• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UndrGround Presents... *ALMOST READY NEED HELP!*

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm sure that Arrow Chasing can go further. I mean I rarely chase arrows with arrows. First arrow to set up for the looped arrow into chased aerial.

In the end I do this to make my opponent look and hopefully stupid and out of control of the match. In the end I just want control of the fight. Making your opponent paranoid is a good start. Jasona's been playing competitively for years and in Melee was better then myself. But some of these clips just make his Samus look silly. Dodging for no reason out of the possibility that an arrows will come from somewhere off the screen is the height of this.

Jasona

Smash Ace
i never realized how often i got hit in the back. in the future i'll just have to start nairing the arrows and not dodge and DI towards undr. it may look bad, but i need to throw myself into those situations to try to find a way to turn them around. thats just my style. when i see an opportunity to try something new or revisit an area that i sucked in last time, i forget about winning the match and go for it. most of the time it ends badly, but i'm much better now because of it. LOL @ the vid not showing my worst moments

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I need to practice with arrow chasing. If I could use arrow looping, then accurately use it, then I could get more outta it. Glad to have you back.

Archangel Nico

Smash Rookie
Great vid undrdog, I love seeing your application to pit's advanced techniques. Makes me want to focus on implementing arrow looping in my game...love those spaced fairs and sweeted bairs too btw

... also your video made me have a nostalgic moment about my euthanized companion cube :(

CORY

wut
BRoomer
your arrow chasing skills are very impressive : o i'm only starting to figure out how to do set ups like that, though i've gotten to where i can get four arrows looping on my custom HUEG map semidecently ;x

have you tried shooting an arrow forward, then looping it back towards you? i'm not sure if it's viable on smaller stages, due to the amount of room you'd need, but it comes in at a very different angle and can throw people off to be hit in the back instead of the face from a loop if it's feasible.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
WHOA! CORY'S BACK!

I've done it on occasion, but I never pull it off habitually. For some reason I have a much more difficult time with it then I probably should.

IT'S OK NICO! The Cube is alive!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
First post updated and topic altered to comprise all of my compilation videos. ^_^ Newest addition, "Angelus".

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Undrdog, I've been pondering for a while now about arrow looping and your video Angelus made me drift back to those thoughts so I I thought I would ask a question.

Due you feel arrow looping is truly an effect technique? I mean, I would assume your answer is "yes" based on the video, but on flat stages like smashville and the like wouldn't just firing another arrow be more effective? Or maybe you feel the mind games involved are more effective.

Anyway I just thought I would ask. I experiment at times with both (although I don't play competitively... I really don't have the time to dedicate to that) and really, while looping and chasing is fun and nifty at times, I usually only feel that its practical to do it when you couldn't reach your opponent with a more standard/slightly curved arrow anyway.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Undrdog, I've been pondering for a while now about arrow looping and your video Angelus made me drift back to those thoughts so I I thought I would ask a question.

Due you feel arrow looping is truly an effect technique? I mean, I would assume your answer is "yes" based on the video, but on flat stages like smashville and the like wouldn't just firing another arrow be more effective? Or maybe you feel the mind games involved are more effective.

Anyway I just thought I would ask. I experiment at times with both (although I don't play competitively... I really don't have the time to dedicate to that) and really, while looping and chasing is fun and nifty at times, I usually only feel that its practical to do it when you couldn't reach your opponent with a more standard/slightly curved arrow anyway.
Undrdog has played many games against that Samus, so I'm sure the Samus is very comfortable fighting against Pit, and is aware of Undrdog's strategies and mindgames. Yet, we see many effective uses of the arrow looping in his videos. Either that Samus is really nooby (very unlikely), or Undrdog is lying to us all by only taking the successes out of a billion fails (very unlikely).

So I think it's safe to say that he has successfully incorporated it into his mindgames. It just also helps that he executes the loops very well; notice how tight the curves are and consistent the loops tend to be. I was also watching the his Pit character sometimes and he doesn't seem to often "disguise" his arrow guiding, so I think that arrow looping will remain a good tool for a while.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I don't really focus on winning so much as making my opponent feel stupid. While Jasona's not susceptible to this, it's still a very fun way to play competitively. Plus yes, the added mindgames involved are very fun and really messes with people.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I liked the video, especially the song! I'm not sure you needed as many loop arrows as you put in, but it was fun to watch.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Again that was all from just one sitting with sauna. I just went through them quickly and picked out things I found were cool or made me chuckle. I plan on doing these on a regular basis, but probably about a minute and a half in length as oppose to the insanely long ones I've done prior.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
God ****, that's the 2nd best Pit I have ever seen. I never use my arrows with Pit. I might consider it now though.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
nice I showed my friends this vid becasue there were talking about how much the love my arrow looping and now they wanta know what your friend thinks about all your vid being against him?

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
I really liked that vid, makes me feel dumb for not mastering arrow looping yet. I like how effective you make it look when you run in right as the arrow hits and slam him while he's stunned by it. That right there is enough to convince me at least learning to loop arrows is worth it (As if my friends didn't think the arrows were annoying enough already.)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
One of the major differences i see between your arrow looping and mine is that you not only have better aim, but you usually loop it once before going after the opponent, while i loop multiple times, while mostly missing, even if the enemy is close.
There has to be a secret to getting better with aiming. The only time I actually did something that was memorial with arrows was that I used arrow looping to hit a Pit opponent who was using his WoI to recover, which of course Killed him.
I really need to take lessons from you. If you have any advice for me, I really would appreciate it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Updated. Arrow Swarming galore! Seriously, lot's of arrow swarming in my matches now.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I only have watched Angelus but the vid was equal to the music in awesomeness. Do you blend close combat with arrow spamage or do you lean more towards one area?

Plus, will you put that Samus video in the Samus thread? It was pretty good in my view.

:dedede:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
First of all, thanks man. I typically go close range but lately I've been implementing new mindgames via Pit's Arrows.

Samus video? I'm not sure which you mean to be honest. Sauna, (Jasona, the Samus) is currently working on one of his own, however he's going for "true" combos at the moment, which can be hard to come by in this game.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
First of all, thanks man. I typically go close range but lately I've been implementing new mindgames via Pit's Arrows.

Samus video? I'm not sure which you mean to be honest. Sauna, (Jasona, the Samus) is currently working on one of his own, however he's going for "true" combos at the moment, which can be hard to come by in this game.
The one you posted on the first page. It is pretty good for something that looks rushed into creation. It maybe good enough to be in the Samus video thread front page (probably not due to quality. No music ftl). Of course if Jasona has that video, then the video could be left into his discretion.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm still a little confused. Sauna does have one that fits your description but I don't recall posting it anywhere.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Thanks man, it's appreciated. ^_^

Ah and yes a new vid is on it's way! Yeah I know no one cares. And if they do they have something wrong with them. Only a week apart, the content from "Angelus" and this next vid are similar. However this next one will be smaller. Even if it hurts me I'll make sure it's around 1:30. lol

But anyway just keeping to my "One vid a practice session" deal with myself. If anyone has any good music that I should use just throw it at me.

Rules for Music:

1) Nothing offensive. Language, Drug References, Sexual Themes, ect...
2) Not over used.
3) Must in some way have to do with Pit, Angels, Arrows, Looping, ect...
4) Prefer upbeat however I'm aware that a slower paced song would be a nice course too.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
"Breaking Free - Into That Blue, Blue Sky" has been released! Yeah I know, I know. But still it's not too long this time. However it is more of that same old thing. What making these videos does though is force me to study the videos for what actually matters, and what I find funny. If I feel some of the stuff I do might make ya'll laugh, then it's probably damaging to my opponent psyche. >_> Luckily Sauna has managed to build a resistance to this with his own brand of being obnoxious. In a Samusy way. lol

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
UndrDog, you're the sole reason I wish my WiFi worked haha. I'd love to ditto you or even try to take you on with my Wario.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Added "On Wings Called Courage" to first post. Probably my worst yet due to the loss of a bunch of our matches from that day. However as many of you already know it demonstrates the new AT Variant, SlideStep Pivoting.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You simply got the better aim. And even though I battle online, I'm perhaps the only one of my kind. I use arrow looping and blitzing there. And while I learn more about wing cancelling, my power must be known.
Your new addition is great to me, and enjoyable. The ironic thing is that your opponent is always Samus. And plus, im the one that wants to battle you, and give me some more technique advice.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
"Stutter Step'n!? - Not Exactly..." is out! Not a big deal but Super SlideStepping application is shown heavily in this one. ^_^

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Another good video! I see the super slidestep as being useful for going past long range attacks, such as Samus' Z-air, or projectiles. It was nice to see the Angel Ring application in there.

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
lol, I have to say the best video yet. Very well done with the super slidestep.

Khaos Blackdragon

Smash Cadet
I never thought that arrow chasing and arrow blitzing could be useful in an actual match. I need to start including that in my game along with super slidestepping!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm still jealous, but maybe it's because I'm trying to do those arrow tricks online, and though i did get Arrow KOs a few times before, it just does not feel the same, and those techniques... I need to learn them.
And are you going to face another target rather than a Samus? It's not a bad thing but i rarely got to fight a Samus with Pit to be honest.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Samus is my main competition, and a very fast Samus is better then a very fast Pit. Jasona is slowly catching up to Pit's speed and will soon work as a counter to everything I do. As you can tell Samus is built to counter Pit. She's just not fast enough to do so... Yet.

In other words, Samus keeps me thinking outside the box and is the reason for discovering new techniques and mindgames. However I will admit that Jasona is the only competition I see on a daily to semi-daily basis. And since I decided to make a compilation vid of every practice rather then put thirty matches online odds are you'll keep seeing Samus for awhile. Sorry guys.

Top Bottom