• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
Yo. Real talk. None of you are as dedicated to doubles as I am. I'm so dedicated, I play on a team in singles. It's just ****ing annoying how hard popo has to carry nana sometimes...

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yo. Real talk. None of you are as dedicated to doubles as I am. I'm so dedicated, I play on a team in singles. It's just ****ing annoying how hard popo has to carry nana sometimes...
choose a different costume noob.

but real talk it's pretty inspirational to see how much popo and nana <3 each other. Their teamwork is so emotionally connected.

*tears*

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
To be fair, I went Pit before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
Oyeah a few things i wanna discuss that have been going on in my region. Shiro has no reason to be on the wolf list, Csxmark in just this past tournament got more wins than shiro has in the past 6 months. Lycan has as well. So i feel the the debate for the bottom 2, in wolf is between csxmark lycan and obviously mcpe has been getting some good wins, but quite franjly shiro hasnt dine jack ****. His best win is a link. (scizor) Oyeah, as for the comparison between lycan and csxmark. (idk mcpes wins offhand). Lycan has beaten all the ranked playsrs in vegas except their top 3 (ven twinx zombe etc) He beat k9 at a vegas local. at the past 2 e4us ill post his results. Defeated JORDON
Lost to rich BROWN

Losers' bracket
Lost to Vicegrip
and he beat yoshikins in pools. (ranked in arizona)

Defeated Lance Stern
Lost to Havok

Losers' bracket
Defeated Raz
Lost to K9
(no notable wins in pools)

Csxmark has an MM win on vicegrip for 5$, idk if that counts.
at the first e4u mark left early so he got 2-0d by default. losing to creepy fingers, (who he beat in pools)

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Yoshiken
Lost to tyrant

Losers' bracket
Lost to Its Will Yo

he beat icedx in pools (ranked 3rd in TJ, tkds region)

either way these mediocre results are still better than shiros results in the past 6 months.

I'm not even mad but like I know for a fact that i'm better than mark

again just cause he did good in one tourney doesn't really prove anything. I always out place mark at every tourney we have entered sometimes he doesn't even make it out of pools .

Lycan on the other hand I agree he is good and might be better but not mark so you can hop off his meat and maybe if you look you can see some of my results and wins against people. I've beaten scizor more than once already. so please don't make any assumptions like this I can lose to rich brown too you know.

But i mean if you want to MM me so that I can prove this to you please just ask me and please have money cause i know you are an atm people always withdrawing

OH BY THE WAY HINO IS RANKED IN VEGAS :33333333333

:shiro:

BioDG

Smash Ace
Player-1...could you explain your avatar? At first I thought it was your title 3 times...but my laptop freaks out and duplicates anything into that spot every time it comes up.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Wtf
Dakpo Bio Shlike Y.b.M FK

Texas has so many ZSS players XD
Is that because YbM is inactive or is FK just doing better than YbM?
Yeah there are more ZSS players in our state than MK players. The funny part is that I have a pocket ZSS too >.>"

FK is just placing better. YbM is definitely active - homeboy rolls out to like every tournament out here with Infern.

Except that Infinity was talking about the DFW rankings, not the Texas PR as a whole.
^ what he said.

Here's the picture for your reference: (collapse tag because I'm a nice guy)

[collapse=DallasFortWorth PR]
[/collapse]

I thought ybm was going kirby in TX
He plays both. Dude's Kirby is a beast in teams @.@

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Check out a quote from Daigo. Connects to what I have been saying about brawl singles.

While knowing an opponent’s habits can vastly improve one’s odds in a match, to rely on this knowledge leads to very selective methods that will rarely work on multiple opponents. It also does not allow the player to grow. Daigo writes, “True strength is achieved when you can read your opponent, but defeat them without exploiting their weaknesses.”
-Daigo's book "The Will to Keep Winning"

This is why so many people struggle with brawl dubs. Cuz in singles they don't truly try to master the game and learn how to read opponents. They just try to exploit character weaknesses and this doesn't work nearly as well in dubs. This is why u see even many singles top players losing to matchups they are unaware of in singles. If u can read yer opponent then after the first match u will be fine. But if u just try to exploit weaknesses u will struggle(because u are unaware of the weaknesses).

To be a doubles master u have to be able to read both opponents and your own partner (This is why doubles is harder than singles). That is alot of brain power that I call dubs smarts. If you and your partner are utilizing team spacing then it allows for both of you to be able to read each other easier(know what each partner will do in various situations).

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
To be a doubles master u have to be able to read both opponents and your own partner (This is why doubles is harder than singles). That is alot of brain power that I call dubs smarts. If you and your partner are utilizing team spacing then it allows for both of you to be able to read each other easier(know what each partner will do in various situations).
SSSSOOOOOO much truth to this statement.

In related news - MEKOS! How you been buddy? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom