• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Starting to come to the realization of how bad my work environment is. I thought being the ine person ignored consistently in the department wasnt something that would take a toll but it is.

My coworkers started out fine but slowley they stopped greeting me, inviting to lunch occasionally, or even making eye contact at this point. They just drop off my work as quick as possible, that is unless they need something from me then theyll be nice to me again for the time that takes. Everytime new training is brought up it gets put off until seemingly being forgotten about.

Ive had issues with confidence, anxiety, & depression for years & i feel like it is getting worse when trying to get through a work day or communicate with anyone outside a normal handful of people. My most recent interactions with things like old friends & job interviews have gone poorly & led to an increase of the above issues in a vicious cycle & lack of motivation to even try to improve parts of my life (havent bothered months).

Idk, i am very thankful for the few people who still bother with me irl, the multiple online communities im part of like here, & the mental health treatments ive had. Think things would be alot worse overall without all that.

EDIT - Also unless the weather is really bad someone needs to be physically in the office so one person barely gets to work from home (which would be ideal) when the weather is a little bad or even nice, guess who that is.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sometimes I have these days or weeks where literally everything that can possibly go wrong, goes wrong. Like there are 6 or 7 extremely unlikely negative events that all happen in quick succession, each one literally like a 1 in 100 chance of happening and yet they happen anyway, and just when I think the universe couldn't hate me anymore, it throws another negative life event at me.

Last week, my luck was just so comically bad, it felt like I was the protagonist of a comedy film like National Lampoon's Vacation or Harold & Kumar or something, of course it's a lot less funny in real life.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My car decided not to work so I had to take it to get repaired. There's an unexpected $400 down the drain. :(

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A lot of relatives in my grandparents generation have been passing away in recent times, as is the experience of a lot of young adults. And some of them that used to be incredible sharp and healthy have been going through noticeable declines in physical and mental ability.

They were mostly fortunate enough to live long and fulfilling lives, but still, it's quite depressing to see those that were a fixture of my childhood depart, even if I didn't see them very often. A sobering reminder of my own mortality and one day I'll be there too.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Not about me this time but about a family friend. She is a really good person who always seems to be going above & beyond to help people. I am in shock at how cruel the last 5ish years have been to her of all people with just so many really bad situations being thrown her way. Yesterday (on Easter) we got a call that her husband passed away unexpectedly that morning. They have a kid who is a young teenager too. Its just really sad overall & scary how someone not even that old (also my parents age) & in decent health can be gone so suddenly.

TheLastMaverickHunter

Smash Journeyman
One of my ex-coworkers was a joy to be around and gave me advice on dating and college, but I found out a couple days ago that she hated me deep down. She basically spent a whole year pretending to like me.

I passed her in a video game store recently; I'm pretty sure she noticed me, but avoided eye contact anyway.

Last edited:

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
poop my stupid ****ing pant i ****ing i ****ing i ****ing poop my ****ing stupid pant

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Got to love dr. visits. Was a pain in the ass to even make the appointment, have a referral saying to be seen within 10 days but was told earliest apt was in June. Luckily have a connection who was able to help me get in through someone elses cancelation. Then i show up after a long than usual drive, wait for almost an hour due to the dr running late only to be told they cant comment on my concern since the lab work they had wasnt clear enough & i have go in for more lab work & make another apt.

Would go to another medical group but with my other 2 options according to my insurance, 1 had worse availability & the other was getting ready to send me back & forth between their departments & my current medical group before even telling me their availability. Luckily my issue doesnt seem to be super serious & is getting better but not got going to lie this whole process has made me feel worse in the moment from all the anxiety, stress, & anger ive felt in dealing with this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom