their distaste for smash 4.

You can discuss whatever things that fit on the spectrum of unhappiness, unhappy doesn't necessarily mean depressed, but of course you should know that already.
If you think that makes it okay to criticize people for expressing their emotions on the scale of unhappiness, then you're even thicker scum than I thought you were.

If you criticize someone for something they're having trouble with, no matter how minor you judge it to be, then you'd better have a damn good reason for it.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

You're all *******s. No, you're lower than that. You're trash.
Calm down, jesus.

Are you the mod here? No, you're not. You're being far worse than them; they're stating valid points using data extrapolated from the Brawl scene, and you're calling them trash for it. Come on dude, be mature. How old are you?

On a side note, practicing Melee or Project M will definitely help you in Smash 4. It improves your spacing, fundamentals, and how your brain processes on screen information. Getting decent at Melee will make Smash 4 waaay easier.

Edit:
If you think that makes it okay to criticize people for expressing their emotions on the scale of unhappiness, then you're even thicker scum than I thought you were.

If you criticize someone for something they're having trouble with, no matter how minor you judge it to be, then you'd better have a damn good reason for it.
He wasn't really criticizing them in a bad way though? He was using valid points to state something that HE was bothered by. Calm the **** down.

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

If you criticize someone for something they're having trouble with, then you'd better have a damn good reason for it.
Lol thick scum okay dude let's keep the keyboard warrior spirit strong.

Falcon's main criticism was actually that the poster was upset at losing his obviously unskilled brother as a training partner, which in the scheme of improving competitively is no loss at all. So really he was being helpful in stating that he should move on to find better players, which is pretty easy now with NNIDs and being on this site.

Then the whole "Smash 4 is shallow and sucks etc", which being a personal grievance of his, he is allowed to add.

EDIT: but I reaaally love how posting a gif of wrestling marks (where the term mark is most commonly used) to explain what someone means by a mark makes me part of a debate.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew

I'm not trying to be competitive at this because it is shiny and new. I have no interest in competitive Melee or PM. I have nothing against the two games or the community but I'm just not interested. I told myself that when the new smash came out I would try to get good and go to tournaments and learn the game. I'm sticking with this smash.

As I said, I have nothing against the Melee or Pm community, I am just not interested.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Man if only you could channel all that negative energy and reverse it into positive energy Saikyoshi. Then you could defeat OMEGA SHENRON!!!!!!!

Also lmao "trash" I love how it's always the guys who are offended who actually resort to flaming first.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not trying to be competitive at this because it is shiny and new. I have no interest in competitive Melee or PM. I have nothing against the two games or the community but I'm just not interested. I told myself that when the new smash came out I would try to get good and go to tournaments and learn the game. I'm sticking with this smash.

As I said, I have nothing against the Melee or Pm community, I am just not interested.
Really though, practicing either Melee or PM will help you immensely. I play both, and the better I get at Melee, the better I get at 4. The inverse isn't really true, though.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Really though, practicing either Melee or PM will help you immensely. I play both, and the better I get at Melee, the better I get at 4. The inverse isn't really true, though.
I do own Melee, I might attempt a few training sessions soon to see if my reactions improve. Thanks for the tip! :marthmelee:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I do own Melee, I might attempt a few training sessions soon to see if my reactions improve. Thanks for the tip! :marthmelee:
Also there are plenty of players on this site. Ask around for NNIDs, people will be happy to play you.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Not just reactions! It helps you learn spacing and placement as well. Really, it just improves your all-around smash skill.

Plus it's a damn good game.
Thing is every person who "doesn't like Melee" wants to pretend it isn't because they're bad at it because Melee requires practice.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Thing is every person who "doesn't like Melee" wants to pretend it isn't because they're bad at it because Melee requires practice.
but I actually like Smash 4, Falcon.

I just acknowledge that Melee and PM are slightly better from a mechanical standpoint. Surely you're not gonna give me **** for this, are you?

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom