• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Drivers

Stratford

Smash Champion
Yea Zhu, keep playing Falco, but I buy you maining Peach... for now.

Your fc nairs are sweet and you're pretty fast.

I know watching Shinobi and XIF is more entertaining... but contrary to your belief, Cort is **** good. He beat the other Zhu at ROM. It wouldn't hurt you to be gayer. I don't know **** about Peach, but for starters, cc dsmash more against fox. That can **** Fox's nair/bair until reasonably high percents. Fox's drillshine will still ****, but you can make it slightly more difficult by taking away the nair approach.

And Kinglit - yea, what Bing said. DI. It will come eventually.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Groundfloat nairs are nice and all, but not particularly helpful if you keep doing them from across the stage lol.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
yo zhu, i just watched your set against 1der

LEARN TO DI, for example, di away from marth's fthrow, dont get fsmashed (maybe even away and down, dunno, figure it out) and on poke, when it turns into rock, you dont wanna be on the left side

close *** 2nd match though, i approve, if you would have di'd, you woulda won

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
no it's fine, i buy, you never play legit marths, just get sweet at the falco matchup for now

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Kzhu, you look like you could be amazing with peach. It really looks like you've worked on Peach's technical aspects. I think now you need to learn the ins and outs of the game itself. DI definitely being one thing you need to work on. That will come with playing different opponents, on different stages etc.

Both you and Kinglit look like you have a good feel for your characters technical ability. Now you need to learn when certain technical skills are applied best situationally. That will come with time though.

Keep training guys. :D

SCOTU

Smash Hero
1 thing i noticed when playing you guys (and this'll help you out), is that you do two things that go hand in hand based on the crowd you play with: You A) always expect your opponent to go where it first looks like they're going to go; you never seem to think that they can change where they're going to go, and B) You always go where you first make it look like you're going; whenever you make a move, you've already mentally committed to doing it, you never make moves that look like something other than what you're going to do.

With those two things in mind, it's very obvious why both are true: it's because of the other.

Fortunately, the solution is easy. Now that you can start to realize that you only make moves that are going to turn into full fledged committments, LOOK FOR THAT in your friends when you're playing, and FRIKIN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. If you know that fox is going to fast fall a nair now that he's in the air, just WAIT for him to do the nair, and then do something to **** it. It's important to WAIT for them to ACTUALLY do the commitment, so you don't end up shafting yourselves. If you get in the hang of punishing obvious approaches AFTER they've committed, then you'll have no (unnatural) problems learning to NOT do that kind of action.

Finally, you need to play some new people a bunch. You guys seemed to assume people would play exactly how you expect them to. This is simply a byproduct of playing the same people over and over, without taking regard for other playstyles you've seen/played against. Try to make it out to AA sometime for one of my meleefests (i've got one going for this wednesday evening), you'll get to play a handful of decent players that can give you a chance to realize that your circle isn't the whole metagame.

Kinglit

Smash Cadet
haha so true scotu

i tried playing friendlies with different ppl, unlike those scrubs who were playing each other

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
thx for the advice guys
anyways ill b getting my liscense over the summer (hopefully soon) so ill try to play with whomever.
unfortunately kinglit lives in canton with no liscense :(
where do u live dynasty?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I live in Novi.

feel free to hit me up whenever i'm home im always down. I have recording equipment too so fi you have a tv that has outputs we can record.

Also feel free to IM us (i think most of us are open to that) and we can talk about smash too. I love to.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Word. I'll be in town on and off this summer but I should mostly have access to a car when I'm here. Bloomfield Hills.

doomfact0r

Smash Rookie
You kidding me?? you guys distracted me so much, I can't concentrate when you're getting blood all over my seats and whatever else you were doing back there. Why don't you drive next time?? :mad088:

Kinglit

Smash Cadet
"Abu is now getting in shape at the DMC with kalamazhu at DCDS varsity tennis workouts."

HAHA get *****

doomfact0r

Smash Rookie
no johns
u just suck at driving actually
Yes master, teach me how to how to have an accident-free record and not hit other cars at the stoplight.

Oh wait.

That's what I thought, you're not much of a driver to be talking, and I'm far better without you and your bloody nose.

Consensus: no U suck at driving lawl

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Top Drivers arguing over who's better at driving.

This is on like a whole new level of puns.

Top Bottom