• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Y

Yodery

I have too many chips for my dip.

But if I open any dip, I'll have too much dip for my chips.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Me and my boyfriend broke up two days ago. We had been together since May, and it's been hard. The hardest part is, I can't even be mad at him. We had always said if the distance gets too hard to tell one another, and that's what he did. I just hate that I lost the person I'm in love with AND my best friend. The worst part about the situation is the random bouts of god awful crying. I'll be going about my day having as much fun as I can, and then see/think/hear something that reminds me of an awesome time/thing/him and BAM! I start crying like a child. I haven't cried like this since I was a kid. It's honestly embarrassing, and, while I'm doing it towards the end I can't help but laugh at how sttttoooopppiiiiidddd I sound. :p

But still, I'm real unhappy.

And on a random note, I had a dream about Teran last night.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sorry to hear that, Shortie :c stay strong

I got a parking ticket at 2am on saturday. no big deal
....suddenly i cannot find ticket.
And our city doesnt back up the tickets electronically.
And they have no secretaries in the office on weekends so they dont have it on record.

....i go back to PA tomorrow for school.

......SUDDENLY PANICKING.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Really stupid of me. I paid the driving instructor for 10 lessons in advance without getting a receipt. That was really dumb of me, for all I know he is going to ignore all my phone calls tomorrow and tell the driving school that he has no record of what I'm talking about.

It was dumb of me, and I feel bad because I was this careless because I wasn't spending my money. If it was my money and not my parents who were paying for this then I would never have been so reckless. well at least I hope not.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The only reason I don't have my license yet is because I'm literally the only one out of all my friends who has to pay 100% for all my driving lessons. Parents aren't helping me there. All my friends had theirs paid for and got their N license...and tend to rub it in my face. Been trying to get a job for ages too, to no avail.

Also, left my university work to the last day of course...am I ever going to defeat this procrastination problem?

Jet300

Smash Ace
Today has been a very boring day. Nothing really happens where I live. I also hate my next door neighbors. There so unnessary loud and argue over the most stupidest thing ever in the middle ****ing night over some money.

Y

Yodery

Today has been a very boring day. Nothing really happens where I live. I also hate my next door neighbors. There so unnessary loud and argue over the most stupidest ever in the middle ****ing night over some money.
dude at least you didn't used to live next door to an old couple that would have loud sex almost every night. I was ****ing tired of it, so I opened the window in my room, and screamed "FINISH HER!!!" at the top of my lungs.

I got the cops called on me. :S

We moved last year tho

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Me and my boyfriend broke up two days ago. We had been together since May, and it's been hard. The hardest part is, I can't even be mad at him. We had always said if the distance gets too hard to tell one another, and that's what he did. I just hate that I lost the person I'm in love with AND my best friend. The worst part about the situation is the random bouts of god awful crying. I'll be going about my day having as much fun as I can, and then see/think/hear something that reminds me of an awesome time/thing/him and BAM! I start crying like a child. I haven't cried like this since I was a kid. It's honestly embarrassing, and, while I'm doing it towards the end I can't help but laugh at how sttttoooopppiiiiidddd I sound. :p

But still, I'm real unhappy.

And on a random note, I had a dream about Teran last night.
Don't be too focused on getting over it, just let it digest I guess. Sucks to hear.

But really tho wat @ dream.

Did it involve drinking?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Lately I've been feeling a lot of negative emotions related to different things.

I have a small group of close friends and as loyal as they are I just wish I had more than one group of people to talk to and hang out with, but the fact is that I don't think I know the first thing about making friends. The ones that I do have are really people that have come to me. I can't think of a time when I took the initiative in starting a friendship, which upsets me a little bit. I don't want to be someone who just stands idly by for others to find.

I could have my driver's license by now if I had any ****ing hours. I literally have one solid hour of driving time under my belt in the six months I've had my permit. My dad is retired and as much as I love him he's usually tired and content to stay at home, relying on my brother who works and attends classes to drive me (and my mother lives in the next state over). It was partly my fault at first but the longer I take the more ready I am to drive, and every single time I try to there's something keeping me.

I want a part-time job but I can't find one. Well, I probably could if I looked harder - I'll be the first to admit I haven't dedicated as much effort to getting one as I let on. I just despise the whole process. A retail chain or something of the sort is preferable to fast food, which significantly limits my options; both a good and bad thing. My mom tells me to focus on my studies but I feel like this is something I need and the truth is for how good my grades are I don't put much effort into school.

I've been broken up with my ex-gf for a couple months now and as much as I KNOW there's no chance of getting back together - I don't even want to - she's constantly on my mind. We were each other's first relationship and when we broke up it was a mutual decision but I mostly did it because I knew she wasn't as happy as she used to be, and she wasn't happy because... I don't really know. There was some poor communication on that front. We agreed to be friends and even though our last discussion was positively amiable it's been a month since and I'm actually nervous to try speaking to her again. It doesn't help that she recently got a job, which honestly makes me jealous of her. I don't want to be, I shouldn't, but I am.

And that's gotten me thinking about how ****ed up relationships can be at times. Because a person who means so much to you one day can turn into someone you never speak to, even feel malice for, regardless of whether you end your relationship on good terms. This might sound personal but I know my relationship isn't the only one like that. Is it idealist of me to want to be friends with someone I used to date?

Some of these things are ridiculous and I wish I could just put them away instead of being bitter but that's proven extremely difficult to do. I'm just so frustrated sometimes and I know that I want to change things but I don't know where to begin, at least on the more personal matters I don't.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
The only reason I don't have my license yet is because I'm literally the only one out of all my friends who has to pay 100% for all my driving lessons. Parents aren't helping me there. All my friends had theirs paid for and got their N license...and tend to rub it in my face. Been trying to get a job for ages too, to no avail.

Also, left my university work to the last day of course...am I ever going to defeat this procrastination problem?
Have you considered asking your parents to pay for maybe half of it? If you make a convincing argument as to why it's so important for you and how you can't afford it by yourself then maybe they'll help you out.

I spoke to my driving instructor today, for some reason he couldn't do midday today so we'll have to meet later{only 1 lesson today then I guess}. I asked if it'll be possible to get my receipt for my lessons and he told me that wouldn't be a problem. So I guess I'll found out later if everything's ok or if I'm getting scammed.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So the second time I resent my application to Salie-mae my income based application was inflated because one of my paystubs had overtime on it and Salie-mae is too much of a bureaucratic auto-mated industry to calculate my incomer based repayment based on my regular pay rate{which is marked clearly on the stub} instead of the overtime.

So now I'm sending them my pay stubs for the third time. However they made it clear that they need my most recent pay-stubs which may be an issue when I send them my stubs that are at least a week behind on the account I haven't had job in the past few wees. This sucks.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Before I paid him my instructor was early, after I've payed him he's at least 20 minutes late. This does not bode well.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
you ever think of getting a tumblr or blog, froggy? or even a personal diary? i mean christ.

anyways, i'm pretty miffed that i dropped my large ice coffee while biking home and i only took one sip of it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
you ever think of getting a tumblr or blog, froggy? or even a personal diary? i mean christ.

anyways, i'm pretty miffed that i dropped my large ice coffee while biking home and i only took one sip of it.
I tried a blog once. Lost interest because it got 0 views. Posting my problems don't feel validated unless other people bear witness to it.

I'm upset that my unemployment hasn't come through yet. I should be having fun ****ing *****es right now. Not worrying about money.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I started my four essays for TASP yesterday :( Not close to done with three of them and haven't even started the fourth... I really want to go too, but the deadline is at midnight and I don't know if I can make it. Don't know why I do this to myself.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I tried a blog once. Lost interest because it got 0 views. Posting my problems don't feel validated unless other people bear witness to it.

I'm upset that my unemployment hasn't come through yet. I should be having fun ****ing *****es right now. Not worrying about money.
When Smashboards' User Blogs gets fixed, you should set up a blog that chronicles your day to day life.

I reckon it would get a lot of views.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
When Smashboards' User Blogs gets fixed, you should set up a blog that chronicles your day to day life.

I reckon it would get a lot of views.
Any idea when they're gone fix the user-blogs?

Like have of the things I want to post I don't because I don't want to clutter the thread or appear to emo.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Probably by the end of the month.
Cool I'll look out for that.

I'm not sure what's going on with my sister and I's relationship. We've never actually met because our parents hid her from the family. We've only spoken online and once over the phone. We'll go these long periods without talk and then have some really aswesome/fun conversations in a short period. We become friends over the internet. We're finally in the same country again and she doesn't want to meet. The other members of the family hurt her and so she doesn't want to meet me. I wish it all wasn't so weird for her. I just want us to be friends.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
every single time i get even the slightest whiff of marijuana my head starts hurting like crazy, freaking neighbors. i hope my brother doesn't come back smellin like that dank **** nahmean

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
3D makes me not want to go into game design = 3=;;;;;
Which is silly because 3D is ya know...kind of a big part of games

(not 3D as in glasses n stuff....3D as in 3d modeling n all that fun stuff)

I'm improving...it just takes me forever to get motivated to do the work and to actually get stuff done.
I'd rather be drawing and working on my focus as a concept artist....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried blogging once when I was a teenager, but my problems were stupid. Basically it all stemmed from what I really wanted was
to get laid
But I never wrote THAT

3D makes me not want to go into game design = 3=;;;;;
Which is silly because 3D is ya know...kind of a big part of games

(not 3D as in glasses n stuff....3D as in 3d modeling n all that fun stuff)

I'm improving...it just takes me forever to get motivated to do the work and to actually get stuff done.
I'd rather be drawing and working on my focus as a concept artist....
Well, your a lot farther along them I am. And at a better school.

I have to teach myself most everything, giving me more chance to do it wrong

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm so tired of my ****ing weakass computer. Warranty or not, I'm tired of it breaking every other month. I'm buying a computer as soon as I get a new job and this time I'll make sure it's durable.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Odd that my driving instructor is complaining that I didn't tell him I wouldn't be doing a class with him yesterday when we never actually scheduled appointment. In fact when I was to schedule the appointment with him he told me he'd call me to schedule it. W/E

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm supposed to be modeling a chainsaw

3D is hard = 3=;;;
i just want to draw and get work for my portfolio/commissions so i can pay rent done
but homework. blah

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Have you considered asking your parents to pay for maybe half of it? If you make a convincing argument as to why it's so important for you and how you can't afford it by yourself then maybe they'll help you out.

I spoke to my driving instructor today, for some reason he couldn't do midday today so we'll have to meet later{only 1 lesson today then I guess}. I asked if it'll be possible to get my receipt for my lessons and he told me that wouldn't be a problem. So I guess I'll found out later if everything's ok or if I'm getting scammed.
Yeah I tried that. Didn't work too well. I know they love me and all but...yeah. We are very poor so I can understand if they can't contribute at all. Just kind frustrating though. I did get my student loan today though so my tuition will be covered. Now just hoping I can find a part time job soon.

Actually, Clown's most recent lengthy post in this thread is very resemblant to my life. A little too close...0_0.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yeah I tried that. Didn't work too well. I know they love me and all but...yeah. We are very poor so I can understand if they can't contribute at all. Just kind frustrating though. I did get my student loan today though so my tuition will be covered. Now just hoping I can find a part time job soon.

Actually, Clown's most recent lengthy post in this thread is very resemblant to my life. A little too close...0_0.
Growing up poor sucks, it's something that never really resonated with me until I came back home. I can't comprehend what it's like vending on the street so you can have food at home at night. This world is whack.

I'm kinda annoyed with my sister not wanting to meet with me, and starting and leaving chats whenever she wants. The next time we're talking, we're doing it over the phone.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Thanks for that Falcon, I didn't want to triple post agian.

I got perma-banned on CBR forums again, and honestly I kinda feel like it was unavoidable. Posting there simply isn't fun unless I'm causing trouble.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm in the final semester of my computer science degree and I have been assigned the first project in my last computer science class. Right now, I'm freaking out big time over this. I'm probably one of the few people in my major here that absolutely hates it and I never did any coding outside of classes because I find it boring as hell.

My assignment consists of making an interface, except I have no idea how to do that at all. My other problem is that this major has done some crazy stuff with my psyche (some for the better), namely that I cannot look at code, even if it's not mine, without being confused or panicking. It was the same thing that caused me to drop a 3D modeling class last semester.

So you're probably wondering why I've put myself through this hellhole? It's a bit of a long story so I'll try to keep it concise. I never knew what I wanted to do when I grew up, and it seemed like the one thing I might like was computer science since I wanted to be a game developer (oh the naivete). Come my junior year, I realized that I never knew what I wanted after all, that I wasn't always honest with myself, and that I didn't know who I was. I'm still in this major because I'm so far in that I'm better off just finishing it and quitting in the last semester does not look good to employers.

Top Bottom