• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Assist Trophies in Brawl

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
This may be my final "Top 5," so let's make this a good one.

One of the newest items in Brawl, the Assist Trophy, is Sakurai's way of saying: "Yeah I know I didn't include this character as playable, but wouldn't that be cool if they were?" Assist trophies are one of the coolest additions to Brawl because they bring to life all of the secondary (and occasionally, primary) characters from various gaming franchises. From the moment you crack open that glass jar, you never know who...or what will pop out. Which one of these are worthy of the top 5? Let's see what we get!

*LP picks up an assist trophy and cracks it open:*

The Top 5 Assist Trophies in Brawl

#5 - Little Mac
While I don't care for lil' Mac as a character, he is definitely a recognizable face in Nintendo's history. Punch out!! is one of my favorite games for the original NES, and I am glad to see him again in Brawl. While he is not exactly worthy of the playable roster, he has a rightful place as an Assist Trophy, and his presence is more than welcomed.

#4 - Dr. Wright

This dude's got a butt. On his head. And it's green. 'Nuff said.

#3 - GRAY FOX!!!!
"Hurt me more, Snake!"
As a Metal Gear fan, I had to include this on my list. Gray Fox was a badass in MGS1, and he is still a badass in Brawl. Every time I see him jumping around on stage swinging his sword at lightning speeds, I can't help but feel awesome for being a Snake main. The Metal Gear franchise needed at least one more representative in Brawl, and Gray Fox fits that role perfectly. Just be thankful it wasn't MGS2's Raiden. :chuckle:

#2 - Isaac

Although I've only gotten half-way in the first Golden Sun and have never played the sequel(s), Isaac is a pretty cool character. It's just a shame he's not playable this time around. In the actual game, Isaac can stir up a whole lot of chaos as well. That "Palm of Death" move he has can always screw your opponent up well, and occasionally even K.O. them for you! Thanks, Isaac!

#1 - Mr. Resetti
I know a lot of you are thinking: "WTF?! I hate this guy so much LOL!1" But that's exactly why he's #1. For everyone who has actually played Animal Crossing (i'm guilty), you can't tell me that Mr. Resetti was not the most annoying character ever created. If you turned off your Gamecube while in the middle of a game, Mr. Resetti would ***** you out for a good 5 minutes until you could actually play again. And when he showed up in Brawl, i thought: no freaking way. This is, in this reviewer's humble opinion, the most creative and hilarious assist trophy there is. What a perfect place for Mr. Resetti to make his Brawl appearance.

Sadly, Chuck Norris did not make the list. This is probably because Sakurai could not make an assist trophy big enough for him. I would've loved to open an assist trophy and have Chuck Norris round-house someone to the face. That woulda been sweet.

As with my other top 5's, I hope to hear from you guys as well. So go ahead, post your own top 5, and I will do my best to comment on them.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
#1: Isaac

Seriously, the Golden Sun series is my absolute favorite of all time and Isaac is my favorite character from it. Move ends up being extremely useful as his AT move and can send opponents really far and maybe KO them. Isaac just rocks in the GS games, too.

#2: Grey Fox

This guy can rack up so many hits and trap opponents for a smash to the face. Pretty cool. I love his voice as well.

#3: Little Mac

I love Little Mac and his usefulness as an AT is great, too. His punches can rack up damage quickly. An old face is always welcome in the SSB games.

#4: Stafy

I don't care what anyone says, Stafy is ****ing funny to watch walk around and do his little spin attacks. I'm glad this little guy became an AT, lol.

#5: Custom Robo (Ray MK III)

I just love this thing because it's like a Gundam.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
#2: Grey Fox

This guy can rack up so many hits and trap opponents for a smash to the face. Pretty cool. I love his voice as well.

#4: Stafy

I don't care what anyone says, Stafy is ****ing funny to watch walk around and do his little spin attacks. I'm glad this little guy became an AT, lol.
My comments on these two: Who doesn't love Gray Fox's voice? He sounds so cool! I wish I had that voice in real life. <.<

Also, Stafy was originally going to be my #5 pick, but I forgot about Dr. Wright and just had to mention him. Poor Stafy, always being tossed aside :(

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
In terms of how valuable the AT's are, I'd say...

5- Dr. Wright
4- Jeff
3- Little Mac
2- Knuckle Joe
1- Waluigi

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
In terms of how valuable the AT's are, I'd say...

5- Dr. Wright
4- Jeff
3- Little Mac
2- Knuckle Joe
1- Waluigi
I'd say that looks about right, but I'm trying to avoid this thread from becoming like an AT tier list or something, lol.

smashbot226

Smash Master
5. Stafy

This isn't much a favorite really, It's more of a non favorite. I was happy to see this guy deconfirmed, because- well, how the hell would a little star fight? SPINNING?

4. Grey Fox

I actually didn't think there WOULD be a MGS Assist Trophy, but when I saw Grey Fox, I was all like, "Wow, they actually CAN do it."

3. Knuckle Joe

Other than Waluigi and Knuckle Joe, this guy is the BEST killing machine in the game. Seriously, all it takes is three moves and BAM! You're dead, man.

2. Tingle

Reasons same as Stafy, because- oh forget it.

1. Waluigi

This is what I thought when all the haters out there thought he'd only be sticker AT BEST.

"HA! You *ssholes just got served! Sure, nobody wanted him playable, but still, YOU GOT SERVED!" I liked all the haters getting their arse beaten by Sakurai.

Oh, and it shows how much Geno blows. If a hated character gets in before that puppet...

LOL

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
1. Waluigi

This is what I thought when all the haters out there thought he'd only be sticker AT BEST.

"HA! You *ssholes just got served! Sure, nobody wanted him playable, but still, YOU GOT SERVED!" I liked all the haters getting their arse beaten by Sakurai.

Oh, and it shows how much Geno blows. If a hated character gets in before that puppet...

LOL
That was some serious Ownage right there. With a capitol "O".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. Waluigi

LOL
You are aware that Geno is third party, right?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not necessarily in order...

The useful ones:

Knuckle Joe
Lyn
Waluigi
Jeff
Little Mac

The awesome ones:

Knuckle Joe
Isaac
Custom Robo
Gray Fox
Shadow

I bet you can't guess my favorite Assist Trophy (who should've been playable... Grr...). :)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't really play with AT's, but I do like Gray Fox which I'm fond of him as well as Lynn who is also great

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
The AT that I like most (Not Necessarily The Best) would have to be Waluigi. :laugh: Love having people get trapped and struggle to escape my U-Smash. :laugh:

Besides Waluigi, the next one is Issac. :ohwell: I really liked the Golden Sun games. Plus, Issac's AT is actually sort of useful and can KO.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is my favorite but that must be cause I love golden sun :D besides everytime he comes out he ends up KOing a few.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
My favorite is Jeff Andronauts because he is an Earthbound related assist trophy.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I defiantly agree with number 1.
I don't feel like making my own list.
i like Knuckle Joe and Lyn. =P
Thats bout it.

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
5. Kat and Ana (Warioware suprise assist!)
4. Infantry and Tanks (I LOVE the Advance War Series)
3. Grey Fox (total badass)
2. Lyn (Fire Emblem!)
1. Saki Amamiya (Cool, awesome, win)

Peck

Smash Apprentice
1. Shadow (He looks so cool and his voice is cool too...
2. Stafy
3. resetti
4. The two little guys that do X's on your opponent-i forget the names.
5. Devil (Ugly but funny)

smashbot226

Smash Master
1. Shadow (He looks so cool and his voice is cool too...
2. Stafy
3. resetti
4. The two little guys that do X's on your opponent-i forget the names.
5. Devil (Ugly but funny)
1. They're GIRLS.

2. They're Kat and Ana. Get it?

3. They're kindergarden ninjas.

I also agree with your Devil statement.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Shadow is so lame as an AT. All he does is slow down time, which they took from that clock-item already. He could've been so much cooler. :(

Resetti > Shadow.

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
Most useful:

1. Knuckle Joe
2. Waluigi
3. Little Mac
4. Gray Fox
5. Ray II

Mamba

Smash Rookie
The lack of Excitebike love is depressing, I mark out ever time those little bikers come out of an Assist Trophy.

I'd be at a loss to rank my 5 favourite ATs, but Resetti's definitely my favourite, whenever he comes out everyone's like 'OH GOD, NOT MR. RESETTI!' and then proceed to laugh as his ridiculous musings get in the way.

sprodj

Smash Rookie
No question about it, Resetti is the funniest Assist Trophy.
Someone should compile a list of all the things he says.
It would be like 100 pages long.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Awesomeness:
1. Mr. Resetti
2. Shadow
3. Gray Fox
4. Ray 01
5. Saki

Effectiveness:
1. Knuckle Joe
2. Gray Fox
3. Little Mac
4. Isaac
5. Saki

D

Deleted member

1. Isaac
2. Waluigi
3. Little Mac
4. Knuckle Joe
5. Saki

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
1.) Resetti! FTW! As a player of animal crossing DS with the cool nintendo house stuff resetti and I go way back XD.
2.) Stafy! Stafy is hilarious to watch spin about, at my local tournament finals my friend and I just waited on both sides of FD as we watched stafy iinsouciantly spin about. yay comedic relief.
3.) Knuckle Joe: He is just plain cool with a funny accent!
4.) excitebike: (assit trophy opens)...20 bikes kamakazie off the edge of the stage lol :D
5.) Waluigi he steps on you and serves you up like a side of bacon, period.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
lyn is my fav cuz she always kills and shes hot...
how do you get her trophy? not AT but just T...

cjrocker

Smash Ace
5. Lyn-What's not to like about an instant kill?
4. Shadow-As far as the Sonic series goes, Shadow is the coolest by far.
3. Kat & Ana-Just because they saved me on 100 man brawl more than once.
2. Mr. Resetti-Who wouldn't put him on their list?
1. Excitebike-Ah, the nostalgia. All it takes is one to trap someone in their fury.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Top 5:

5. Lyn - Always hits and is oh so cool.
4. Waluigi - Radiates awesomeness
3. Tingle - Because he is Tingle
2. Gray Fox - Cool swordplay and awesome lines
1. Mr. Resetti - Do I even need to explain this one?

Bottom 5:

5. Shadow - Yeah, Chaos Control, great. Where's Knuckles?
4. Nintendog - If there was ever a justification for kicking a puppy, here it is.
3. Dr. Wright - Wrong direction. AGAIN.
2. Stafy - Why did he even come here?
1. Little Mac and Knuckle Joe - Always runs straight for the nearest edge.

awlccl123

Smash Apprentice
5. Tingle- does cool stuff
4. Metroid- 'nuff said
3. Lyn- what you guys said
2. Kat & Ana- No real reason
1. Jeff- My third favorite EarthBound character, only topped by Mr. Saturn and the Fobby. As an assist trophy, multi-bottle rockets FTW!

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
I decided to make a list of my favorites. :)

Top 5 Favorites ~
1 - Kat and Ana - Because I Like Grabbing My Opponents And Making Them Helpless :)
2 - Waluigi - Because I Like Seeing My Opponents Being Helpless While I Smash Them :)
3 - Custom Robo - Small And Dangerous :ohwell:
4 - Mr. Resetti - LOL :laugh:
5 - Issac - He Shoots Glowing Hands And Pushes People Off The Stage Without Even Damaging Them ;)

Noa.

Smash Master
My favorites
5.Kat&Ana: Who doesn't love kindergarden ninjas?
4.Lyn: She's cool, definetly.
3.Jeff: Bottle rockets are awesome.
2.Custome Robo: A few months before brawl came out, I got Custom Robo for the ds, and I loved, so when he appears on screen, I just have to do a taunt.
1.Issac: Golden Sun was the best, and if he was playable, he would be my main. When he appears I just stop fighting, taunt next to him, and take pictures.

Effectiveness
5. Issac: If he hits with move, it's almost a guranteed KO, and he can get the smash ball for you.
4. Barbara: If an opponent is near her when she starts, they will get hit by all of the sound waves, and she might even get a KO.
3. Knuckle Joe: One strike from him, and your opponents will be KO'd!
2. Lyn: Instant surprise KO for the win.
1. Waluigi: OMG, this guy can damage your opponents, and hold them inplace for you to charge a smash. And if you're too busy to handle your opponent, he might KO them himself.

f0cus

Smash Cadet
Zomg. the little rock-like guy thats just a head in the backround, he has red eyes and hes white and shoots squares out of his mouth. i call him obama. such lookalikes.

Top Bottom