• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

Mars-

Smash Champion
Hey Zjiin you can remove link as one of my chars, because I'm way done with link. But put me down for Falco, Ganon, and Jiggs.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hey Zjiin you can remove link as one of my chars, because I'm way done with link. But put me down for Falco, Ganon, and Jiggs.
@ Minty: As the illinois thread master, it's my job to know what people play.

@ Mars: Just two. I'm not about to make a paragraph for every jerk who thinks he can play everyone.

I'll continue to edit when i get home because its a pain in the a$$ to do it on a Wii.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I am Roanoke, so you can link my profile to that

Ripple-Fox/Link/Capt.

Gammage-Sheik/Doc

Chewyy-Samus/Falco

edit: anyone near springfield want to play today

Minty

Smash Apprentice
dang brightside that aerial raptor punch Just OWNED

oh btw zjinn if you need help maintaining this thread i'll be glad to help =P

since i wanna put some my activeness over here lol

Zjiin

Smash Master
Meh. Doesnt matter but..

You can move me from chicago suburbs to Buffalo Grove.

B4tt1enet too, I play with him.
Don't worry about, and it does matter. I know that this list is pretty inaccurate at the moment, but the overall goal is to get that fixed. Much appreciated.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
*cough* Lets all get together and host a big Chicago tourn =P

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Guys, this might sound a little weird...

But AltF4Master(?) is hosting a tourney in Arizona 6-8 days after Brawl comes out to host a Brawl tourney.

I'd love to do something like this, but I don't know where I'd host something like this, or if anyone would even be interested.

I mean, think about it.

It's a fresh game. We know nothing about it, there's no tiers yet, everyone starts fresh(ish).

I dunno.... Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Mars-

Smash Champion

But AltF4Master(?) is hosting a tourney in Arizona 6-8 days after Brawl comes out to host a Brawl tourney.

I'd love to do something like this, but I don't know where I'd host something like this, or if anyone would even be interested.

I mean, think about it.

It's a fresh game. We know nothing about it, there's no tiers yet, everyone starts fresh(ish).

Good idea but, we aren't really starting fresh, cause we already know so much about this game.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Good idea but, we aren't really starting fresh, cause we already know so much about this game.
True and untrue.

We know a lot about melee.

Who's to say Brawl is gonna be the same?

Or different for that matter?

Zjiin: Who said I second'd Doc? O_O I mean, he's on my list of other characters, but I'd say I use Bowser more that Doc. Hell, I use Falcon/Samus more than Doc.

Or maybe this is a sign that I need to pick up Doc again.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Brawl tourny a few days after it comes out? Sounds fun to me.

If you do end up doin' it just say when and where. I'd do what I could to get there.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sweetness.

I'll wait on some more feedback, see if anyone would be interested, and I'll start poking around; see if there's anywhere I could get this hosted at.

Or, if anyone has any other place in mind (or wants to host), be my guest.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'd be up for the brawl tourney if it wasn't to far away. Champagin or Springfield, somewhere in the middle of Illinois would be nice. So everyone in illinois could come. I'm not driving to chicago (8 hours) for it.

@Rob Gambino: You don't main Yoshi anymore?

Minty

Smash Apprentice
O d i n i'll be glad to help you host Brawls.. Hmm how bout a dual tournament.. we could do Melee followed by Brawls sorta like Remembering the Old and bringing in the new =P. hm... plus dang... we would need a lot of wiis lol

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
O d i n i'll be glad to help you host Brawls.. Hmm how bout a dual tournament.. we could do Melee followed by Brawls sorta like Remembering the Old and bringing in the new =P. hm... plus dang... we would need a lot of wiis lol
Coolio! ^ ^ I thought a Brawl tourney so close after launch would be fun.

Wii would need a lot of Wiis (see what I did there?)... I'm not sure if I'm cozy with bringing mine yet... but we'll see.

Glad this isn't that stupid of an idea. ^ ^

Mars-

Smash Champion
I had this awesome melee idea. Okay so when I play in debug develop mode I sometimes make the stage and background all white when I don't know what command I am trying to do, and it just looks like you are in space, but the stage is still there and everything. Have a tourny with that, like a Melee stage knowledge tourny.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I had this awesome melee idea. Okay so when I play in debug develop mode I sometimes make the stage and background all white when I don't know what command I am trying to do, and it just looks like you are in space, but the stage is still there and everything. Have a tourny with that, like a Melee stage knowledge tourny.
Sounds kinda broken. :-? Literally too. XD

Not a horrid idea, but I think this would work better as a "friendly match" idea. :-? Not that I don't like it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can probably host a tourny at my place in springfield. my place is huge

B.W.

Smash Champion
You know I should probably find out where everything is before I make any promises.

Hell I don't even know where I am.

Zjiin

Smash Master
We used to do that and play the temple. It really doesn't make it that much more difficult to play, if you've been playing SSBM for 7 years lol.

True and untrue.
Zjiin: Who said I second'd Doc? O_O I mean, he's on my list of other characters, but I'd say I use Bowser more that Doc. Hell, I use Falcon/Samus more than Doc.
heh, sorry. When i get home from work i'll edit it otherwise.

I mean, think about it.

I think it's a great idea. Just hope it's close-ish.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
Coolio! ^ ^ I thought a Brawl tourney so close after launch would be fun.

Wii would need a lot of Wiis (see what I did there?)... I'm not sure if I'm cozy with bringing mine yet... but we'll see.

Glad this isn't that stupid of an idea. ^ ^

same here lol =P im not cozy with bringing mine as well.. SO to whoever out there wants to bring it do the honors lol.

I was hoping the tourn be in Skokie or. Chicago lol i cant travel far.. Plus i think thats exam week for me.. 6-7 days after brawls is release would be.. the 9th or the 10th and 10th is study day for finals so how about pushing it up to like near christmas? or something

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I could have mine be a 2 day event so its worth it to come down from chicago

videokilledtheradiostar

Smash Journeyman
i think a tournament right after Brawl comes out is a great idea. I had the same thoughts too, and would of course have brawl by then....

Vro

Smash Lord
Falco player from Hinsdale.

Also, this thread is awesome. Please accept a bag of rice.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Hmm, what if you have to unlock characters in brawl? **** that would be fun, "**** that was a close match, WTF NEW CHALLENGER!!! OMG *Insert character name here* IS IN BRAWL!"

Edit: 1000 posts

Top Bottom