• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Un-Nerf Kirby Thread!

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Then don't complain about Kirby just don't use him and be that much better with the others then.
WTF? This thread is about KIRBY, not "others".

You don't seem to read posts before replying.

SSJ4Kazuki said:
Kirby: The stone needs less startup lag.
Kirby: That horribly useless nair needs to be replaced. It gets out-prioritorised
even WITH it's awful range.
Kirby: Fix all those odd sweet spots.
Kirby: Enemies need to not sink down so much when escaping the mouth.
The mouth also needs to be harder to escape, cos it's fun messing around in there.
Kirby needs that slide attack from his games.
Kirby's attacks need to be a teeny tiny bit weaker than they were in SSB64.
Not completely destroyed, like in Melee.
Kirby should be able to gain abilities from some enemies in story mode.
A new "Zombie" power from redead, and the Ice climber power from polar bear.
Kirby: Additional Stun and Damage to Aerial Hammer
Kirby: Stone shield breaks (maybe like Pound), can be picked up when he is stationary and thrown, when you dash and input Bdown he does a dash attack(stone rolling move) similar to the current Melee one.
Kirby: Ground Hammer does heavy damage to Shield.
Kirby: The down air needs to be harder to escape/be less DI-able out of.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
He needs good forward and backward throws, the ones he has now are too easy to break out of.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
If people are going to keep complaining about one charcter I might aswell make an un-nerf Marth thread he can be improvedjust like ant other character and the only thing I'll give on about Kirby are those two throws.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
un-nerf kirby
they should start with what they had in ssb and tone him down a little but not as much as they did for brawl
kirby is my fav
he was my ssb main(cuz i love him so much not cuz he was top tier, i didn't even know what a tier list was then)
he was my meele main(reduced to backup cuz he was nerfed so badly)
i think just a little more priority and a little more ko power, it is so hard to ko with kirby in meele
and some use of his other powers would rule, he probably has the most moves for a possible moveset
currently only stone, hammer, cutter, burning, and suplex(its one of his throws, right?) are represented.
his moves from smash have become a power so why can't more of his powers become moves for smash?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
They should start by making his smashes not suck utter ***.

Just a thought.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
If people are going to keep complaining about one charcter I might aswell make an un-nerf Marth thread he can be improved..
Now that's just fcuking stupid.

Marth? Improved? I don't know what your smoking, but I want some.

Have you no shame? Do you ever stop making posts like these?

Kirby NEEDS improving, because he is one of the worst characters in the game.

But Marth? He is one of, if not THE best character in the game (2nd only to Fox).

We might as well NOT make an un-nerf Marth thread, because not only was he
not in a Smash Bros game to get nerfed in the FIRST PLACE, he is also ONE OF THE BEST
CHARACTERS IN THE GAME. If anything, there should be a NERF MARTH thread. Which there is anyway.

If you can't post intelligently, don't post at all. And "as well" is two words, not one.

EDIT: I don't believe it... You actually made an un-nerf Marth thread... You moron...

Something tells me this is about post count.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
If people are going to keep complaining about one charcter I might aswell make an un-nerf Marth thread he can be improvedjust like ant other character and the only thing I'll give on about Kirby are those two throws.
Do you honestly work at being this stupid? This is both not funny and moronic. Why would our enjoyment of characters being put at a level of "Playable" make it okay for Marth being "un-nerfed" even though he's top tier?

You're just being ********. Leave our Kirby thread alone.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Argh no way!

The easiness to escape should be based on %. Or wait, I think it is already.

Either way, make it harder to escape, but make it send you upward slightly if you manage.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Honestly, if they want to make Kirby not suck, they just have to up his melee.

His spin (Nair) needs better priority. It would make sense too. Even if the range wasn't increased.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yay for Kirby buffing topic. ^_^ I main kirby and I sometimes really hate it when about everytime I attack kirby's leg gets struck on peach's dsmash from a mile away, even if I were to kick her first. :/ Kirby's priority needs some puffing (pun) and make em less able to be CC'ed. It's not really fair when samus can cc kirby's dair to dsmash at like 150% :/ Not to mention bair. Fair doesn't need much improvement, good for floathers juggling, but bair needs a lot more priority and uair a bit more range for at least one KO weapon. And god, make his short hop easier, please. Cutter should have a bit more priority. It's a sword, but contrary to this anyone can easily sneak a turnip, projectile or nair and then make all of kirby's jumps go away. It was a guaranteed cutterspike on the original if you were to mess with the cutter. Now it's just a very tough to do meteor and not practical. :/ Interrupting kirby's cutter is gay, considering Kirby doesn't have bomb jump or grapple beam or gay priority behind his cutter. As others have said, dair should have less startup lag and a bit more priority. Kirby needs some kind of a move to protect himself from below, since he dies upwards easily enough. I don't agree that his suicide throws should be more unbreakable, since if kirby were to have unbreakable throws, too easy kirbycides and noob fun anyone? Everyone would start to whine about how cheap kirby is if the throws were beefed like that. But I must say his dthrow should have a lot less lag, so neutrals and floathers couldn't mess him up with nair. Others don't get nairs on their faces. >_> Kirby's nair is good and fast, but it takes way too long to wait for it to end and it doesn't have knockback enough to use in any comboes. His hammer should be more deadly, considering how slow and easy to avoid it is, plus it needs to be sweetspotted. Aerial hammer is good as it is, but at least I tend to get naired way too often for it to work consistently. Usmash needs to have a bigger sweetspot, fsmash less laggy so he doesn't get shieldgrabbed every time he tries to actually kill somebody. Dtilt could use a teenywee bit more range for edgeguarding purposes, so could dsmash too. Samus can hit him with screw attack if he tries either of those. :/ So can peach and marth. My two cents, though SSJ4Kazuki seemed to have better ideas on how to make kirby better. :3

the iron peach

Smash Apprentice
I agree with nearly everything Samochan just said. I still think that the fthrow and bthrow should be harder to break out of, just so you can actually land them, even if not trying to kirbycide. They could easily break out with enough buttonmashing off the stage, but it would take some really fast fingers to get out before being slammed into the stage. This could make these throws useful for something other than kirbyciding.

Samochan

Smash Master
I agree with nearly everything Samochan just said. I still think that the fthrow and bthrow should be harder to break out of, just so you can actually land them, even if not trying to kirbycide. They could easily break out with enough buttonmashing off the stage, but it would take some really fast fingers to get out before being slammed into the stage. This could make these throws useful for something other than kirbyciding.
That would be very nice, cept' that it might be tough to code. Then you need to take platforms into consideration, not to mention moving obstacles. @_@ I dunno if that could be even done. If kirby's throws were left the same, they'd still have some kirbycide and regular throw potential left and nobody would come and whine about kirbycides, but if they were beefed, we could get two set up throws for some variety (uthrow sucks, imo) and better kirbycide, but then kirby would be quite broken and everyone would whine about how kirby can just get a stock ahead then kirbycide the other stocks, like fox can laser stuff then run away for the rest of the match. :/ Kirbycides always work as a suprise tactic. If one can just quickly build up some 40% damage, then lead it to edge and fast b/fthrow them, they won't get away unless they have superhuman reaction times and wriggling skills. Plus bthrow works as a great setup for bair if they do break free, if they're dazed enough not to make anything before kirby can kick them. Even my friend gets hit like this sometimes, since he expects an uthrow and he has way more kirby experience than a kirby player can handle (one of Kirby's greatness being the few amount of kirby players and experience versus him, so it's not fun when your opponent knows both your style and character thoroughly >_>;; ).

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Just leave them how they are, but make them so you can'r break out in mid throw it leaves the suicide option there and it would make them usable throws.

REØ

Smash Lord
i think kirby should be un-nerfed as well as all the characters lower than the middle tier, and the top tier characters should be nerfed so that they could make almost every characer as equal as possible

Samochan

Smash Master
Imo, only the top 5 need some serious balancing (some was done on pal version) and the lower tiers need to be beefed up so that it's not all over when you get hit once and it's all over, contrary to when lower tiers need to work hard to even get damage in without getting themselves killed or comboed to oblivion. ._.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
i think kirby should be un-nerfed as well as all the characters lower than the middle tier, and the top tier characters should be nerfed so that they could make almost every characer as equal as possible
Equal characters would make the game bland and uninteresting to apoint where it gets old fast. If you choose to be a low tier you have to work harder, but it is still possible to beat the high tier characters. Zombie is Roy and beats the best Sheik in Perrysburg all the time.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Idk, I sorta would like all the people to be about balanced, just with varying specialties. Speed, jumping, range, defense, strength etc. add enough variety as is. Just don't make characters that are really fast, strong, with good range, exceptional defense, etc. and on the otherhand make weak, slow, low ranged characters. Some people really like Kirby and yet have to work harder just to beat a Sheik just because of lack of balance and that's not really fun. Oh and un-nerf Ness too.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Equal characters would make the game bland and uninteresting to apoint where it gets old fast. If you choose to be a low tier you have to work harder, but it is still possible to beat the high tier characters. Zombie is Roy and beats the best Sheik in Perrysburg all the time.
I have to completely disagree with you Basement Dweller. If all the characters were as equal as possible two similarly skilled players could have a very fun game with their favourite characters instead of one of those players of equal skill mauling the other just because of the character he chose. Sure when you win its great but I don't think that makes up for the amount of times you will lose solely due to character choice.

At least for me it wouldn't.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That says nothing about raw capabilities vs raw capabilities.

If you find a good Roy player, it's tricky to fight.

If you find a good Shiek player, it's over.

I like balanced games.

Exelyte

Smash Rookie
Kirby really needs to get some of his old bang back. It's just stupid that he was nerfed so badly. I mean he's the main for countless numbers of people, who now were forced to either switch characters or learn to accept losing.

Srsly, Kirby (along with many low tiers) need to be rebalanced. I cant understand why any sane person would prefer an unbalanced game. I want to be able to main kirby because he is my favorite, and not be forced to use someone else because they happen to be better.

the iron peach

Smash Apprentice
They can't really do much about kirby's air mobility. Everything about aerial movement was taken straight out of the games, like a lot of other stuff. Changing that around would take some of that authentic kirby feeling out of it. lol

Master_MetaKnight

Smash Rookie
Kirby should be like he was in SSB64

-But when he was in SSB64 ppl said he was overpowered. btw i liked him better in SSB64

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
he should be halfway between his 64 and SSBM appearances.

what ever happened to Kirby for the gamecube...
I think it was confirmed by the NINDB for the Wii.

I wonder why cook is his super smash attack, why not paint, or better yet, crash?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I say they totally revamp Kirby using the new moves from his upcommng DS game.

- up-b: replace the blade move with the cape in the vid. This gives Meta knight his own up-b rather than Kirby using it as well.
- side-b: replace the hammer (which sucks!) with those yellow bomerang blade things.
- down-b: have it still do the Stone when you're in the air, but when on the ground have Kirby pull bombs.
- neuteal-b: keep it as suck up/use stolen powers.

Incorporate some of the ninja bandana moves into his standard attacks, and that would make for a pretty kickass Kirby. ^_^

Top Bottom