• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate, fastest way to unlock everything (in under 2hours)

Zonic100

Smash Cadet
I did some calculations...
8 seconds per match. (According to OP)
8 seconds X 450 matches = 3600 seconds
Divide into to 60.....
It would actually take about an hour.

"Lip's Stick Method" shaves off about 3 or 4 seconds I would imagine so.........
If one used the "Lip's Stick Method", conformed to your conditions,
It would probably take about 35 to 45 minutes to unlock everyone.

I'm guessing there's a midnight release due to the the tournament.
So if you go to gamestop at Midnite of the 8th,
Say you live 10 miles from the nearest gamestop....
You leave at 11:30 from your house at a rate of 35 mph.
You should reach the store after about 17 minutes.
Factor in about a minute and a half for every red light.
Say you pass about 4 lights. 23 minutes.
You should reach the store at about 11:53.
Get in line (there WILL be a line) and add about 2 minutes for every person in front of you, and an extra 3 minutes for each jerk that uses a credit or debit card.
Say there's 4 people in front of you, 2 using a card. 14 minute wait added to the 7 minutes to midnight.
By the time you get at the counter, it should be 12:14.
You leave the store at about 12:16 at the same rate of 35 mph.
You should get home at about 12:49.
By the time you inside and turn on the Wii, I would guess that it would be 12:53.
Allow yourself 2 minutes to drool over the Box. 12:55
By the time you finish the lipstick method, it should be around 1:40. Perfect time.
You have about 28 hours and 20 minutes to Smash until you have to get ready for work or school on 6:00 on Monday. Take off an hour for church if your must. Subtract about 5 minutes for everytime you faint from excitement.
If i could put this in my signature.

I would.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
This is awesome. I don't want to play through SSE, and I just want all the characters as fast as I can get them. This thread rules.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Where's the fun in this? =[
My thoughts exactly. Also, this method doesn't include trophies/stickers, which I suppose are just there to show off.

Anyways, I'll stick to enjoying my time with the game, thanks.

fallen-angle

Smash Rookie
Ahem....

<anger> FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE, THE THREAD IS NOT "THE WAY YOU MUST USE TO UNLOCK ALL CHARACTERS SO SUCK IT UP ****ERS!!1!LOL". IT IS THE FASTEST POSSIBLE WAY TO UNLOCK ALMOST EVERYTHING, IN JUST ABOUT AN HOUR.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CONCEPT OF WAITING AN EXTRA HOUR TO PLAY, OR WANT TO GENUINELY PLAY THROUGH THE GAME THAT IS FINE. BUT, NO ONE ELSE CARES, NO ONE.

OF COURSE THE METHOD IS BORING, NO ONE WILL ENJOY HAMMERING THE START BUTTON FOR AN HOUR. HOWEVER, ONE MIGHT HAVE HEARD OF THE PHRASE "THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS." i WILL GLADLY WAIT ONE EXTRA HOUR FOR THE CHANCE TO PLAY WOLF RIGHT AWAY.

THAT SAID, HOW ABOUT WE LIMIT THIS THREAD TO CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS ON HOW TO SPEED UP THIS TEDIOUS PROCESS. THAT WAY OTHER READERS WILL NOT HAVE TO WADE THROUGH 20 PAGES OF POINTLESS WINING AND MEANINGLESS OPINIONS OF UNIMPORTANT PEOPLE.

IF YOU REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE THIS CONCEPT THAT MUCH GO START ANOTHER THREAD SOMEWHERE ELSE AND FLAME IT THERE. </anger>

Thank you.

Halo5GOD

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been discussed already in the thread.

I love this method but I would hate to eff up my statistics.

Is it possible to delete/reset VS Match records like it was in melee? Without suffering any consequences to losing ur chars etc. =) Big thanks for answering to me.. especially if I'm the big nub asking a question that's already been asked.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I think he unlocks after 300 matches, or after you beat SSE
Or by beating Classic mode with ten different characters.

I'm not sure which way to go about unlocking the characters now, I'd probably rather the fun ways of unlocking them over playing hundreds of vs. mode Brawls for hours, even though that would save a great deal of time...

But I'll have lots of time to spend playing the game, it really doesn't matter all that much how fast all the characters are unlocked.

If anything, I think it would add quite a lot to the game to get the characters various ways, rather than after various amounts of Brawls, I think it should be fun, and challenging to unlock each and every character, not just a chore.

It would make the game longer too, there's nothing bad about that, the game will be all the more fresh all the longer like this, you won't be unlocking someone every 5-10 minutes, and you'll be exploring all modes of the game and getting experienced at it as you unlock them, rather than suiciding, that doesn't take much skill.

But the choice is there, all the characters have their own method of unlock involving playing a certain number of Brawls, so it's there for players to choose to do if that is what they desire to do.

You can unlock a handful of characters right away in Classic mode, that's more fun, but it's still quick.

You can unlock Marth by simply clearing it, Luigi by clearing it without continuing, Captain Falcon by clearing it quickly (can't remember how fast), Toon Link by clearing it as Link, Ganondorf by clearing it on Hard or higher as Zelda or Link, and by Clearing it with 10 different characters you can also unlock Sonic.

X Megadragon

Smash Cadet
Wow.

This thread made me laugh. It's a rather quick technique... but seriously, there's no fun in it. It's a complete waste of 50 dollars.

I'd only recommend it if that pesky little brother/sister overwrote your save file. :p

Anile8er

Smash Rookie
From GameFaqs

Unlockable Stages

75m - Brawl as Donkey Kong 20 times

Big Blue (Melee) - Brawl as Captain Falcon 10 times

Electroplankton Stage - Complete Event #28

Flat Zone 2 - Unlock Mr. Game & Watch

Great Sea - Unlock Toon Link

Green Greens - Fight as Kirby in VS mode 20 times

Green Hill Zone - Unlock Sonic

Jungle Japes - Play on any Melee stage 10 times in VS Mode

Luigi's Mansion - Use Luigi in brawl 3 times

Mario Bros - Beat Challenge #19

Pokémon Stadium - Play on Pokémon Stadium 2 10 times in VS Mode

Spear Pillar - Clear stage #25 in Event Mode

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
This thread made me laugh. It's a rather quick technique... but seriously, there's no fun in it. It's a complete waste of 50 dollars.

I'd only recommend it if that pesky little brother/sister overwrote your save file. :p
indeed, because people are going to play brawl for the sole purpose of unlocking the characters. Believe it or not, the people playing melee since its release in 2001 are still unlocking the characters.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Bah, the under 2 hours in the topic title is misleading, since loading times and victory screen delay drags matches out long enough that it'll take more around 3 hours to do this.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
is there a way to turn off pause? because then you could spam start without even looking at the screen for the 1HP method

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
Wondering.. since you can set random stages, wouldn't it save time to put the 4-6 stages you need to unlock certain other stages and characters on random and just press start all the time with lip stick mode?

majora_787

Smash Hero
This involves repetitive play, except for a select few of the event matches. THis is to unlock. ALL the characters. and ALL the stages. in under 2 hours.

The first involves 1 stock matches. Play each other 1v1. One stock matches. One of them should be fox, one should be donkey kong. Play on the level Shadow Moses Fifteen times. Kill yourself with a friend. you should average about 1 game per 8 seconds.
You will Unlock Ness.
Than you will unlock Snake
AND marth
Now play the melee stage of your choice for ten matches
After five more matches with donkey kong and you will unlock 75m
you will also unlock luigi
Have the other player use kirby. Keep on playing on pokemon stadium 2
You should now unlock falco
You should have unlocked all the stages that require repetitive play on stages
Use the fastest runner (Fox) to continue suiciding
You will unlock character by character
By the time you unlock sonic, use him. He is the fastest runner in the game
Suicide with him until you unlock game and watch and flat zone 2
Now you can complete matches the fastest way possible. Suicide as sonic in flatzone 2 . It takes UNDER ONE SECOND. to kill yourself. You can average about 8 matches a minute. so it should now take about 20 min+ to unlock the rest

To get the rest of the stages. speedily do the event matches

That should take under 2 hours =) Enjoy
There's a way faster way. Flowers on in special brawl, give your opponent 1HP. the fights will be about ONE second each.

Randomg

Smash Apprentice
Thought I'd say, it's not as quick as the thread implies, the amount of time to go through menus far exceeds the play time, and it still takes a few hours, just got done doing it.

You obviously play smash for the wrong reason if you think you're wasting $50 just because you wanted to start playing with a full roster sooner.

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
Vs statistics? I'm pretty sure it's in Brawl. And yea it would probably mess with the stats a bit.

I'm probably just going to go the long route and unlock everyone through the subspace emissary. Suiciding is fast, but I don't like rushing too much.
no worries, using the lipstick method, ur fine because it doesn' track stats for special matches, but they still count towards ur total matches played. :laugh:

TuRk E

Smash Apprentice
I didnt get this game for the sse anyway. And after I unlock all the chars who says i still wont play the sse? I just want wolf. The game is still fun.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
The quickest way to finish a match in brawl is to go to special brawl

Choose stamina/flower/fast speed

Set the opponent's HP to 1

As soon as the match starts, the opponent falls and dies.

This helped me get all of the matches necessary to unlock stuff.

_rdm_

Smash Rookie
its clearly faster to immediatly die, the time difference is probally like .5-1 second so you save maybe 3-4 minutes on a 2 hour project, no biggie

ssbm rocks1

Smash Rookie
what about secret characters and pirate ship? can u get those by playing brawls too? or are u wrong and u have to beat SSE?

Top Bottom