• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judo777

Smash Master
Well see thats why Sheik does fine vs Ganon she doesnt need the chain at all, its like not even remotely necessary to have a huge advantage, its just the icing on the cake. Like ftilt to 100, needles, frame data in general, fair's angle being hard for ganon to recover from, the fact that we can fair him out of his up B on hit if we can make him use it is a large part of why the MU is (IMO) his worst.

But technically yes under a platform where we cant be attacked from above and behind (the only real blind spot) Ganon has no answer to chain.

Neither does Sonic but there is a HUGE difference there. Like in a perfect world chain stuffs ALOT of stuff. Chain can actually halt off a lot of Snakes options (nikita is his only answer) but its not realistic at all. Sonic is too fast to relibaly swat all of his approaches with a chain.

Ganon its not unrealisitc. I played DLA in a few friendlies once and busted it out and I got off probably 55% or so before miss timing and eating a grounded wizard foot. And Im much better at it now. Like it wouldnt be unrealistic to make Ganon at least eat a ton of percent trying. And your only gonna eat a grounded wizard foot each time which isn't a huge punish.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Chain is so undervalued because there are so little Sheiks, and even less that actually use the chain in some way other than grabbing the ledge. As of now it's just Judo and I, but I'm trying to persuade Ed into using it. But Judo uses it differently than I do, or should I say I use it different than he does. He uses it as a swatter it seems, which really is more effective, and I use it for hard reads (and in a sense DK's ground pound which is a good comparison, except we have a longer startup I'd say) with the chain lock that people stupidly fall into and get taken for a ****storm. Chain is not a horrible move, it's very good when used in the right circumstances, but I wouldn't say that it's a great move to use on a whim, but it has its niche areas. But not surprised not many people know of them as there are about 7 Sheik mains.

In some attempt to get back to the OP, Ryo > San anyone?

Judo777

Smash Master
Chain is so undervalued because there are so little Sheiks, and even less that actually use the chain in some way other than grabbing the ledge. As of now it's just Judo and I, but I'm trying to persuade Ed into using it. But Judo uses it differently than I do, or should I say I use it different than he does. He uses it as a swatter it seems, which really is more effective, and I use it for hard reads (and in a sense DK's ground pound which is a good comparison, except we have a longer startup I'd say) with the chain lock that people stupidly fall into and get taken for a ****storm. Chain is not a horrible move, it's very good when used in the right circumstances, but I wouldn't say that it's a great move to use on a whim, but it has its niche areas. But not surprised not many people know of them as there are about 7 Sheik mains.

In some attempt to get back to the OP, Ryo > San anyone?
I actually DO use it in the same situation which IMO is actually its greatest application. The way that I'm more known for (chaining people at the ledge) is only apllicable in a few MU's. It just so happens those matches (and that MU) are the ones most people have seen of me and it just so happens to be a really big deal in that 1 MU. Floor trapping people and punishing spotdodges for 15%+ is its most common application. Its just in the few MU's where it works at the ledge it can be catastrophic.

Like the only 2 videos that people have probably seen are my matches vs Logic (and it happens to be a big presence in that MU) and playing Big Lou and MLG where I did the same thing (he could have beaten it easily and i told him how after). But because most characters have an answer to it on the ledge its really only good in like 5 or so MU's. The way you are referring to using it is how I also use it most the time. By far the best apllication.

Chain camping is a joke lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Chain camping is useless in almost every matchup even in theory. In practice its even unlikely to work out against characters like Ganon or falcon who might not be able to outrange it.

JTsm

Smash Master
Chain camping is useless in almost every matchup even in theory. In practice its even unlikely to work out against characters like Ganon or falcon who might not be able to outrange it.
lazors...

10 char

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I think I'm beginning to develop a little bit of a mancrush on Kismet because all you stupid people from GA/AL have him in your avatar.

He's so cute >.<

No homo

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If it were gay, it would've been a crush, not a mancrush. Mancrush implies that you wouldn't normally have an inclination to have a crush on a man.

Kismet's the coolest.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom