• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ultimate DDD mindgame

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
this has happened to me a few times

i dont think anyone can do this on command

(although ive been wrong before...wolf can defiantly "teleport" through the lip on smashville)

can anyone produce this effect on command?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Maybe its the way he hit the edge? Whatever it is I think it can seriously jump DDD a tier..... loosing lag on your recovery is just amazing! That's how I tend to loose stocks.

Soooo tell us how you did it! If you know that is.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
It's an up-b at pixel perfect distance from the edge that only pros can do. You have no chance, so just forget about it...

j/k lol

Seeing as how it's happened to R!S3 a few times, it looks like it wouldn't be that hard to reproduce if you tried for a while. We were laughing our ***** off when it happened though :laugh:

Doval

Smash Lord
That's what practice is for. Look at the superwavedash, the gap is what, one frame? I knew people who had it down pretty good.
Timing something can be practiced and perfected. This is not a timing issue, it's a spacing issue, and we can't discern one pixel from another with such startling accuracy. Plus, this is mostly worthless as a technique, unlike the Super Wavedash, which you could at least attack out of.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Timing something can be practiced and perfected. This is not a timing issue, it's a spacing issue, and we can't discern one pixel from another with such startling accuracy. Plus, this is mostly worthless as a technique, unlike the Super Wavedash, which you could at least attack out of.
i agree if this was a timing issue it would be worth learning...

still hilarious to watch

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha. That legitimately made me laugh out loud for a good minute or so.
I wanna learn how to do it on command xD

whut?

Smash Journeyman
this has actually been posted before, without the vids if i remember right...
pretty cool ey? 10 times more useless than it is cool though!

CO18

Smash Hero
This has happens to me quite a bit. Its even in one of my matches on youtube.

I cant do it intentionally however.

xMiMix

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Ontario. I have a really good connection,
Maybe its the way he hit the edge? Whatever it is I think it can seriously jump DDD a tier..... loosing lag on your recovery is just amazing! That's how I tend to loose stocks.

Soooo tell us how you did it! If you know that is.
Naw, a tier because you can do some weird up b into a ceiling animation and landing on the stage, which I assume ONLY works on Final Destination, seeing as how it has messed up ledges.

No way this can affect anything really. Just a funny trick out to do if someone doesn't expect it.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
This has happens to me quite a bit. Its even in one of my matches on youtube.

I cant do it intentionally however.
You got that vid? I'd like to see it

BTW I like how a few were actually considering it's uses :laugh: If you could pull this out on command as a taunt, you'd be god tier, no questions asked.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
if we could re-create this on command it would be useful just to be able to keep your opponent guessing...but yea way to hard to re-create

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I made a thread about this before and attempted to learn to do it on command. After a full days worth of practice I decided it couldn't be done.

Also, if done correctly it is even more impressive than what was in the video. It has alot of potential if it could actually be done.

CO18

Smash Hero
Looks like yours started a split second earlier than mine, since the sound came out and you landed with the super bust-my-*** animation. I suppose even if you could do it on command, the results would be unreliable.
Yeah I just noticed that lol.

I was wide open for ****.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
..whats the point of it though?

Top Bottom