• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Un-Nerf Kirby Thread!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I wish Kirby wasnt so slow and such. If he was made better, that would make sense. Kirby isnt so balanced though, as he doesnt have main strong moves at all... so we have to see.

Anyways. I love how the DS remake also brought a few monsters and bosses from the other handheld games.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad they took out the fire dash, it wasn't that good. It would get you into risky situation sometimes. This dash looks quicker and better.

Also, looking at the video, Kirby seems a lot better. To bad we couldn't see him fight real opponents, so that we could see if his hits really counts on this one.

Go SuperStar for DS!!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
a new kirby game for the DS? and it has co-op??? heck yes! and I am glad kirby looks better and doesnt have that fire attack, every time I used it It always turned things for the worse.

when I say looks better I mean he looks like he fights better.

Break

Smash Apprentice
Ug, it seems they made the graphic style less appealing in that Kirby Super Star remake for the DS; nonetheless, I'm still glad the game is finally getting a remake. Hopefully Kirby will be higher tier material this time around, though I'll probably end up maining him even if he isn't.

Notice how Dynablade looks like crap in the new version?
Original

Remake

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Are you serious, though? You think the remake's sprites are worse? I respectfully but firmly disagre, sir. The new sprite is a lot more defined and the colors blend far better.

Break

Smash Apprentice
Are you serious, though? You think the remake's sprites are worse? I respectfully but firmly disagre, sir. The new sprite is a lot more defined and the colors blend far better.
I didn't necessarily mean worse, I just prefer the older graphics to the new ones. The new ones are missing that retro-Kirby feel.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Lol, found this on deviantart:

Super-buffed swallow FTW :p

As for something on topic his new aerial hammer looks pretty powerful and I luuuv his new dash attack, plus it's bound to better than that cursed fire dash

Tony_

Smash Ace
Kirby will be buffed up. He was pathetic in Melee compared to his N64 brother. He might be back to the same way because Pika is also regaining his power.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
In that video, which looks better here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26689.html), Kirby seems to have a slightly tweaked Back Throw. You can see it at :57 in my link.

Basically Kirby starts a suplex backward, but then seems to flip at the peak and moves back toward where he began. I don't know if this will be useful for new Kirbycides though.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
In that video, which looks better here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26689.html), Kirby seems to have a slightly tweaked Back Throw. You can see it at :57 in my link.

Basically Kirby starts a suplex backward, but then seems to flip at the peak and moves back toward where he began. I don't know if this will be useful for new Kirbycides though.
This rocks. Suplex Kirby toss.

< then >> then THROW.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
if used right any chaarcter can be great in melee.
i mastered kirby and sure uber fox players still killed me but much wasnt in it.the same with marth etc.
bowser was the same.if you could time him right he is a hell of a character.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
"Originally Posted by Professor X View Post

Basically Kirby starts a suplex backward, but then seems to flip at the peak and moves back toward where he began. I don't know if this will be useful for new Kirbycides though."

PERFECT that means that you won't be able to kirbycide with that move anymore, which also means that you can't get out in the middle of the move! Btw its his forward throw, not back throw.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
i also agree, in ssb64 i mained as kirby. In melee i tried and i mean i tried hard to use him but it just was too far from the way he was before.
Heh, same here!
Kirby needs to be stronger!

All in favor...?

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'll just try a movelist...

B: Suck. Obv.
Side B: Cutter Boomerang
Down B: Stone. When activated, stones appear around kirby and fly together to form his stone coat. Anyone inbetween him and the stones gets hurt. When Down B is released, the rocks fly off and do damage, as well as becoming like Samus's armor after Zero Lasering.
UpB: Warp Star. Summons a Warp Star. Instead of flying to the front of the screen, he just flies up and then crashes down. Less powerful than a normal warp star, does damage going up.

Standard A is the same.
Ftilt: Pulls out the Cutter sword and slashes with it.
Utilt: Uses the "Flaming Hammer Uppercut"
Dtilt: Yo-Yo (From Kirby Super Star)(IF you have a better idea, please tell me)

Break

Smash Apprentice
Umm, we kind of already know most of Kirby's moveset, so what's the point of speculation?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You have to hang with Kirby to make him your best weapon. I stuck with Kirby from 64 to the GameCube and still have no problems, I think the people who have problems are weak and only master easy to use characters. Why are you people weak huh!!!

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
kirby pawned in SSB64, and he was terrible in melee, a balance is due, maybe bring back his running tackle instead of that horrid fireball for a dash A

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
From watching the videos from e-for-all Kirby seem to have been de-nerfed his rock falls faster his hammer seems to be different and he doesn\'t fly when he\'s hit so it\'s all good.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So... Kirby. Now that Dedede is confirmed, I'm curious.

What strengths can Kirby realistically have?

Metaknight has combos, speed in attacks and movement, strength, and long, disjointed hitboxes... and he is apparently mid-weight.
What advantages could Kirby realistically have over MK to make it a fair fight?

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
That would be a question probably best answered by T!mmy seeing as he did go to the event thingy, and played as Metaknight, so he could probably compare best. But yea Kirby should have some things over Meta Knight.

Top Bottom