• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

Fletch

Smash Master
Got my cube, now I just need a copy of Melee since I scratched the **** out of my 3rd copy and its no longer working. Got 4 GC controllers too.

mista-sprinkles

Smash Cadet
So i know more people are on this thread so hit either Fletch or me up if you want to play.
We both live in Lincoln Park so if the commute isn't too long we could meet up somewhere.
I now have a tv and cube, so just byoc.

mista-sprinkles

Smash Cadet
If you have time i wouldn't mind playing again tonight.
As mentioned above, i went out and bought a used cube so you would just need to bring your controllers.

mista-sprinkles

Smash Cadet
I think most of his classes are gonna be in the Loop, so he will most likely be living down there, but all students get U-passes so he can get up here for free in about 20 minutes.

Nicole

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282672

hey friends! this is pretty close to you guys. i'm generating hype for it. we have the best from the midwest west coming, along with lain, atomsk, and even eggz all the way from the west coast. housing is free and at the venue, and the party afterwards will be legendary. Don't miss it!

(ps, i know it looks like a bawrl tournament, but it is also melee, as per eggz' request. it's just getting started as a dual brawl & melee event, so dont worry, i'll be putting up the melee rules soon)

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
Hey i live in Des Plaines and i have a bunch of friends that play! We prefer melee. Anyone know of any smashfests going on?

Fletch

Smash Master
You're from Oak Lawn Rat? **** I might go make this tonight, do you guys have a spare nice controller? Mine is at my apartment but I'm going home to my parent's place for the weekend which is about 5-10 mins away.

Rat

Smash Lord
uh. I have my old one. The control stick isn't the best. It tends to float with plugged in. But other than that it's good.

Fletch

Smash Master
uh. I have my old one. The control stick isn't the best. It tends to float with plugged in. But other than that it's good.
I'll see if I can find a controller at home, really wish I checked this thread before I couldn't get back to my apartment.

SDM

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this is still updated, but I am staying in Chicago (Brighton Park area, so Southside I guess?) and work at Broadview, IL. I aso go down UIUC on the weekends. Let me know if there are smashfests I can hop on.

Spazlol

Smash Rookie
Hi, Fairly new smasher here, looking for players to practice with near Schaumburg, I live in Elk Grove Village (right next to Schaumburg, des plains, Roselle, Hoffman Estates, Elmhurst, etc.)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hi, Fairly new smasher here, looking for players to practice with near Schaumburg, I live in Elk Grove Village (right next to Schaumburg, des plains, Roselle, Hoffman Estates, Elmhurst, etc.)
I live in Schaumburg, actually. Grew up in EG.

I've been out of the smash scene for a LONG time though. I wouldn't be much competition I'm afraid.

SDM

Smash Cadet
Hey, I don't mind driving to Schaumburg for a smashfests with a couple of you. I'm a bit rusty too. Interested?

Spazlol

Smash Rookie
I have to give a heads up. My house can't be use for smashing purposes, TV recently broke. But if you guys give me a general idea of your location and time in mind I'll get back to you.

videokilledtheradiostar

Smash Journeyman
Oh ****, I haven't been on this site in half a decade. Looking to start up smashing again. Will be in Lisle/Naperville area in December and am down to have a little smashfest.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh ****, I haven't been on this site in half a decade. Looking to start up smashing again. Will be in Lisle/Naperville area in December and am down to have a little smashfest.
I remember the last smashfest I went to was at your place. I also remember sandwiches and or lasagna.

This guy is the real deal, folks.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
There's a bunch of players who smash regularly at UChicago, and I'm trying to play new people. We're in Hyde Park, south side chicago, join our FB group "UChicago Melee" if you can make it down here!

I'm 21 too, and I feel like a really old kid.

AB-80

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm with Windy City Gaming.. new on the tournament scene! February 22nd in Naperville we're having a tournament. Facebook.com/windycityvg -- we have an event page started, join it for pre-reg to reserve a spot. Cash payouts for 1st-3rd place. WCG is dedicated to bringing not only Chicagland Smashers, but gamers in general, together for the best tournaments available. We're new. We're small. But we're going to build our way up from the bottom! So we'd love any of you that are able to attend to come on out!

dugtsujmi

Smash Rookie
damn i was 16-17 last I was here.... 24 now jesus
Watched the smash documentary on youtube and feel like getting back into it.
Chicago/Northside Chicago
West Ridge/Rogers Park

Dr. Mario

Just starting project m

hello all!

PS:
Anyone who attends LUC and plays, lemme know!

Last edited:

yoshq

Smash Master
Hey is anyone free Sunday night to smash and let me stay overnight? I'm gonna be in Chicago for some Visa thing for my dad on Monday and I'm gonna hit up that huge tournament thing... but need somewhere to stay in between.

Top Bottom